Author Topic: The Joe Biden Presidency Thread - 46th President of the United States  (Read 173318 times)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Joe Biden Presidency Thread - 46th President of the United States
« Reply #560 on: February 26, 2021, 10:45:32 am »
Took him a fucking long time to start bombing around the world.
I get the reasoning behind it, I get the 'USA is back bitches' and it might only be a warning shot to calm down the rampaging assholes.

Still feels like shit to wake up to this news.

Offline SOHC

• Main Stander
« Reply #561 on: February 26, 2021, 02:48:49 pm »
Still feels like shit to wake up to this news.

Felt the same when I read this.

Yemen was obviously a step in the right direction. Not dropping Iranian sanctions, potentially breaking the Afghanistan peace agreement and now this military strike (seemingly a proxy action to show that the new administration "means business" when it comes to Iran) are troubling.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: February 26, 2021, 05:34:27 pm »

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: February 26, 2021, 10:52:05 pm »
No sanction for MBS.

I guess they gotta keep their oil supply sweet.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #564 on: February 26, 2021, 11:36:05 pm »
No sanction for MBS.

I guess they gotta keep their oil supply sweet.

He's off to a flyer.

> Doesn't sack an assistant press secretary for sexist, profane comments to a journalist from Politico.
> Bombs Syria when in the past people like Harris had criticised the US doing the same.
> Gives MBS the Monopoly 'Get Out Of Jail' card. Spend $200b and avoid any punishment.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #565 on: February 27, 2021, 01:21:07 am »
He is off to a flyer. A $1.9 trillion Covid stimulus package is about to be passed. The owners of small businesses I know this time have qualified and are actually going to get help. He's on track to keep the 100 million vaccinations in 100 days promise. I have family members who have been vaccinated at special centers that have been set up since he's been in office.

The above post is why Democrats have been losing for eons and why Trump came about in the first place. The sooner people recognize that they don't actually live in a utopia where some sort of messiah will come about and fix everything, the better.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 01:23:50 am by Caligula? »

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: February 27, 2021, 04:07:28 am »
^ Yes.
It’s going to be hard for Joe, and like with Obama, the right wing will be ready to blame him for fucking everything.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: February 27, 2021, 04:35:09 am »
^ Yes.
It’s going to be hard for Joe, and like with Obama, the right wing will be ready to blame him for fucking everything.

Some things will be hard.

This wage bill issue though,  I just read that the Dems stopped the process in the Senate after the 'senate parliamentarian'  said it can't be included.

Now if you're wondering what the fuck is a senate parliamentarian,  join the club :)

Apparently it's an advisory role and the current lady was appointed back in 2012. The power is there for this person's pronouncements to simply be overruled by the President of the Senate (Kamala Harris).

Yet they stopped it.  Maybe there's another angle, this is not my area,  anyone feel free to elucidate.  If there's no other angle,  then the Dems are just shit leaders on this issue,  on something so critical to the well being of the people.

www.cnbc.com/2021/02/26/the-15-minimum-wage-is-in-trouble-heres-what-you-need-to-know.html
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 04:43:45 am by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: February 27, 2021, 04:41:47 am »
He is off to a flyer. A $1.9 trillion Covid stimulus package is about to be passed. The owners of small businesses I know this time have qualified and are actually going to get help. He's on track to keep the 100 million vaccinations in 100 days promise. I have family members who have been vaccinated at special centers that have been set up since he's been in office.

The above post is why Democrats have been losing for eons and why Trump came about in the first place. The sooner people recognize that they don't actually live in a utopia where some sort of messiah will come about and fix everything, the better.

I wasn't the one who said they'd 'sack them on the spot' when he took office about any staff who treat a colleague with disrespect. Most of his party including Harris have criticised the previous admin for bombings overseas. He also said on 20/11/2019 that he would punish Saudi Leaders For Jamal Khashoggi’s Death.

Yes, he has delivered on a number of things. But he's also fallen short on some of his previous promises. He's not like Trump in having no experience in international diplomacy or local politics so he can't say he didn't know certain things before promising them.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
« Reply #569 on: February 27, 2021, 12:30:48 pm »
I wasn't the one who said they'd 'sack them on the spot' when he took office about any staff who treat a colleague with disrespect. Most of his party including Harris have criticised the previous admin for bombings overseas. He also said on 20/11/2019 that he would punish Saudi Leaders For Jamal Khashoggi’s Death.

