Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3309896 times)

Offline Dr_Evil

• Anny Roader
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #43760 on: February 20, 2023, 04:59:37 pm »
Has he asked his brother or his dad?

His father, and indeed the Almighty Father
Holy fuck lads I got family home. My computer isn't at a hidden place in the house. They saw the penis.

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #43761 on: February 20, 2023, 05:04:33 pm »
Why? United don't need to inflate sponsorship deals or create zombie companies to partner with.
Yeah, but City and Newcastle do. To use your point, United can be a good safe front for why sportswashers aren’t cheating. Then,  eventually, if United go all PSG, then even you might start to cook the books. Regardless I think you will indirectly wash City, Newcastle and PSG.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #43762 on: February 20, 2023, 05:11:30 pm »
I doubt that anyone would take them seriously. Their fan base have been crying for a sugar daddy far too long ..

there’s plenty who haven’t, and want nothing to do with having sportswashing owners.

Similar as with LFC and SOS, and I’d hope some WOULD take them seriously.

Offline vblfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43763 on: February 20, 2023, 05:14:30 pm »
Suedehead - just realised something - Do I understand you don’t think the Qatar bid is for the purpose of sports-washing?  Do you actually believe the bid is clean and from a fan? Do you think is all ok regarding PSG also owned by Qatar? Do you see United as not generally following PSG’s, City’s and Newcastle’s model? 

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43764 on: February 20, 2023, 05:16:14 pm »
Suedehead - just realised something - Do I understand you don’t think the Qatar bid is for the purpose of sports-washing?  Do you actually believe the bid is clean and from a fan? Do you think is all ok regarding PSG also owned by Qatar? Do you see United as not generally following PSG’s, City’s and Newcastle’s model?
It's for PR. See the "good" press that they've gotten from news about their offer.

Offline vblfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43765 on: February 20, 2023, 05:18:20 pm »
It's for PR. See the "good" press that they've gotten from news about their offer.
So sportswashing?

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43766 on: February 20, 2023, 05:22:04 pm »

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43767 on: February 20, 2023, 05:50:41 pm »
I really don't understand the uproar here.

They already spend more money than anyone else and regularly hand out laughably absurd contracts.

What would new owners really do? They can only field 11 players?

The only advantage I could see would be demolishing their leaking, rat-infested stadium with something new?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43768 on: February 20, 2023, 05:52:29 pm »
I doubt that anyone would take them seriously. Their fan base have been crying for a sugar daddy far too long ...

You could say the same about ours, if you go by the blerts on Twitter.

Plenty of sound United fans want nothing to do with being sportswashed.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #43769 on: February 20, 2023, 06:09:11 pm »

They already spend more money than anyone else and regularly hand out laughably absurd contracts.

The only advantage I could see would be demolishing their leaking, rat-infested stadium with something new?
Pretty much, yeah. It’d be far worse if a team who didn’t already spend a fortune on signings got taken over.

Offline vblfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43770 on: February 20, 2023, 06:12:11 pm »

i don’t feel uproar is the right word. It’s more thesense the game is getting hijacked and taken over for a specific purpose only. The washing is designed to give validity to their regimes where human rights are ignored or worse legislated against. You just have to look at the world cup. A shitshow that brushed or excused all HR issues away and denied and doubled down through their PR shills. That’s what all the fuss is about. Old Trafford Qatar Airlines Bowl coming up?
Maybe they will design the new bowl that it is mobile and can he shifted to Qatar for some big games. 😁

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #43771 on: February 20, 2023, 06:27:02 pm »

Maybe they will design the new bowl that it is mobile and can he shifted to Qatar for some big games. 😁

Many a true word said in jest - not the mobile stadium but the game in Qatar.

And against their only true, historic rivals  - us. :o

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43772 on: February 20, 2023, 06:32:15 pm »
This will no doubt drive the Twitter divvies into meltdown so all good.

