Author Topic: Time To Show Klopp The Love  (Read 13884 times)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Re: Time To Show Klopp The Love
« Reply #160 on: March 9, 2021, 01:50:16 pm »
Thankful for the Kuntz.  ;D

Remember him from Euro 96 and the stumbling that went on over saying his name !! Presumably the same fella.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #161 on: March 9, 2021, 01:51:31 pm »
Not much pride in footy left these days, but I am proud and honoured Klopp is at Anfield. I will get behind him no matter what happens this season or the next.

At 62, I honestly (and for good reason) thought we would never lift the title again in my lifetime.

Klopp delivered us that long sought after Title, a season after we lifted The CL. What the vast majority of clubs can only dream of happening to them, Klopp gave to us in 2 back to back seasons, and against all the odds!

I have been a fan since 65, loved Shankly and Paisley most as managers, Hughes, Keegan and Stevie most as players, and Klopp is up there with all these legends in my estimation.

Anybody who wants him out, either openly or secretly seriously need to fuck off.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #162 on: March 9, 2021, 01:54:38 pm »
Remember him from Euro 96 and the stumbling that went on over saying his name !! Presumably the same fella.

yep, that’s him. He’s 58 now  :o

He used to play for one of the classic German teams, Kaiserslautern, where he won the league and cup. Kaiserslautern these days playing in the 3rd tier of German football, which is pretty sad.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: March 9, 2021, 01:59:24 pm »

Yes, Baddiel and Skinner used a piece of commentary, tounge in cheek, alleging anti German bias "Here come the Germans, Kuntz"

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: March 9, 2021, 02:07:32 pm »
brilliant response to the Germany speculation from our leader.
closes it out.
crap season so far
but win number 7 and win the league next year.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #165 on: March 9, 2021, 02:23:54 pm »
yep, that’s him. He’s 58 now  :o

He used to play for one of the classic German teams, Kaiserslautern, where he won the league and cup. Kaiserslautern these days playing in the 3rd tier of German football, which is pretty sad.

God that makes me feel old. I actually went to that final as well.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #167 on: March 9, 2021, 02:30:01 pm »
"I will not be available as a potential coach for Germany. I have three years left at Liverpool don't I? It's simple. You sign a contract and you stick to that contract. I stuck to contracts at both Mainz, Dortmund."

Three more years of Klopp, I would have preferred an infinity but I'll take that.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: March 9, 2021, 02:32:54 pm »
"I will not be available as a potential coach for Germany. I have three years left at Liverpool don't I? It's simple. You sign a contract and you stick to that contract. I stuck to contracts at both Mainz, Dortmund."

Three more years of Klopp, I would have preferred an infinity but I'll take that.

to be utterly pedantic, he didn't at Dortmund  ;D

But yeah, only way some will take it on board is for him to say it - although, that STILL won’t be enough!!

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
« Reply #169 on: March 9, 2021, 02:44:08 pm »
Yes, Baddiel and Skinner used a piece of commentary, tounge in cheek, alleging anti German bias "Here come the Germans, Kuntz"

😀

https://youtu.be/9VCJVZ2I9zY
We’re not English. We’re SCOUSE.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #171 on: March 9, 2021, 02:57:46 pm »
You think that will stop the rumours?

Who gives a bugger? The most important person has made his position quite clear. If you want to drive your self mad listening to stupid rumours that’s your right.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #172 on: March 9, 2021, 03:02:15 pm »
wouldn't begrudge him the german job but hope he stays for a few years yet

these last 2 seasons side by side - wow what a ride!
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #173 on: March 9, 2021, 03:03:32 pm »
Who gives a bugger? The most important person has made his position quite clear. If you want to drive your self mad listening to stupid rumours that’s your right.
Yep. I'm staying focused on what the man himself says, not the background waffling of mindless, gossipping non-entities.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #174 on: March 9, 2021, 03:06:17 pm »
Klopp love in here.. :wave

If you have some Klopp love..

If not..

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #175 on: March 9, 2021, 03:14:02 pm »
Not much pride in footy left these days, but I am proud and honoured Klopp is at Anfield. I will get behind him no matter what happens this season or the next.

At 62, I honestly (and for good reason) thought we would never lift the title again in my lifetime.