Yes, he has delivered on a number of things. But he's also fallen short on some of his previous promises. He's not like Trump in having no experience in international diplomacy or local politics so he can't say he didn't know certain things before promising them.
At what point did Biden say he wasn't going to use the military?????
The sack on the spot thing is a load of crap from people. The guy was suffering from stage 4 cancer and sacking him would have removed his health insurance. They dealt with it, he is gone.
The treat of immediate removal was never even fucking legal, he was setting the tone. Fuck me does this even have to explained?

The Saudi thing is only starting
Whatever you see as your point, Biden was voting in by millions that do not all hold the same views. That's democracy.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: February 27, 2021, 06:23:47 pm »
The lack of willingness/courage to overrule the Senate parliamentarian and/or call Manchin and Sinema's bluff on the minimum wage pisses me off far more than the Syrian airstrike or the response to the Khashoggi report.

If Manchin and Sinema really won't countenance raising the minimum wage, fine but put it on the record as you did with the Republicans on impeachment.

I'm seeing a lot of presumptious talk on Twitter of "oh well, if we make gains in the Senate in 2022, Manchin and Sinema will become irrelevant" as if there isn't a good chance that the Dems failing to deliver significant change will see them (not undeservedly) lose the majority altogether.

Manchin and Sinema are going to tank HR 1 too with their current hardline pro-filibuster stance. Again, good luck making gains in 2022 with all the gerrymandering Republican state legislators are attempting to ram through, in a decidedly un-bipartisan manner.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 06:25:58 pm by ShakaHislop »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: February 27, 2021, 09:19:37 pm »
The last time Republicans disagreed with the Senate Parliamentarian, they fired him.  Just saying.

Problem with Manchin is that going against the minimum wage might piss off people in his state, but who are they going to vote for instead?  A Republican who also doesn't believe in raising the minimum wage?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: February 27, 2021, 09:23:46 pm »
The lack of willingness/courage to overrule the Senate parliamentarian and/or call Manchin and Sinema's bluff on the minimum wage pisses me off far more than the Syrian airstrike or the response to the Khashoggi report.

If Manchin and Sinema really won't countenance raising the minimum wage, fine but put it on the record as you did with the Republicans on impeachment.

I'm seeing a lot of presumptious talk on Twitter of "oh well, if we make gains in the Senate in 2022, Manchin and Sinema will become irrelevant" as if there isn't a good chance that the Dems failing to deliver significant change will see them (not undeservedly) lose the majority altogether.

Manchin and Sinema are going to tank HR 1 too with their current hardline pro-filibuster stance. Again, good luck making gains in 2022 with all the gerrymandering Republican state legislators are attempting to ram through, in a decidedly un-bipartisan manner.
This is where Jon Tester is at. He the Dem senator from Montana. https://twitter.com/SteveESpaulding/status/1365702874748121094
It going to be Biden to move Manchin and Sinema more then anything. Also like wonder when Biden going to do the Joint address to congress(what the State of the union called in the first year) and how it going to look.
Priority 1 is getting the covid bill done, that most urgent matter, just need the senate bill to pass then the house to pass it again(if the bill is different which seems likely) then Biden signs it.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: February 27, 2021, 10:21:51 pm »

He’s 1 month into a 4 year term.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: February 27, 2021, 10:49:32 pm »
This is where Jon Tester is at. He the Dem senator from Montana. https://twitter.com/SteveESpaulding/status/1365702874748121094
It going to be Biden to move Manchin and Sinema more then anything. Also like wonder when Biden going to do the Joint address to congress(what the State of the union called in the first year) and how it going to look.
Priority 1 is getting the covid bill done, that most urgent matter, just need the senate bill to pass then the house to pass it again(if the bill is different which seems likely) then Biden signs it.

From that Twitter thread you linked to

“It’s being abused to the max & it’s no longer about getting bipartisan groups of senators together to pass a piece of legislation together. Now it’s used to stonewall, it’s used to stop.” 1/

“And for those reasons, I think we do need to go back and take a look at it. But I think we ought to give this Congress a chance to screw up before we change it. That’s my opinion.” 2/

So he knows there's a problem, but he's going to sit on his hands until the next Congress why exactly? What's the logic here? What is the incentive for the Republicans to stonewall less?

