Author Topic: Curtis Jones  (Read 606595 times)

Offline James...

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Curtis Jones
« Reply #3800 on: October 29, 2022, 10:47:51 pm »
Felt like the crowd really got in his head tonight.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3801 on: October 29, 2022, 11:00:57 pm »
I like the kid but good christ that’s up there with the worst substitute performances I’ve ever seen.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3802 on: October 29, 2022, 11:01:32 pm »
Wow that was bad.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3803 on: October 29, 2022, 11:03:35 pm »
I must have missed some of what he did badly. At the very least it was a very good bit of play to setup Salah. I thought there was real potential with him playing on the right.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3804 on: October 29, 2022, 11:04:33 pm »
I like the kid but good christ that’s up there with the worst substitute performances I’ve ever seen.

Yeah outside of slotting an own goal it's hard to see how it could have been worse.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #3805 on: October 29, 2022, 11:05:51 pm »
I’m going against the grain here but I thought we looked marginally better when him and Hendo came on. That can’t all be down to Hendo, can it? I’d like to see Curtis get more game time.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #3806 on: October 29, 2022, 11:06:09 pm »
I'd keep playing him over Hendo, Fabinho, Keita, Ox, etc. Need to find out if he's really a midfielder for the next version of LFC or not. Yeah that was bad today but at least he can still get better unlike almost everybody else who seemingly are just on the downhill slide now.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #3807 on: October 29, 2022, 11:07:50 pm »
I’m going against the grain here but I thought we looked marginally better when him and Hendo came on. That can’t all be down to Hendo, can it? I’d like to see Curtis get more game time.
I thought he did ok too. Let's give a fair few games and see where we are at the end of the season. I personally think he's going to do just fine

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3808 on: October 29, 2022, 11:09:08 pm »
Wow that was bad.

Still has all the bad traits he had the first time we saw him, the fact he's never managed to improve significantly beyond that is worrying.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #3809 on: October 29, 2022, 11:09:26 pm »
He done well in the sense of actually looking to advance the ball forward, but his decision making was shocking, right from his first foray forward and not slipping Bobby in.
AHA!

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3810 on: October 29, 2022, 11:09:38 pm »
Really poor display, and with Milner awful for their winner. Having said that he's not played for ages, he's coming back into a struggling side, and I'm not really sure what Klopp wants from him.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3811 on: October 29, 2022, 11:11:35 pm »
His passing was bloody awful.

He’s fine for the current level we’re at, but not convinced he’s at the level we need.

Offline James...

• Main Stander
« Reply #3812 on: October 29, 2022, 11:11:45 pm »
Probably get £25m for him from someone like Villa or Bournemouth.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3813 on: October 29, 2022, 11:12:15 pm »
I thought he did ok too. Let's give a fair few games and see where we are at the end of the season. I personally think he's going to do just fine
Yep, it was a long enough lay off. He’ll get better and he at least got stuck into them a bit and won a few challenges and pushed us forward. In the despair of the result, it’s easy to forget we created some half decent chances and I think his energy helped.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3814 on: October 29, 2022, 11:12:30 pm »
Throwing him on in the situation we were in was a bit mad. I never thought he was going to make a difference. He was very poor to be honest.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3815 on: October 29, 2022, 11:13:20 pm »
Yep, it was a long enough lay off. He’ll get better and he at least got stuck into them a bit and won a few challenges and pushed us forward. In the despair of the result, it’s easy to forget we created some half decent chances and I think his energy helped.

The only reason we created chances was because Leeds started pushing forward more as they sensed blood. That created a load of space for us.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #3816 on: October 29, 2022, 11:14:12 pm »
Lets not make excuses for him. This is his 4th year in the senior squad, it's not like he was newly promoted and if doesn't know how to play with his teammates after all that time then not sure what point there is to even training then. Expectations would be more realistic if we acknowledge he is what he is right now and he may not improve but at least he has a chance to.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3817 on: October 29, 2022, 11:14:12 pm »
I’d rather keep anyone who isn’t approaching pipe and slippers time

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3818 on: October 29, 2022, 11:17:07 pm »
Not the answer to anything going forward but tonight was not his fault. Clearly not a player to turn to when you need a shot in the arm from the bench.

Like Elliott and Carvalho, he's a glorified 5-a-side player. Neat and tidy, and technically good as most young players are nowadays but ask me to tell you his best position and I have no idea.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3819 on: October 29, 2022, 11:17:36 pm »
The only reason we created chances was because Leeds started pushing forward more as they sensed blood. That created a load of space for us.
Aye maybe, although apart from the Bamford chance when he miss-controlled it, I don’t remember loads of Leeds chances / pressure. We did create chances with them defending deep too. His touch/passing was off, but we looked more dangerous.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 11:19:55 pm by Red_Mist »

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3820 on: October 29, 2022, 11:24:04 pm »
Struggling to see why Jones is getting such stick. Played against Forest, got stick for being too safe. Came off the bench tonight, tried to force it a bit. Meanwhile players on five times the wages did fuck all or worse for far longer. Sell the older players, first.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #3821 on: October 29, 2022, 11:28:51 pm »
Still has all the bad traits he had the first time we saw him, the fact he's never managed to improve significantly beyond that is worrying.

This is it for me. 

