Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3502466 times)

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
I'm saying it was known and being reported by mainstream news. C4 was the only mainstream news I saw it on, though. The BBC and ITV news weren't reporting anything about it to my knowledge.

It was on radio 2 back in May about care homes having ambulances turn up with elderly patients from hospitals, the care homes asked if they had been tested and the majority hadn’t been but were still taken in because they were being paid to take them. 

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
But when the outrage of sending patients to care homes, untested, first came to light and something obviously had to change, what happened? They sent them as soon as they were tested, ie before the results had come through, until that one got rumbled too. I can't even find the words.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
But when the outrage of sending patients to care homes, untested, first came to light and something obviously had to change, what happened? They sent them as soon as they were tested, ie before the results had come through, until that one got rumbled too. I can't even find the words.

Horrendous.  And the whole issue of absence of PPE.  Stopped publishing testing figures weeks ago, and Dido Harding confirmed yesterday the ‘world class app’ is effectively dead, not willing to commit to any date for when it will be ready.

A catalogue of failure.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Boris passing the buck and lying? Ya don't say?

He's a cowardly c*nt. They all are. I doubt he had the virus or, at worst, was even bad with it to begin with. His bollocks shriveled up and he fucked off and hid for a few weeks when the pandemic was at it worst. Now he's out finger pointing and putting the blame on anyone but himself. Sounds familiar.

He’s an utter shithouse.
He spent his youth Skiving through school, wrecking restaurants and running away, letting that scrote of a father pay off the owners and who knows else. He has run away from 2 wives, one with cancer, countless mistresses and at least one child who he was forced to acknowledge.
He is from the same stable as Trump. He has never ever been properly called out to account for his nastiness or his laziness because he had a rich daddy.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
Spain's coronavirus antibodies study adds evidence against herd immunity

Madrid (CNN) Spain's large-scale study on the coronavirus indicates just 5% of its population has developed antibodies, strengthening evidence that a so-called herd immunity to Covid-19 is "unachievable," the medical journal the Lancet reported on Monday.

The findings show that 95% of Spain's population remains susceptible to the virus. Herd immunity is achieved when enough of a population has become infected with a virus or bacteria -- or vaccinated against it -- to stop its circulation.

The European Center for Disease Control told CNN that Spain's research, on a nationwide representative sample of more than 61,000 participants, appears to be the largest study to date among a dozen serological studies on the coronavirus undertaken by European nations.

It adds to the findings of an antibody study involving 2,766 participants in Geneva, Switzerland, published in the Lancet on June 11.

There have been similar studies in China and the United States and "the key finding from these representative cohorts is that most of the population appears to have remained unexposed" to Covid-19, "even in areas with widespread virus circulation," said a Lancet commentary published along with Spain's findings.

"In light of these findings, any proposed approach to achieve herd immunity through natural infection is not only highly unethical, but also unachievable," said the Lancet's commentary authors, Isabella Eckerle, head of the Geneva Centre for Emerging Viral Diseases, and Benjamin Meyer, a virologist at the University of Geneva.

Doctors are uncertain whether having antibodies to the coronavirus means someone cannot be infected again. It's not clear how long or how well antibodies protect people from the virus.

Spain's peer-reviewed study began in April while the nation remained on a strict lockdown, and was conducted by leading government research and epidemiological agencies.

"The relatively low seroprevalence observed in the context of an intense epidemic in Spain might serve as a reference to other countries. At present, herd immunity is difficult to achieve without accepting the collateral damage of many deaths in the susceptible population and overburdening of health systems," the report reads.

The Spanish study's lead author, Marina Pollán, who is director of the National Center for Epidemiology, told CNN: "Some experts have computed that around 60% of seroprevalence might mean herd immunity. But we are very far from achieving that number."

Spain has been one of the countries in Europe hit hardest by the coronavirus, with more than 28,000 deaths and 250,000 cases.

The Lancet published results of the first phase of Spain's study, conducted from April 27 to May 11, which showed a nationwide antibody prevalence of 5%.

But the Madrid metropolitan area, the hardest-hit in the country by Covid-19, had more than 10% prevalence, and densely urban Barcelona had 7%, while many other coastal provinces had far lower rates.

Similarly, Geneva's prevalence was 10.8% in the Swiss study conducted from April to early May, the Lancet reported.

"With a large majority of the population being infection naïve, virus circulation can quickly return to early pandemic dimensions in a second wave once measures are lifted," the Lancet's commentary authors Eckerle and Meyer wrote of the findings.

Spain's second study phase results were released on June 4, showing a 5.2% national prevalence, just slightly higher than in the first phase. The results from the third and final phase were made public on Monday; they showed that national prevalence remained at 5.2%, Pollán said.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/06/health/spain-coronavirus-antibody-study-lancet-intl/index.html

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
The reporting on the Spain study is a bit odd as I didn't think there was anything hugely surprising in there from what I have read elsewhere.

