Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3302968 times)

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: United - το πράσινο και το gOle πρότυπο
« Reply #12920 on: January 18, 2021, 09:52:35 am »
Good player? He's fucking wank!

18 accurate passes in 89 minutes!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12921 on: January 18, 2021, 09:59:45 am »
If this is the best Manutd in years, that can't beat the weakest Liverpool in years, and who are just one point ahead, then they must quite shite.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12922 on: January 18, 2021, 10:10:37 am »
They're going to end up above us. It's all fingers crossed for city now.

Yes you're right about them finishing above us, in the January cup that is

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #12923 on: January 18, 2021, 10:19:03 am »

State of this.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12924 on: January 18, 2021, 10:26:40 am »
Hope this was an attempt at humour.

Offline Suedehead

• Smooth operator.......
  • Main Stander
  • Respectful MUFC fan // Long-time lurker
« Reply #12925 on: January 18, 2021, 11:21:47 am »
If this is the best Manutd in years, that can't beat the weakest Liverpool in years, and who are just one point ahead, then they must quite shite.

weakest Liverpool team in years? come on. Henderson at centre-back is still probably better than most centre-halves in the league, no worse than a Tarkowski for example, and Fabinho is a monster. All the pre-match social media stuff pointed to Liverpool fans being very confident of an easy victory, e.g. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Er9TtktXEAIsUOS?format=jpg so it's interesting the narrative has shifted today.

Yes you're off form, but we're also pretty goal-shy at the moment and have been grinding out results recently. Credit to Liverpool yesterday, started really well, we paid you too much respect I think for the first 30 mins before the penny dropped that there isn't too much to fear. Yes we had the best chances to win, but a draw was a fair result. Two defences that played well and two attacks that looked fragmented. I had 0-0 at 13/1 so I'll take it.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12926 on: January 18, 2021, 11:24:55 am »
weakest Liverpool team in years? come on. Henderson at centre-back is still probably better than most centre-halves in the league, no worse than a Tarkowski for example, and Fabinho is a monster. All the pre-match social media stuff pointed to Liverpool fans being very confident of an easy victory, e.g. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Er9TtktXEAIsUOS?format=jpg so it's interesting the narrative has shifted today.

Yes you're off form, but we're also pretty goal-shy at the moment and have been grinding out results recently. Credit to Liverpool yesterday, started really well, we paid you too much respect I think for the first 30 mins before the penny dropped that there isn't too much to fear. Yes we had the best chances to win, but a draw was a fair result. Two defences that played well and two attacks that looked fragmented. I had 0-0 at 13/1 so I'll take it.

That’s kind of fair. I was confident pre game. Less so when I saw Matip wasn’t playing. After about an hour I got the sense it wasn’t going to happen for us and of course a couple of times it opened up for you.

It felt that as a team/group you were happy with a point and not to force it too much which probably gives an indication that you don’t think a title challenge is too likely.

Ultimately City were the real winners yesterday, sadly.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #12927 on: January 18, 2021, 11:40:03 am »
The one thing I learned from watching them yesterday is that they are basically a very expensive Sam Allardyce team.

Sit back and defend for 75 minutes with the occasional punt to the wings for a flick on. Then try and go for it last 15, almost worked too. Thankfully it didn’t.  That sort of football deserves little reward, sadly it’s effective.  They got their usual help from the ref too, like clockwork.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12928 on: January 18, 2021, 11:46:30 am »

Comparing Hendersons ability at CB has zero baring on the weakest LIVERPOOL team in years comment though. You compare to Liverpool CBs in those previous years... Henderson playing there and not in midfield weakens the team, as does Fabinho playing there not in midfield. People can dress it up how they want but Virgil and Gomez at CB with the aforementioned players in midfield makes for a stronger side than we can field at the moment, it's not even a debate.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #12929 on: January 18, 2021, 11:48:45 am »
The one thing I learned from watching them yesterday is that they are basically a very expensive Sam Allardyce team.

Sit back and defend for 75 minutes with the occasional punt to the wings for a flick on. Then try and go for it last 15, almost worked too. Thankfully it didn’t.  That sort of football deserves little reward, sadly it’s effective.  They got their usual help from the ref too, like clockwork.