Klopp delivered us that long sought after Title, a season after we lifted The CL. What the vast majority of clubs can only dream of happening to them, Klopp gave to us in 2 back to back seasons, and against all the odds!

I have been a fan since 65, loved Shankly and Paisley most as managers, Hughes, Keegan and Stevie most as players, and Klopp is up there with all these legends in my estimation.

Anybody who wants him out, either openly or secretly seriously need to fuck off.
Couldn’t have put it better. Had pretty much thought I’d never see a league title again - much less by playing the style of football we did. My hope is that even the remotest suggestion that he might’ve been off will make us appreciate just what we have.
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: March 9, 2021, 03:16:59 pm »
Remember how damn long it took us to win this thing?

Yeah Kloppo did that.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #177 on: March 9, 2021, 03:34:30 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56335941

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says he is not "available" to succeed Joachim Low as manager of his native Germany.

The German Football Association has announced that Low will leave the role after this summer's European Championships.

"Am I available for the job after the summer? No," said Klopp.

"Someone else will do the job and, with the number of good German managers, I am sure the German FA will find a good solution."

Klopp, 53, was appointed Liverpool manager in October 2015 and has led the club to victory in the Champions League in 2019 and to the 2019-20 Premier League title.

The latter was the Anfield club's first top-flight title since 1990 but they have struggled this season and are eighth in the Premier League - seven points from a top-four spot.

Klopp said: "I will not be available as a potential coach for Germany. I have three years left at Liverpool don't I?

"It's simple. You sign a contract and you stick to that contract. I stuck to contracts at both Mainz and Dortmund."

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: March 9, 2021, 03:48:20 pm »
Get in Jurgen lad, love the man.

Heard at lunchtime that Low was leaving Germany and my heart sank as I knew Germany would come calling. Always said if Jurgen left for another club I would me mightily pissed off with him, but if his country came calling I would understand him leaving us. That statement saying he isn't available for 3 years is music to my ears 😎

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: March 9, 2021, 03:54:31 pm »
People saying they would rather sell half the team than lose Klopp.  I suspect most of the players love him so much that they would transfer list themselves rather than have him leave. :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: March 9, 2021, 04:12:23 pm »
Remember how damn long it took us to win this thing?

Yeah Kloppo did that.

Then think of how little time it took him to do this

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: March 9, 2021, 04:19:58 pm »
˄
indeed rob.

to

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: March 9, 2021, 04:22:28 pm »
˄
indeed rob.

to

This is why they want to turn screw on the man . This season is a fluke . We will be back and they know it .

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #183 on: March 9, 2021, 04:23:32 pm »
You think that will stop the rumours?

Why wouldn’t it? From the great mans mouth himself and he isn’t one to go back on his word I would of thought

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: March 9, 2021, 04:26:11 pm »

I am the same vintage. You're speaking for me too brother. I love this guy.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: March 9, 2021, 04:26:45 pm »
This is why they want to turn screw on the man . This season is a fluke . We will be back and they know it .

back with a fucking vengeance

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: March 9, 2021, 04:30:16 pm »
That's just conjecture as we won't ever be privvy to whether he was given that option and refused. Any of us who have lost a parent, especially a Mum, know how hard it is, but also know that you go back to work and you do what you can to get through each day. I really struggled after I lost my Mum, but work at least took my mind off it a touch, it was still very difficult though. If he requested time off, I'm sure the club would have said yes.

That's fair enough and you're right - we don't know what went on and maybe the club did try to offer him the opportunity to take leave.

But I suppose for me it's one thing that he continues to do his job, but another that he has to face the media every couple of days and have to deal with that side. I feel like the guys is, at best, grieving, and at worst trying to work through a breakdown of sorts. Is it really necessary that he's had to show up and face shit questions and journalists asking him if he's ok in amongst all that?

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #187 on: March 9, 2021, 04:34:40 pm »
back with a fucking vengeance

Without question. And it would be just like us to rock up and win number 7 this year just to piss other fans off

You had a bad season didn`t you. Yeah, but the European Cup is a nice cherry on the turd of a season.  8)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: March 9, 2021, 04:37:45 pm »
That's fair enough and you're right - we don't know what went on and maybe the club did try to offer him the opportunity to take leave.

