Author Topic: Gaming chair  (Read 848 times)

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
Gaming chair
« on: February 28, 2021, 09:48:37 pm »
Any recommendations for under £150 ?
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Re: Gaming chair
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 10:13:46 pm »
Any recommendations for under £150 ?

Ditch the 'gaming chair' concept for one. They're poor and umcomfortable chairs, especially at that price point. Only decent one I've tried cost around £400 but wasn't any more comfortable than the ones I've linked below.

Creeping outside your budget but people on the Reddit love this one from Ikea, have a few friends who have them as well and hear only good things:
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/markus-office-chair-glose-black-20103101/

Argos sell the Habitat copy of the same chair cheaper, can't vouch for it:
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3208201

If you're looking for a more straight forward lounge type chair then these are good:
https://www.wayfair.co.uk/furniture/pdp/zipcode-design-boivin-executive-chair-u003019765.html
https://www.wayfair.co.uk/furniture/pdp/17-stories-ahshanti-executive-chair-u002064934.html
https://www.wayfair.co.uk/furniture/pdp/ebern-designs-berberia-executive-chair-u002215563.html

« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 10:16:18 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 10:22:48 pm »
Ditch the 'gaming chair' concept for one. They're poor and umcomfortable chairs, especially at that price point. Only decent one I've tried cost around £400 but wasn't any more comfortable than the ones I've linked below.

Fullly agree with that. The only thing "gaming" adds to a chair is 10 percent on the price. Other than that, they're just normal chairs. So just get one you find the most comfortable. Sadly, I only found out after buying one. It's okay, but at the end of the day, I could have gotten a better chair for the same price that was not "gaming".

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 1, 2021, 03:53:09 am »

Yeah absolutely, couldn't agree more.  They're essentially (for the most part) badly made office chairs with a £150 pound premium for the tag 'gaming chair' and some bright colours and graphic logos.

EDIT: just realised that I've made almost the exact same post as Stoa.  Unsure if that's a case of 'great minds think alike' or 'fools seldom differ'.  :P   
« Last Edit: March 1, 2021, 03:55:13 am by Darren G »

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #4 on: March 1, 2021, 04:09:31 am »
EDIT: just realised that I've made almost the exact same post as Stoa.  Unsure if that's a case of 'great minds think alike' or 'fools seldom differ'.  :P   

Mate, if it's the same as mine, then there's only one option and sadly it does not include the words "great minds". ;D

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 1, 2021, 07:19:11 am »
Ikea Markus is a decent budget option
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #6 on: March 1, 2021, 07:45:36 am »
Ikea Markus is a decent budget option
Have you something else in mind ? If I stretched the budget
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: March 1, 2021, 05:49:32 pm »
Have you something else in mind ? If I stretched the budget

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 2, 2021, 03:19:31 am »
Mate, if it's the same as mine, then there's only one option and sadly it does not include the words "great minds". ;D

Peobably true, but "Stoa and I are both morons, but that's our opinion" didn't sound like a persuasive closing argument. ;D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 2, 2021, 09:18:34 am »
I don't game on PC's, but I do work on my chair for 8-12 hours a day.
Had severe issues with my back for years until I bought a second hand Aeron chair.
All of sudden I can sit for days and with moderate stretching never seem to have any issues.

Even used it's outside your budget, but if you want to solve that problem once and for all - Aeron is the way to go.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #10 on: March 2, 2021, 09:25:12 am »
I don't game on PC's, but I do work on my chair for 8-12 hours a day.
Had severe issues with my back for years until I bought a second hand Aeron chair.
All of sudden I can sit for days and with moderate stretching never seem to have any issues.

Even used it's outside your budget, but if you want to solve that problem once and for all - Aeron is the way to go.

The pandemic has ruined the second hand market for Aerons though so you're probably left with buying new only. I think the Embody is a bit better so that's what I bought: https://officefurniturescene.co.uk/shop/office-chairs/ergonomic-office-chair/herman-miller-embody-chair/

Was cycling through shit chairs every couple of years,hopefully this lasts!
:D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 2, 2021, 08:37:41 pm »
The pandemic has ruined the second hand market for Aerons though so you're probably left with buying new only. I think the Embody is a bit better so that's what I bought: https://officefurniturescene.co.uk/shop/office-chairs/ergonomic-office-chair/herman-miller-embody-chair/

Was cycling through shit chairs every couple of years,hopefully this lasts!

While not as cheap as they used to be, there is still fairly decent availability of second-hand aerons.

That point about cycling through cheaper chairs is definitely an overlooked aspect when it comes to price, you might get lucky on the cheaper ones, there is a reason why new aerons come with a 12 year warranty and can often last much longer for people.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 2, 2021, 08:47:53 pm »
I've got the Markus, it's a good chair.