Solskjaer has basically set them up like a lower table side, but with 600mill squad and few injuries in and odd season it is getting them results (with help from some crap decisions). Their options off the bench are better than any other team in the league, including City.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12930 on: January 18, 2021, 11:52:56 am »
Solskjaer has basically set them up like a lower table side, but with 600mill squad and few injuries in and odd season it is getting them results (with help from some crap decisions). Their options off the bench are better than any other team in the league, including City.

it is effective for sure, and they do have the depth, which is why the faux bravado and insistance from so many that they are ‘shit’ doesn’t really work this season of all seasons when it is so tight. And the way they play isn’t so taxng either, so with them not getting many injuries, it’s a decent recipe to do well.

Horrible football, played by the biggest bunch of snides in the league, but luckily I don’t have to watch it more than a couple times a season.

Offline Suedehead

• Smooth operator.......
  • Main Stander
« Reply #12931 on: January 18, 2021, 11:59:56 am »
That’s kind of fair. I was confident pre game. Less so when I saw Matip wasn’t playing. After about an hour I got the sense it wasn’t going to happen for us and of course a couple of times it opened up for you.

It felt that as a team/group you were happy with a point and not to force it too much which probably gives an indication that you don’t think a title challenge is too likely.

Ultimately City were the real winners yesterday, sadly.

I'm under no illusions that Liverpool's ceiling is far higher than ours... a team with VVD-Gomez-Fabinho-Thiago-Henderson spine most likely overpowers us yesterday. Which is why I was a little disappointed we didn't go for the jugular a bit more with your notable absentees... in the big league games this season we've blanked in most of them... it feels like we've feared defeat rather than roll the dice and possibly land on a 6. I think until that changes... until we believe in ourselves more in big games, we won't finish in the top two. The Spurs thrashing has probably put the willies up us, so to speak.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #12932 on: January 18, 2021, 12:01:34 pm »

Behave man. I'm on a bit of a downer myself, but this is crazy talk.

It's Liverpool and City in the top two spots. It just a case of which way round.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12933 on: January 18, 2021, 12:01:35 pm »
Am I correct in saying yesterday was the first time they've played one of the big six away from home? They'll no doubt try the defensive tactics again but they were fortunate to get us during a bad patch. They're far more likely to drop more points away during a tough second half of the season.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12934 on: January 18, 2021, 12:04:32 pm »
Am I correct in saying yesterday was the first time they've played one of the big six away from home? They'll no doubt try the defensive tactics again but they were fortunate to get us during a bad patch. They're far more likely to drop more points away during a tough second half of the season.

Who are the big six these days? They drew 2-2 at Leicester if they count? But don’t think they’ve played City, Spurs, Chelsea or Arsenal away yet.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12935 on: January 18, 2021, 12:09:38 pm »

Mate, our form is almost relegation form atm. Can't remember being this bad (because of the injuries first and foremost of course) since Klopp arrived. Your argument that Henderson is a better CB than Tarkowski doesn't stand because he is not. He never played there in his career. On the other hand we keep hearing that this Manutd side is the best since rednose. Not to mention that we've weakened our midfield significantly by moving Fab and Hendo in the defence. So what we got is jack of all trades master of none, all over the pitch.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12936 on: January 18, 2021, 12:27:30 pm »
Who are the big six these days? They drew 2-2 at Leicester if they count? But don’t think they’ve played City, Spurs, Chelsea or Arsenal away yet.

Yeah, I suppose the traditional big six although that's also a more recent thing that came into the lexicon.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12937 on: January 18, 2021, 12:46:33 pm »

of course its shifted, it’s what fans do, and Liverpool fans, especially the absolute weapons that hang out on social media giving the club a bad name, love nothing more than to go with the ‘we’re great, everyone else is shit’ mantra. And then when the wins don’t come - they turn on the team and manager. It’s text book. Man Utd fans are also great at this.

At the end of the day, the lack of form is down to three things, firstly, and most importantly, it’s having no senior central defenders. I don’t care how good Fabinho is (and he’s great), he’s the best defensive midfielder in the league by far, it hampers the team to not have him available there. And Henderson looked comfortable yesterday, but that was as much to do with playing against a team coached by a coward than it was anything else.  Otherwise, he’s a square peg in a round hole who doesn’t as yet fill me with much confidence in that role, and teams should be taking advantage of it. Also as with Fabinho, it weakens the midfield, and changes how the team plays not having him there. And having to patch up the defence is affecting the overal performance in how they attack.

