Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3487550 times)

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #67160 on: December 23, 2021, 11:12:05 am »
Pretty sure it will be the latter.

We're heading to a time where you won't need to isolate at all unless you have symptoms IMO. Probably still a year or so away from that but that's the only way we can ever properly move on and workforces can cope.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67161 on: December 23, 2021, 11:12:35 am »
It'll be picking up trace elements of the virus in your nose. Very unlikely you are still contagious.

Cheers

Covid can stay inside for about 30 days which is why they say don't test, once you've had it. You are just going to come out being positive. Do you have any symptoms still such as coughing or a sore throat if you do, maybe keep isolating until they have disappeared.

No mate, no symptoms (I had maybe, maybe a bit of a sore throat but that's pretty much gone)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #67162 on: December 23, 2021, 11:21:23 am »
Cheers

No mate, no symptoms (I had maybe, maybe a bit of a sore throat but that's pretty much gone)

That's good.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #67163 on: December 23, 2021, 11:28:14 am »
NHS website says not to test for 90 days after a positive PCR. I've been adhering to that, assuming you may still get a positive when you're uncontagious. Why I don't understand the government guidelines about being able to leave isolation after seven days and two clear tests. It contradicts their own advice about not doing them.

That’s PCR testing. You can still LFT test. LFT tests pick up the infectious bit. PCR can detect “dead” virus matter. You shed dead bits of virus for weeks after you are no longer infectious - which causes positive PCR tests.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #67164 on: December 23, 2021, 11:32:58 am »
So what a few months I’ve had!

Tested positive at the start of October and got quite poorly with it, also lost my sense of smell and taste for weeks.

Then was off to a wedding last weekend so did a PCR just to be sure, tested negative. Then ahead of seeing my 85 year old grandma on Christmas Day did an LFT Tuesday and tested positive. Did a PCR and it confirms I have it again! I have zero symptoms this time but means a Christmas completely on my own which is a bummer. Still glad I did the test though instead of potentially infecting the family

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67165 on: December 23, 2021, 11:33:46 am »
The flow-flex self testing kit is good as you only have to do the nostrils now and the waiting time is down to fifteen minutes rather than half an hour. At long last, I can get my booster done now.  :)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67166 on: December 23, 2021, 11:35:49 am »
So what a few months I’ve had!

Tested positive at the start of October and got quite poorly with it, also lost my sense of smell and taste for weeks.

Then was off to a wedding last weekend so did a PCR just to be sure, tested negative. Then ahead of seeing my 85 year old grandma on Christmas Day did an LFT Tuesday and tested positive. Did a PCR and it confirms I have it again! I have zero symptoms this time but means a Christmas completely on my own which is a bummer. Still glad I did the test though instead of potentially infecting the family

Jeez that is such bad luck mate. I wonder if you had the delta once last time and have maybe picked up the new strain which is doing the rounds? Look after yourself, did you have the vaccinations?

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #67167 on: December 23, 2021, 11:38:15 am »
Our Christmas drinks today, I’ve asked all my staff (only 15) to take a Lateral flow before we meet up, all but two agreed.  The two flat out refused and were offended I asked, despite the fact that I’m paying for the whole lot.  I’ve left it up to my staff whether they worked from home or not, most did, popping into the office perhaps once a week.  I haven’t communicated with these two other than via email, I have no idea about their vaccination status.  I’m half tempted to tell them not to show up, have no idea about the ramifications though.  My missus told me to let it be, but it’s really wound me up.

Am I being out of order here ?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67168 on: December 23, 2021, 11:42:55 am »
Our Christmas drinks today, I’ve asked all my staff (only 15) to take a Lateral flow before we meet up, all but two agreed.  The two flat out refused and were offended I asked, despite the fact that I’m paying for the whole lot.  I’ve left it up to my staff whether they worked from home or not, most did, popping into the office perhaps once a week.  I haven’t communicated with these two other than via email, I have no idea about their vaccination status.  I’m half tempted to tell them not to show up, have no idea about the ramifications though.  My missus told me to let it be, but it’s really wound me up.

No your not. That's the problem, you use your common sense and one of these high and mighty people object and make you feel the bad one. If you are organising the event it's up to those people to respect the rules. I know it's hard though. Where I work we have a strict mask wearing procedure when we're in the office, but the section downstairs don't wear masks at all. The idiot who runs them loves to come upstairs and cough "for a laugh." It really winds me up.

