Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3293457 times)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #37400 on: July 4, 2022, 02:59:11 pm »
Absolutely baffling transfer activity in the PL this summer so far. Phillips to Abu Dhabi? The Pigeon to Spurs? Jesus to Arsenal? Eriksen to United? Ronaldo to Chelsea?

And we signed a lad just because he has the same name as our bus DJ!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37401 on: July 4, 2022, 03:19:05 pm »
For all Erik ten Hag, the head coach tasked with reviving United, has said Ronaldo will be a central figure in this coming season, these opening attempts to engineer an exit might end up a blessing.

Ten Hag was not big enough to shift Ronaldo in his first summer, even if the forward’s presence jarred with his tactical beliefs. It was a battle Ten Hag had neither the stomach nor will to take on, not when Ronaldo holds such sway inside Old Trafford.

https://theathletic.com/3397428/2022/07/03/cristiano-ronaldo-manchester-united-exit/

pathetic

If that’s true, it doesn’t bode well. He should be confident enough in his own abilities to tell Ronaldo he doesn’t fit in with his football plans.

Homelander, I mean Ronaldo, gets his way again.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37402 on: July 4, 2022, 03:24:14 pm »
Ronaldo and Neymar have already been offered to Chelsea.

Agents of 30+ year old superstars must be rubbing their hands together with regards to Chelsea’s new owner. 

You could probably get him to sign the original Ronaldo if you feed him endless single malts and talk up the deal enough. 

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #37403 on: July 4, 2022, 03:41:13 pm »
Wow, there’s been an explosion of photoshopped pictures of Ronaldo in a Chelsea shirt in the last hour on Twitter. Surely they wouldn’t?  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37404 on: July 4, 2022, 05:05:09 pm »
Ronaldo leaving would be a big boost for United, but the only thing that gets them back into the CL next year are the format changes. They're still largely rudderless and the teams above and around them are just better.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #37405 on: July 4, 2022, 05:07:03 pm »
Could they fluke a Europa League win?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #37406 on: July 4, 2022, 05:07:26 pm »
Agents of 30+ year old superstars must be rubbing their hands together with regards to Chelsea’s new owner. 

You could probably get him to sign the original Ronaldo if you feed him endless single malts and talk up the deal enough.

They seem to be after a marketable big name to get their sponsorships going again/stay relevant.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #37407 on: July 4, 2022, 05:07:49 pm »
Ronaldo leaving would be a big boost for United, but the only thing that gets them back into the CL next year are the format changes. They're still largely rudderless and the teams above and around them are just better.
don't think the format changes apply until the season after
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #37408 on: July 4, 2022, 05:08:38 pm »
possibly but you'd be insane to put any money on it
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37409 on: July 4, 2022, 05:10:15 pm »

Depends if they actually play anyone decent for once. Last time they won it they faced a lot of dross up until Ten Hag's team of inexperienced kids in the final. Whenever we're in we seem to end up playing good sides.

Under Ole they played a bunch of no marks until getting schooled by Villareal in the final. Villareal aren't even in it this year, they'll be in the Conference League which weakens it even more.

Arsenal are in it at least, beyond that it depends who gets kicked out the CL.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #37410 on: July 4, 2022, 05:33:42 pm »
Eriksen is obviously getting a shed load of money so from his position, I can understand it. But from United's position it makes no sense at all, what are they actually trying to build here? There seems to be little sense being applied in any of their signings so far.  :o

It is very strange to say the least. Eriksen, Bruno, Van de Beek all playing the same role.

I don’t know much about Frenkie De Jong but it wouldn’t surprise me if he also play in the same position.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #37411 on: July 4, 2022, 05:35:50 pm »
It is very strange to say the least. Eriksen, Bruno, Van de Beek all playing the same role.

I don’t know much about Frenkie De Jong but it wouldn’t surprise me if he also play in the same position.