I have backed the lad to kick on and develop for what seems like an age but I just don’t see it happening.  He will make a great living out of the game but not at the top level.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3822 on: October 29, 2022, 11:30:24 pm »
Struggling to see why Jones is getting such stick. Played against Forest, got stick for being too safe. Came off the bench tonight, tried to force it a bit. Meanwhile players on five times the wages did fuck all or worse for far longer. Sell the older players, first.

Who's going to cough up a fee plus the wages for £140k/week Hendo, or £180k/week Fabinho? They'll be here until their contracts expire in 2025/2026.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3823 on: October 29, 2022, 11:31:34 pm »
Who's going to cough up a fee plus the wages for £140k/week Hendo, or £180k/week Fabinho? They'll be here until their contracts expire in 2025/2026.

Why don’t we ask someone for £5m for Fabinho?

Offline James...

• Main Stander
« Reply #3824 on: October 29, 2022, 11:32:52 pm »
Why don’t we ask someone for £5m for Fabinho?

We’d get £15m from a Atletico or Juve next summer. He just finished 14th in the Balon D’or ffs. The outside world haven’t smartened up yet to how much of a collapse he’s had.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3825 on: October 29, 2022, 11:44:57 pm »
This is it for me. 

I have backed the lad to kick on and develop for what seems like an age but I just don’t see it happening.  He will make a great living out of the game but not at the top level.

I think he would do well to move on. He has not really improved since he joined the first team and you know what you are going to get with him. New players are desperately required who will be much better than those performing currently and I doubt Jones will rise to that quality. He would do OK at a club where expectations are not so high.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3826 on: October 29, 2022, 11:47:00 pm »
I’d love us to trade Curtis plus cash for a Gini style signing like Tielemans in the winter. We need a solid option in the engine room with something to prove.

Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3827 on: October 29, 2022, 11:49:14 pm »
I personally think Jones is a perfect squad player behind 4-5 other top midfielders - the problem is we currently have 1, and he's 31 years old and made of wet cardboard.

He's one of our few sellable assets though, for a player who isn't in our best 11 (or arguably our best match day squad). It's not something we can dismiss out of hand because we need to spend a lot of money on this team.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #3828 on: October 29, 2022, 11:50:09 pm »
I’d love us to trade Curtis plus cash for a Gini style signing like Tielemans in the winter. We need a solid option in the engine room with something to prove.

How is Tielemans a solid option in the engine room?

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3829 on: October 29, 2022, 11:55:03 pm »
How is Tielemans a solid option in the engine room?

That year when Leicester won the fa cup he was absolute class. I think he’s gone off the boil because he wants to leave, but I do think he’s a good midfielder with similar ceiling to a player like Gini.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3830 on: October 30, 2022, 12:04:26 am »
That year when Leicester won the fa cup he was absolute class. I think he’s gone off the boil because he wants to leave, but I do think he’s a good midfielder with similar ceiling to a player like Gini.

It would be awesome if we got him and watched people run right by him - then the people would move from the Elliott thread to the Tielmans thread and ask why he's one paced.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3831 on: October 30, 2022, 12:09:23 am »
It would be awesome if we got him and watched people run right by him - then the people would move from the Elliott thread to the Tielmans thread and ask why he's one paced.

Lmao I don’t fucking know … is he really that shit these days? Last time I watched him he was good, but that was a while back.

I suppose a lot can happen during that period. Fabinho is proof of that.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #3832 on: October 30, 2022, 01:06:43 am »
Not sure what he is really bringing to the team or if he’s improved at all. I respect that he’s trying to make an impact, but at times he just needs to play the simple pass. He’s just a frustrating player for me.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3833 on: October 30, 2022, 01:10:49 am »
They might be. But I don't think getting rid of a good younger player is going to help the situation as their legs continue to go. I don't see us getting enough money from selling Jones to replace him with someone better.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3834 on: October 30, 2022, 01:23:06 am »

Christ, and I thought I was pissed.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #3835 on: October 30, 2022, 01:25:31 am »
They might be. But I don't think getting rid of a good younger player is going to help the situation as their legs continue to go. I don't see us getting enough money from selling Jones to replace him with someone better.
Honest question - how much do you think we could get for him if we sold him today?
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3836 on: October 30, 2022, 01:31:44 am »
Honest question - how much do you think we could get for him if we sold him today?
I don't know. His skillset isn't one that's necessarily going to appeal to huge numbers of clubs and while he's got the ability, isn't scoring or assisting goals regularly. Selling him on the back a few injuries, with the team struggling, would seem to be selling him at the lower end of his value. At his best, he's a good player for us. I can't see a mid-table PL club offering enough money to compensate.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #3837 on: October 30, 2022, 01:00:42 am »
I badly badly want this lad to be a liverpool star

I felt the same trajectory as mcmanaman at one point

It’s not looking great. That was as bad as it gets
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #3838 on: October 30, 2022, 01:18:11 am »
I had been looking forward to seeing him become a great player for Liverpool but how wrong I was. He got so much technique but his vision on the game is so poor. The worry bit is he has not improved at all for the last 3 years! He consistently makes bad passes and keeps holding of the ball for too long and loses it. These are all his lack of awareness of his and other players positions and I am not sure he will ever gets it given his stagnation in 3 years.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #3839 on: October 30, 2022, 01:32:28 am »
I thought he didn't do much wrong in the game? We can't blame him for the defeat. The effort is there.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!