On a serious note it’s obviously good news and what my preference would have been, it also sounds as if whatever investment we’re expecting is some way along in the process, remains to be seen whether that will result in an increase in investment in the team but you’d hope that’s the reason that we’re doing it.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43773 on: February 20, 2023, 06:35:25 pm »
i don’t feel uproar is the right word. It’s more thesense the game is getting hijacked and taken over for a specific purpose only. The washing is designed to give validity to their regimes where human rights are ignored or worse legislated against. You just have to look at the world cup. A shitshow that brushed or excused all HR issues away and denied and doubled down through their PR shills. That’s what all the fuss is about. Old Trafford Qatar Airlines Bowl coming up?

No, sorry, I meant the uproar for new owners. Poor word choice. "Clamour" would be better. I understand the rightful uproar over sportswashers.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #43774 on: February 20, 2023, 06:47:22 pm »
Can't the Glazers just stay now they're winning the quad this season? That's got to keep the fans happy.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #43775 on: February 20, 2023, 07:08:41 pm »
Can't the Glazers just stay now they're winning the quad this season? That's got to keep the fans happy.

Well this piece on the Beeb gives the impression that the Glazers may stay and are getting pissed off with the bidders slagging off their ownership.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64709949

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #43776 on: February 20, 2023, 07:22:31 pm »
The abuse say nothing of threats that the likes of Delaney and Nick Harris have been getting today is proof of how we've had a lucky escape from this type of ownership. Nothing on earth would make me want to have this type of "support." Twitter is just seething with insults, abuse and threats it makes you despair of the human race and what has befallen football generally.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #43777 on: February 20, 2023, 07:23:17 pm »
Well this piece on the Beeb gives the impression that the Glazers may stay and are getting pissed off with the bidders slagging off their ownership.

Oh pleeeeeease make it so!

The fewm will be delicious.  ;D
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43778 on: February 20, 2023, 07:29:56 pm »
I would not be surprised to see the Glazers want to stay more now FSG are staying. I think they had a worry we'd be taken over by a state too.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43779 on: February 20, 2023, 07:32:04 pm »

I can live with United winning some stuff this season if if keeps them there. It's game over if they've got the Qatar state behind them between them and City.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43780 on: February 20, 2023, 07:33:41 pm »
The abuse say nothing of threats that the likes of Delaney and Nick Harris have been getting today is proof of how we've had a lucky escape from this type of ownership. Nothing on earth would make me want to have this type of "support." Twitter is just seething with insults, abuse and threats it makes you despair of the human race and what has befallen football generally.

Few people will ever speak out about that club. They get the officials in their pocket week after week and it's always radio silence.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43781 on: February 20, 2023, 07:37:26 pm »
Few people will ever speak out about that club. They get the officials in their pocket week after week and it's always radio silence.

Erm, plenty of journalists out there are speaking about United at the moment with regards the takeover.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43782 on: February 20, 2023, 07:43:58 pm »
Erm, plenty of journalists out there are speaking about United at the moment with regards the takeover.

How many high profile journos and pundits though in reality? The likes of Delaney will speak up. Others may pay a bit of lip service now but if the takeover goes through will say fuck all.

United fans want their money and will make life hell for any journalist or pundit that properly speaks out.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43783 on: February 20, 2023, 07:52:37 pm »
How many high profile journos and pundits though in reality? The likes of Delaney will speak up. Others may pay a bit of lip service now but if the takeover goes through will say fuck all.

United fans want their money and will make life hell for any journalist or pundit that properly speaks out.

I happen to think a few will if this goes through because it is Man United, having said all that it's early days yet let's see what happens.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43784 on: February 20, 2023, 07:53:20 pm »
I happen to think a few will if this goes through because it is Man United, having said all that it's early days yet let's see what happens.

Nobody will care. Nobody with any real power anyway.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43785 on: February 20, 2023, 07:58:56 pm »
I would not be surprised to see the Glazers want to stay more now FSG are staying. I think they had a worry we'd be taken over by a state too.

