Poll

Obviously the Brexit effects are only just showing and it's going to get a lot, lot worse.. but for now..

.. Brexit is going great. Sunlit fucking plateaus full of fucking wonder
.. Brexit is just taking time, it'll be reet
Moo!
.. Brexit is pretty bad, but maybe will get better
.. Brexit is terrible
.. Rees Mogg and all the Brexiters should be hung off a lamp-post.
.. Rees Mogg and all the Brexiters should be hung off a lamp-post AND I like cheese

Author Topic: Brexit. the Con continues  (Read 542402 times)

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
Re: Brexit. the Con continues
« Reply #7280 on: November 20, 2022, 10:03:09 am »
Government nudging away from its Brexit?

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/britain-planning-swiss-style-relationship-with-eu-post-brexit/

The EU hate the Swiss arrangements. Have been trying to get away from that kind of complexity for years.

The idea that they will go for this kind of approach to help the UK out of the mess they've got themselves into is for the birds.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7281 on: November 20, 2022, 10:34:16 am »
The EU hate the Swiss arrangements. Have been trying to get away from that kind of complexity for years.

The idea that they will go for this kind of approach to help the UK out of the mess they've got themselves into is for the birds.

I think the bigger point is that some government source briefed the press here about it, yet a government minister denied it earlier.  May be the start of another internal scrap within government.  The various sources that show the damage Brexit is doing can’t be ignored head-in-the-sand like, particularly as by all accounts we’re now in recession.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #7282 on: November 20, 2022, 10:47:19 am »
They just want to see how the idea is received without appearing committed to it.

Would love to hear Bozo' s take on it.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7283 on: November 20, 2022, 10:55:45 am »
So. What's happening here is that the Tories are further ahead of the curve* than the Labour Party. Yes? Unfuckingbelievable. Except, it is believable.

* Well, not that either are ahead of the curve. Public opinion is ahead of both of them.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #7284 on: November 20, 2022, 10:58:15 am »
They just want to see how the idea is received without appearing committed to it.

Would love to hear Bozo' s take on it.
I really don’t think Johnson could give a flying one, he’s too busy hawking his arse round the world and earning $270.000 a pop to spout shite to whoever will pay him!
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #7285 on: November 20, 2022, 12:06:41 pm »
Is bozo doing this whilst he supposed to be doing government business?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #7286 on: November 20, 2022, 02:00:36 pm »
Is bozo doing this whilst he supposed to be doing government business?
Constituency business.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #7287 on: November 20, 2022, 02:34:54 pm »
Constituency business.
Yes the same as Hancock, I know he’s lost the Party whip but he’s still the MP for West Suffolk and apparently the Official reason he gave for joining I’m a Celebrity was to raise awareness of Dyslexia, but he hasn’t mentioned one single word about it, Dyslexia my arse he’s there for the £400.000 to feather his own nest!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 09:47:16 am by kopite77 »
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #7288 on: November 20, 2022, 04:13:19 pm »

It's also ridiculous to think that there'll be extended access to the internal market without the free movement of people as suggested in the article. Not going to happen. Free movement of people is one of the basic principles of the EU just like free trade between members, so you won't get one without the other. Again it's the have your cake and eat it too approach that the Tories have gone for since the referendum. Not going to happen. Add to that that there's still red tape if you want to ship goods between Switzerland and the EU. I love close to the Swiss border and on a regular basis we have long lines of trucks waiting and creating a mess in traffic, because they have to get their papers sorted to then cross the border.

