Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 1082198 times)

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #9960 on: May 3, 2023, 01:12:34 am »

What I was talking about was refereeing decisions these past few seasons. I'm not sure though that these things intertwine. Like I mentioned, ask a Brighton fan if they feel the refs been fair on them on the last few months. That Arsenal lad who was sure there was a conspiracy against them. United fans are always moaning about how the press loves Klopp. We've been fucked over by Tierney on many occasions. He's a shite ref. Pick any club out of a hat and they say they have a ref that hates them etc. It's so easy to have confirmation bias as we only follow one club.
Exactly. Pretty much every team in the league believes there's a refereeing conspiracy against them, including Man City, who we laughed at for years because they thought PGMOL (who they labelled PIGMOL) gave other teams decisions because Sky would prefer the traditional big names to win titles. My mate's a West Ham fan and he was incensed they didn't get given the decision for the Thiago handball the other night.

True but that's all the more reason for us to get rid of the current little Hitlers and bring it in house,real professionals who are held accountable.
I would like to see more of the poorer referees being dropped for longer but they are professionals, their decisions are analysed and they are allocated games accordingly. Ultimately, when someone states an official is biased, they do have to be punished because there are personal consequences for the officials. Maybe they get death threats, maybe kids go after their kids in the playground the day after. More often it involves thousands of people chanting deeply personal insults every game, and every time a manager says something like this they're indicating to the toxic fans that this behaviour is okay, whether they mean to or not.

That doesn't mean that the linesman who elbowed Robbo should get away with it either, or that we shouldn't find out what Tierney said to Klopp if the latter wants to say it publicly. But there's more to it than just blindly taking his side out of loyalty.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9961 on: May 3, 2023, 01:32:45 am »
Tierney has fucked us over so many times that it's impossible to make a case that the twat doesn't have it in for us.

Same with the PGMOL,it's one rule for us and another for the others, go back and watch what the manager of the decade said just last week for proof that it's not a level playing field.

I don't think that it will be long before one of them gets badly assaulted,it's one of the reasons that we need outside regulation for them because all this in house "investigating" stinks to high heaven.

« Last Edit: May 3, 2023, 01:37:45 am by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #9962 on: May 3, 2023, 02:37:26 am »
Klopp can do what he wants as far as I'm concerned. Fuck everyone else.
Is fucking right.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #9963 on: May 3, 2023, 06:01:51 am »
Tierney has fucked us over so many times that it's impossible to make a case that the twat doesn't have it in for us.

Same with the PGMOL,it's one rule for us and another for the others, go back and watch what the manager of the decade said just last week for proof that it's not a level playing field.

I don't think that it will be long before one of them gets badly assaulted,it's one of the reasons that we need outside regulation for them because all this in house "investigating" stinks to high heaven.

He should have been sacked for not giving that Jota penalty when Jota was cleaned out in the penalty area. He also failed to send off Kane and but didn’t hesitate to send off Robertson. Those two dropped points arguably cost us the league. Fucking wanker.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #9964 on: May 3, 2023, 06:02:36 am »
Jurgen Klopp has until 5th May to respond

"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9965 on: May 3, 2023, 07:35:21 am »
Jurgen Klopp has until 5th May to respond

I hope he tells them to go fuck themselves.
Them and Webb and his bent manc brigade.
Fucking cheats the lot of them.

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #9966 on: May 3, 2023, 07:41:09 am »
Remember when the fans were getting stick for booing the anthem at the cup final. Remember Paris. Jurgen had our back just like we will have his.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #9967 on: May 3, 2023, 07:43:13 am »
The thing with it is consistency. Klopp is charged with something that others have got away with and the fine will be different depending on how they feel on the day.

Also, Tierney has been dropped so that suggests that his performance was viewed in a bad light.

It’s just making an example like the time Masch was sent off in the ‘respect’ campaign.

It’s time to get competent officials that command respect and this stops. Tierney was spotted at OT in the crowd in 2014 and that can’t be a good look for some to ref fairly.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2023, 07:45:51 am by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9968 on: May 3, 2023, 07:55:01 am »
The thing with it is consistency. Klopp is charged with something that others have got away with and the fine will be different depending on how they feel on the day.

It’s time to get competent officials that command respect. Tierney was spotted at OT in the crowd in 2014 and that can’t be a good look.
I get that other teams think they’re hard done by. But can any other team point to a player that is so consistently done over by refs as Salah. Let’s not forget that both Of Klopps last 2 charges have directly come from rugby tackles and shirt pulls that weren’t given. Both at Anfield, both right in front of Klopp and in front of a lino.

