Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3302749 times)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: United - το πράσινο και το gOle πρότυπο
« Reply #12760 on: January 15, 2021, 06:49:51 am »
Haha, they've been very chirpy of late, penalty and deflection winners aren't lucky apparently, it speaks to their mentaliteh.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12761 on: January 15, 2021, 07:15:17 am »
I see Clattenburg has been spewing shit about Klopp's penalty comments? What a c*nt. No way am I watching this game.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DietmarHamann/status/1349686231064580097
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #12762 on: January 15, 2021, 09:03:37 am »
I see Clattenburg has been spewing shit about Klopp's penalty comments? What a c*nt. No way am I watching this game.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DietmarHamann/status/1349686231064580097

Some good points raised by Shaka Hislop on ESPN, too:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gegEf11J418" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gegEf11J418</a>

If you read or listen to the sanitised English press, it's all about Clattenburg putting Klopp under the spotlight, funny how it's only the foreign channels that point out the obvious - Clattenburg's comments put primarily himself to shame. And, indeed, they cast a shadow over (at the very least) every Man Utd game he ever refereed. As far as I remember, Juve have had titles taken off them for something similar (having favourable refs, rather than any direct evidence of actual match fixing). Couldn't happen in England, though, corruption is per definition foreign.

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
« Reply #12763 on: January 15, 2021, 09:08:55 am »
If anyone wants to raise their blood pressure significantly...

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheKopHQ/status/1349707160222105600

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #12764 on: January 15, 2021, 09:25:00 am »
i forgot just how obnoxious utd fans can be (i dont actually give a shit but wow, really? going that hard that early? damn), lmao it's a jizzfest because... they went top of the league

fair play, be happy but fuck my life, you'd think they just done the double, i am genuinely gobsmacked by the over reaction, maybe it just shows how far they'd fallen, i dont know

It's funny how it's almost the complete opposite to how we were last year, when people/the media were trying to get us to say we had won the league and even when we were miles clear most of us were still too hesitant to actually say it out loud for fear of being burnt again!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #12765 on: January 15, 2021, 09:26:12 am »
Currently reading Calcio (History of Italian Football).  Chapter 2 is all about referees which is really interesting.  Basically Italian fans believe all referees are corrupt and it's up to the ref to prove they aren't - this has been the case since "professional" reffing started in the 1920s.  Some really interesting points amongst which officiating is used to make sure that the league remains competitive and to divvy out titles to certain teams (with some pretty good evidence) usually dependent on how rich the club is - certainly in the 80s/90/00s. 

Online MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #12766 on: January 15, 2021, 09:55:27 am »
Just been reading quotes from Rashford saying he was taught to be "more savvy in the penalty area" by Josè. So saying Mourinho taught him to dive then.

They aren't even shying away from it now. They're a complete bunch of twats from top to bottom who know they can get away with it.

They have their "We're Man United, We do what we want" chant for a reason.

Also, Pogba's done an interview with Sky saying he thinks they'll win it if they stay focused or something along those lines. Even when we were 15-20 points clear last season you weren't hearing that kind of shit coming out of Hendo's mouth.

They're setting themselves up for a massive failure and it's going to be hilarious.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 10:32:16 am by MJD-L4 »

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12767 on: January 15, 2021, 10:02:17 am »

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12768 on: January 15, 2021, 10:58:17 am »
Just been reading quotes from Rashford saying he was taught to be "more savvy in the penalty area" by Josè. So saying Mourinho taught him to dive then.

They aren't even shying away from it now. They're a complete bunch of twats from top to bottom who know they can get away with it.

They have their "We're Man United, We do what we want" chant for a reason.

Also, Pogba's done an interview with Sky saying he thinks they'll win it if they stay focused or something along those lines. Even when we were 15-20 points clear last season you weren't hearing that kind of shit coming out of Hendo's mouth.

They're setting themselves up for a massive failure and it's going to be hilarious.

