Author Topic: The Dead Actors Tribute Thread  (Read 31361 times)

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Dead Actors Tribute Thread
« Reply #360 on: December 13, 2023, 07:05:33 am »
I started watching nine-nine a couple of months ago, just finished s3. Braugher was an absolute star. It's an added gut punch when something like this happens mid-binge. :(

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #361 on: December 13, 2023, 07:33:24 am »
Ah seriously, what the fucking fuck? Awful news to wake up to.

Magnificent in Homicide, stupendously deadpan goofy in Brooklyn 99, and by all accounts a stellar Shakespearean actor. There was nothing he couldn't do. Such a terrible loss. RIP.

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #362 on: December 13, 2023, 09:18:40 am »
Very sad news. Much younger than I thought too. I used to love Homocide, but he was amazing in Brooklyn 99.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #363 on: December 13, 2023, 09:32:48 am »
Gutting news. He was the deadpan master in all the 99 madness. RIP

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: December 13, 2023, 09:41:18 am »
Shite news that. RIP.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #365 on: December 21, 2023, 03:12:08 pm »
Hasn't gone (yet) but see Esther Rantzen is on the Dignitas list, how is that not a lawful thing already!!!!

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #366 on: December 27, 2023, 12:12:27 pm »
Fantastic movie.

Parasite actor Lee Sun-kyun found dead in Seoul
South Korean actor had been under police investigation over his alleged use of drugs

South Korean actor Lee Sun-kyun, best known for his role in the Oscar-winning film Parasite, has died, South Korea’s emergency office announced.

Lee was found dead in a car in a central Seoul park on Wednesday, it said.

Lee, 48, was found after his wife reported to police that he had left home, and she had found what appeared to be a suicide note, South Korean news agency Yonhap reported.

He had been under police investigation over his alleged use of marijuana and other psychoactive drugs.

Lee had been questioned three times by police, including for 19 hours over the weekend. The actor had said he was tricked into taking drugs by a bar hostess who then tried to blackmail him, Yonhap reported.

South Korea has tough drug laws, and drug crimes are typically punishable by at least six months in prison or up to 14 years for repeat offenders and dealers.

He briefly spoke to reporters in late October before entering an Incheon police station to meet with investigators.

“I sincerely apologise for causing great disappointment to many people by being involved in such an unpleasant incident,” he said at the time, adding, “I feel sorry for my family, which is enduring such difficult pain at this moment.

A graduate of South Korea’s prestigious Korea National University of Arts, Lee made his acting debut in 2001 in a television sitcom titled Lovers.

He later won acclaim for his performances in a variety of roles, but globally, he is best known for his portrayal of the wealthy and shallow patriarch in director Bong Joon-ho’s 2019 Oscar-winning film Parasite.

He later played the lead in Apple TV+’s first Korean-language original series, which launched in 2021. A six-episode sci-fi thriller, Dr. Brain told the tale of a cold-hearted neurologist, hunting for clues to a mysterious family accident through brain experiments.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2023/dec/27/parasite-actor-lee-sun-kyun-found-dead-in-seoul
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: December 27, 2023, 12:36:45 pm »
Fantastic movie.

48, how awfully sad that it

Yes fantastic film
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: December 28, 2023, 12:50:13 pm »
I saw a post from a Korean on Reddit, pretty fucked up what happened.

He went to a bar, an exclusive club for famous and rich in Seoul, a Madam served him drinks, after she told him they were drugs in them and was going to report him to Police and wanted $300k to keep quiet, he ended up paying her sadly.

This Madam contacted him again, wanting more money so he went to the Police to report the blackmail, the Police did a drug test that did a long-term test of a year, they found nothing that hed had drugs in his system.

Anyway this chief of Police got involved, accused him of taking a synthetic drug that can't be detected, brought him in for further questioning, 40 hours on one visit in the Police station, after his last and third visit he was told Prosecutors had been contacted and would look to see if there was a case to be heard.

This Korean poster said drug charges are seen as worst than Murder over there and sadly this overzealous chief of Police wanted to make a name for himself, probable political ambitions, the current President of Korea was a former Prosecutor and has told the Police to get tough on Drugs.

Poor Guy did nothing wrong, similar vibes to that TV presenter who was under the same scrutiny and pressure because of some jobsworth Met Police officers who wanted a famous scalp.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 12:54:47 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: December 30, 2023, 05:58:46 pm »
Tom Wilkinson has passed away at 75. RIP.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: December 30, 2023, 06:04:00 pm »
RIP.

Michael Clayton is one of my favourite films.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #371 on: December 30, 2023, 06:09:51 pm »

Sad news indeed. He was a great actor I loved watching him in Martin Chuzzlewit and he was also very disturbing in one of my favourite films Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. RIP.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #372 on: December 30, 2023, 07:50:11 pm »
Oh no. One of the great character actors.

'Ask for the And', he told Kermode and Mayo for a tip to other actors who would never be described as leading men.
... And Tom Wilkinson' was always a sign of a high quality film, from Eternal Sunshine to John Adams to Selma

And of course unforgettable in the Full Monty. RIP.

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #373 on: December 30, 2023, 09:25:22 pm »
I loved him in the Resnik TV series. He was perfectly cast.

But the guy did so many films. A stupid number. He seemed average 4 a year over about a 30 year period. Astonishing output
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #374 on: December 30, 2023, 10:04:31 pm »
Ah shame just found out, RIP, good actor.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #375 on: December 30, 2023, 11:21:51 pm »
Oh no. One of the great character actors.

'Ask for the And', he told Kermode and Mayo for a tip to other actors who would never be described as leading men.
... And Tom Wilkinson' was always a sign of a high quality film, from Eternal Sunshine to John Adams to Selma

And of course unforgettable in the Full Monty. RIP.

Obvious to call out the Full Monty I know, but that bit where he’s at his job interview and the others appear with his gnomes was such good acting. You see him as a bit of a twat up until that point, and it’s funny, but that when he breaks down and shows his human side is heartbreaking.

RIP

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: December 31, 2023, 03:52:19 pm »
A wonderful actor. His supporting turns in Michael Clayton and Eternal Sunshine easily elevate those already brilliant films. But his best performance for me, and one of the best of the 2000s, is in In the Bedroom. It's such an amazing portrait of grief which deserved an Oscar.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #377 on: December 31, 2023, 07:22:13 pm »
RIP

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #378 on: January 5, 2024, 03:08:53 pm »
David Soul: Starsky & Hutch actor dies aged 80

RIP

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #379 on: January 5, 2024, 03:28:22 pm »

RIP

R I P Detective Kenneth Hutchinson.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #380 on: January 5, 2024, 03:41:00 pm »

RIP
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: January 5, 2024, 04:13:43 pm »
Forgot he was in Magnum Force.  Iconic 70's role as Hutch.

"Silver Lady" is one of my guilty pleasures too.

RIP

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #382 on: January 5, 2024, 04:26:59 pm »
Forgot he was in Magnum Force.  Iconic 70's role as Hutch.

"Silver Lady" is one of my guilty pleasures too.

RIP

Silver Lady for me too.

It was part of the soundtrack of mid 1977 wandering around the seedier pubs in Town and trying to get into a drinking den post 3.pm. Yes Sir I can Boogie and Pussycat’s Mississippi were similar jukie regulars.

Nostalgia for the days when getting an out of hours drink was an achievement. ;D

Anyway. RIP Hutch.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: January 5, 2024, 04:36:36 pm »
One of my earliest musical memories is listening to "Don't Give Up On Us" on the radio before walking to school.   I was only 7.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: January 6, 2024, 10:53:15 am »
Silver Lady for me too.

It was part of the soundtrack of mid 1977 wandering around the seedier pubs in Town and trying to get into a drinking den post 3.pm. Yes Sir I can Boogie and Pussycat’s Mississippi were similar jukie regulars.

Nostalgia for the days when getting an out of hours drink was an achievement. ;D

Anyway. RIP Hutch.

You've certainly captured that year there. Nostalgia can be a very powerful thing.I'd also like to add Belle Epoque -  Black is Black

RIP David Soul. Salem's Lot scared the crap out of me when I was a lad. Silver Lady is a classic. I've still got the Starsky and Hutch dinky toy in the loft i think.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: January 6, 2024, 12:43:22 pm »
We used to watch Starsky & Hutch all the time as kids so when me and my sister got a pair of kittens, a ginger and white one and a black and white one, we named them Starsky and Hutch ☺️

RIP Starsky and another piece of my childhood 😔

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #386 on: January 6, 2024, 01:29:02 pm »
Silver Lady for me too.

Anyway. RIP Hutch.

Same year that Elvis left the building.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #387 on: January 6, 2024, 02:12:32 pm »
You've certainly captured that year there. Nostalgia can be a very powerful thing.I'd also like to add Belle Epoque -  Black is Black

RIP David Soul. Salem's Lot scared the crap out of me when I was a lad. Silver Lady is a classic. I've still got the Starsky and Hutch dinky toy in the loft i think.

It scared the shit out of me as an adult. ;D

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: January 6, 2024, 02:59:58 pm »
It scared the shit out of me as an adult. ;D

I still refuse to watch it 😁

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: January 6, 2024, 03:01:42 pm »

RIP

RIP

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: January 6, 2024, 04:25:16 pm »
It seems to have passed everyone by that Glynis Johns passed away yesterday. Probably best known for her role as the feminist icon Mrs. Banks in Mary Poppins. She was an accomplished actress on screen, tv and stage,. I think I'm right in saying that Stephen Sondheim wrote specifically for Johns, Send in the Clowns.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: January 6, 2024, 04:43:14 pm »
RIP Starsky and another piece of my childhood 😔

Paul Michael Glaser doesn't like this.

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: February 2, 2024, 08:01:33 pm »
RIP Carl Weathers.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #393 on: February 2, 2024, 08:10:58 pm »
RIP Carl Weathers.
Oh no... that's terrible....  loved him in the Rocky movies and Predator among others.... RIP

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #394 on: February 2, 2024, 08:29:13 pm »
He was fantastic in rocky.

Rip
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: February 2, 2024, 08:37:39 pm »
"I've retired more men than Social Security." RIP Carl aka Apollo Creed.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #396 on: February 2, 2024, 08:41:55 pm »
Ah that’s a shame. Was good to see him back on screen in the Mandalorian in recent times

But the king of sting, the count of Monte Fisto couldn’t beat father time.

RIP Carl Weathers
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: February 2, 2024, 08:47:43 pm »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: February 2, 2024, 08:48:25 pm »

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #399 on: February 2, 2024, 08:54:29 pm »
Ah shite, he looked really healthy and vital on Mando too.  :'(

Also the 10th anniversary of Philip Seymour Hoffmans passing today. That one still hurts.