Offline Escorcio

• Kopite
« Reply #67169 on: December 23, 2021, 11:49:07 am »

Tell them not to show up

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #67170 on: December 23, 2021, 11:57:07 am »
Tell them they can show up if they like, but they have to pay their own way.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #67171 on: December 23, 2021, 12:00:45 pm »

No you are not.  If they won't take the test then they should not attend, its that simple.  What about the welfare of your other staff?   If I was one of the staff taking the test and I found out about this I would be furious.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67172 on: December 23, 2021, 12:03:36 pm »
No you are not.  If they won't take the test then they should not attend, its that simple.  What about the welfare of your other staff?   If I was one of the staff taking the test and I found out about this I would be furious.

Is right.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #67173 on: December 23, 2021, 12:07:27 pm »

Tell them they can turn up but have to wear a mask. They won't turn up.

Nah to be honest you're well within your right to deny them entry if you've said all are required to take an LFT.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #67174 on: December 23, 2021, 12:11:10 pm »
Tell them to turn up at a really swanky restaurant. But not the one you are at.
Or just say the venue is insisting on tests.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #67175 on: December 23, 2021, 12:14:49 pm »
One of my friends on social media mentioned getting vaccinated and wearing masks and it's a battleground now with people giving her dogs abuse.

I always think that thick anti-vax shitheaads are fairly rare, but I think that's because I disowned and fucked off every Tory/Brexiter/Conspiracy dickhead I found as I found them, but it seems there are more than a few out there.

They don't respond well to being called thick fuckers either :(
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #67176 on: December 23, 2021, 12:15:42 pm »
Jeez that is such bad luck mate. I wonder if you had the delta once last time and have maybe picked up the new strain which is doing the rounds? Look after yourself, did you have the vaccinations?
Cheers pal,

Yeah been vaccinated twice and was due to have my booster yesterday but obviously can’t now

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67177 on: December 23, 2021, 12:16:51 pm »
Cheers pal,

Yeah been vaccinated twice and was due to have my booster yesterday but obviously can’t now

That's bad luck, but it's happened to a few of us now. You can still book the booster I think but just leave it for 28 days after the negative test.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #67178 on: December 23, 2021, 12:19:30 pm »
Are most of them low level anti vax people ( not the ones that profit from it) just attention seekers? And the more you spend time trying to debate with them, the more they soak it up?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67179 on: December 23, 2021, 12:20:26 pm »
Any idea why I might still be testing positive on a LFT despite first testing positive almost 14 days ago? Am I likely to still be contagious? I had two negative PCR tests a week or so ago as well, further compounding my confusion...

(I've had no symptoms at all at any stage)
Was your positive test a LFT or a PCR?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #67180 on: December 23, 2021, 12:26:05 pm »
Are most of them low level anti vax people ( not the ones that profit from it) just attention seekers? And the more you spend time trying to debate with them, the more they soak it up?

This is it in a nutshell. Social media and all the 'causes' it supports simply gives a bunch of sad cases the opportunity to feel important.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67181 on: December 23, 2021, 12:26:51 pm »
NHS website says not to test for 90 days after a positive PCR. I've been adhering to that, assuming you may still get a positive when you're uncontagious. Why I don't understand the government guidelines about being able to leave isolation after seven days and two clear tests. It contradicts their own advice about not doing them.
The 90 days was introduced a long time ago as a very small proportion of people can stay positive for weeks after - like a really small proportion. For the vast majority they’ll give a negative test after 7-10 days via PCR. The proportion that would test positive by LFT 7-10 days after is even smaller.

The 90 day window is overruled with the onset of any new symptoms - you’d test again even within that 90 day window.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67182 on: December 23, 2021, 12:29:58 pm »

Is it a work do, and are you their boss? You're responsible for their H&S, and you get to do the risk assessment (aka make up the rules). If you say they need to have a negative LFT, thats it. Tell them they can't come.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline CaseRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #67183 on: December 23, 2021, 12:30:58 pm »
Positive Lateral flow test this morning so straight up the test centre to get a PCR done. Have a sore throat and cough as of this morning so pretty certain it will be positive!

Wife not happy as we were supposed to be going to her brothers tomorrow for Christmas and thats all off now.

Fortunately we had been buying stuff to have a meal just in case something went wrong ahead of going tomorrow so should be able to put something decent together for Saturday.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67184 on: December 23, 2021, 12:32:45 pm »
Positive Lateral flow test this morning so straight up the test centre to get a PCR done. Have a sore throat and cough as of this morning so pretty certain it will be positive!

Wife not happy as we were supposed to be going to her brothers tomorrow for Christmas and thats all off now.

Fortunately we had been buying stuff to have a meal just in case something went wrong ahead of going tomorrow so should be able to put something decent together for Saturday.