Well, as we all know, everyone says

What would Everton do

They bought 15 players for the same position, they know what they're doing

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
« Reply #37412 on: July 4, 2022, 05:35:57 pm »
Wasn't he in Game of Thrones?

Get your own joke! I made a reference to this about 5 pages ago and was completely ignored. Where do I make a formal complaint around here?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #37413 on: July 4, 2022, 05:42:19 pm »
If that’s true, it doesn’t bode well. He should be confident enough in his own abilities to tell Ronaldo he doesn’t fit in with his football plans.

Homelander, I mean Ronaldo, gets his way again.
it's feasible (though highly unlikely) he's done exactly that.

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #37414 on: July 4, 2022, 05:59:59 pm »

There was something on the radio earlier saying that De Jong is no longer leaving Barcelona

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #37415 on: July 4, 2022, 06:02:37 pm »
There was something on the radio earlier saying that De Jong is no longer leaving Barcelona
yeah, I don’t believe Laporte at all when he says that. Firstly because they can’t afford his wages and secondly because they’ve already signed his replacement form AC Milan
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37416 on: July 4, 2022, 06:04:46 pm »
don't think the format changes apply until the season after

Yeah, it says the changes take effect from 24-25. So I guess it's how well they do in the 23-24 season.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Innocenti

• Boys Pen
« Reply #37417 on: July 4, 2022, 06:09:42 pm »
If Ronaldo does fuck off , wherever , who are Utd going to find to replace his goals ?  Their front line is fucked without him. Cavani's gone.  Rashford is finished. Is Martial still even a Utd player ? Greenwood will never play again (hopefully). Which leaves them with  Sancho and Elanga ..... lol.  Makes it even sweeter that the exact player they needed , and tried to get , came to us instead.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #37418 on: July 4, 2022, 06:10:25 pm »
Get your own joke! I made a reference to this about 5 pages ago and was completely ignored. Where do I make a formal complaint around here?

That’s Ray for you.

How’s by the name of @timbolton on Twitter as well.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37419 on: July 4, 2022, 06:19:02 pm »
If Ronaldo does fuck off , wherever , who are Utd going to find to replace his goals ?  Their front line is fucked without him. Cavani's gone.  Rashford is finished. Is Martial still even a Utd player ? Greenwood will never play again (hopefully). Which leaves them with  Sancho and Elanga ..... lol.  Makes it even sweeter that the exact player they needed , and tried to get , came to us instead.

Aren’t they link with Ajax’s Anthony? Quoted somewhere around £60m which means United will end up paying £90m just because they can.

Offline Innocenti

• Boys Pen
« Reply #37420 on: July 4, 2022, 06:43:22 pm »
Aren’t they link with Ajax’s Anthony? Quoted somewhere around £60m which means United will end up paying £90m just because they can.

Isn't he a winger though ?

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37421 on: July 4, 2022, 06:43:25 pm »

The referees giving them pens every game again.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #37422 on: July 4, 2022, 07:05:08 pm »
If Penaldo goes, Penandes will take them.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #37423 on: July 4, 2022, 07:24:50 pm »
A question for all the United loving pundits desperate for people to believe Eriksen is such a great signing especially on a free ...

If it is that good a deal, then why is absolutely no one else apart from Brentford interested in him ?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #37424 on: July 4, 2022, 07:36:11 pm »
A question for all the United loving pundits desperate for people to believe Eriksen is such a great signing especially on a free ...

If it is that good a deal, then why is absolutely no one else apart from Brentford interested in him ?
Rumour has it we were in for him , bit compete with the wages offered by United so kept our interest quiet. Turns out that he also likes Ten Hags style, and feels he will be more likely to be competing for the big trophies at United.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #37425 on: July 4, 2022, 07:36:58 pm »
I'm doing quite a bit of hate-watching of this absolute fucking prick Stephen Howson.