I saw a headline the other day that was spawned from the mouth of whatever it is that masquerades as a manager for them. Something along the lines of "its important to be humble" they dont know the meaning of the word. Arseholes.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12769 on: January 15, 2021, 11:08:20 am »
Tierney, the ref on Sunday, has given 5 penalties to Manchester United in his last 10 games with them.

He has never awarded Liverpool FC a penalty in his 11 games with us, although he did award a soft as shite penalty against us at Stamford Bridge this season, and needed VAR to send a Chelsea player off for the most blatant denial of a goal scoring opportunity you could ever wish to see.

I’m sure he’ll be fine though...

Edit: He was also the ref that allowed that Bournemouth player to blatantly push Gomez off the ball at Anfield last season, leading to Bournemouth’s opener.  :o
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 11:11:33 am by Kekule »

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12770 on: January 15, 2021, 12:33:56 pm »
The unreal levels of mouthing off by their players , Manager and former players surely should serve as motivation for us .

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12771 on: January 15, 2021, 02:06:44 pm »
Erm, did I just read that right? Rashford says he learnt hot to dive to get pens? How fucking blatant is that??  :lmao I feel like I'm going nuts.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12772 on: January 15, 2021, 02:21:50 pm »
If anyone wants to raise their blood pressure significantly...

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheKopHQ/status/1349707160222105600

I forgot how bad that Pickford challenge was. Seems like every time it's shown it's in slow motion, but in real time it's one of the worst challenges I've ever seen.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12773 on: January 15, 2021, 02:44:32 pm »
Erm, did I just read that right? Rashford says he learnt hot to dive to get pens? How fucking blatant is that??  :lmao I feel like I'm going nuts.

But its not cheating, It's being clever innit.....

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12774 on: January 15, 2021, 03:20:51 pm »

And there is no outcry. 

Now imagine an interview in which Mo Salah said “I realised I needed to be a bit more savvy about how I fell over in the penalty area”.  Just how long would the queue of gobshite pundits clambering over each other to slag him off be?

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #12775 on: January 15, 2021, 03:47:24 pm »
And there is no outcry. 

Now imagine an interview in which Mo Salah said “I realised I needed to be a bit more savvy about how I fell over in the penalty area”.  Just how long would the queue of gobshite pundits clambering over each other to slag him off be?

He should learn the text of the Rashford interview word for word and give exactly the same answers to see what happens.

When we have the inevitable outcry, it'll be easier to point at the double standards.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #12776 on: January 15, 2021, 05:45:18 pm »
Wayne Rooney announced his retirement. The top scorer in their history is from Croxteth. That never fails to make me laugh.

I hope his time as a manager is full of massive disappointments. Horrible, horrible c*nt
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 05:47:45 pm by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #12777 on: January 15, 2021, 05:49:04 pm »
Uniteds scouse all time top scorer retires

What a beautiful sentence 😂

It kills every one of them deep down
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #12778 on: January 15, 2021, 06:35:22 pm »
 :D
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12779 on: January 15, 2021, 06:37:56 pm »
Tierney, the ref on Sunday, has given 5 penalties to Manchester United in his last 10 games with them.

He has never awarded Liverpool FC a penalty in his 11 games with us, although he did award a soft as shite penalty against us at Stamford Bridge this season, and needed VAR to send a Chelsea player off for the most blatant denial of a goal scoring opportunity you could ever wish to see.

I’m sure he’ll be fine though...

Edit: He was also the ref that allowed that Bournemouth player to blatantly push Gomez off the ball at Anfield last season, leading to Bournemouth’s opener.  :o

I know he's from wigan but if it walks like a manc, talks like a manc and gives them a penalty in 1 out of 2 games then...

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #12780 on: January 15, 2021, 06:53:11 pm »
Wayne Rooney announced his retirement. The top scorer in their history is from Croxteth. That never fails to make me laugh.

I hope his time as a manager is full of massive disappointments. Horrible, horrible c*nt

I hope he does just well enough at Derby to be appointed next Man Utd manager.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12781 on: January 15, 2021, 08:08:15 pm »
I don’t know about anyone else, but every time I heard Wayne Rooney speak I thought to myself “now there’s an effective communicator who I’m sure will have no trouble conveying his ideas and messages to others.”

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12782 on: January 15, 2021, 08:11:25 pm »
I don’t know about anyone else, but every time I heard Wayne Rooney speak I thought to myself “now there’s an effective communicator who I’m sure will have no trouble conveying his ideas and messages to others.”

Just what Derby need to install a bit of discipline too after some quite high profile breeches from their players.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12783 on: January 15, 2021, 08:45:14 pm »

In Planet of the Apes it took a few years so I don’t hold out much hope for Derby
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #12784 on: January 15, 2021, 09:35:58 pm »
Now that Marcus Rashford has admitted Jose Special Once  helped him be more "savvy" in the penalty box...

Have the media inquired about Jose helping Kane, Son, and others at Spurs become more "savvy" in the penalty box?

Inquiring minds might like to know.  :wave
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12785 on: January 16, 2021, 10:05:05 am »
And there is no outcry. 

Cascarino would start smearing Mos name on his walls with his own excrement.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12786 on: January 16, 2021, 10:49:25 am »
Uniteds scouse all time top scorer retires

What a beautiful sentence 😂

It kills every one of them deep down

It bothers them that much that I've seen stickers on lampposts outside the dump of a ground stating he'll never be a man Utd legend he'll always be a fat scouse bastard. The squirming attempts at denial that they love a scouser is brilliant.

My missus tries to justify it by saying it is OK cos he's a bitter ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12787 on: January 16, 2021, 10:57:40 am »
“Bruno Fernandes has only been in the league 1 year and he has 4 player of the month awards. Gerrard had 6 in his entire career. Hahahahaha.  Fernandes is clearly better.”

Firstly, I see the Gerrard obsession is still going strong several years after his retirement. They talk about him more than we do.

Also James Beattie and Andrew Johnson won two player of the month awards, whilst Eric Cantona won only one, so if you’re going to hold that much sway by those awards you have to admit that both of those are better players than Cantona.

Finally, that’s the sort of daft shit that Everton fans come out with.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #12788 on: January 16, 2021, 11:07:59 am »
“Bruno Fernandes has only been in the league 1 year and he has 4 player of the month awards. Gerrard had 6 in his entire career. Hahahahaha.  Fernandes is clearly better.”

Firstly, I see the Gerrard obsession is still going strong several years after his retirement. They talk about him more than we do.

Also James Beattie and Andrew Johnson won two player of the month awards, whilst Eric Cantona won only one, so if you’re going to hold that much sway by those awards you have to admit that both of those are better players than Cantona.

They do have a big obsession with Gerrard. Must be killing them knowing that he would've never joined them.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #12789 on: January 16, 2021, 11:17:20 am »
Cascarino would start smearing Mos name on his walls with his own excrement.

Start?...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12790 on: January 16, 2021, 02:37:50 pm »

Bruno Fernandes obviously deserves a new £500,000 per week contract. Woodward should hurry up and give it to him, before Real Madrid come up calling ...

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12791 on: January 16, 2021, 03:31:30 pm »
Since the start of last season they have got 20 pens from 1364 touches inside the box. For comparison we've got 10 pens from 1859 touches.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12792 on: January 16, 2021, 05:38:28 pm »
It's actually hilarious seeing so many of this lot shouting their mouths off again after being relevant again for about a week.

I was just talking to my brother, who lives in Cheshire and works with a number of Mancs of the more sane variety. They have been talking about United's false position in the league and lamenting that they are actually pretty shite and have been extremely fortunate up to now.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12793 on: January 16, 2021, 05:54:53 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/15/klopp-carry-on-complaining-united-penalties-bruno-fernandes-liverpool-manchester-united

Bruno Fernandes has told Jürgen Klopp to continue to complain if he wishes about the number of penalties Manchester United win because the midfielder could not care less about the Liverpool manager’s view.

United travel to Anfield on Sunday as Premier League leaders and hope to hand the champions a first home defeat in the competition since April 2017. Since Ole Gunnar Solskjær became manager two years ago United have been awarded 42 penalties and Liverpool 19, and this season’s tally is 6-5 in United’s favour. Klopp recently stated that under Solskjær United had won more spot-kicks than Liverpool had across his five years in charge, although in fact his tally is 46.

Klopp’s comments followed similar ones from Tottenham’s José Mourinho and Chelsea’s Frank Lampard. Fernandes, as United’s penalty taker, has scored 14 out of 15.

“People can talk and say what they want,” he said. “But, for me and the team, the main point is continuing to do the right things and when we get a penalty, scoring. I don’t hear, I don’t care, honestly. You always see what people say but I really don’t care. I’m not focused on what they are saying.

“I played in Portugal and when you play for Sporting, Benfica and Porto are always talking about that kind of stuff – sometimes to put pressure on the referee, sometimes just to make some noise in the press. But, for me, the main point is when we have a penalty, if I go to take the ball to the penalty spot, I have to do my job.

“One thing I saw in the news the other day was that Raheem Sterling has missed his last three penalties [for Manchester City]. So, yes, it shows it’s not as easy to take a penalty as people say. You have to work on that, you have to be focused, you have to do your job. It’s clear like that. It doesn’t mean Raheem Sterling is not a good penalty taker because he missed three in a row. It can happen.

“It could maybe happen to me but the important thing is to score and not to listen to what people say because penalties are part of the game, for everyone.”

Solskjær has made the unusual statement for a United manager that it would be an “upset” if the record 20-times champions win at Anfield. He was, though, being cute given that he also said his team believed they could win anywhere.

“[For us] Against the champions, they’ve got an amazing record at Anfield in the league, they haven’t lost for many, many years, so it’s a great test for us: can we go there and cause an upset? Every team goes into every game thinking they’re going to win it and we know we can beat anyone anywhere on any given day.

“It’s a test and reality check of where we’re at. Won many, many tight games, scored goals in injury time, but not really set the world alight too many times and to win at Anfield you need to be at your best.”
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12794 on: January 16, 2021, 05:55:01 pm »
It's actually hilarious seeing so many of this lot shouting their mouths off again after being relevant again for about a week.

I was just talking to my brother, who lives in Cheshire and works with a number of Mancs of the more sane variety. They have been talking about United's false position in the league and lamenting that they are actually pretty shite and have been extremely fortunate up to now.

My missus is the same, knows they are shite, every game she watches all I hear is "what the fuck is that?" "fuck off Pogba you're shite". She admitted today that not one of them would get into the 90's side she watched week in week out.

Not watching tomorrow to keep the peace, I'll go mad once the cheating starts.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12795 on: January 16, 2021, 06:01:08 pm »
^
My brother also said they hate Pogba, and he's only stepped it up a bit recently to get a transfer out of there.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #12796 on: January 16, 2021, 06:06:21 pm »

Not watching tomorrow, I'll go mad once the cheating starts.

Shame footy has come this, but same here. I will check the score after the game, then read all about the controversy (one way or another!) on here!

Hope we beat the cheating Manc fuckers, if they get a result fair and square then so be it, If they cheat their way to success then my reason for giving it a miss will be justified. Either way, the cheating, VAR and empty stadiums has turned me right off even games of this magnitude.

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12797 on: January 16, 2021, 06:33:32 pm »
I won't be watching either, although I will check the score and I hope we smash them all over the place.

As a live spectacle, the game is dead to me now.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #12798 on: January 16, 2021, 06:36:42 pm »
I don't believe any of you. ;D

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12799 on: January 16, 2021, 06:38:47 pm »
I won't be watching either, although I will check the score and I hope we smash them all over the place.

As a live spectacle, the game is dead to me now.

Honestly, this seasons VAR decisions have killed it for me. I'm almost indifferent, and is such definitely not watching the match. I'm expecting the worst every time there is a decision to be made (even if there shouldn't be). It's really sad.

Hopefully, things change when fans are allowed back in great numbers. It's harder for the refs to blatantly cheat when there's 55k screaming you down.
I have no idea what I’m taking about