Author Topic: Diplomatic Immunity - Harry Dunn  (Read 15348 times)

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
Re: Diplomatic Immunity - Harry Dunn
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2022, 08:07:33 pm »

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2022, 08:08:27 pm »
Ok. I’ll say just evil. That better?

I would say evil implies intent. Cowardly is probably a better word.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2022, 08:24:19 pm »
^^^. Can’t believe I just read that. A stupid mistake?  She killed someone by driving on the wrong side of the road. Doubt you’d say oh it was just a mistake if she had killed your son or daughter.

If I went to America and done what she’d done no doubt I’d be looking at time in jail. She should be no different.

well, I think it was a mistake. Ive done it myself for a few seconds here, when in a total brain fart Ive started driving down the wrong side of the road and I was in the passenger seat with a friend who had just driven over from the continent to England and he goes driving towards a roundabout on the wrong side of the road at night. It happens, people make dumb mistakes. It was shockingly careless and an innocent man paid with his life. I don't know what the respective sentences would be, you are probably right US would probably be jailing you for a long time.

Ive just realized it is you somehow thinks lethal injection is appropriate so I think we have slightly different points of view.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2022, 08:26:56 pm »
I would say evil implies intent. Cowardly is probably a better word.

I think thats what makes the whole episode so shitty.

She could have owned up, gone to court and may have got a minimal sentence given the circumstances, no intent, not drunk and not on pills. The fact she fled the country and avoided justice for so long is what makes it awful and makes the families agony more prolonged. Cowardly is the word.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2022, 08:28:18 pm »
Ive just realized it is you somehow thinks lethal injection is appropriate so I think we have slightly different points of view.

It's also the same poster who is recklessly putting other people's lives at risk by not getting their booster jabs.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2022, 08:29:53 pm »
It's also the same poster who is recklessly putting other people's lives at risk by not getting their booster jabs.

I’ve had 3, so not like I’ve not had any. And going off your point, Anne Sacoolas has proved cars are deadly so maybe we should all stop driving so we aren’t recklessly putting other peoples lives at risk.

And recklessly putting other peoples lives at risk am I?  What a load of bollocks. If I’m getting multiple lots of the same drug, sometimes twice a year, I’d start questioning the efficacy of it. Especially for a disease that you have to test for to know you have it in some cases and are fine after 7 days.

But anyway, you’ve diverted the thread as it’s not about covid or my jab status  :wave
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 10:06:26 pm by lfcred1976 »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2022, 07:38:21 am »
His parents have just been on BBC news if anyone wants to catch it up.
Heart-breaking discussion.

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2022, 09:07:15 am »
well, I think it was a mistake. Ive done it myself for a few seconds here, when in a total brain fart Ive started driving down the wrong side of the road and I was in the passenger seat with a friend who had just driven over from the continent to England and he goes driving towards a roundabout on the wrong side of the road at night. It happens, people make dumb mistakes. It was shockingly careless and an innocent man paid with his life. I don't know what the respective sentences would be, you are probably right US would probably be jailing you for a long time.

I think it was how she attempted to evade responsibility through diplomatic immunity and quickly got her was back to the US which grinds people's gears, those actions demonstrate no remorse nor responsibility for her mistake - dragging the poor kids family through the legal mill for justice

As a consequence - I have little sympathy towards the woman if the book gets thrown at her.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2022, 03:36:53 pm »
His parents have just been on BBC news if anyone wants to catch it up.
Heart-breaking discussion.

I heard his mother on the BBC after court. Quite heart breaking and impressive for her that she fought the system for so long and didn't give up.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2022, 03:40:04 pm »
I think it was how she attempted to evade responsibility through diplomatic immunity and quickly got her was back to the US which grinds people's gears, those actions demonstrate no remorse nor responsibility for her mistake - dragging the poor kids family through the legal mill for justice

As a consequence - I have little sympathy towards the woman if the book gets thrown at her.

