Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1766206 times)

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD (sponsored by Jadon Sancho)
« Reply #3120 on: June 2, 2021, 09:44:06 pm »
So Barca are skint but have signed, Aguero, Garcia, Emerson, Depay and maybe Gini.

Not bad for a Club without a pot to piss in.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3121 on: June 2, 2021, 09:59:24 pm »
So Barca are skint but have signed, Aguero, Garcia, Emerson, Depay and maybe Gini.

To be fair, four of those five transfers are free transfers with Emerson only costing £8 million.

Understand there will be agent fees/bonuses/high wages that come with a "free" transfer, but it's not exactly been a typical Barca window. In fact if anything, it signals to me they are quite skint/nervous to make huge outlays in transfer fees right now.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3122 on: June 2, 2021, 10:01:46 pm »

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2021/05/18/60a3fc7b46163fa8798b459f.html

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #3123 on: June 2, 2021, 10:03:31 pm »
To be fair, four of those five transfers are free transfers with Emerson only costing £8 million.

Understand there will be agent fees/bonuses/high wages that come with a "free" transfer, but it's not exactly been a typical Barca window. In fact if anything, it signals to me they are quite skint/nervous to make huge outlays in transfer fees right now.

Very good signings all the same. Can see some forwards leave now.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3124 on: June 2, 2021, 10:34:59 pm »
Romelu Lukaku confirms he’s not leaving this summer: “I am staying at Inter. I've already had contact with new manager Inzaghi. Maybe I shouldn't say that yet... but it was a very positive conversation. I feel good at Inter”, he told VTM.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1400177251547848706?

This is interesting. If Lukaku is staying at Inter, is it possible that Lautaro could be available? He still hasn't signed that new contract with Inter that was suoposed to be done in January ...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3125 on: June 2, 2021, 11:57:05 pm »
Some more rumours around Mbappe moving to Madrid this summer.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3126 on: June 3, 2021, 12:06:55 am »

The allure of Don Carlo. If not for the Madrid bastards Moshiri's millions would have got Mbappe playing at the Bramley Moore Bitterdome.

If you think about it, it's like Everton got Mbappe - worrying times for the redshite

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3127 on: June 3, 2021, 12:47:45 am »
Oh, what wouldn’t you do for Sancho, KH, including spreading rumors about Mbappe...

;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3128 on: June 3, 2021, 12:49:07 am »
Oh, what wouldn’t you do for Sancho, KH, including spreading rumors about Mbappe...

Im not greedy, i would happily have either of them at LFC.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3129 on: June 3, 2021, 12:10:05 pm »
Benteke has signed a two-year contract extension at Palace, his deal was up this summer. They'll need to retain a fair few of their out of contract lads if their new manager is to stand a chance of keeping them up.

On a related note, reports today that Zaha wants out (not surprising) and wants his future sorted before pre-season starts.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2021, 12:20:40 pm by Barefoot Doctor »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3130 on: June 3, 2021, 01:09:51 pm »

On a related note, reports today that Zaha wants out (not surprising) and wants his future sorted before pre-season starts.

Shouldn't have signed a 5 year contract then - nuts these players who obviously will want to leave who sign multi years deals with no get out

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #3131 on: June 3, 2021, 01:14:22 pm »
Spurs or Arsenal are his only get outs in England surely? Nobody else would want him or be able to afford him.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3132 on: June 3, 2021, 01:14:33 pm »
SportBild are reporting that Man City want Andre Silva.

According to Sport Bild, Silva has been outlined as someone who could help fill the void. His form with Frankfurt makes him appealing and he would be cheaper than someone like Haaland or Harry Kane.

Precisely, it is claimed that his asking price is around €40m. While not a cheap investment, that is certainly within City’s grasp.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3133 on: June 3, 2021, 01:20:35 pm »

According to Sport Bild, Silva has been outlined as someone who could help fill the void. His form with Frankfurt makes him appealing and he would be cheaper than someone like Haaland or Harry Kane.

Precisely, it is claimed that his asking price is around €40m. While not a cheap investment, that is certainly within City’s grasp.

'within their grasp’. Like poor old Abu Dhabi can just about afford €40m  ::) 

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3134 on: June 3, 2021, 01:27:06 pm »

Would be disappointing as I really like him as a player, but in one sense it is good that they aren't getting a Kane or a Haaland. They are getting a great top 4 level striker rather than a best in the world class striker

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #3135 on: June 3, 2021, 01:30:48 pm »
'within their grasp’. Like poor old Abu Dhabi can just about afford €40m  ::)

Buy him this year and if he flops no problem activate Haaland's release clause next summer. Must be a hard job being the city manager with unlimited resources. Like playing FM in cheat mode.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #3136 on: June 3, 2021, 01:36:56 pm »

This would presumably indicate Kane and Haaland are staying put. A cheap price for a player of his ilk. Milan really fucked up that transfer. Unsurprisingly, Man City fans are having a giant sulk about being linked with him

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3137 on: June 3, 2021, 03:15:00 pm »

Makes sense
I do think they'll try for Kane but its a really difficult deal to do so having a fall back seems likely

Its Grealish that's the one I desperately hope they don't get... but maybe I'm higher on him than others are dunno

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3138 on: June 3, 2021, 03:23:45 pm »
Makes sense
I do think they'll try for Kane but its a really difficult deal to do so having a fall back seems likely

Its Grealish that's the one I desperately hope they don't get... but maybe I'm higher on him than others are dunno
Do you think he significantly improves Dr Bruyne, Sterling, Mahrez, Foden and Silva as forward options?

If Grealish was to leave I think him going to City is better than Chelsea or Manchester United where I think he improves their attacking options.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3139 on: June 3, 2021, 03:24:34 pm »

That was to be expected. Kane will end up at Man Utd ...

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3140 on: June 3, 2021, 03:27:14 pm »
Makes sense

He's a fantastic player who doesn't offer City much more than what they already have. It gives them crazy depth but after a point that brings diminishing returns; individual quality could save the day, and having so many options with so much individual quality helps you. But sometimes their function being somewhat similar to 5 other players you have means their presence may not change tactics - if you can't unlock a defence with one amazingly skillful Attacking Midfielder, another one playing a similar style may still not unlock the defence

That's basically all to say Grealish would be an amazing signing for them but I am not too worried about him joining them; they go from having a cheating front line to still a cheating front line

Take the CL final, if they could bring Grealish on off the bench for that, it's not necessarily looking to change things up tactically to beat Chelsea, it is bringing an amazing player on hoping he can do something amazing to beat them - grinding them down with quality until it works rather than out-menouvering them. I would be more worried by someone like Kane who would bring a genuine new avenue for how City plays
« Last Edit: June 3, 2021, 03:36:16 pm by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3141 on: June 3, 2021, 04:17:33 pm »
Makes sense

I'm the same. Think he's brilliant and would love him here.

And by here, I mean Liverpool obviously. Not in my home.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3142 on: June 3, 2021, 04:29:35 pm »
Basically Man Utd or bust for Kane already then. Probably should’ve kept his mouth shut before seeing whether it’s even possible to leave. Suppose Tottenham fans won’t give a fuck though.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3143 on: June 3, 2021, 04:36:59 pm »
Basically Man Utd or bust for Kane already then. Probably should’ve kept his mouth shut before seeing whether it’s even possible to leave. Suppose Tottenham fans won’t give a fuck though.

Man Utd were always the only club desperate enough to pay Tottenham's price for a 28-year-old injury prone striker ...

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #3144 on: June 3, 2021, 04:51:27 pm »
Spurs or Arsenal are his only get outs in England surely? Nobody else would want him or be able to afford him.

Everton?

:lmao
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3145 on: June 3, 2021, 04:53:32 pm »

In fairness, I reckon Spurs under Conte may stand a better chance of a trophy than United under Ole...

City was the guaranteed silverware move.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #3146 on: June 3, 2021, 05:46:54 pm »
In fairness, I reckon Spurs under Conte may stand a better chance of a trophy than United under Ole...

Conference League for starters

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #3147 on: June 3, 2021, 06:45:07 pm »
Do you think he significantly improves Dr Bruyne, Sterling, Mahrez, Foden and Silva as forward options?

If Grealish was to leave I think him going to City is better than Chelsea or Manchester United where I think he improves their attacking options.

Isn't he nursing an injury?
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3148 on: June 3, 2021, 08:55:11 pm »
I've never ever seen a more self centred, selfish, me me me me footballer ever, than Sir Harry Claim.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3149 on: June 3, 2021, 09:18:58 pm »

I do think he improves them yes.
He’s a different player to some of them so it’s not apples to apples but in quality terms he’s ahead of all of those you’ve listed except KDB

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3150 on: June 4, 2021, 05:22:15 am »
I do think he improves them yes.
He’s a different player to some of them so it’s not apples to apples but in quality terms he’s ahead of all of those you’ve listed except KDB

Not at all certain for me that Grealish will be able to cut it at a big club where teams will sit back against you nine times out of ten. At Villa he is the main man and is given lots of time and space. That won’t be the case if he moves to City. His goals and assists numbers are not exactly spectacular either and that’s in a team built around him.

Perhaps I’m wrong and he will become a world-beater but I would be surprised were that to happen.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3151 on: June 4, 2021, 07:44:39 am »
Looks like we might be in a fight with Villa for Buendia.

Is it bad with things as they are that I wouldn't be surprised if its a fight we end up losing?

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3152 on: June 4, 2021, 08:15:46 am »
Athletic say United have started negotiating with Dortmund for Sancho, confident a deal can be done but currently apart in valuations.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3153 on: June 4, 2021, 08:19:05 am »
Athletic say United have started negotiating with Dortmund for Sancho, confident a deal can be done but currently apart in valuations.

Man Utd and Chelsea were always the most likely destinations for Sancho. With Tuchel wanting a striker, Man Utd are probably the safest bet ...

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3154 on: June 4, 2021, 08:19:41 am »
Trying to get it done before the euros apparently.

Be annoying if he goes there but been on cards for ages really.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3155 on: June 4, 2021, 08:21:05 am »
Man Utd and Chelsea were always the most likely destinations for Sancho. With Tuchel wanting a striker, Man Utd are probably the safest bet ...

Didn't Chelsea buy a striker last summer? What's wrong with Werner?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3156 on: June 4, 2021, 08:23:52 am »

New managers get new toys at Chelsea I guess.

Linked with Lukaku, Kane and Haaland... think they get one of them unfortunately.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3157 on: June 4, 2021, 08:24:18 am »

Thought he'd already signed for Chelsea?

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3158 on: June 4, 2021, 08:24:55 am »

Think it'll get done this time,i'd expect them to then shift Greenwood playing mostly central.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3159 on: June 4, 2021, 08:25:21 am »

Werner's finishing has been awful. Also, Giroud is leaving on a free, and Abraham is for sale ...