But I suppose for me it's one thing that he continues to do his job, but another that he has to face the media every couple of days and have to deal with that side. I feel like the guys is, at best, grieving, and at worst trying to work through a breakdown of sorts. Is it really necessary that he's had to show up and face shit questions and journalists asking him if he's ok in amongst all that?

If there was a serious issue, I am sure someone would have him step back. For one thing his family wouldn’t sit back and let him continue putting himself out there.

No doubt it’s a tough time on and off the pitch for him, but I wouldn’t worry too much. For all his total professionalism, and wanting to be front and centre especially in a crisis - cos that’s the sort of man he is, he will have people looking out for his well being that wouldn’t let him take on so much if he was struggling.

I agree with the media stuff by the way - during that spell last month, there was a few instances when the a-holes in the media where really going for him and he was obviously fed up of it, I would have been all for him letting others help.  But now, it’s part of the routine, and he’s back dealing with it calmly (until the next idiot turns up  :P ).

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: March 9, 2021, 04:39:14 pm »
Really miss him running to the kop with the fist pumps. Dont want to see anyone else doing the job but him he is just right for it
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: March 9, 2021, 04:41:44 pm »

He could delegate the media stuff to Pep Lijnders or Peter Krawietz if he really wanted to though, or even send Andreas Kornmayer out, that'd confuse the media, I'm sure his backroom staff have all offered to do it at some point on his behalf- I bet the likes of Milly and Hendo have also chipped in with offers to cover for him, we see what a close knit group of people the entire team is.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: March 9, 2021, 04:42:37 pm »
Really miss him running to the kop with the fist pumps. Dont want to see anyone else doing the job but him he is just right for it

That first one he did when the 2,000 were allowed back in, you could see the absolute joy on his face doing it.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 9, 2021, 04:50:22 pm »
Great manager. Shite is temporary.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #193 on: March 9, 2021, 04:56:48 pm »
He could delegate the media stuff to Pep Lijnders or Peter Krawietz if he really wanted to though, or even send Andreas Kornmayer out, that'd confuse the media, I'm sure his backroom staff have all offered to do it at some point on his behalf- I bet the likes of Milly and Hendo have also chipped in with offers to cover for him, we see what a close knit group of people the entire team is.

I dont even think he'd want to, he's so strong as a manager that he wants to take the heat even now. You can see how tired he is mentally and he's still turning up, trying to put a smile on through the endless, pointless questions about the same thing.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 9, 2021, 05:10:28 pm »
Lovely from the boss as always,no umming and ahhing at all and move on.

It's what we've come to expect from Jurgen,he's one of us.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: March 9, 2021, 05:54:38 pm »
That first one he did when the 2,000 were allowed back in, you could see the absolute joy on his face doing it.

In the kop  that night , hugely emotional moment for me alongside the ynwa at the beginning

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: March 9, 2021, 06:05:13 pm »
In the kop  that night , hugely emotional moment for me alongside the ynwa at the beginning

What was it like? As a kid I used to get on the Kop at 1pm to get my spec and I've done the tours twice, so I've been inside an empty Anfield, but never watched a game with only 2,000 in, was it really eerie?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #197 on: March 9, 2021, 06:08:41 pm »

Amen Brother. Great man. Great manager. Great club. Shit Season.
Next season the expectations will be low.
A season out of Europe could help rebuild the energy and the momentum. Will be horrible not to be in Europe, but Klopp will get us competing once again.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #198 on: March 9, 2021, 06:24:47 pm »
  Me too.  :thumbup

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: March 9, 2021, 07:00:35 pm »
What was it like? As a kid I used to get on the Kop at 1pm to get my spec and I've done the tours twice, so I've been inside an empty Anfield, but never watched a game with only 2,000 in, was it really eerie?

It was much anticipated from a personal perspective after being away from there longer than I’d ever been in nearly 50 years , Match going has taken on extra significance since my son started coming with me since he was about 8/9 and he’s 20 now and he’s not enjoyed lockdown as he doesn’t work or go out except for the match and Euro trips .

Because you could see heads everywhere once Inside it felt like more than 2000 and didn’t feel eerie But it was 2000 fans who had been starved of seeing the champions so we were all well up for it so was as good as atmosphere that could be expected .

Hopefully we will be back to normal crowds soon and  can all enjoy the fist pumps from Jurgen .