Also Switzerland is in a different position compared to the UK, because it's in the middle of Europe and both sides kind of profit from the agreements (and they can see that they do). We have loads of EU citizens working in Switzerland while living in the EU and we have loads of Swiss citizens going across the borders to do their shopping. Both a major factors for both parties and that's why there's enough will to make it work, but still the EU have made it clear in the past that freedom of movement of people is an essential part of the agreements and if Switzerland put up restrictions then there'd be consequences.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7289 on: November 21, 2022, 03:55:21 am »
At the bottom of today's BBC news website , there's a picture of the Daily Express headline "Fury at 'Absurd idea' to go soft on Brexit".
I can't read the accompanying text, but it looks like there might be movement away from the stupid hard brexit we forced ourselves into.
As long as we get to keep our blue passports, all's good though :)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7290 on: November 21, 2022, 05:53:54 am »

As long as we get to keep our blue passports, all's good though :)

Which are made by a Franco-Dutch company in Poland.

Winning is winning.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7291 on: November 21, 2022, 07:34:40 am »
I hope the EU reject any deal. This country deserves every bit of of misery its getting thanks to Brexit. More suffering please.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7292 on: November 21, 2022, 10:33:38 am »
The reporting in the Times quotes a senior Govt source saying...

“It’s obviously something the EU would never offer us upfront because they would say you are trying to have your cake and eat it but the reason I think we will get it is because it is overwhelmingly in the businesses interests on both sides,” one said …

So we're back to the German carmakers, French champagne makers, etc, barging down the EU's doors to force them to make a deal that suits the UK.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7293 on: November 21, 2022, 10:58:59 am »

“It’s obviously something the EU would never offer us upfront because they would say you are trying to have your cake and eat it but the reason I think we will get it is because it is overwhelmingly in the businesses interests on both sides,” one said …

So we're back to the German carmakers, French champagne makers, etc, barging down the EU's doors to force them to make a deal that suits the UK.
? We will get a new deal only if we agree to the conditions.
We won't get a new deal because the German car makers want it, that's just a similar argument to what May argued back in 2016, you think it's about pressure, we will get a great deal if everyone gets behind the government. it was boll. it was and still is about Red lines. we will have to agree to some of those red lines to get the deal.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 11:03:34 am by oldfordie »
Chris Bryant

It feels as if the major from Fawlty Towers has taken over the Tory campaign.
10:42 PM · May 25, 2024
·

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7294 on: November 21, 2022, 11:13:04 am »
Its interesting that there is a least talk about deals with the EU. Maybe those absolute dire economic figures have started to aink in.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7295 on: November 21, 2022, 11:20:20 am »
? We will get a new deal only if we agree to the conditions.
We won't get a new deal because the German car makers want it, that's just a similar argument to what May argued back in 2016, you think it's about pressure, we will get a great deal if everyone gets behind the government. it was boll. it was and still is about Red lines. we will have to agree to some of those red lines to get the deal.

That's what I mean - the apparent Government thinking is back to 2016 levels of "Businesses in Europe will twist the EU's arm to give us the deal we want without concessions".
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7296 on: November 21, 2022, 11:44:40 am »

Ignoring the likelihood of this leading nowhere it's interesting that the Tories - the swivel-eyed loons of Brexit - are even exploring it.  Starmer has already drawn his red lines that such things are completely off the table and he will just "make Brexit work" through other means, whatever they may be.  The Tories being more open minded to reintroducing closer ties with the EU than Labour will ultimately be a tactical mistake by Labour.

The main flaw in the argument of the senior Government source is that the downsides to the EU of losing frictionless trade with the UK are largely being compensated by business relocating from the UK to the EU. I'm certain the financial centres within the EU will be lobbying hard to retain the hard Brexit for as long as possible so that they can continue cannibalising the City of London.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7297 on: November 21, 2022, 11:48:29 am »
That's what I mean - the apparent Government thinking is back to 2016 levels of "Businesses in Europe will twist the EU's arm to give us the deal we want without concessions".
Sorry  :) My mistake, thought you were actually arguing German car manufactures pressure forced the EU to do a deal.
Still not sure where this story about Sunak and a Swiss type deals come from.
Cynic makes me think it could be to try and get Labour to respond in support then deny they want it. a Swiss type deal is worse than the Norway deal so they would have had even more s,, to throw at Labour.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 11:51:15 am by oldfordie »
Chris Bryant