I don't understand this. Why would they care what happens to us? The team is just a moneymaking vehicle.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43786 on: February 20, 2023, 08:01:00 pm »

Nobody cared during the World Cup in reality. The BBC paid a bit of lip service not showing the opening ceremony and then the football starts and the World Cup, sportswashed, adds to their credibility. Neville will set the mood on Sky that's for sure.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43787 on: February 20, 2023, 08:03:52 pm »

What's power got to do with it? It's a question of informing people who want to know the truth, it's what proper journalists will continue to do regardless.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43788 on: February 20, 2023, 08:04:55 pm »
What's power got to do with it? It's a question of informing people who want to know the truth, it's what proper journalists will continue to do regardless.

Nothing is going to happen. If you are banking on the authorities or anything being strong enough to stop them then you are naive.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43789 on: February 20, 2023, 08:12:47 pm »
Nothing is going to happen. If you are banking on the authorities or anything being strong enough to stop them then you are naive.

It's too late to stop them in the game everyone knows that. The battle against sports washing itself continues despite that, it's about informing those who actually want to know about the subject. I love the way so many dismiss that particular fight when it's even more important now. Nick Harris was writing about City when his wife was suffering from a brain tumour. Despite that, he continued to collect evidence and continued to inform people while being threatened, insulted by various arseholes. If you think people like him will stop reporting on various stories of this nature then you are one being naive.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43790 on: February 20, 2023, 08:13:33 pm »
It's too late to stop them in the game everyone knows that. The battle against sports washing itself continues despite that, it's about informing those who actually want to know about the subject. I love the way so many dismiss that particular fight when it's even more important now. Nick Harris was writing about City when his wife was suffering from a brain tumour. Despite that, he continued to collect evidence and continued to inform people while being threatened, insulted by various arseholes. If you think people like him will stop reporting on various stories of this nature then you are one being naive.

Ok, some journalists will report it. Amazing news.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43791 on: February 20, 2023, 08:15:43 pm »
Ok, some journalists will report it. Amazing news.

Pathetic comment.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43792 on: February 20, 2023, 08:17:57 pm »
Pathetic comment.

This is a country that sells everything, where sports washers are allowed in with open arms, where right wing c*nts rule the place. Some journalists report how terrible it all is. Nothing happens.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43793 on: February 20, 2023, 08:20:20 pm »
Why are they even selling just now? They have a chance of winning a trophy and getting back in to the Champions League?

Surely they would be worth more if that happened in a few months.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43794 on: February 20, 2023, 08:21:04 pm »
This is a country that sells everything, where sports washers are allowed in with open arms, where right wing c*nts rule the place. Some journalists report how terrible it all is. Nothing happens.

Perhaps you should read some of his pieces he does a lot more than report about how terrible it all is. Get yourself a bit informed.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43795 on: February 20, 2023, 08:24:44 pm »
Perhaps you should read some of his pieces he does a lot more than report about how terrible it all is. Get yourself a bit informed.

Ill take it seriously when something is done about it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43796 on: February 20, 2023, 08:29:16 pm »
Ill take it seriously when something is done about it.

Then you are not very interested are you?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43797 on: February 20, 2023, 08:31:36 pm »
Then you are not very interested are you?

In what…?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #43798 on: February 20, 2023, 08:31:53 pm »
I think he knows it's for sportswashing. What he's saying is that there's nothing in the rules about that . United won't need to cook the books . Only a very 'modest' investment, above board will have them competing again.  Getting ten hag and ditching Ronaldo is likely to see them top 4 and league cup winners and in with a shout with Europa. Not major honours. But steps in right direction with no extra spend.  Be interesting what city and Newcastle do if united become a juggernaut. Do they abandon their projects? Or just pump in more money?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43799 on: February 20, 2023, 08:35:38 pm »
Why are they even selling just now? They have a chance of winning a trophy and getting back in to the Champions League?

Surely they would be worth more if that happened in a few months.

Apparently they are more than likely to stay put and sell a minority to stake to US hedge fund.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 08:37:13 pm by RedBec1993 »