Alenxander Arnold usually a source of that attack, is going through the worst form of his young career, but again, partly down to so much change at the back no doubt.

The 3 forwards are going through a stinking run of form - all at the same time. And the other forward is injured, so nothing has changed in that there isn’t the depth there till Jota comes back to change things up.

Offline Suedehead

• Smooth operator.......
  • Main Stander
« Reply #12938 on: January 18, 2021, 12:57:08 pm »
of course its shifted, it’s what fans do, and Liverpool fans, especially the absolute weapons that hang out on social media giving the club a bad name, love nothing more than to go with the ‘we’re great, everyone else is shit’ mantra. And then when the wins don’t come - they turn on the team and manager. It’s text book. Man Utd fans are also great at this.

At the end of the day, the lack of form is down to three things, firstly, and most importantly, it’s having no senior central defenders. I don’t care how good Fabinho is (and he’s great), he’s the best defensive midfielder in the league by far, it hampers the team to not have him available there. And Henderson looked comfortable yesterday, but that was as much to do with playing against a team coached by a coward than it was anything else.  Otherwise, he’s a square peg in a round hole who doesn’t as yet fill me with much confidence in that role, and teams should be taking advantage of it. Also as with Fabinho, it weakens the midfield, and changes how the team plays not having him there. And having to patch up the defence is affecting the overal performance in how they attack.

Alenxander Arnold usually a source of that attack, is going through the worst form of his young career, but again, partly down to so much change at the back no doubt.

The 3 forwards are going through a stinking run of form - all at the same time. And the other forward is injured, so nothing has changed in that there isn’t the depth there till Jota comes back to change things up.

Yep that's fair.

To be honest I'm just glad to get this fixture out of the way. Think we play again (in the league) in May with a few games left... might be something riding on that one, we'll see.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12939 on: January 18, 2021, 01:01:43 pm »
Good player? He's fucking wank!

18 accurate passes in 89 minutes!

He was very poor yesterday but I’m sure I could pull up some numbers and say the say for Mane, Salah and Firmino

This lot showed nothing to suggest they will finish above us in my opinion. We are just bang out of sorts. We just need to hope City suffer a blip similar to this or a few injuries

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12940 on: January 18, 2021, 01:42:32 pm »

They're away to Arsenal at the end of this month. They have Fulham away and Sheff U at home before that which they should win.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12941 on: January 18, 2021, 02:14:44 pm »
I'm under no illusions that Liverpool's ceiling is far higher than ours... a team with VVD-Gomez-Fabinho-Thiago-Henderson spine most likely overpowers us yesterday. Which is why I was a little disappointed we didn't go for the jugular a bit more with your notable absentees... in the big league games this season we've blanked in most of them... it feels like we've feared defeat rather than roll the dice and possibly land on a 6. I think until that changes... until we believe in ourselves more in big games, we won't finish in the top two. The Spurs thrashing has probably put the willies up us, so to speak.

You landed on 6 against Spurs didn't you?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12942 on: January 18, 2021, 02:26:37 pm »
They're away to Arsenal at the end of this month. They have Fulham away and Sheff U at home before that which they should win.

Fulham away is a tricky fixture these days. Especially if they an eye on our FA Cup game.

You landed on 6 against Spurs didn't you?

:D Lovely stuff.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12943 on: January 18, 2021, 02:27:19 pm »
if you're Solskjaer you cant be happy with a player like Fernandes. has made a show of him on a couple of occasions. extremely disrespectful.

i wonder would they get rid if a decent offer came in,
Do you actually think that is a possibility?  Fernandes may be a bit over-rated but he is far more important to them than Ole is. 

This is just as ridiculous for the opposite reason.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12944 on: January 18, 2021, 06:01:02 pm »
Found this gem from redcafe ;D

"We performed the game plan to perfection, if it wasn't for the keeper we would have won."

Sorry i just had to post it

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12945 on: January 18, 2021, 06:10:34 pm »
:lmao

They don't even know how far they've fallen.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12946 on: January 18, 2021, 06:10:41 pm »

"We performed the game plan to perfection, if it wasn't for the keeper we would have won."

I don't see what's wrong with that, it's pretty much what happened.  They let us have the ball, we created nothing of note and didn't trouble their keeper, and they had very good opportunities on the break but were thwarted by Alisson.