It feels as if the major from Fawlty Towers has taken over the Tory campaign.
10:42 PM · May 25, 2024
·

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7298 on: November 21, 2022, 12:38:44 pm »
It's also ridiculous to think that there'll be extended access to the internal market without the free movement of people as suggested in the article. Not going to happen. Free movement of people is one of the basic principles of the EU just like free trade between members, so you won't get one without the other. Again it's the have your cake and eat it too approach that the Tories have gone for since the referendum. Not going to happen. Add to that that there's still red tape if you want to ship goods between Switzerland and the EU. I love close to the Swiss border and on a regular basis we have long lines of trucks waiting and creating a mess in traffic, because they have to get their papers sorted to then cross the border.

Also Switzerland is in a different position compared to the UK, because it's in the middle of Europe and both sides kind of profit from the agreements (and they can see that they do). We have loads of EU citizens working in Switzerland while living in the EU and we have loads of Swiss citizens going across the borders to do their shopping. Both a major factors for both parties and that's why there's enough will to make it work, but still the EU have made it clear in the past that freedom of movement of people is an essential part of the agreements and if Switzerland put up restrictions then there'd be consequences.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7299 on: November 21, 2022, 01:05:04 pm »
Just saw the headline "PM rules out Brexit deal that sees UK follow EU law". They are really fuckwits. It's like saying, I want to play a football match against you, but we won't follow your rules on the pitch. Er, no, thanks.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7300 on: November 21, 2022, 01:43:58 pm »
Just saw the headline "PM rules out Brexit deal that sees UK follow EU law". They are really fuckwits. It's like saying, I want to play a football match against you, but we won't follow your rules on the pitch. Er, no, thanks.
I assume he means broader rules from the European Courts (on things like human rights...).  He surely must understand that any trade deals are going to be dependent on the UK exporters following the rules of the country they are exporting to.

The latter though is the main problem with our aspirational "bonfire" of regulations, it just means in many cases we won't be able to export to the massive market right on our doorstep.  Lowering standards may lower costs but we're not going to be able to match the low costs of the current global mass producers.  If somebody wants to import some tat are they going to import from China for a few pence or from the UK for a few pounds?!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #7301 on: November 21, 2022, 01:56:58 pm »

Theo Usherwood
@theousherwood

ERG holds its regular Monday meeting later in Westminster.

Senior member tells me they'll go "completely and utterly berserk" if there were any move towards a Swiss-style arrangement.

"For many of us, it's the defining issue of why we are in politics."
7:38 AM · Nov 21, 2022
·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/theousherwood/status/1594596168348073984?s=20&t=RZy0kWFaojnbBpCUWicxAg

There are massive vested interests in keeping EU/EC oversight out of the UK political/regulatory process, in order to protect the 'secrecy jurisdiction' status of the British Overseas Territories and Crown Dependencies.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #7302 on: November 21, 2022, 02:01:06 pm »
Meanwhile, who will the grocks of Grimsby blame for this?

Landmark Grimsby seafood factory closing after losses of £8 million

One of Grimsby's landmark seafood factories is closing, in a major blow to the town.

The former Five Star Fish facility was taken on by Icelandic Seafood International in 2020 but has recorded a staggering £8 million in losses, with bosses blaming Brexit, the pandemic, and Russia's invasion of Ukraine. It marks a tragic end to hopes of a quick return to the heady days for one of Grimsby’s largest fish processing factories.

ISI will now pull out of the UK and will focus on its European operations

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/landmark-grimsby-seafood-factory-closing-7838339
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7303 on: November 21, 2022, 02:08:55 pm »
Meanwhile, who will the grocks of Grimsby blame for this?

Landmark Grimsby seafood factory closing after losses of £8 million

One of Grimsby's landmark seafood factories is closing, in a major blow to the town.