That's bad luck, take care.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #67185 on: December 23, 2021, 12:35:12 pm »

Ha! Been doing exactly the same as we're due to go to my daughter's on Xmas day but are testing every day at the mo.

The only 'emergency ration' we haven't got are pigs in blankets but well stocked for stuffing and wine

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67186 on: December 23, 2021, 12:37:45 pm »
Is the reduction to seven days based on some new science? Or because we can't afford to keep staff out for ten days?

I have seen some figures that suggest Omicron peaks earlier/quicker than previous variants.
But since people wouldnt know which variant they have, and there's still plenty of non-Omicron, I guess it is the latter.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67187 on: December 23, 2021, 12:45:53 pm »
The 90 days was introduced a long time ago as a very small proportion of people can stay positive for weeks after - like a really small proportion. For the vast majority they’ll give a negative test after 7-10 days via PCR. The proportion that would test positive by LFT 7-10 days after is even smaller.

The 90 day window is overruled with the onset of any new symptoms - you’d test again even within that 90 day window.

Thanks. That advice may be old but it was still up there when I left the quarantine hotel last weekend. Knew RAWK would be more useful and reliable.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #67188 on: December 23, 2021, 12:47:06 pm »
Is the reduction to seven days based on some new science? Or because we can't afford to keep staff out for ten days?

TBF it's not just a straight reduction, you still have to show two neg tests before you don't have to do the full 10. Seems sensible to me.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #67189 on: December 23, 2021, 01:39:41 pm »
The NHS is under stress, say nothing of the fact that they have been at the forefront of this covid fight for the last couple of years. People need to open their eyes and understand the stress that these people operate under. They get abused, they have people comparing them to the ruddy Nazi's. They then have to watch as these people who have been conned into believing the vaccines are "bad for you" die in front of them, while people beg for a vaccine and they can do nothing about it. People take these (not saying you do) people for granted over and over and it's just wrong. I know a lot of people do not like social media, but try following some of the accounts of doctors and nurses and what they have to now put up with, as they do their job. It's harrowing.
Great post.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67190 on: December 23, 2021, 02:30:23 pm »
fuck me. the booster has absolutely flattened me. didn't feel like this with my two Novavax jabs.  :butt
YNWA.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67191 on: December 23, 2021, 02:31:26 pm »
fuck me. the booster has absolutely flattened me. didn't feel like this with my two Novavax jabs.  :butt

When did you have it?

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67192 on: December 23, 2021, 03:16:38 pm »
Is it a work do, and are you their boss? You're responsible for their H&S, and you get to do the risk assessment (aka make up the rules). If you say they need to have a negative LFT, thats it. Tell them they can't come.

10000%

As you say what about being responsible for the other staff members who are taking precautions so that everyone can have a nice meet up without infecting anyone or risking putting people in isolation over Christmas.

If I had a boss and found out he had allowed people to attend a meet up without being tested when I had been asked to be tested I would be fuming.

So yeah another tick in the column of telling them to stay at home from me.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67193 on: December 23, 2021, 03:16:44 pm »
Great post.

Really is

So thankful my mum has retired from being an intensive care nurse. The strain people must be under, even without the abuse, is enormous.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67194 on: December 23, 2021, 03:18:45 pm »
10000%

As you say what about being responsible for the other staff members who are taking precautions so that everyone can have a nice meet up without infecting anyone or risking putting people in isolation over Christmas.

If I had a boss and found out he had allowed people to attend a meet up without being tested when I had been asked to be tested I would be fuming.

So yeah another tick in the column of telling them to stay at home from me.

yeah have to confess to knowing nothing about employment law, so I'm no use there, but looking out for your staff should take precedent over keeping things squared away/avoiding conflict with the two who are unwilling to look out for their colleagues.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67195 on: December 23, 2021, 03:42:05 pm »
Anyone know the rules on Covid my 10 days are up tomorrow.

Do I need to test negative on two LFTs before I can go out again ?

I know you do on day 6/7 on the new rules but im going by 10 day rule

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #67196 on: December 23, 2021, 03:45:31 pm »
Anyone know the rules on Covid my 10 days are up tomorrow.

Do I need to test negative on two LFTs before I can go out again ?

I know you do on day 6/7 on the new rules but im going by 10 day rule
You’re  free after 10 days whatever
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67197 on: December 23, 2021, 03:49:54 pm »
You’re  free after 10 days whatever

Awesome.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67198 on: December 23, 2021, 03:50:17 pm »
Off for my booster at last. I hope everyone is doing okay.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67199 on: December 23, 2021, 03:51:05 pm »
When did you have it?

yesterday around 1.30pm. no issues other than a sore arm until today morning.
YNWA.