As irritating as the above is, he at least sounds open to change which Manchin and Sinema have not in their public statements (and I see no reason to believe they feel different privately)

Manchin and Sinema have sounded so categorical in their refusal to countenance nuking the filibuster that I'm doubtful they're merely holding out for earmarks/bribes for their home states. If I'm right with that, then I feel Biden and/or Schumer have to be prepared to play bad cop with them and I'm yet to be convinced that they are.

For the avoidance of any doubt, this isn't a "all Dems suck/are same as Republicans" thing. Manchin and Sinema are primarily to blame here but at the same time, senior Dems like Biden, Harris and Schumer can't just shrug their shoulders in response. They have to do everything they possibly can to bring Manchin and Sinema around, even if it's dirty or ugly.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 10:59:32 pm by ShakaHislop »

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: February 27, 2021, 11:43:24 pm »

So he knows there's a problem, but he's going to sit on his hands until the next Congress why exactly? What's the logic here? What is the incentive for the Republicans to stonewall less?

As irritating as the above is, he at least sounds open to change which Manchin and Sinema have not in their public statements (and I see no reason to believe they feel different privately)

Manchin and Sinema have sounded so categorical in their refusal to countenance nuking the filibuster that I'm doubtful they're merely holding out for earmarks/bribes for their home states. If I'm right with that, then I feel Biden and/or Schumer have to be prepared to play bad cop with them and I'm yet to be convinced that they are.

For the avoidance of any doubt, this isn't a "all Dems suck/are same as Republicans" thing. Manchin and Sinema are primarily to blame here but at the same time, senior Dems like Biden, Harris and Schumer can't just shrug their shoulders in response. They have to do everything they possibly can to bring Manchin and Sinema around, even if it's dirty or ugly.
It also sounds like he saying they need to see again(the blockades from GOP on legislation). Im sure Manchin wants some earmarks in the infrastructure bill. Sinema I have no clue. Yea I think more pressure going to be on the filibuster when HR1 passes the house. Medicare when LBJ first asked for a whip count they asked for 50(that was needed to for a vote, still needed 60 or 67 to end debate(however was really only used on civil rights to kill bills)) however it ended up with like 60+ votes because a lot of saw it going to pass and wanted a hand in helping shape the legislation/credit for it. I'm not sure it would be all the time now with how everything is but I use something that super popular in red states, lets say there no filibuster and House passes Weed Legislation etc, You could see a decent amount of GOP senator sign on as that something that super popular among all votes including GOP, it passed in a referendum in South Dakota.
Or Manchin Toomey I think that would pass 52-48 now(All Dems plus Toomey and Collins). Infrastructure Bill going though with no filibuster would likely be 60+ votes also if it popular as everybody wants in say in that.
Also very interested to see the timing of HR1 pass plus Address to Joint session of Congress how they overlap and what Biden makes priority in that speech is filibuster included etc

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #578 on: March 3, 2021, 04:14:41 pm »

ALL OF THIS.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #579 on: March 3, 2021, 05:04:58 pm »
ALL OF THIS.

To add to that, Biden has now said that there will be enough vaccine supply for every adult by the end of May. He's also invoking the Defense Production Act to boost the production of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. It'll then be up to the states on how they administer them.

Nobody can accuse him of not living up to his promises. It's not his fault that Democratic twats like Manchin and Sinema are stalling him on key components - like the minimum wage - on the stimulus bill.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: March 3, 2021, 05:08:18 pm »

Agreed.  I think the Dems have let Republicans cock-block them for long enough.

Republicans don't have any ideas of their own.  Their ideology is to simply oppose.  Even when they have power, their only purpose is to retain that power; because in doing so it denies the Democrats power. The would happily sit in power and do nothing ad-infinitum then see Democrats pass a single bill.

And if voters don't like that, well the answer isn't to engage with those people and redraft your political platform, of course not.  The solution is to try and stop them voting so they can't throw you out of office.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: March 3, 2021, 06:27:09 pm »
ALL OF THIS.