The former Five Star Fish facility was taken on by Icelandic Seafood International in 2020 but has recorded a staggering £8 million in losses, with bosses blaming Brexit, the pandemic, and Russia's invasion of Ukraine. It marks a tragic end to hopes of a quick return to the heady days for one of Grimsby’s largest fish processing factories.

ISI will now pull out of the UK and will focus on its European operations

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/landmark-grimsby-seafood-factory-closing-7838339

I once read that the UK based fish processing plants mostly processed fish for the EU market (which caught in British waters), while most of the fish consumed in the UK is (or was) processed in Europe. For example there was no processing facility for flatfish (like plaice) in the UK, and it all came the the Netherlands .

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7304 on: November 21, 2022, 02:13:48 pm »
I once read that the UK based fish processing plants mostly processed fish for the EU market (which caught in British waters), while most of the fish consumed in the UK is (or was) processed in Europe. For example there was no processing facility for flatfish (like plaice) in the UK, and it all came the the Netherlands .

Largely correct - most of the fish is landed in Scotland and we mostly catch fish like Herring in the North Sea, along with shellfish like Langoustines etc, which we don't eat much of the UK.

We don't catch much white fish which we do tend to eat so need to import.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7305 on: November 21, 2022, 02:41:42 pm »
I hope the EU reject any deal. This country deserves every bit of of misery its getting thanks to Brexit. More suffering please.

We do need this, so that the fucking idiots who voted for it realise the truth and then don't push back when we eventually start fixing the mess.
Jurgen YNWA

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7306 on: November 21, 2022, 04:45:32 pm »
Largely correct - most of the fish is landed in Scotland and we mostly catch fish like Herring in the North Sea, along with shellfish like Langoustines etc, which we don't eat much of the UK.

We don't catch much white fish which we do tend to eat so need to import.
And I think you raked it in last month 😃

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7307 on: November 21, 2022, 11:54:59 pm »
We do need this, so that the fucking idiots who voted for it realise the truth and then don't push back when we eventually start fixing the mess.

To you and I, but until papers/media (Inc BBC), politicians (Inc Labour) call it out, then things won't change as plebs won't equate it due to Brexit, but rather some other bollocks like Putin

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7308 on: November 21, 2022, 11:57:46 pm »

The fucking idiots who swung it (ignoring those c*nts in Ireland,party not voters) have been dying off & will all be dead by the time the so called benefits come around,that c*nt Mogg said 50yrs didn't he ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7309 on: November 22, 2022, 08:03:18 am »
The fucking idiots who swung it (ignoring those c*nts in Ireland,party not voters) have been dying off & will all be dead by the time the so called benefits come around,that c*nt Mogg said 50yrs didn't he ?

That's what made me so fucking angry, my kids will be in their mid 50s before any benefits are seen, which I fucking doubt will be the truth , the c*nts who voted for it long since dead. Fucked up a two generations lives for what? Their fucking stupidity and racism.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7310 on: November 22, 2022, 08:08:08 am »
That's what made me so fucking angry, my kids will be in their mid 50s before any benefits are seen, which I fucking doubt will be the truth , the c*nts who voted for it long since dead. Fucked up a two generations lives for what? Their fucking stupidity and racism.

Anyone can promise something that's over the horizon when they won't be around when things don't come to fruition.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7311 on: November 22, 2022, 11:03:17 am »
Anyone can promise something that's over the horizon when they won't be around when things don't come to fruition.

That's not true. And if in fifty years we aren't living in a land of unicorns and a decade of liverpool quadruples you can come here and quote me.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7312 on: November 24, 2022, 02:40:37 pm »
I doubt they'll listen but who knows?

BBC News - Brexit: Don't scrap EU rules, firms and unions say

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63741465

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7313 on: November 24, 2022, 04:59:32 pm »
Also from the Beeb

UK net migration hits all-time record at 504,000

UK net migration hit 504,000 in the year to June - the highest figure ever recorded, The Office for National Statistics (ONS) estimates.