Antibody response isn't that strong in many cases and appears to fade quickly, but in spite of that we aren't seeing seeing significant numbers of reinfected, implying the immune response to COVID consists of more than just an antibody response.

It certainly appears that antibody testing likely underestimates the number of people who have had COVID.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2020, 09:50:30 am by filopastry »

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
For me, the more of these studies coming out shows that we have to accept that this virus won't be fully sorted till a vaccine is completed and shown to be effective or that over a long enough time (potentially years) we get lucky with the virus mutating to a less deadly form.

I kinda wish the governments of the world would just be open with us, admit how deadly it can be and enforce rules to help us try to contain the virus as best we can whilst living a relatively normal life. Meanwhile they can try to work together at international levels to set common rules for travel/trade etc, while combining resources to try to create/trial vaccines. Instead you have braggarts and dickheads denying it's real, others hoping it will just disappear and then some saying it's "short term pain" and the like.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
The reporting on the Spain study is a bit odd as I didn't think there was anything hugely surprising in there from what I have read elsewhere.

Antibody response isn't that strong in many cases and appears to fade quickly, but in spite of that we aren't seeing seeing significant numbers of reinfected, implying the immune response to COVID consists of more than just an antibody response.

It certainly appears that antibody testing likely underestimates the number of people who have had COVID.

Do the antibodies appear to fade quickly? I was tested for them here in Spain about 3 months after I was infected and it seemed to still have a high reading of antibodies. Of course 3 months s different from 6 months, or a year, or more.

You are definitely right regarding the testing not giving the full figure though, or at least antibodies not forming the entire immune response. My co-worker was tested the same day as me, and literally that same day her live-in boyfriend went down with a high fever for 4 days. She was completely symptomless throughout. Presumably too early to show up as positive for antibodies on the test too - which came out as a negative.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2020, 11:19:05 am by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Right, I’ve spent 3 1/2 dates developing 3 different ways we can return to school in September.  One of which I consider safest, the other two being a bit of a fudge of the rules.

Quite fun in a really odd way
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?

I read something a few days ago suggesting something similar, antibodies are one of the ways your body fights infections but are not the only way. T Cells were what that article mentioned but there are other cells too from what I can remember in the immune system that fight infections (although some of them are based of attacking cells where the antigen has attached itself to identify the cell as foreign or infected).
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Right, I’ve spent 3 1/2 dates developing 3 different ways we can return to school in September.  One of which I consider safest, the other two being a bit of a fudge of the rules.

Can’t wait to see that one on a dating site advert.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
Can’t wait to see that one on a dating site advert.

;D

I wonder what caused the 4th date to be cut in half?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
;D

I wonder what caused the 4th date to be cut in half?

I hazard a guess at boredom ;D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Melbourne to be locked down for 6 weeks. Residents will no longer be allowed to leave their homes unless it's for grocery shopping, caregiving, exercise or work. The border between Victoria and NSW has also been closed for the first time since the Spanish Flu
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/07/07/asia/melbourne-coronavirus-lockdown-intl-hnk/index.html?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
I read something a few days ago suggesting something similar, antibodies are one of the ways your body fights infections but are not the only way. T Cells were what that article mentioned but there are other cells too from what I can remember in the immune system that fight infections (although some of them are based of attacking cells where the antigen has attached itself to identify the cell as foreign or infected).

Just looking through some of the coverage of the Spanish study with a coffee now and not seeing any caveats about that. From what the study there is saying, about 90% of people who have it will develop antibodies (the 10% seeming not to).

Other stuff which seems of interest to me is that it's from mid-May so expect numbers to have grown a bit more under lockdown there, say 6% now rather than 5%, and while a third of all cases were asymptomatic there's a big chunk of people who thought they'd had it from symptoms but turned out not to have (about 80% of people reporting symptoms didn't actually have it).

Nice write up from an evolutionary biologist: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1280303269269532672.html
« Last Edit: July 7, 2020, 12:46:12 pm by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
Hospitalizations up 50 percent in California amid coronavirus increase

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) confirmed Monday that the number of people hospitalized in the state with COVID-19 has increased by approximately 50 percent over the last two weeks, as confirmed coronavirus cases continue to increase.

Newsom told reporters that the number of hospitalized people rose to 5,790 on Monday from 3,868 on June 22.

Nearly a third of those hospitalized were in Los Angeles County, which reported 630 patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 infections requiring intensive care, Reuters noted.