Unfortunately that deal is missing the 2 KEY components he promised when he was on the election run up - the $15 dollars min wage which Biden is claiming (with absolutely zero backing) that he can't force through, and the 2,000 dollar per person stimulus check that he *promised* ordinary people would get straight away (in fact this was mainly used to try and win the GA Senarotial runoffs), which has not only not happened, has turned into a smaller 1400 dollar check 2 months later, and only if your 2019 household income is less than $80k - something that progressives are now trying to him to account for
« Last Edit: March 3, 2021, 06:37:33 pm by Scottymuser »

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: March 3, 2021, 06:36:07 pm »
To add to that, Biden has now said that there will be enough vaccine supply for every adult by the end of May. He's also invoking the Defense Production Act to boost the production of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. It'll then be up to the states on how they administer them.

Nobody can accuse him of not living up to his promises. It's not his fault that Democratic twats like Manchin and Sinema are stalling him on key components - like the minimum wage - on the stimulus bill.

It is *ABSOLUTELY* his fault - it is his bloody job as POTUS to be able to unify his party, and also try and appeal to people who might be closer to their way of thinking in the opposite party.  You only have to look at the way LBJ managed to get some of his policies through in the 60s - a number of times basically just telling his Senators to vote that way on things like  Medicare (Smather of FL and Long of LA) came out after and said that the only reason they voted for it, against their personal wishes, was that LBJ called them and told them point blank to.

As some people have noted:
Presidents win complicated reforms by doing what the office of the presidency is uniquely designed for – publicizing and persuading …

And Biden seems singularly minded amongst recent Presidents to do everything in his power to, at least, appear not to be doing that

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: March 3, 2021, 06:48:23 pm »
Unfortunately that deal is missing the 2 KEY components he promised when he was on the election run up - the $15 dollars min wage which Biden is claiming (with absolutely zero backing) that he can't force through, and the 2,000 dollar per person stimulus check that he *promised* ordinary people would get straight away (in fact this was mainly used to try and win the GA Senarotial runoffs), which has not only not happened, has turned into a smaller 1400 dollar check 2 months later, and only if your 2019 household income is less than $80k - something that progressives are now trying to him to account for

The Democrats wanted a $2000 check before the previous bill but the Republicans would only sanction $600, which is what was passed.  The $1400 Biden wants is the balance to make it up to $2000.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: March 3, 2021, 06:52:26 pm »
The Democrats wanted a $2000 check before the previous bill but the Republicans would only sanction $600, which is what was passed.  The $1400 Biden wants is the balance to make it up to $2000.

Ah ok - I had been going by a number of progressives on twitter who have been critical of Biden, saying it is not enough, and it should be another 2000 not 1400 as he promised "checks of 2000" even after the 600 ones had been approved

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: March 3, 2021, 06:54:05 pm »
It is *ABSOLUTELY* his fault - it is his bloody job as POTUS to be able to unify his party, and also try and appeal to people who might be closer to their way of thinking in the opposite party.  You only have to look at the way LBJ managed to get some of his policies through in the 60s - a number of times basically just telling his Senators to vote that way on things like  Medicare (Smather of FL and Long of LA) came out after and said that the only reason they voted for it, against their personal wishes, was that LBJ called them and told them point blank to.

And Biden seems singularly minded amongst recent Presidents to do everything in his power to, at least, appear not to be doing that

I agree with your sentiments but I do feel it's necessary to point out that the modern political environment in the US is a world away from the 1960s.  Reagan could never have got his tax reforms though in the 80s without bipartisan support, for example.  The current climate of hyper partisanship is about as far away from the 60s as the moon. 

I do agree that Biden needs to work on peeling some moderate Republicans away from the fold, even if it's just senators up for retirement.  I'm not making excuses for him, but he is busy organising a country wide pandemic relief and still getting his cabinet picks sorted after one of the worst handled transitions in modern American history.  I'm expecting more from him though.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #586 on: March 3, 2021, 07:00:27 pm »

Are you seriously comparing policy from the 1960's to what's going on today? As Red Berry said, the modern political environment is a long, long way from what it was even 30 years ago let alone 50 years ago.

I'm not making excuses for him and he still has long ways to go yet, but do you really think that Bernie Sanders or another more-progressive President would have unified the party more than Biden currently has? Yeah, you can forget about the likes of Manchin, Sinema and even a few other more conservative Democratic senators voting for anything that he would have offered. Biden is doing the best he can with the hand he's been dealt.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: March 3, 2021, 07:05:24 pm »
Ah ok - I had been going by a number of progressives on twitter who have been critical of Biden, saying it is not enough, and it should be another 2000 not 1400 as he promised "checks of 2000" even after the 600 ones had been approved

Probably an exercise in semantics.  Biden mis-speaks quite a bit. I'd interpret him saying $2000 after the $600 was issued to mean getting the total up to $2000.  But that's just me.