I agree, which is what I said in my follow up post. It was especially cowardly to take the worst choice imaginable and flee the country. Hard to predict the outcome. I am sure she is trying to negotiate a sentence and I wonder if the judge is under any pressure to give a lenient sentence or maybe the Americans have washed their hands of her as she fled the country doesn't exactly put the US military in a good light.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2022, 07:57:43 pm »
I agree, which is what I said in my follow up post. It was especially cowardly to take the worst choice imaginable and flee the country. Hard to predict the outcome. I am sure she is trying to negotiate a sentence and I wonder if the judge is under any pressure to give a lenient sentence or maybe the Americans have washed their hands of her as she fled the country doesn't exactly put the US military in a good light.
there's no plea bargaining in the UK, but as it's death by careless driving rather than dangerous, I think the maximum sentence is five years, as she fled the scene and the country the court should take no mitigation into account and she should get the maximum sentence. Even if she does though, I seriously doubt she serves even one second in jail
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: December 8, 2022, 04:44:49 pm »
8 months suspended sentence. People get more for cannabis possession

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #132 on: December 8, 2022, 04:51:07 pm »
If the logic was a suspended sentence because we'd never get her over here to serve an immediate one...then what was the point of even a suspended one?  ???
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: December 8, 2022, 04:53:43 pm »
Thats shite, sadly not surprising
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: December 8, 2022, 05:23:08 pm »
As we all know the justice system is rotten. However, I take some heart that the families seem satisfied with it, however inadequate it was delivered. They feel they can move on to the next stage of their own battle now. God bless them honestly, it was nice to see them together like that standing proud.

The tale they were telling about how Trump tried to orchestrate a meeting is typically appalling of the scumbag.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: December 8, 2022, 05:39:52 pm »
With friends like the US government…..

What a load of c*nts.

Online Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: December 8, 2022, 05:40:44 pm »
8 months suspended sentence for a hit and run on the wrong side of the road and then fleeing the country.

Seems legit.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #137 on: December 8, 2022, 05:46:43 pm »
8 months suspended sentence for a hit and run on the wrong side of the road and then fleeing the country.

Seems legit.

It wasn't a hit and run she stopped and immediately admitted it was her fault. Personally I think the US government was never going to let her go to prison because of the implications for their national security.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: December 8, 2022, 06:22:21 pm »
It wasn't a hit and run she stopped and immediately admitted it was her fault. Personally I think the US government was never going to let her go to prison because of the implications for their national security.

Of course we bend over backwards for the yanks.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #140 on: December 8, 2022, 06:29:48 pm »
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1600897387593089025?s=20&t=Fg7F-emrp4Ttv_VodZ7Avw

“Have a nice day”

Ironically if she hadn’t fleed the country she’d have likely got a similar ‘sentence’ without the world knowing what a prick she is
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 8, 2022, 07:48:56 pm »

Not technically, but then assisted to flee the country when she was told specifically not too. Also, she was a partner of a diplomat, not a diplomat herself, so no real implications other than the US being massive hypocrites and c*nts. It isn't surprising seeing as they expected people to be extradited (where which the UK bends over for) but never does for any of their own citizens

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #142 on: December 8, 2022, 07:56:01 pm »
Not technically, but then assisted to flee the country when she was told specifically not too. Also, she was a partner of a diplomat, not a diplomat herself, so no real implications other than the US being massive hypocrites and c*nts. It isn't surprising seeing as they expected people to be extradited (where which the UK bends over for) but never does for any of their own citizens

It went a bit further than her being the spouse of a diplomat. Her husband is an intelligence officer and Sky News have called her a former spy.

There was no way either the US or UK authorities were going to allow her to go to jail given the national security implications.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: December 8, 2022, 08:54:23 pm »
It went a bit further than her being the spouse of a diplomat. Her husband is an intelligence officer and Sky News have called her a former spy.

There was no way either the US or UK authorities were going to allow her to go to jail given the national security implications.

Her being a former spy was questionable and never been proven. Besides, 'former' is the key word, she may have been, bit wasn't one at the time of the crash. Plus she didn't have diplomatic immunity

“The U.K. Government’s position is that immunity, and therefore any question of waiver, is no longer relevant in Mrs. Sacoolas’s case, because she has returned home,” Mr. Raab said in the letter that was shared with The New York Times on Sunday.

“The U.S. have now informed us that they, too, consider that immunity is no longer pertinent,” Mr. Raab said.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2022, 09:01:27 pm by Machae »

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #144 on: December 8, 2022, 09:18:45 pm »
Her being a former spy was questionable and never been proven. Besides, 'former' is the key word, she may have been, bit wasn't one at the time of the crash. Plus she didn't have diplomatic immunity

“The U.K. Government’s position is that immunity, and therefore any question of waiver, is no longer relevant in Mrs. Sacoolas’s case, because she has returned home,” Mr. Raab said in the letter that was shared with The New York Times on Sunday.

“The U.S. have now informed us that they, too, consider that immunity is no longer pertinent,” Mr. Raab said.

RAF Croughton is basically the US version of GCHQ. It was implicated in the tapping of Angela Merkels phone. Approximately a quarter of US communications and spying in Europe are routed through RAF Croughton. It is known as the home of US spies in Europe. Tom Watson raised questions about it a decade ago.

In court today it was disclosed that she is employed by the US government.

I would say the overwhelming likliehood is that she is/was working for the NSA.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: December 8, 2022, 09:30:41 pm »
RAF Croughton is basically the US version of GCHQ. It was implicated in the tapping of Angela Merkels phone. Approximately a quarter of US communications and spying in Europe are routed through RAF Croughton. It is known as the home of US spies in Europe. Tom Watson raised questions about it a decade ago.

In court today it was disclosed that she is employed by the US government.

I would say the overwhelming likliehood is that she is/was working for the NSA.

As I said, her claim of diplomatic immunity is questionable and the US govt claimed it on her behalf, not her specifically (according to her lawyer).

Besides, killing someone whilst working for GCHQ or any other foreign nation abroad will still land you in jail. Rules just don't apply to the US

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #146 on: December 8, 2022, 09:38:57 pm »
As I said, her claim of diplomatic immunity is questionable and the US govt claimed it on her behalf, not her specifically (according to her lawyer).

Besides, killing someone whilst working for GCHQ or any other foreign nation abroad will still land you in jail. Rules just don't apply to the US

The issue is whether the UK and US authorities would allow someone with almost certainly huge amounts of classified information to go to prison.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: December 8, 2022, 09:41:56 pm »
The issue is whether the UK and US authorities would allow someone with almost certainly huge amounts of classified information to go to prison.

It's not new, im sure people who have worked in intelligence services have been to prison. Its just the US waving their dicks in the air and getting away with it as usual
« Last Edit: December 8, 2022, 09:44:37 pm by Machae »

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: December 8, 2022, 09:56:22 pm »
A great effort by Harry's parents.  Reminiscent of Anne Williams but obviously on a much smaller and shorter scale.  Without their efforts I'm very confident that the UK government would have been happy to quietly overlook the whole thing.

The US once again highlighting the one-sided special relationship between the two countries.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #149 on: December 8, 2022, 10:26:50 pm »
A great effort by Harry's parents.  Reminiscent of Anne Williams but obviously on a much smaller and shorter scale.  Without their efforts I'm very confident that the UK government would have been happy to quietly overlook the whole thing.

The US once again highlighting the one-sided special relationship between the two countries.

The Dunn family have acted with absolute dignity. The interview with Harry's friend Issac was breathtaking

I truly hope they have found their justice.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 9, 2022, 09:29:36 am »
Harrys Mum was on BBC this morning. Such a courageous family.  It wont be the result they wanted but I hope they can now grieve in peace.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2022, 05:45:20 pm »
As we all know the justice system is rotten. However, I take some heart that the families seem satisfied with it, however inadequate it was delivered. They feel they can move on to the next stage of their own battle now. God bless them honestly, it was nice to see them together like that standing proud.

That is about how I feel as well. Many more wrongs than rights in this whole episode, but at least to hear the Mum talk quite calmly about how some level of justice has been met and that Ms. Sacoolas will now always be known as the lady who accidentally killed a young man but then fled justice.

Her justice, such as it is, will be that she has to carry that shame forever.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: December 12, 2022, 12:48:45 am »
8 months in prison isn't justice if we're being honest here.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 12, 2022, 09:29:37 am »
8 months in prison isn't justice if we're being honest here.

Of course it isnt. We should be telling the Yanks to fuck off next time around when they want someone.