It’s not just those 2 incidents either, it’s the statistically proven fact that Salah gets far fewer decisions than any other comparable player in the league.

This is why next time some prick pundit tries to get his name in lights by having a go at one of our players - usually for something that’s either praised or ignored when done by other players - the club needs to act. Because as we’ve seen with Mo, these things take hold and in the simplistic minds of PGMOL, become a basis for refereeing them in the future.

I hope we are preparing something to hold these lot to account. Just an explanation of why the assaults on Mo were not deemed fouls would be a starting point. They have zero credibility, as do those that twist themselves in knots trying to justify their decisions.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9969 on: May 3, 2023, 08:02:09 am »

It’s time to get competent officials that command respect. Tierney was spotted at OT in the crowd in 2014 and that can’t be a good look.

Spot on mate

That's all people expect to be honest, consistency. Again officials like to feel hard done by and make themselves some sort of victims but there's become a long running theme in football of a complaint that becomes a big story which completely overshadows the real story beneath it and the media and pundits eat it up and drive the agenda.

I said years ago they brought in this new idea to have a tv at post match interviews and replay goals, assists, big moments etc to players and ask them about their decision making, how they felt in a moment and what made them do what they did. I liked it, it was an interesting idea and i'm sure fans appreciated getting even a slightly bigger insight into what players think in big game moments. The problem with it was and remains that it feeds further into the question... why cant the same be done for referees!! Their decision making beind shrouded in mystery and hidden away stinks!!

If a manager fucks up he has to face the consequences, the media questions, fans discontent, the players not wanting to play for them and underperforming, press conferences questioning their ability and the harsh judgements from pundits. The same goes for players, an onslaught of judgement and it can heavily derail a players career and like managers the level of accountability is huge. But for some reason referees are completely protected from this stuff, zero accountability, not even a middle ground approach. They could quite easily bring in refs post match with screens and ask about the decisions but they know it shows up their inferior decision making and exposes they dont actually know what they're doing.

To me they clearly want to referee with agendas and despite making out they want the best for the game they dont. For me respect is a two way thing, you cannot show none but expect it back because of who you are and they've been elevated to this level where they cannot and will not be questioned. I vividly remember Tierney in the match he sent off Robertson but not Kane, Klopp spoke to him at the end of the game highlighting he doesn't understand why he only has issues with him, Tierneys approach instead of explaining was to just walk off! You imagine that in any other situation and it's mad. You cant do that to refs, people scream for more respect in the game and for officials, where the fuck is it from their side? It's beyond a joke.

Fucking hold them accountable and rid the game of this bullshit protected at all costs stuff. You cant have a system where they dont learn from mistakes and dont have any sort of consequence for ruining matches, it elevates them to this level where they cannot and will not be questioned. Managers cant even comment on them without punishment and the system is set up in a way they can do what they want and you just have to take it. They need to be exposed to the same stuff the rest of the game is, if it's out in the open then they have to make better decisions

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #9970 on: May 3, 2023, 08:34:32 am »
He should have been sacked for not giving that Jota penalty when Jota was cleaned out in the penalty area. He also failed to send off Kane and but didn’t hesitate to send off Robertson. Those two dropped points arguably cost us the league. Fucking wanker.

In the same season:
Rodri handball not given.

Cost us 2 points Vs Kane, gave City 2 points.
One hand taketh away....the other hand also taketh!

Over the course of the season, other lesser known incidents keep popping up, makes me realize how "unlucky" we were.
E.g Southampton denied a clear penalty (Jon Moss) against City by VAR overruling.
etc.

Was almost as bad as the first season of VAR, where LFC Armpits were the biggest danger to our title hopes.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9971 on: May 3, 2023, 08:42:18 am »
The BBC of all places, have an article that lists incidents involving Klopp and Tierney.

1) Tierney told Klopp to 'Get Over it' after the referee admitted missing a foul on Winjaldum.
2) Failed to send off Harry Kane before later sending off Robbo, the draw meant we lost ground on City.
3) Failed to award Everton a late penalty after a blatant handball by Rodri, we finished second by a point. The PGMOL apologised to Everton.
4) Tierney booked Robertson after the assistant referee appeared to elbow the player.

Nothing to see here, no sir, nothing at all, move on.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9972 on: May 3, 2023, 08:53:08 am »
Regarding decisions going against us. Yes, they have. Tierney is a shit ref. But decisions have also gone against every other team this season. Ask any fan from any other club. Hell, ask Brighton what they think. They've been robbed multiple points on multiple different occasions in the last few months alone. I'm not defending PGMOL or the FA. They're corrupt fascistoid entities. But to say, along the lines of, it's only us that gets decisions against, that's some conspiratorial territory.
How many clubs have been robbed of league titles by the refs?
Last season, Tierney’s incorrect decisions were the difference between us winning the league comfortably and losing it by a point to the cheats.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9973 on: May 3, 2023, 08:55:11 am »
The BBC of all places, have an article that lists incidents involving Klopp and Tierney.

1) Tierney told Klopp to 'Get Over it' after the referee admitted missing a foul on Winjaldum.
2) Failed to send off Harry Kane before later sending off Robbo, the draw meant we lost ground on City.
3) Failed to award Everton a late penalty after a blatant handball by Rodri, we finished second by a point. The PGMOL apologised to Everton.
4) Tierney booked Robertson after the assistant referee appeared to elbow the player.

Probably the biggest issue for me, might seem weird to many but wtf is this attitude of I will do what I like and you have to just deal with it. Its exactly what I meant in my previous post on this. It's so fucking blatant he has an issue with us and/or Klopp

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #9974 on: May 3, 2023, 08:59:39 am »
Can the club just ban him from Anfield, you know, for his own safety like.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9975 on: May 3, 2023, 09:28:00 am »
Can the club just ban him from Anfield, you know, for his own safety like.

But he’s our manager?

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9976 on: May 3, 2023, 09:45:17 am »
Probably the biggest issue for me, might seem weird to many but wtf is this attitude of I will do what I like and you have to just deal with it. Its exactly what I meant in my previous post on this. It's so fucking blatant he has an issue with us and/or Klopp

Klopp said Tierney gave him a yellow and smiled in his face. I've never seen or heard of a referee doing that and people thinking its ok.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #9977 on: May 3, 2023, 09:51:30 am »
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9978 on: May 3, 2023, 10:16:30 am »
Klopp said Tierney gave him a yellow and smiled in his face. I've never seen or heard of a referee doing that and people thinking its ok.

100%

It's funny seeing the difference when its Klopp to when other managers shout at officials too.

That Martin Cassidy claims to be a red, what a prick!!! Silence when it's other sides but his own side and he's screaming from the rooftops. You look at his replies to honest questions on twitter, its an embarrassment and echoes the actions of officials, blame someone else and take no accountability, then he resorts to pathetic cheap shots. Pathetic from him

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9979 on: May 3, 2023, 10:21:59 am »

I've said this before, Kavanagh was the VAR that day. I was having physio at the time from a City fan and I said that Kavanagh had robbed us of the title and, as he is from Ashton Under Lyne, he's got to be a City fan and he said 100% he's not. He told me both him and his brother are referees and Kavanagh was his brothers mentor. He'd asked Kavanagh who he supports and he said he was 95% certain he's a Utd fan. That decision stopped us matching Utd on 20.

Jurgen YNWA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9980 on: May 3, 2023, 10:23:34 am »

When Klopp talked about "what he said was not OK", many people assumed a personal insult, but I think what Klopp says Tierney said is perhaps even more significant when it comes to him and us / Klopp.

Bearing in mind the distance he was from Klopp running up to the 4th official, and bearing in mind how often other managers do this, how on earth could Tierney say he thought it was a red?

If it was a good friendly relationship, you could see it as a bit of pisstaking. But given the history, that would not be likely, so for Tierney to  what he did was unprofessional and unnecessary. It also shows Tierney up as someone who likes the power and likes to remind people that he has power over them.

I think it reveals far more about his mentality towards us than perhaps he realises. Especially given his history of decisions against us.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
« Reply #9981 on: May 3, 2023, 10:34:14 am »
Liverpool based stories sell.  Negativity and controversy drive clicks. Put the two together and the media very well know they’ll be able to rake  in  advertising revenue. They therefore build a narrative to allow for such articles to be constructed.

Klopp is an intensely passionate man who first and foremost wants to protect is players. When he sees referees repeatedly failing to do so, he is always going to react harshly towards them through a sense of duty. This will always play into the media’s hands but it is still the right thing to do. This has happened increasingly as the quality of refereeing has deteriorated and will continue to happen until referees are at the same standard in their field as the footballers they’re officiating over.
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #9982 on: May 3, 2023, 10:56:12 am »
But he’s our manager?