Popcorn's Art

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: March 3, 2021, 07:44:10 pm »
the bill that AOC wrote before the runoff was for $1400.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: March 3, 2021, 08:15:34 pm »
It is *ABSOLUTELY* his fault - it is his bloody job as POTUS to be able to unify his party,
It absolutely isn't his fault, particularly when he has a c*nt like Manchin to deal with.
Manchin has even demonstrated vindictiveness by refusing to vote for Joes preferred candidate for the post of Director of the Office of Management and Budge. Neera Tandent.

Biden has to pick his battles, this was one he wasn't going to win.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: March 3, 2021, 08:18:18 pm »
A gif that seems to sum up the expectations of Biden.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #591 on: March 3, 2021, 11:08:27 pm »

Texas governor Abbott lifts mask mandate.    :o

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #592 on: March 3, 2021, 11:38:33 pm »
Texas governor Abbott lifts mask mandate.    :o

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed it must be said.

Although if anything, it's probably carefully calculated to take the heat off for the epic failure they've just endured during that winter storm. All the MAGA "freedom" nutjobs will be loving it and will forget what happened just one week ago.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: March 4, 2021, 02:26:50 am »

“The Senate plan would still allow individuals earning up to $75,000 per year and couples earning up to $150,000 per year to receive the full benefit. But the payments would phase out more quickly and end entirely for individuals earning $80,000 or more and couples earning $160,000 or more. The cutoffs in the House bill were much higher, with individuals earning up to $100,000 and couples earning up to $200,000 still receiving some benefit.”

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/03/973367877/senate-democrats-white-house-agree-to-tighter-income-limits-for-stimulus-checks
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: March 4, 2021, 05:00:06 am »
https://www.businessinsider.com/us-house-passes-hr-1-democracy-reform-voting-rights-package-2021-3

This will get a hearing in the senate rules committee on march 24. If the filibuster goes down that the bill that would do it.
Obv You need all 50 dem senators plus VP Harris to change the rules of the senate(who chair of the committee who is Amy Klobucher who came out this week to get rid of the filibuster for this bill)
https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1367202309781024779

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: March 4, 2021, 08:16:32 am »
I didn't realise Biden had persuaded a pharmaceutical company to manufacture a vaccine produced by a rival because the latter didn't have the production capacity. Impressive. 

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: March 4, 2021, 08:19:07 am »
He's not the sharpest tool in the shed it must be said.

Although if anything, it's probably carefully calculated to take the heat off for the epic failure they've just endured during that winter storm. All the MAGA "freedom" nutjobs will be loving it and will forget what happened just one week ago.

Now there's a Democrat in the Whitehouse, Abbot will just pass the buck when shit hits the fan.

Republicans seem adept at playing their base in Texas like an orchestra.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #597 on: March 4, 2021, 09:03:11 am »

An orchestra minus the strings, woodwind, brass, and percussion sections while christian death metal is being screeched out.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: March 4, 2021, 10:28:54 am »
“The Senate plan would still allow individuals earning up to $75,000 per year and couples earning up to $150,000 per year to receive the full benefit. But the payments would phase out more quickly and end entirely for individuals earning $80,000 or more and couples earning $160,000 or more. The cutoffs in the House bill were much higher, with individuals earning up to $100,000 and couples earning up to $200,000 still receiving some benefit.”

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/03/973367877/senate-democrats-white-house-agree-to-tighter-income-limits-for-stimulus-checks

Why not double the payment to households who really need it, those whose income took a huge hit since 2020 and are relying on the covid payment? Not much point sending $1400 to someone who made $80k last year and not out of work.

You do wonder about the system that sends a payment to all who fall under the cutoff which at 160k for a household is nuts, as remember how long it took people to  sign up for it originally? It took some people weeks to get their name on the list.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: March 4, 2021, 01:30:05 pm »
Now there's a Democrat in the Whitehouse, Abbot will just pass the buck when shit hits the fan.

Republicans seem adept at playing their base in Texas like an orchestra.

It literally has nothing to do with who’s in the White House.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp