Author Topic: The Joe Biden Presidency Thread - 46th President of the United States  (Read 174311 times)

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
Re: The Joe Biden Presidency Thread - 46th President of the United States
« Reply #400 on: January 26, 2021, 11:25:28 pm »
Fair enough, although I think most countries should have it pretty much under control by then.

Biden is talking about 100 million vaccine shots with a population of 331m in the USA, it is nonsense to contend that COVID will be under control by then and most countries will not have it under control in a few months either.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #401 on: January 26, 2021, 11:51:35 pm »
Filibuster+ Mitch McConnell  will only mean that Biden and Dems will get fuck all done in next 2 years. Then they will proceed to lose the house and/or senate. Then fuck all will happen for another 2 years.

It basically renders Congress useless and leaves Executive orders as the only way of exerting power.

You have to be really stupid like Manchin to think that US Congress is doing just fine with current rules in place. I hope Dems threat him with primary challenge.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 12:24:49 am by Max_powers »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: January 27, 2021, 12:18:02 am »
Biden is talking about 100 million vaccine shots with a population of 331m in the USA, it is nonsense to contend that COVID will be under control by then and most countries will not have it under control in a few months either.

Yeah that's all he was talking baout & that includes him having to source enough vaccines as the previous twat couldn't even get that right.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #403 on: January 27, 2021, 12:25:35 am »

Yeah that's all he was talking baout & that includes him having to source enough vaccines as the previous twat couldn't even get that right.

Well as my 86 year old aunt recently said that trump "couldn't pour piss from a boot if the instructions were written on the sole"  :D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #404 on: January 27, 2021, 12:36:44 pm »
Here’s to 4 years of dems doing nothing again because of republicans and then having to hear how the dems did nothing when they “controlled all 3 branches”

They never learn.

Democrats are like the awkward kid at the playground trying to fit in with the cool kids that are smoking behind the shed. But they’re just there to be ridiculed and made fun of, cause they’re fucking idiots

“Let’s all play together”
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 12:40:23 pm by Chakan »

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #405 on: January 27, 2021, 06:44:08 pm »
Wow - in the press conference right now he is really trying to smack home how serious the climate crisis is. Can't remember a president, even Obama, ringing the alarm bell this loudly before.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #406 on: January 27, 2021, 06:58:55 pm »
Filibuster+ Mitch McConnell  will only mean that Biden and Dems will get fuck all done in next 2 years. Then they will proceed to lose the house and/or senate. Then fuck all will happen for another 2 years.

It basically renders Congress useless and leaves Executive orders as the only way of exerting power.

You have to be really stupid like Manchin to think that US Congress is doing just fine with current rules in place. I hope Dems threat him with primary challenge.

In such a red state that would be a case of shooting oneself in the foot.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: January 27, 2021, 07:11:57 pm »

Only to a certain extent. Manchin being replaced by a Republican senator would see Democratic legislation blocked, but Manchin's support for the filibuster will see most Democratic legislation be blocked too. A lot of the advantages of being in the majority but with the filibuster intact regard stopping Republicans from doing things you don't like, rather than actually doing things you do like, which isn't inspiring.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 07:14:29 pm by ShakaHislop »

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: January 27, 2021, 08:00:54 pm »
I agree that the time has come to deal with Manchin.  Right now he seems more like a Trojan Horse.

It was said soon after the Georgia results that McConnell was trying to get him to switch sides, but honestly why would he?  I'm sure Manchin is of far more use to Mitch where he is.

Schumer should threaten to expel Manchin from the caucus if he opposes removing the filibuster, even if it screws the senate over.  Fuck him.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: January 27, 2021, 08:07:31 pm »

Doesn't have to be someone super progressive, but just someone who is willing to get stuff done. Or maybe even the threat might change his mind.

If they have another 4 years of political paralysis in Congress Dems will suffer in purple states.

See someone like Susan Collins who has been a senator in Maine for eons despite pretty much towing the republican party line almost always.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: January 27, 2021, 08:41:06 pm »
I agree that the time has come to deal with Manchin.  Right now he seems more like a Trojan Horse.

It was said soon after the Georgia results that McConnell was trying to get him to switch sides, but honestly why would he?  I'm sure Manchin is of far more use to Mitch where he is.

Schumer should threaten to expel Manchin from the caucus if he opposes removing the filibuster, even if it screws the senate over.  Fuck him.
Expelling Manchin and losing a majority is dumb. Schumer knows his caucus well and how to work him. He talked Manchin out of leaving the senate in 2018 to back and be governor Irc. Manchin and Sinema will the like the last people to come around to it and it would happen on a major bill Like hr 1 or the John Lewis voting rights act. It wasnt going to happen on an organizing resolution.
You have the Liberals in the caucus who want to the filibuster gone, seems like the moderates are open too. See Bob Casey today https://www.inquirer.com/politics/pennsylvania/bob-casey-senate-filibuster-reconciliation-20210127.html
Then you have like the ones that look dug in.
Schumer in interview Monday night on Maddow, it seemed everybody in the caucus was not happy with what Mitch did with the organizing resolution but Manchin and Sinema made statement basically saying there positions didnt change from before the election on the filibuster because everybody wants committees to get set up.
Schumer knows how to build relationship. He went Hunting with Nebraska Dem Ben nelson in 2009. https://www.politico.com/story/2009/12/schumer-goes-hunting-bags-nelson-030909
There no Earmarks anymore but this just one thing LBJ did to get votes on the civil rights act in 1964. https://twitter.com/MaxKennerly/status/1353856695697633280

It a process it takes time, Biden still has the state of the union sometime in march not sure how it will done with Covid but I'm sure they try and do in a safe manner

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: January 27, 2021, 08:54:36 pm »
He's the only 'democrat' that could get elected in West Virginia.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #412 on: January 27, 2021, 09:05:11 pm »

“That money will not have gone to waste in any respect.”

:lmao

Oklahoma is now attempting to return a $2 million stockpile of hydroxychloroquine that Gov. Kevin Stitt ordered.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: January 27, 2021, 09:18:03 pm »
Expelling Manchin and losing a majority is dumb. Schumer knows his caucus well and how to work him. He talked Manchin out of leaving the senate in 2018 to back and be governor Irc. Manchin and Sinema will the like the last people to come around to it and it would happen on a major bill Like hr 1 or the John Lewis voting rights act. It wasnt going to happen on an organizing resolution.
You have the Liberals in the caucus who want to the filibuster gone, seems like the moderates are open too. See Bob Casey today https://www.inquirer.com/politics/pennsylvania/bob-casey-senate-filibuster-reconciliation-20210127.html
Then you have like the ones that look dug in.
Schumer in interview Monday night on Maddow, it seemed everybody in the caucus was not happy with what Mitch did with the organizing resolution but Manchin and Sinema made statement basically saying there positions didnt change from before the election on the filibuster because everybody wants committees to get set up.
Schumer knows how to build relationship. He went Hunting with Nebraska Dem Ben nelson in 2009. https://www.politico.com/story/2009/12/schumer-goes-hunting-bags-nelson-030909
There no Earmarks anymore but this just one thing LBJ did to get votes on the civil rights act in 1964. https://twitter.com/MaxKennerly/status/1353856695697633280

It a process it takes time, Biden still has the state of the union sometime in march not sure how it will done with Covid but I'm sure they try and do in a safe manner

I'm not sure what there is to discuss when it comes to axing the filibuster though?  Has Manchin been in a coma for the past half a dozen years?  Has he not seen what McConnell has done, and what he will continue to do if the filibuster is retained? 

Republicans are adept at extending their influence FAR beyond what their political reach is; the only way for the Democrats to enact lasting change is to break free of the filibuster. What the hell kind of "relationship" does Schumer need to build with the man?  If he wants money for his state then give it to him and move on.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #414 on: January 27, 2021, 09:26:23 pm »
https://twitter.com/KaivanShroff/status/1354465500038885381?s=20

Legislation introduced to make Washington DC the 51st state

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: January 27, 2021, 09:55:21 pm »

Would this mean anything politically or is it just symbolic?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #416 on: January 27, 2021, 09:57:34 pm »
It would mean DC would get two senators, who would likely be Democrats, giving them an outright majority in the senate. Politically it would make things a lot easier.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: January 27, 2021, 10:09:21 pm »
It would mean DC would get two senators, who would likely be Democrats, giving them an outright majority in the senate. Politically it would make things a lot easier.
Why not make Puerto Rico the 52nd? I imagine they would be dems too?