But he needs to be saved from being so embarrassing.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9983 on: May 3, 2023, 11:06:05 am »
When Klopp talked about "what he said was not OK", many people assumed a personal insult, but I think what Klopp says Tierney said is perhaps even more significant when it comes to him and us / Klopp.

Bearing in mind the distance he was from Klopp running up to the 4th official, and bearing in mind how often other managers do this, how on earth could Tierney say he thought it was a red?

If it was a good friendly relationship, you could see it as a bit of pisstaking. But given the history, that would not be likely, so for Tierney to  what he did was unprofessional and unnecessary. It also shows Tierney up as someone who likes the power and likes to remind people that he has power over them.

I think it reveals far more about his mentality towards us than perhaps he realises. Especially given his history of decisions against us.

yeah, it’s ridiculous he would even say it, it was a yellow, for excessive celebration I presume, cos that’s what it was. It can’t be a red. Ryan Mason should have been booked earlier in the game - when he and some players where haranguing the 4th official.  Why wasn’t he, and why isn’t it being highlighted that he wasn't?

I wish that Liverpool would get some local journos to write pieces highlighting things like that, how other managers can literally be in the same game as Klopp, do something that is a clear bookable offence - but nothing happens. And in the same game he gets booked, and in the case of the Abu Dhabi game - sent off. Same in that game, Guardiola harrassing the ref as he went to do a VAR check, nothing said or done about it.

It cannot be one rule for Klopp and another rule for other managers.  And I think the club is a bit weak in not doing something about it, doesn’t have to be a statement form them, but do what they used to do - get the local press to start earning their bacon and write multiple articles highlighting the blatant differences between what happens to him and what (doesn’t) happen to other managers. 

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9984 on: May 3, 2023, 11:25:17 am »
Yep, another case of roll over and take it. Am not sure why we cannot recruit some people to spread some more positivity and fight for the club, in the media circles.

The referees power is the one true way to change the course of a game, with so much money and prestige at stake it is an absolute certainty that wrong decisions are made, on purpose. Go ahead an sue me PMGOL, yes your integrity is zero. Everyone knows it but there they are, bullet proofed to the hilt, no accountability at all. Best you get is some shite statement apology days after the event.

With VAR and cameras everywhere at big games, there is literally no excuse for bad decisions.

Given the extremely poor history between Tierney and LFC, he should never again be chosen to referee one of our games. His bias is blindingly obvious now. That said, is not the only one.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #9985 on: May 3, 2023, 11:36:33 am »
Remember when the fans were getting stick for booing the anthem at the cup final. Remember Paris. Jurgen had our back just like we will have his.

this all day,
tell them to fuck off jurgen, we're all behind you

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9986 on: May 3, 2023, 11:57:17 am »
yeah, it’s ridiculous he would even say it, it was a yellow, for excessive celebration I presume, cos that’s what it was. It can’t be a red. Ryan Mason should have been booked earlier in the game - when he and some players where haranguing the 4th official.  Why wasn’t he, and why isn’t it being highlighted that he wasn't?

I wish that Liverpool would get some local journos to write pieces highlighting things like that, how other managers can literally be in the same game as Klopp, do something that is a clear bookable offence - but nothing happens. And in the same game he gets booked, and in the case of the Abu Dhabi game - sent off. Same in that game, Guardiola harrassing the ref as he went to do a VAR check, nothing said or done about it.

It cannot be one rule for Klopp and another rule for other managers.  And I think the club is a bit weak in not doing something about it, doesn’t have to be a statement form them, but do what they used to do - get the local press to start earning their bacon and write multiple articles highlighting the blatant differences between what happens to him and what (doesn’t) happen to other managers.
Agree with you. It can't be one rule for Klopp (or salah!) But...

Liverpool are weak as piss when it comes to defending their interests - or at least they appear to be. As well as some midfielders, they'd do well to invest a bit more on PR. We always end up on the wrong side of these big stories.

Don't hold your breath on the Liverpool journo's though. There's quite a few that have been more than happy to build a profile and career off the back of the club, but go missing in action when the club needs a bit of help.

However, I've come to the conclusion that its down to this simple equation.
Anti Liverpool story = engagement from outraged LFC fans PLUS engagement from the anti LFC brigade.
The numbers are huge, and any look into the economics of modern journalism will tell you that is what the likes of Jimbo Pearce's boss will be reminding him of.