the strange case of howson - no matter how many books you read, no matter how much football you watch, no matter how much you immerse yourself in the game, you're still absolutely fucking clueless about football

it really is quite extraordinary how much someone can throw themselves into a subject and come out the other end dumb as fuck and this isn't even banter

never has someone learned so little by studying so much

and made it so public
« Last Edit: July 4, 2022, 07:38:42 pm by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Innocenti

• Boys Pen
« Reply #37426 on: July 4, 2022, 07:50:11 pm »

I was listening to Goldbridge going on about it before. He was really trying to talk it up and saying that Ten Hag must have really wanted it to happen because he had seen something in him that would suit the way his team was going to play. I have quite a bit of time for Goldbridge but that was just him kidding himself. My bet is that the deciding factor was that the board wanted him because he was on a free. I wonder how much he's on ?

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #37427 on: July 4, 2022, 08:20:36 pm »
Why have they signed another leftback in Malacia?

I understand Shaw and Telles are shite.

But surely you would sell one first, knowing that you need so many other squad slots solved?

Their transfer moves are just bizarre.
« Last Edit: July 4, 2022, 08:51:47 pm by rhysd »
20 and 7

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37428 on: July 4, 2022, 08:50:04 pm »
yeah, I don’t believe Laporte at all when he says that.Firstly because they can’t afford his wages and secondly because they’ve already signed his replacement form AC Milan
Isn't Kessie more like an attacker/10 than de Jong?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37429 on: July 4, 2022, 08:53:29 pm »
Isn't he a winger though ?
Yeah, Haller was/is their striker.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37430 on: July 4, 2022, 09:17:46 pm »

But surely you would sell one first, knowing that you need so many other squad slots solved?

There will always be takers for Shaw. Not so much for Telles.

Their fans have this delusion that getting new players even if they were from Ajax means they could start playing high press immediately. It took Fabinho more than half a season to adapt. It has been 2 seasons for Van De Beek and he still couldn’t adapt to the pace.

Offline jlb

• Anny Roader
« Reply #37431 on: July 4, 2022, 09:21:22 pm »

You can never have too much Malakia.

https://youtu.be/sG1IH1vCvko

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37432 on: July 4, 2022, 09:22:27 pm »
I don’t know why people are so worried about United finding goals if Ronnie bails.

Howard Webb is going to be in charge of the PGMOL. They’ll get given plenty of goals.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #37433 on: July 4, 2022, 09:23:46 pm »
Plus ça change...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #37434 on: July 4, 2022, 09:27:01 pm »
There will always be takers for Shaw.

always be bakers, as well...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37435 on: July 4, 2022, 10:12:55 pm »
I don’t know why people are so worried about United finding goals if Ronnie bails.

Howard Webb is going to be in charge of the PGMOL. They’ll get given plenty of goals.

:puke2

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #37436 on: July 4, 2022, 11:08:53 pm »
I'm doing quite a bit of hate-watching of this absolute fucking prick Stephen Howson.

Been in a room with him back in 2013/14, when he was guesting on a different show...

Is he still charging people to have a pint with him?

The fucking helmet.

...the cap fits.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37437 on: July 4, 2022, 11:12:33 pm »
Do they think they’ll get more penalties with Eriksen out of sympathy?

Seriously though, do they have anyone in risk assessment who would advise them giving a 3 year deal to a player who basically died on the pitch last year?...

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #37438 on: July 4, 2022, 11:29:03 pm »
I feel for Brentford. They gave Eriksen a chance when no other club would touch him and he repays them by leaving them. I know both parties benefitted by him going to Brentford but still.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #37439 on: July 4, 2022, 11:36:07 pm »
Shows that all the North London Journos know nothing - they were all positive it’d be Spurs or staying at Brentford on account of the swanky new London pad Eriksen has recently bought and furnished.

The money he’ll be on at Utd he’ll be fine in leaving I’m sure. Again though, I think there’s some truth in that Eriksen wasn’t too keen on the deal to begin with. It tells me whatever offer they’ve come with was a difficult one to turn down. I’d imagine massive wages and no other clubs willing to give him more than two years.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez