Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 1091758 times)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #12320 on: May 24, 2024, 02:07:21 pm »
Yes I agree! He will need a new challenge soon enough. He wont function without it.  ;D

Absolutely no way he does a job that involves intense media scrutiny.
Or away from Germany.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12321 on: May 24, 2024, 03:02:12 pm »
Some would say a lot of us are being overly sentimental and emotional, but I actually think in this case the feelings are justified.

In our lives, people always come and go. If we're lucky, some are special, so we hope they stay. If we're very lucky indeed, we have someone in our lives that are the full package. Although 99.99% of us don't know Klopp on a personal level, the vast majority of us feel we still know him well. He's a truly special person. A brilliant manager, but also a truly amazing human being. Now that's rare. When a person like that walks into your life, you feel it. When they walk out of it, you feel it even more.

He is no ordinary manager, and he's no ordinary man. Going on all I've seen and heard from him and about him, he's probably one of the most rounded, evolved human beings I've seen. As I said; when such a person walks out of your life, you feel it. It doesn't matter that we may not have even met the man. That makes no difference. Wherever he goes, he brings light, warmth and humanity with him. Now that's special. How can you not get emotional when you part ways with someone like that?
the Beatles "In my life" seems appropriate

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12322 on: May 24, 2024, 03:10:53 pm »
He is already started improving a skill. Just goes to show these driven individuals cant really just go on endless holidays and not do anything. He will definitely be back managing or doing some sort of role in football soon.
I hope he basically retires from management, maybe just does some very limited pundit work.

I'd be jealous as shit if he started managing some other club.  And couldn't bear us having to play against him in a Euro competition.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12323 on: May 24, 2024, 03:35:17 pm »
He said he probably won't manage again. Reckon if he works again it'll be something a little different, less pressured, less 24/7. We should get him back in a Kenny role - sitting on the board, representing the club as an ambassador - at the least.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12324 on: May 24, 2024, 03:39:34 pm »
He said he probably won't manage again. Reckon if he works again it'll be something a little different, less pressured, less 24/7. We should get him back in a Kenny role - sitting on the board, representing the club as an ambassador - at the least.

Managing our u21's would be less stressful. Just sayin'

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #12325 on: May 24, 2024, 03:49:38 pm »

This all day

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #12326 on: May 24, 2024, 10:42:13 pm »
No way he’s moving back to England

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12327 on: May 24, 2024, 11:31:54 pm »

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12328 on: May 24, 2024, 11:36:31 pm »
Or away from Germany.

See I think he's actually one of the managers that likes the media the most. Maybe not likes but one of the happiest to talk and most comfortable in front of a microphone. Just the questions they ask can be so fucking stupid and obviously some of the stories too. He would always do his best to sincerely answer questions in depth. Inevitable it grinds someone down after that long though. I always thought it was worse for someone like him who is happy to talk and go into detail but gets asked such shite!

Great to see him posting on Instagram even if it feels so strange seeing it!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 11:38:02 pm by B0151? »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #12329 on: May 25, 2024, 12:14:39 am »
See I think he's actually one of the managers that likes the media the most. Maybe not likes but one of the happiest to talk and most comfortable in front of a microphone. Just the questions they ask can be so fucking stupid and obviously some of the stories too. He would always do his best to sincerely answer questions in depth. Inevitable it grinds someone down after that long though. I always thought it was worse for someone like him who is happy to talk and go into detail but gets asked such shite!

Great to see him posting on Instagram even if it feels so strange seeing it!

really?! He can’t stand them is the impression I’ve got  ;D

Yes, he likes to talk, and he will talk at length with some of the better journos when he does sit down interviews.  But the day to day media, he’s never hidden the fact he can’t stand doing it, the press conferences etc.

I do think he’ll go back into footy though.  Either Germany coach if the timing works out, or in another role at a German club maybe.  Although he may not want to tear himself away from living in Spain after doing it for a year or two!

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #12330 on: May 25, 2024, 01:14:23 am »
the Beatles "In my life" seems appropriate

That's reserved for the 2005 CL triumph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLvBRxtaL6c
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12331 on: May 25, 2024, 01:16:19 am »
That's reserved for the 2005 CL triumph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLvBRxtaL6c

Haha - yeah I love that video.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12332 on: May 25, 2024, 08:48:54 am »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12333 on: May 25, 2024, 08:57:10 am »

Yeah not a chance - he said himself he's had a house built in Germany, which he expects to not be in much and they're getting a villa built on Majorca. He's not daft enough to move back here - mind you, with that Brexit shite, he probably can't anyway unless he takes a full time job.
Jurgen YNWA

Online mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #12334 on: May 25, 2024, 08:59:26 am »
Anyone figure out who signed his racquet ?  ;D

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #12335 on: May 25, 2024, 09:06:52 am »
Or away from Germany.

I think he stays in Germany from now on. He's not coming back to England, he doesn't speak Italian or Spanish to go and manage over there (and communication is vital for him).

I don't see him taking the Bayern job, although they'll throw a lot of money at him and he might see that as his chance to win more top honours.

Beyond that it's the Germany job or he might go back to Dortmund or Mainz at some point.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12336 on: May 25, 2024, 09:39:48 am »
He doesn't have to move back to England. It's a part-time role. A very part-time role. A pick and choose role, which, if he's coming back to watch matches, might mean very little extra travel.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #12337 on: May 25, 2024, 09:40:39 am »
He will manage Germany one day. That will be his next move. Great to see him managing them and come up against eng er lund and his team smashing them. Imagine the media fume.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #12338 on: May 26, 2024, 08:29:44 pm »
Just having a think about him, and I can't think of many other people in history who are in as good a position as he is now. Extremely wealthy, universally loved, no controversy or baggage dogging him. He could sit around in his Spanish villa basking in legendary status until the day he dies, or basically pick any job in world football. He literally can do whatever the fuck he wants now. I reckon he was secretly giddy at the prospect for the last few months.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12339 on: May 26, 2024, 09:49:40 pm »
Just having a think about him, and I can't think of many other people in history who are in as good a position as he is now. Extremely wealthy, universally loved, no controversy or baggage dogging him. He could sit around in his Spanish villa basking in legendary status until the day he dies, or basically pick any job in world football. He literally can do whatever the fuck he wants now. I reckon he was secretly giddy at the prospect for the last few months.

He is pretty famous though, which brings its own challenges such as not being able to do what he wants and people always following him around.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #12340 on: May 27, 2024, 01:47:21 am »

I think there is only so long someone like Klopp can sit still. He's earned and needs a good rest, but he's still at the peak of his powers as a leader. I think he'll be back.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12341 on: May 27, 2024, 11:10:58 am »
I have a feeling he will be back

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12343 on: May 27, 2024, 11:44:41 am »
I have a feeling he will be back

Nah.  He’s done with this country.  I think the Germany job might tempt him after the Euros, apart from that I wouldn’t be surprised if he just doesn’t fancy anything.  Pop up on TV as a pundit now and again.

He’s escaped from football unscathed, not many do that.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12344 on: May 27, 2024, 12:35:13 pm »
Nah.  He’s done with this country.  I think the Germany job might tempt him after the Euros, apart from that I wouldn’t be surprised if he just doesn’t fancy anything.  Pop up on TV as a pundit now and again.

Nagelsman just signed an extension didn't he?

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12345 on: May 27, 2024, 12:52:30 pm »
Next England manager?  ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12346 on: May 27, 2024, 02:12:15 pm »

I think I agree. He's well out of this country now. He's probably too wise to inflict this country on himself a second time.

He also knows there's far more to life than football. He's young enough to now enjoy the fruits of his labour. Good luck to him.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12347 on: May 27, 2024, 02:19:21 pm »
I think I agree. He's well out of this country now. He's probably too wise to inflict this country on himself a second time.

He also knows there's far more to life than football. He's young enough to now enjoy the fruits of his labour. Good luck to him.

He comes from a beautiful area in Germany, he's got the money to build a huge house, he can live and travel anywhere he wants in Europe, why the fuck would he choose to live in this Brexit stunted shithole?   ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #12348 on: May 27, 2024, 02:26:02 pm »
If he is indeed done with football, in all probability, Dortmund or Mainz but not in a coaching role.

More in a director of football or head of footballing affairs type of role.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12349 on: May 27, 2024, 06:04:28 pm »
I hope he's shaved his beard off - for a while anyhow.

not that I don't like it, he suits it well.  but without it, it's a lot less likely he'll have every bugger who sees him pestering him about football.  he needs and deserves as much of a break as possible.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12350 on: May 27, 2024, 06:06:40 pm »
If he is indeed done with football, in all probability, Dortmund or Mainz but not in a coaching role.

More in a director of football or head of footballing affairs type of role.
I don't disagree but his personality and intellect is so overwhelming, it'd take a hell of a manager to push back on anything he wanted to implement.

would prefer him as DoF or behind-the-scenes to be honest.  he deserves to get the media out of his face 24/7.

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12351 on: May 27, 2024, 06:15:08 pm »
Nagelsman just signed an extension didn't he?

I reckon they'll sack him if Klopp was interested in the job.

Next England manager?  ;D

Next Dortmund President (that's the rumour)  ;D
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12352 on: May 27, 2024, 06:18:16 pm »
I don't disagree but his personality and intellect is so overwhelming, it'd take a hell of a manager to push back on anything he wanted to implement.

would prefer him as DoF or behind-the-scenes to be honest.  he deserves to get the media out of his face 24/7.

Mainz would be the perfect Club for him, if that's what he's interested in.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #12353 on: May 27, 2024, 07:17:59 pm »
I don't see him managing at club level again. Why would he want to do that? Seen it, done it, got the t shirt!

Germany manager maybe if it becomes available in 12 months time.

Would like to see him in an ambassadorial role for one or more of the big charities. Reckon he could do a great job.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12354 on: May 28, 2024, 05:26:00 am »
I hope he's shaved his beard off - for a while anyhow.

not that I don't like it, he suits it well.  but without it, it's a lot less likely he'll have every bugger who sees him pestering him about football.  he needs and deserves as much of a break as possible.

I want him to bring back the glasses and his original teeth, if I had to pick one thing I didn't love about the man it was his makeover.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #12355 on: May 28, 2024, 06:32:22 am »
I want him to bring back the glasses and his original teeth, if I had to pick one thing I didn't love about the man it was his makeover.

I dont mind it at all. People want to look better. Its very human and he has talked about it in the past. If anything, I think that makes him more relatable.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #12356 on: May 28, 2024, 08:37:16 am »

To be honest, I would want him in that role as well. But at Liverpool, it would be a high pressure job at the end of the day. Too much scrutiny and too much speculation.

I dont know if he would want that much pressure anymore, probably wants to live close to home and would probably want reorganise a club from the bottom.

Mainz would be THE club for that. Dortmund to a lesser degree because he already has his mark there.

Online PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #12357 on: May 28, 2024, 09:28:08 am »
He's still in regards to the ages of managers, not that old either.

He deserves and needs a break for a year-18 months, but after that he'll be chomping at the bit to get back into management be it on a national or club level. So I don't think we've see the last of Jurgen in a managerial role, far from it in fact.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #12358 on: May 28, 2024, 10:17:58 am »

He's got the gift of not being money motivated either. He's obviously been well rewarded by Liverpool financially but he wouldn't take a job on he wasn't really up for. Compared to the likes of Hodgson, Redknapp or Allardyce who just can't turn down money and it's what motivates them. Allardyce getting Leeds and West Brom relegated when he's well past it - Hodgson making a fool of himself this season at the age of about 76, still managing in the PL. If he really wanted the money he could get a 100 million pound contract out of Chelsea over 4 or 5 years and then even if you're sacked you get the pay off. It won't appeal though.

He might consider international management with Germany if offered it, but I don't see him taking a big club job on again. Partly because the schedule just gets worse and worse every season. An expanded CL next season, an expanded Club World Cup at the end of next season. Going back to Mainz might appeal though or possibly Dortmund. You're not playing every 3 days, you get a proper winter break, none of the 12:30 Saturday nonsense after playing Wednesday night, closer to family and the media commitments less laborious and incessant.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 10:22:29 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #12359 on: May 28, 2024, 03:12:30 pm »
He is pretty famous though, which brings its own challenges such as not being able to do what he wants and people always following him around.

I saw photos of people standing outside his house in Formby (?) which kind of illustrates your point.