Offline BTGH

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9987 on: May 3, 2023, 12:03:39 pm »
Question- Are the club or manager allowed to sue to FA/PGMOL for perceived failures or injustices levelled on the club/player or manager?

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #9988 on: May 3, 2023, 12:37:54 pm »
Don’t expect any 50/50 decisions to go our way between now and the end of the season. The refs will give us nothing now. I can also see them making an example of Klopp here. Would t surprise me if they give him a few match ban and it’s appealed and he gets 5+. Not good.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #9989 on: May 3, 2023, 12:44:11 pm »
Question- Are the club or manager allowed to sue to FA/PGMOL for perceived failures or injustices levelled on the club/player or manager?

From wiki:

PGMOL;
“The organisation is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee owned and funded by the Premier League, EFL, and the FA.”

From the Premier League website:

“The Member Clubs of the Premier League

The Premier League is a private company wholly owned by its 20 Member Clubs who make up the League at any one time.”

The refs are not an independent company, they’re owned by the teams in the premier league and therefore part-owned by Liverpool. Instead of legal action it sounds like any clubs who are not happy with them would simply (haha) need to convince their fellow league members that the PGMOL needs reformed. Personally I’d root them all out and start over simply based on the alleged facts that there are so many referees from greater Manchester who claim to support anyone but United or City. Such brazen dishonesty should be an alarm bell!
I’d guess there will be no reform for many reasons, but principally because certain teams are happy enough with the way things work.

The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9990 on: May 3, 2023, 12:45:22 pm »
Don’t expect any 50/50 decisions to go our way between now and the end of the season. The refs will give us nothing now. I can also see them making an example of Klopp here. Would t surprise me if they give him a few match ban and it’s appealed and he gets 5+. Not good.

Is why the Club not the Boss need to go on the offensive, sick to death of our suits doing and saying nothing.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #9991 on: May 3, 2023, 05:13:38 pm »
Now we've got Poundland pundits like Jordan and White openly calling Jürgen a liar. :(

Pair of two-bob c*nts!  :no
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9992 on: May 3, 2023, 05:19:37 pm »
Now we've got Poundland pundits like Jordan and White openly calling Jürgen a liar. :(

Pair of two-bob c*nts!  :no

so easy to go on tv or radio or podcasts innit and abuse and slag off a manager doing a job none of them could do.

Then you get a thick Saudi supporting clown like Shearer saying he was ‘lucky not to get a red card’. Why the fuck should he get a red card for celebrating a last minute goal too wildly? He didn’t smack anyone!

Sod ‘em like, but yeah, they are gobshites.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9993 on: May 3, 2023, 05:23:02 pm »
Is why the Club not the Boss need to go on the offensive, sick to death of our suits doing and saying nothing.

I am not sure what the club can do, they would need to work on others to agree and I am not sure how many actually would change their opinion. Most of the smaller clubs feel the bigger clubs get the decisions anyway. As for fans, let's not even go there.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9994 on: May 3, 2023, 05:32:33 pm »
I am not sure what the club can do, they would need to work on others to agree and I am not sure how many actually would change their opinion. Most of the smaller clubs feel the bigger clubs get the decisions anyway. As for fans, let's not even go there.

Sod the others,we need to fight against it for our manager & our Club.

First bit of evidence of an agenda should be the Moyes interview from the other day & then we can list all the times that prick has fucked us over, costing us at least 1 title.

I don't even care what the outcome is, we just need to make a stand.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9995 on: May 3, 2023, 06:07:21 pm »
I think there’s a number of things the club can do.

But for a slightly tongue in cheek way of keeping these things front and centre of peoples attention, if the charge for Klopp is implying bias, they could produce a compilation of Tierneys decisions and ask the question “if it’s not bias, what is it, and what are you going to do about it”

While we’re at it, we could do a compilation on fouls on Salah and ask the question “why were these not deemed by fouls by your officials that were a few yards away”

Surely somewhere within the constitution of the league we have a right to fair treatment and due process.

I’d just like to see us fight back in some way. At the moment it’s like we’re hoping that if we roll over and play nice they’ll suddenly start treating us better. Theres no evidence that will ever happen, so on that basis I’d rather us be absolute bastards to deal with and make them wary of fucking us over. Make them realise that every time there’s an incident (eg Salah getting assaulted then penalised) we’ll be all over them.