If we'd been in a decent run of form and had our full squad, we'd have battered them and their tactics would've looked embarrassing, but in the moment, they did what they wanted.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12947 on: January 18, 2021, 06:12:50 pm »
Good game plan Ole. On par with Parker, Allardyce and Steve Bruce

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12948 on: January 18, 2021, 06:15:13 pm »
I don't see what's wrong with that, it's pretty much what happened.  They let us have the ball, we created nothing of note and didn't trouble their keeper, and they had very good opportunities on the break but were thwarted by Alisson.

If we'd been in a decent run of form and had our full squad, we'd have battered them and their tactics would've looked embarrassing, but in the moment, they did what they wanted.

Oh tubby, you sweet summer child.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #12949 on: January 18, 2021, 06:20:52 pm »
The just want fair treatment for poor, put-upon Manchester United who just don't get any credit and no decent press anywhere; surely it's not too much to ask that this Liverpool forum could put a smile on their little faces by singing their praises? It's what being a Liverpool forum is all about, surely...?

I’ve never seen as many low post count newbies at one go since united went top

It is rather odd ...
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12950 on: January 18, 2021, 06:20:59 pm »
I’d be pretty disappointed if I was a United fan. We’re in the worst form we’ve been in for 4 years, we had two midfielders at CB and, with the confidence they have, they really should have done better. They were pretty much a carbon copy of Newcastle.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12951 on: January 18, 2021, 06:22:38 pm »

Check out my topic on general forum about the big 6 mini league

In fact a fair few on here should

Jurgen Klopp

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12952 on: January 18, 2021, 06:33:25 pm »
Can we just fucking batter them on Sunday? Please

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12953 on: January 18, 2021, 06:34:22 pm »
I’d be pretty disappointed if I was a United fan. We’re in the worst form we’ve been in for 4 years, we had two midfielders at CB and, with the confidence they have, they really should have done better. They were pretty much a carbon copy of Newcastle.

I don’t get this they’re on top of us, why would they be disappointed, Mourinho made a living of getting results like this and winning the title.

Even in Ferguson’s time when they were better than us they would be happy with a draw at Anfield.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12954 on: January 18, 2021, 07:06:00 pm »
They are not a great as Lord Haw Haw Neville would have you believe. They have been shite up to now but got the lucky breaks or dodgy decisions .

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12955 on: January 18, 2021, 07:06:59 pm »

They sound like the Bitters.

Ifithadnerbinfer.....
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12956 on: January 18, 2021, 07:08:42 pm »
Also reckon Fernandes is crap in the big games.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12957 on: January 18, 2021, 08:06:29 pm »
They are not a great as Lord Haw Haw Neville would have you believe. They have been shite up to now but got the lucky breaks or dodgy decisions .

Can’t be overstated strongly enough in this tight league

Brighton pen after FT 101st min

Villa joke pen

Deflection last seconds v wolves

Deflection v Burnley

Without those they’d be 9th.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12958 on: January 18, 2021, 08:28:04 pm »
Of course it has been. What era do you think it started?

If you're saying that there haven't been divers before the last few years then you're off your head mate :)

I remember the Mancs, Spurs and Leeds sides (And ourselves on occasion) diving all over the shop in the 70s and we and they weren't the only ones

I remember all through the 70s and 80s and 90s and 00s loads of divers in our league and especially in Club European fixtures and World Cup fixtures.

Diving has always happened. Diving will always happen. I've seen plenty of Liverpool players over the ages diving all over the shop on occasion when they've barely been touched. They're all at it.
I didn't even remotely suggest it started in the last few years, but if putting words in my mouth helps to reinforce your flimsy assertion that diving has always been this bad.....then fill your boots fella.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12959 on: January 18, 2021, 09:06:12 pm »
I don’t get this they’re on top of us, why would they be disappointed, Mourinho made a living of getting results like this and winning the title.

Even in Ferguson’s time when they were better than us they would be happy with a draw at Anfield.

Because they are obsessed with us and they have 2 cup finals a year?

Only their most blinkered think they are any good, all the Mancs I know and its a lot, accept they are shite, the footy is shite and they are going nowhere.  To have taken all 3 pts from us would be a poke in the eye to us.
Jurgen YNWA