Author Topic: The Murder of George Floyd and Black Lives Matter.  (Read 257965 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: Civil unrest in America
« Reply #360 on: June 1, 2020, 08:37:52 pm »
Virgil van Dijk is getting a lot of shit about this on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/VirgilvDijk/status/1267454825538695168
People are pointing to the Suarez shirt protest and there is even a post saying "@LFC a club that only remembers the past when it suits them #alwaythevictims "

Same type of dickheads were complaining that we hadn't said anything about it. You can't win with people like that who just want to complain.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #361 on: June 1, 2020, 08:41:14 pm »
one day you'll go see the real world. Not a peep from these white liberals and blacks when their kids were drop kicking 80 year old chinese women in bus stops. Did the Chinese riot like these people? We all know teh answer

So how you feel about todays anniversary?

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: June 1, 2020, 08:41:25 pm »
Hold on a wee second. A turd needs flushed.

Flushed

Back to rewatching this time last year in Madrid
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: June 1, 2020, 08:42:04 pm »
https://twitter.com/balleralert/status/1267305134205341697?s=21

Not really a shock this from abloh, least it’s more than what’s come from the likes of Kanye and mayweather, even if a binder clip from off white costs double this
« Last Edit: June 1, 2020, 08:43:53 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #364 on: June 1, 2020, 08:42:14 pm »
BREAKING: Independent autopsy finds that George Floyd's death "was homicide caused by asphyxia due to neck and back compression that led to a lack of blood flow to the brain."

Wow, I'm absolutely shocked to find out that he didn't die due to a bad case of the hiccups, or whatever the first coroner said.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #365 on: June 1, 2020, 08:43:35 pm »
More soothing words from Dear Leader in a time of crisis

Ed O'Keefe@edokeefe
JUST IN: President Trump unloads on the nation's governors on a call, calls on them to step up enforcement: "You have to dominate, if you don’t dominate you’re wasting your time. They’re going to run over you, you’re going to look like a bunch of jerks. You have to dominate."

Kevin Robillard@Robillard
Trump is now telling the governors they should pass laws criminalizing the burning of the American flag. “We have a different court. It’s time to review that again,” Trump said, according to a source. “If you wanted to try a very powerful anti-flag burning law, we’ll back you.”

Wasn’t it the confederate flag that was being burned?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #366 on: June 1, 2020, 08:47:44 pm »
More calming words from Members of Congress ::)

Matt Gaetz@mattgaetz
Now that we clearly see Antifa as terrorists, can we hunt them down like we do those in the Middle East?

And members of his cabinet

Meredith Lee@meredithllee
Trump & Defense Sec Esper encouraged govs to ask for more National Guard troops, noting bulk still hasn't been called out.

Esper: "the sooner" states "dominate" "the battle space..the quicker this dissipates."

« Last Edit: June 1, 2020, 08:50:29 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #367 on: June 1, 2020, 08:50:44 pm »
Just another point regarding looting. A lot of people are saying what is the looting of small businesses going to achieve in regards to advancing the position of black people in American society, or aiding the cause of Black Lives Matter etc. Obviously nothing.

But we are talking about maybe the most materialistic culture on earth here, with this rampant and frankly obscene consumerism combined with a huge and ever increasing wealth gap. Many countries experience looting in certain instances of civil breakdown, but it seems to be the go to in nearly all instances of US civil breakdown. People looting shops are probably not thinking "How is this going to serve the cause" (in fact seemingly many of them are not even African American in the first place). They are probably thinking (consciously or unconsciously) "what shit can I grab that I normally can't afford or wouldn't buy" or "oh shit if I don't grab it someone else will", after being bombarded by advertisements 24/7 since early childhood and being raised in a culture which relentlessly pushes the belief that material stuff is the route to happiness or satisfaction. The individual is king and dog eat dog is the way of social advancement.

My point being that while looting is not directly related to the cause of Black Lives Matter, nor does it serve it in any way, it is symbolic of another deeply fucked up and sick aspect of US and by-extension Western society and culture. Sitting on the side lines from the outside and saying people should stop looting is as pointless as saying people shouldn't be burning things, because it is not a particularly rational thought process. However it is one following this strain of materialism to its logical conclusion.

Trumps Presidency, and especially these riots, might just symbolise the tipping point in which US soft power is irreversibly damaged and the rest of the world starts to realise that this is not the kind of society or culture that we want to imitate anymore.

Re. looting - I think you're over-thinking it slightly to be honest. I don't think it is a particularly recent or US-centric phenomenon. When the rule of law breaks down for whatever reasons a certain proportion of people will go out to get what they can. 

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #368 on: June 1, 2020, 08:51:45 pm »

Matt Gaetz@mattgaetz
Now that we clearly see Antifa as terrorists, can we hunt them down like we do those in the Middle East?

And members of his cabinet

So they'll be sending the airforce in to bomb the shit out of their own cities?

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: June 1, 2020, 08:54:27 pm »

Well there are protests going on around the White House right? With any luck.....

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: June 1, 2020, 08:57:58 pm »
Absolutely nothing will be achieved.
Absolutely nothing will change.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #371 on: June 1, 2020, 08:58:31 pm »

At least one Senator would like to see something like that

Tom Cotton@TomCottonAR
Anarchy, rioting, and looting needs to end tonight. If local law enforcement is overwhelmed and needs backup, let's see how tough these Antifa terrorists are when they're facing off with the 101st Airborne Division. We need to have zero tolerance for this destruction

Tom Cotton@TomCottonAR
And, if necessary, the 10th Mountain, 82nd Airborne, 1st Cav, 3rd Infantry—whatever it takes to restore order. No quarter for insurrectionists, anarchists, rioters, and looters.

« Last Edit: June 1, 2020, 09:01:50 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: June 1, 2020, 09:05:46 pm »
The police are having a fucking ball out there. They can't wait for their shift to start.
My wife's brother is a homicide detective right outside of Washington DC.

He has to work tonight from 4pm to 12am. 

I can tell you he is not having a "fucking ball out there"

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #373 on: June 1, 2020, 09:05:53 pm »
Fuck-ing-hell that's all kinds of fucked up

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: June 1, 2020, 09:07:22 pm »
Absolutely nothing will be achieved.
Absolutely nothing will change.

We'll see. Remember there were lots of protests around the world before the virus. It's widespread even if we think it's all about recent events. The spark was the killing of Floyd, but I think this runs a lot deeper and as such this could be the time when change takes place.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: June 1, 2020, 09:08:07 pm »
On another note, the turd that was on here earlier, needs to find a different club to support.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #376 on: June 1, 2020, 09:09:45 pm »
BREAKING: Independent autopsy finds that George Floyd's death "was homicide caused by asphyxia due to neck and back compression that led to a lack of blood flow to the brain."

Wow, I'm absolutely shocked to find out that he didn't die due to a bad case of the hiccups, or whatever the first coroner said.

Whoever filed the initial autopsy needs to be named and shamed. Then he/she needs to be fired and face criminal charges. Anyone else associated with it needs to meet the same fate.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: June 1, 2020, 09:11:51 pm »
Flushed

Back to rewatching this time last year in Madrid
Cheers for that. That one got through the cracks somehow.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #378 on: June 1, 2020, 09:15:16 pm »

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but this is amazing in so many different ways.

https://twitter.com/NicsMonique/status/1267387845469245440?s=20

It is brilliant. I had posted and then subsequently deleted it after finding out this event was a year ago.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: June 1, 2020, 09:27:27 pm »
This crisis is exposing so many American politicians as right wing racist war mongering mad men.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: June 1, 2020, 09:28:39 pm »
https://twitter.com/i/status/1267550007386832896

"Right now. #Atlanta Police kneeling with protesters in solidarity"

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #381 on: June 1, 2020, 09:33:43 pm »
Well, if there's one thing the two issues have in common, it's how colonial imperialism has fucked up another part of the world. The thing is, what I often see being neglected with the Hong Kong problem whenever people argue for it, is that Hong Kong is Chinese. It was never sovereign. The gobshites doing the rioting over there need to accept that.

Might be the worst take of this entire thread.
:D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: June 1, 2020, 09:35:11 pm »
This crisis is exposing so many American politicians as right wing racist war mongering mad men.

I think we all knew that is what the Republicans and their voters were.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: June 1, 2020, 09:38:21 pm »
I think we all knew that is what the Republicans and their voters were.
yup, many of their stances on Iran is a good example

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: June 1, 2020, 09:40:05 pm »
It is brilliant. I had posted and then subsequently deleted it after finding out this event was a year ago.

It was? Well, either way, it's still relevant.

Might be the worst take of this entire thread.
That's not a take on anything. That's a fact. Hong Kong got handed back to the Chinese 23 years ago.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: June 1, 2020, 10:02:44 pm »
That's not a take on anything. That's a fact. Hong Kong got handed back to the Chinese 23 years ago.

Calling them gobshites? Did they have a choice in the matter ?

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #386 on: June 1, 2020, 10:05:38 pm »

It is a take, the situation in Hong Kong is complicated as hell. It's a special autonomous region governed by the 'one country, two systems' principle.