Twenty-five percent of hospitalizations in Los Angeles County in July were patients aged 18 to 40, according to the news service. Additionally, nearly 1,400 inmates at the San Quentin State Prison have contracted the virus.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/506128-hospitalizations-up-50-percent-in-california-amid-coronavirus-spike

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-53315702

Three pubs closing again because of positive virus tests

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-53315702

Three pubs closing again because of positive virus tests

Sign of things to come. Will be the same with gyms and restaurants as well.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
Florida mother takes her teen daughter to church gathering with over 100 attending, no masks or social distancing, daughter catches covid and is treated at home by mother with hydroxychloroquine. Daughter dies a few days later. Thing is the mother is a nurse and her stepdad is a physician assistant.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/florida-teen-dies-after-conspiracy-theorist-mom-takes-her-to-church-covid-party-and-tries-to-treat-her-with-trump-approved-drug-report/

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
These antibody studies are a bit odd. The immune system produces antibodies once it's identified an infection. When the infection is gone, it keeps production of antibodies up for a bit, then they'll go away again. Not having antibodies can mean you never had the virus, or you had it some time ago, and the immune response is over. I also think, in general the stronger the infection, the more antibodies will have been produced, so some people without symptoms might have only had a low level of antibodies.

What matter in terms of immunity is whether the immune system has learned what the virus looks like, and whether it will restart production of antibodies when a new infection with the same virus is detected. This memory is saved in T-cells and somewhere else. It's not easy to detect though - you can take T-cells to a lab, expose them to the virus, and see what happens, but it's not a quick test.

If there is no lasting memory of the infection, not only would the herd immunity 'strategy' be futile, it would also be impossible to develop an effective longer-lasting vaccine. That would be very unusual though.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

What does the safe one look like?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
What does the safe one look like?
Year groups by and large kept in one specific area apart from subjects which need practical equipment (although no practical for science Y7-11).

Staff move between areas and pupils stay in them.

A staggered lunch so we only have half the school at lunch at any one time.  This will help manage the queue.

I got rid of break and have just put in bigger gaps between lessons for staff movement and toilet breaks with segregated toilets.  I spent most of the weekend working on it as I wasn’t sleeping from trying to work out how the hell to do it....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Yeah that sounds like how I said to my gf it would have to work. Her head (unsurprisingly) is continuing to do her not giving too much of a shit act though so think staff will be staying put and pupils moving around from classroom to classroom which totally goes against the suggestions.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Year groups by and large kept in one specific area apart from subjects which need practical equipment (although no practical for science Y7-11).

Staff move between areas and pupils stay in them.

A staggered lunch so we only have half the school at lunch at any one time.  This will help manage the queue.

I got rid of break and have just put in bigger gaps between lessons for staff movement and toilet breaks with segregated toilets.  I spent most of the weekend working on it as I wasn’t sleeping from trying to work out how the hell to do it....

I went to a traditional grammar school in the 60s, we stayed in the class and teachers came to us. Seemed to work as it prevented fighting in the corridors. That had to wait till the lunch break.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Florida mother takes her teen daughter to church gathering with over 100 attending, no masks or social distancing, daughter catches covid and is treated at home by mother with hydroxychloroquine. Daughter dies a few days later. Thing is the mother is a nurse and her stepdad is a physician assistant.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/florida-teen-dies-after-conspiracy-theorist-mom-takes-her-to-church-covid-party-and-tries-to-treat-her-with-trump-approved-drug-report/

Just find stuff like that so incredibly sad. People so locked into something that they'll reject every other alternative even when their kids' lives are at stake. Even rejecting the treatment recommended at hospital, when they eventually did go, until it was too late.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Reported that Bolsanora has tested positive.

He'll be on of the lucky one's with the Prince Charles strain.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Bolsonaro tests positive for COVID-19.

Let’s go live to one of his compatriots for a reaction.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ahhhh, Bolsanero has got the 'little flu' now and has tested positive. Has symptoms as well.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I see we are all addicted to the bbc news ticker.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Do I detect a bit of unholy glee on here? ;D

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Am I bad if I say I hope it does him in?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Surely he needs to have an urgent face to face meeting with Trump?

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don't want him to die but if his worsening condition is the wake up call that the Brazilian government needs to get its act together thus saving thousands of lives, then most of us won't complain. 
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
What a pity.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
I went to a traditional grammar school in the 60s, we stayed in the class and teachers came to us. Seemed to work as it prevented fighting in the corridors. That had to wait till the lunch break.

Over who got to captain the side against Mr.Sugden?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Ahhhh, Bolsanero has got the 'little flu' now and has tested positive. Has symptoms as well.

I hope his aides tell him that its just the flu and that he has nothing to worry about.

And that he needs to meet with Trump and Pence ASAP.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan

Makes me angry to read that. That fat head oompa loompa wanker and her parents...fucking hell, I've no words for either of them.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
155 further fatalities in UK reported today.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I don't want him to die but if his worsening condition is the wake up call that the Brazilian government needs to get its act together thus saving thousands of lives, then most of us won't complain. 

Speak for yourself. I hope he dies a very painful death as a result of this.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Am I bad if I say I hope it does him in?
Hmm, not really. Though they say near death experiences change people. Let's hope he has one of those and see if it changes him.