The rise is driven by people arriving legally from outside the EU and the resumption of post-pandemic travel.

Today's figures will intensify debates over the role of overseas workers into the UK economy and wider labour market - weeks after Home Secretary Suella Braverman said she wanted to resurrect a repeatedly missed government target to reduce net migration to below 100,000.

Surely 504,000 compared to the 100,000 target is just a rounding issue for this government.  It does show the folly of countless home secretaries religiously aiming for these arbitrary targets that are seemingly always destined to miss.  At least before they could just sigh and say it was all the EU's fault - not sure what excuse they'll come up with this time.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7314 on: November 24, 2022, 05:27:44 pm »
Also from the Beeb

Surely 504,000 compared to the 100,000 target is just a rounding issue for this government.  It does show the folly of countless home secretaries religiously aiming for these arbitrary targets that are seemingly always destined to miss.  At least before they could just sigh and say it was all the EU's fault - not sure what excuse they'll come up with this time.

The guy discussing it on the lunchtime news said it's mainly down to an un precedented amount of overseas students, the evacuation of Afghanistan and Ukraine plus Hong Kong residents taking up the option to move to the UK.

Those arriving on small boats aren't included in the figures.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7315 on: November 24, 2022, 05:35:53 pm »
The guy discussing it on the lunchtime news said it's mainly down to an un precedented amount of overseas students, the evacuation of Afghanistan and Ukraine plus Hong Kong residents taking up the option to move to the UK.

Those arriving on small boats aren't included in the figures.

Saw a clip on Jeremy Vine of that fucking hag Braverman being asked by a Tory "If a 16 yr old needs to flee Africa due to persecution and they have a younger sibling in the UK, how do they apply for asylum" She fucking ummed and ahhed, didn't have a clue and then mumbled some shite about filling in the application form. Then he said something about how do they do that, more mumbling, then he said they can't get here legally so have to cross the channel by boat. She just mumbled about filling in forms again.
Jurgen YNWA

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7316 on: November 24, 2022, 06:04:25 pm »
Saw a clip on Jeremy Vine of that fucking hag Braverman being asked by a Tory "If a 16 yr old needs to flee Africa due to persecution and they have a younger sibling in the UK, how do they apply for asylum" She fucking ummed and ahhed, didn't have a clue and then mumbled some shite about filling in the application form. Then he said something about how do they do that, more mumbling, then he said they can't get here legally so have to cross the channel by boat. She just mumbled about filling in forms again.

Theyve no fucking idea how things work mate, they kept saying the same about Ukraine refugees with no understanding of trying to do that in a war torn country.

I remember back around brexit time I had a client who worked at Manchester airport for the Border Force and she said there was absolutely no way they'd be able to cope as things stood as they were understaffed and not trained to all the new requirements.

They haven't a clue on how real life works and just think things will run as smoothly as they've imagined it all in their heads.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7317 on: November 24, 2022, 07:07:00 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/nov/24/steve-baker-wants-to-renegotiate-brexit-agreement-over-northern-ireland

They're just insistent on taking us back to the arguments of 2016-17, having lost the ensuing negotiations so comprehensively.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7318 on: November 24, 2022, 07:22:41 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/nov/24/steve-baker-wants-to-renegotiate-brexit-agreement-over-northern-ireland

They're just insistent on taking us back to the arguments of 2016-17, having lost the ensuing negotiations so comprehensively.

As if the E.U. would agree. Has Baker been asleep since 2016?  In reality of course he’s pandering to the ERG and DUP loons.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #7319 on: November 25, 2022, 10:07:03 am »

Like Jeremy C*nt this morning who has had enough of experts it seems

But Mr Hunt, asked about that Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) analysis of a 4 per cent GDP slump, replied: “I don’t accept the 4 per cent.”

When it was pointed out he accepts other OBR forecasts, he said: “I don’t have to accept all of them”, adding: “I accept all the ones I agree with.”
Believer