While we’re at it, start action against pundits that cross the line into defamation. You know, the sort of comments that call Salah a cheat, then go on to praise “clever play”

Fucking sick of double standards and the club appearing to do fuck all.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9996 on: May 3, 2023, 07:09:07 pm »
I think there’s a number of things the club can do.

But for a slightly tongue in cheek way of keeping these things front and centre of peoples attention, if the charge for Klopp is implying bias, they could produce a compilation of Tierneys decisions and ask the question “if it’s not bias, what is it, and what are you going to do about it”

While we’re at it, we could do a compilation on fouls on Salah and ask the question “why were these not deemed by fouls by your officials that were a few yards away”

Surely somewhere within the constitution of the league we have a right to fair treatment and due process.

I’d just like to see us fight back in some way. At the moment it’s like we’re hoping that if we roll over and play nice they’ll suddenly start treating us better. Theres no evidence that will ever happen, so on that basis I’d rather us be absolute bastards to deal with and make them wary of fucking us over. Make them realise that every time there’s an incident (eg Salah getting assaulted then penalised) we’ll be all over them.

While we’re at it, start action against pundits that cross the line into defamation. You know, the sort of comments that call Salah a cheat, then go on to praise “clever play”

Fucking sick of double standards and the club appearing to do fuck all.

Yes, I get all the above, it's just I have no trust in any of the authorities and their interest in any fairness. The hypocrisy in the media we all know about, I'm still waiting for Henry Winter to answer my question and I've little doubt he will just ignore it and hope I go away.  ;)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9997 on: May 3, 2023, 07:11:14 pm »
Yes, I get all the above, it's just I have no trust in any of the authorities and their interest in any fairness. The hypocrisy in the media we all know about, I'm still waiting for Henry Winter to answer my question and I've little doubt he will just ignore it and hope I go away.  ;)

Nobody does but that doesn't mean we shouldn't fight our corner.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9998 on: May 3, 2023, 07:51:37 pm »
Yeah, mate. I'm not from Liverpool or England so I don't have lived or first hand experience. But I know my Thatcher and about the miner's strikes. I've read my Road to Wigan Pier and about the Toxteth riots and its aftermath. I appreciate that, and trust me, I'd be right there with you on the barricades and I was relieved when the wicked witch died. This history is big reason I'm a red.

What I was talking about was refereeing decisions these past few seasons. I'm not sure though that these things intertwine. Like I mentioned, ask a Brighton fan if they feel the refs been fair on them on the last few months. That Arsenal lad who was sure there was a conspiracy against them. United fans are always moaning about how the press loves Klopp. We've been fucked over by Tierney on many occasions. He's a shite ref. Pick any club out of a hat and they say they have a ref that hates them etc. It's so easy to have confirmation bias as we only follow one club.

I wish it was just Tierney but we've got form with 4 or 5 Manc refs and we're getting them every week. Not to mention Mike 'Manc' Riley or Howard fucking Webb. I said last season I disagree with Klopp singling out Tierney after the Spurs game when it was another Manc ref on VAR who instructed him to send off Robertson, not send off Kane or award a pen to Jota. The same VAR ref (and Tierney the ref) who thought Rodri wasn't a handball.

Why do we always get Taylor when we play United? Why is Coote allowed anywhere near any of our games?
« Last Edit: May 3, 2023, 07:55:03 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #9999 on: May 3, 2023, 08:01:59 pm »

Also, Tierney has been dropped so that suggests that his performance was viewed in a bad light.

It’s just making an example like the time Masch was sent off in the ‘respect’ campaign.

It’s time to get competent officials that command respect and this stops. Tierney was spotted at OT in the crowd in 2014 and that can’t be a good look for some to ref fairly.

The Masch thing still rankles.
Midweek, and Cole should have had a retrospective ban after the way he behaved towards Riley. It was a melt down and Riley shit out of sending him off. Then the weekend rolls around and Steve Bennet awards Liverpool a free kick for a foul on Torres and books Torres for it. No one ever points to that mad moment. Then Masch asks how the fuck has he booked Torres for getting fouled and Bennet sends him off. Cue all the pundits telling us that Masch was disrespectful and abusive. Compared to the way Cole behaved he was giving Bennett a cuddle.
And then we go back to Wayne Rooney telling referees to fuck off to their face, and calling them all sorts. Nothing done.
To be fair it was the same with the diving panel. They pinged Niasse for a dive when he was actually clipped. He was banned and then the FA/PL/ PGMOL all simply forgot to refer anyone else. No official statement abandoning it, they just quietly let it drop.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."