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #418 on: January 27, 2021, 10:11:45 pm »
Would this mean anything politically or is it just symbolic?

It would also make things a lot easier for DC itself. At the moment, they can't make their own laws or use their budget without approval of the Congress. Despite having a bigger population or a higher GDP than some other states. They have currently one member of Congress, but that person has no vote. Last Week Tonight did a whole segment on it a couple of years ago (hope the link works).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z4j2CrJRn4&ab_channel=LastWeekTonight

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: January 27, 2021, 10:22:54 pm »

What's the point of introducing the legislation with the filibuster remaining in place?

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #420 on: January 27, 2021, 10:23:07 pm »
Why not make Puerto Rico the 52nd? I imagine they would be dems too?

I imagine that would be the next step

Offline Dr.Kano

• "......naďve, to say the least......"
  • Main Stander
« Reply #421 on: January 27, 2021, 10:24:47 pm »

Who knows but at the rate that the UK, the USA and Israel are vaccinating I think significant progress will be made within the next three months and we should start getting back to normal. How can you be so certain that it's nonsense?

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: January 27, 2021, 10:36:31 pm »
Who knows but at the rate that the UK, the USA and Israel are vaccinating I think significant progress will be made within the next three months and we should start getting back to normal. How can you be so certain that it's nonsense?

I dunno... because America has treated Covid with absolute lunacy?

The UK has been incompetent, but they haven't actively disputed the basic, underlying science and preventative measures.  Nor have they politicised those measures.  Biden now has to deal with a sizeable chunk of America that's only too willing to believe the whole thing is a sham.

The US will see improvements inside of several months; but we wont see things "getting back to normal" there until towards the end of the year imo.

What's the point of introducing the legislation with the filibuster remaining in place?

How does Manchin feel about DC statehood?

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #423 on: January 27, 2021, 10:51:44 pm »
An alert only from the DHS, nothing specific as far as actions taken. But still...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-threat/u-s-warns-of-heightened-domestic-terrorism-threat-after-presidential-inauguration-idUSKBN29W2BY

Simply calling it domestic terrorism is a positive step. Specifically mentions the insurrection at the Capitol and white supremacy.

Direct counter to the prevalent "good people on both sides," "antifa-is-just-as-bad/worse" "BLM are terrorists" equivocations from Trumpers and many Republicans.

Identification in a formal manner of the problem is the first step.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: January 27, 2021, 11:29:01 pm »
I'm not sure what there is to discuss when it comes to axing the filibuster though?  Has Manchin been in a coma for the past half a dozen years?  Has he not seen what McConnell has done, and what he will continue to do if the filibuster is retained? 

Republicans are adept at extending their influence FAR beyond what their political reach is; the only way for the Democrats to enact lasting change is to break free of the filibuster. What the hell kind of "relationship" does Schumer need to build with the man?  If he wants money for his state then give it to him and move on.
Manchin been there he seen his bill with senator toomey died because it didnt have 60 votes. It just not going to happen today or tomorrow. It going to come up when there a big democratic bills that getting blocked, over and over and over again, then you have Coons, Tester, Bennett all flip there position and get Biden on board. Manchin there on the big things, he does the popular stuff. Im just saying Schumer knows how build relationships with his members, he probably already built one with Manchin already. It will probably be paired with some thing like John Lewis Voting rights act when it gets to that point. It just a process that take time.
Of Course Dems wont get stuff dont with it. The biggest issue with ACA and stuff Obama was Joe Liberman messing stuff up more then the red seat dems.
This is a good article on what manchin has done lately https://newrepublic.com/article/161013/dont-worry-joe-manchin. I don't think Warner would mess stuff up too much and he using it as a potential example

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #425 on: January 27, 2021, 11:52:43 pm »

Math, because you need effectively 70-80% of vaccinations to have generated antibodies to achieve herd immunity currently two doses per person. 100m doses is only a third of the US population and a sixth with two doses.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: January 28, 2021, 12:16:01 am »
Manchin been there he seen his bill with senator toomey died because it didnt have 60 votes. It just not going to happen today or tomorrow. It going to come up when there a big democratic bills that getting blocked, over and over and over again, then you have Coons, Tester, Bennett all flip there position and get Biden on board. Manchin there on the big things, he does the popular stuff. Im just saying Schumer knows how build relationships with his members, he probably already built one with Manchin already. It will probably be paired with some thing like John Lewis Voting rights act when it gets to that point. It just a process that take time.
Of Course Dems wont get stuff dont with it. The biggest issue with ACA and stuff Obama was Joe Liberman messing stuff up more then the red seat dems.
This is a good article on what manchin has done lately https://newrepublic.com/article/161013/dont-worry-joe-manchin. I don't think Warner would mess stuff up too much and he using it as a potential example

Not sure what you're saying here?  do you thin Manchin will flip and that he's just posturing?

Popcorn's Art

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: January 28, 2021, 12:23:37 am »
Not sure what you're saying here?  do you thin Manchin will flip and that he's just posturing?
My guess is after getting repeatedly be obstructed after most of the caucuses and the president want it gone. Doing it on a bill that is popular that Manchin and Sinema would do it on lets say the John Lewis Voting rights Act or HR1(which is democracy reform).
Right now Schumer probably has like 20-30 Yes to get rid of it, everybody else but like Manchin and Sinema are in position of Biden where it should be considered but lets see if we can work with GOP.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: January 28, 2021, 02:21:34 am »
Senate Democrats have caucus call with Biden White House officials Deese and Zients tomorrow, per two sources familiar.

Biden White House pushing stimulus plan and Senate Dems split on whether to use budget reconciliation to evade filibuster or try and cut deal with GOP

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1354591601411153927

:butt

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #429 on: January 28, 2021, 02:35:18 pm »
I believe the correct term for this is voter suppression

Georgia voters would be required to make copies of their photo ID and mail them to election officials twice before being allowed to cast an absentee ballot, according to a bill introduced Wednesday.

The legislation, Senate Bill 29, would create a photo ID requirement for voting outside of polling places in Georgia. Voters would need to submit ID both when applying for absentee ballots and when returning them.
https://www.ajc.com/politics/bill-seeks-two-copies-of-photo-id-to-vote-absentee-in-georgia/2IC372BV2NC3VFNAYIWA4OPQKQ/

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #430 on: January 28, 2021, 02:40:05 pm »
 :D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #431 on: January 28, 2021, 02:45:46 pm »
I believe the correct term for this is voter suppression

Voted by absentee ballot in Ga presidential and congressional elections in 2020, voter suppression, indeed.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: January 28, 2021, 10:24:38 pm »
How lovely of pelosi to buy $1,000,000 on new Tesla shares, just before the Biden administration announced their plans to replace the entire government fleet (of almost 650,000 vechicles) with electric cars that are made in America.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 10:27:25 pm by stevensr123 »
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: January 28, 2021, 10:57:19 pm »
How lovely of pelosi to buy $1,000,000 on new Tesla shares, just before the Biden administration announced their plans to replace the entire government fleet (of almost 650,000 vechicles) with electric cars that are made in America.

That's fantastic news! It's great to see American leaders settling an example finally and encouraging their colleagues to invest in the clean energy industry. Too many are in cahoots with oil and coal lobbyists. 

Biden is committed to tackling climate change so this is a promising development imo.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: January 28, 2021, 11:08:00 pm »
That's fantastic news! It's great to see American leaders settling an example finally and encouraging their colleagues to invest in the clean energy industry. Too many are in cahoots with oil and coal lobbyists. 

Biden is committed to tackling climate change so this is a promising development imo.
;D
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #435 on: January 28, 2021, 11:31:33 pm »

It’s almost as if all politicians are self-serving narcissists. But, thankfully not all of them are career criminals with authoritarian tendencies & the IQs of fusty walnuts.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: January 29, 2021, 06:42:49 am »
It would be a stretch to call it insider trading. She purchased the stocks in December. Every man and his dog knew a Biden admin would be a good thing for the green industry. There should definitely be ethical concerns with a politician holding stocks in any corporation when in office but we've just seen an administration that literally runs a globe spanning organisation and nothing was done to divest him of his interests.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: January 29, 2021, 04:23:05 pm »

You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: January 30, 2021, 08:36:40 am »
Colbert is all about Boden. :)

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/899MOQKs1uE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/899MOQKs1uE</a>

;) ;D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 08:38:13 am by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #439 on: January 31, 2021, 03:18:33 am »

$1400 checks for all including adult dependents.    :wave