We gave Hong Kong back and signed a treaty with China stipulate the sovereign and administrative arrangement of the region for the next 50 years - this is built into their constitution (Basid Law). This basic law includes things like universal suffrage.

They are now violating this treaty to such an extent that home office is now offering the right to abode in the UK for half the population of Hong Kong, this has all happened within the last week or so.

China like to think they own everything, Taiwan, Tibet, Xinjiang, you name it. Sticking in flag in the ground the same way the British Empire did. If you keep going back in time most countries can make a claim on anything.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2020, 10:15:38 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: June 1, 2020, 10:21:41 pm »
Okay I'm not sure I want to read this thread if the first thing I see is calling Hong Kong protestors gobshites  :lmao What

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: June 1, 2020, 10:25:12 pm »

I fucking hate it when people post old stuff on Twitter as though it just happened

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: June 1, 2020, 10:25:31 pm »

This is genuinely a mental post. You're talking about Hong Kong as if it's just a commodity that was involved in a transaction. Maybe people in Hong Kong don't want to live under a totally oppressive regime? Loads of the world was once ruled by Britain. Should they have just accepted it in perpetuity? I always thought self determination was a good thing, maybe you're making me see the error of my ways. I might acquiesce to whatever the Government in Britain wishes.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2020, 10:27:22 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #390 on: June 1, 2020, 10:33:12 pm »
At least one Senator would like to see something like that

Tom Cotton@TomCottonAR
Anarchy, rioting, and looting needs to end tonight. If local law enforcement is overwhelmed and needs backup, let's see how tough these Antifa terrorists are when they're facing off with the 101st Airborne Division. We need to have zero tolerance for this destruction

Tom Cotton@TomCottonAR
And, if necessary, the 10th Mountain, 82nd Airborne, 1st Cav, 3rd Infantry—whatever it takes to restore order. No quarter for insurrectionists, anarchists, rioters, and looters.

Now endorsed by Dear Leader

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
100% Correct. Thank you Tom!

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: June 1, 2020, 10:34:10 pm »
Military police arriving at the White House. Lots of people protest near the WH. Let's hope people can avoid doing some bad stuff.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #392 on: June 1, 2020, 10:34:55 pm »
How about we keep on topic eh?

Anyone wanting to help out in any way they can with the BLM cause can start here.

https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/

I've signed a few petitions and made a donation. Feels about as much as I can do from over here.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: June 1, 2020, 10:39:10 pm »
Military police arriving at the White House. Lots of people protest near the WH. Let's hope people police can avoid doing some bad stuff.

Fixed it.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: June 1, 2020, 10:43:02 pm »
Flatmate’s just told me that 40% of police officers in the US have a history of domestic violence. That is grim. That’s self-reported too.
Whats the percentage of those in the Police who served during the War On Terror.

Watching the footage of them dealing with protesters, gives me flashbacks to seeing footage while the USA occupied Iraq.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: June 1, 2020, 10:44:33 pm »

Matt Gaetz@mattgaetz

:o

Seeing as Antifa isn’t an organisation, so no-one strictly speaking can belong to it, doesn’t this mean that he just wants to have the government to hunt down citizens that have a different view, and who might want to act on it? Now where have we heard that before?

I know he’s not the brightest spark, but by saying that out loud/on Twitter, he’s kind of making Antifa’s point for them, isn’t he?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #396 on: June 1, 2020, 10:45:44 pm »
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-52876899/george-floyd-death-tanker-driven-at-us-protesters-in-minneapolis

Tanker driven at high speed towards protesters. Driver stops. Must be on a suicide mission - or too young to remember 1992.......

Amazed he got out of there alive - even more amazed he didn't mow down dozens.

Someone else posted on the Il Douche thread that five years ago he'd have laughed at the idea of Civil War in the US - now I'm thinking I'll be astounded if it DOESN'T happen should that fuckin fat orange turd be re-elected.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #397 on: June 1, 2020, 10:47:16 pm »
Now endorsed by Dear Leader

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
100% Correct. Thank you Tom!
How wonderfully encouraging that the so-called greatest democracy on earth is preparing to send it's own troops against its citizens on home soil.

Fascism.

No two ways about it.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: June 1, 2020, 10:48:18 pm »
Fixed it.

In this case both sides will need to stay civilized. It would be incredibly stupid to try any kind of attack on the police outside the WH. Fortunately people seem to be alright. Even the police.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: June 1, 2020, 10:51:03 pm »
How wonderfully encouraging that the so-called greatest democracy on earth is preparing to send it's own troops against its citizens on home soil.

Fascism.

No two ways about it.

Agree. I hope they're not that stupid.