Author Topic: Welcome Adrian  (Read 153244 times)

Online Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Adrian
« Reply #960 on: March 7, 2020, 07:24:32 pm »
He's the Dejan Lovren of goalies.

Nowhere near as bad as people make out.

Fixed that for you 👍
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #961 on: March 7, 2020, 08:08:19 pm »
Commentators did my head in. Parries an absolute bullet header out for a corner and they had a go at him for it : /

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #962 on: March 7, 2020, 08:54:54 pm »
He's played 17 games this season and maybe a few more as well. We were probably banking on making maybe a handful of domestic cup games, in the two comps we essentially wrote off.

He's done really well considering he's back up.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #963 on: March 7, 2020, 08:58:20 pm »
Alisson does plenty of that too though
Alisson parries shots less than just about any recent goalkeeper

https://twitter.com/DanKennett/status/1216298472976068608?s=19

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #964 on: March 7, 2020, 09:03:34 pm »
He's played 17 games this season and maybe a few more as well. We were probably banking on making maybe a handful of domestic cup games, in the two comps we essentially wrote off.

He's done really well considering he's back up.
Yeah. Obviously you don't expect your keeper to get injured, but there's no way we'd have got Adrian if we weren't confident he could do well if we ended up needing him for an extended amount of time. I don't think we'd take gambles like that.

It's natural there's a drop off from the best keeper in the world to his back up for sure, but he's a good keeper. I don't buy that he doesn't inspire confidence either, he's just not the boss like Alisson is.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2020, 09:05:55 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #965 on: March 7, 2020, 09:07:48 pm »
For a number 2 keeper he's done excellent.

What do people expect?

For a number 3 Keeper Lonergan is excellent

It's like we have the best keeper in the world as number 1 and our number 2 isn't going to be better.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #966 on: March 7, 2020, 09:10:09 pm »
For a number 2 keeper he's done excellent.

What do people expect?

For a number 3 Keeper Lonergan is excellent

It's like we have the best keeper in the world as number 1 and our number 2 isn't going to be better.
Move past the letter "A" perhaps?

;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #967 on: March 7, 2020, 09:39:15 pm »

It's wrong, imo, to look at it in total numbers. It needs to be a ratio of catches to parries. Parrying less shots might be more a function of the defenders and defensive system than anything the keeper is actually doing themselves.
Better looking than Samie.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #968 on: March 7, 2020, 10:02:38 pm »
It's wrong, imo, to look at it in total numbers. It needs to be a ratio of catches to parries. Parrying less shots might be more a function of the defenders and defensive system than anything the keeper is actually doing themselves.
Even accounting for a system Alisson is doing it way less than mignolet and karius.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #969 on: March 7, 2020, 10:06:44 pm »
Even accounting for a system Alisson is doing it way less than mignolet and karius.

It's still better to look at ratio of catches to parries, because that will indicate some of the decision-making processes the keepers are using.

Edit: I didnt see that the Kennet diagram had a bottom part.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2020, 10:52:14 pm by PhaseOfPlay »
Better looking than Samie.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #970 on: March 7, 2020, 10:09:03 pm »

If I’m reading that right...between 45-50% of shots parried? I’ll stand by the plenty then :wave
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #971 on: March 7, 2020, 10:46:10 pm »
There was something wrong with their goal. Gomes was clearly fouled. That's a free kick to us. Not a goal to them. Just about every commentator has said so, including independent ones.

I would be fine with us having a goal like that chalked off. We've had plenty of goals disallowed by VAR and I've not had a problem with any of them.
Come on it was clear foul. I'd expect it to be chalked off I would only rage because of the lack of consistency Refs don't and VAR don't seem to be giving us much at moment. Makes mockery of the whole LiVARpool narrative.   

Obviously I'm outnumbered here, but I just don't see that as a push. He straight up outmuscled Gomez. If the defender does that to the striker, it's good defending. That was just good, physical centre-forward play in my book, and you need to be able to cope better physically with it in this league. I really like Joe, but he has a lot to learn still in that regard.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2020, 10:47:51 pm by ۩ Imperator ۩ »
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Online KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #972 on: March 7, 2020, 10:58:28 pm »
Obviously I'm outnumbered here, but I just don't see that as a push. He straight up outmuscled Gomez. If the defender does that to the striker, it's good defending. That was just good, physical centre-forward play in my book, and you need to be able to cope better physically with it in this league. I really like Joe, but he has a lot to learn still in that regard.

'Wilson gives gomes a little nudge....

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/crQIrdQt_uQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/crQIrdQt_uQ</a>

Clear foul from behind. Just a dirty foul. I really like the referee but he has a lot to learn still in that regard.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #973 on: March 7, 2020, 11:10:54 pm »

He didn’t outmuscle him. A shoulder to shoulder where Gomez ended up on the ground is outmuscling. He shoved him in the back - that will throw off anyone. It was, by the rules of the game, a free.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #974 on: March 7, 2020, 11:22:44 pm »

Think you are watching the wrong sport if you don't think that's foul.

This is probably what you are referring to which shouldn't have been a foul..

https://mobile.twitter.com/liverpooljacob/status/939897271990267906

..but was given a penalty, still pisses me off even now.
Clear foul on Gomez.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #975 on: March 7, 2020, 11:26:28 pm »
Think you are watching the wrong sport if you don't think that's foul.

This is probably what you are referring to which shouldn't have been a foul..

https://mobile.twitter.com/liverpooljacob/status/939897271990267906

..but was given a penalty, still pisses me off even now.
Clear foul on Gomez.

Hahah I forgot how bad that was - Calvert Lewin jumped into Lovren and then bounced off and flopped. So so so bad.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #976 on: March 8, 2020, 09:13:08 am »
The next game will be one of his biggest of his career, surely?

Since the Super Cup anyway.

I think he can rise to the occasion..

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #977 on: March 8, 2020, 12:59:14 pm »
Hahah I forgot how bad that was - Calvert Lewin jumped into Lovren and then bounced off and flopped. So so so bad.

Lovren still got the blame for it from many too.

Online Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: March 8, 2020, 01:06:27 pm »
Lovren still got the blame for it from many too.

Would've got the blame yesterday for their goal if he was playing instead of Jomez.
Anyway, back to Adrian, I thought he did fine yesterday despite what the commentary team wanted us all to think.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #979 on: March 8, 2020, 02:09:44 pm »
Would've got the blame yesterday for their goal if he was playing instead of Jomez.
Anyway, back to Adrian, I thought he did fine yesterday despite what the commentary team wanted us all to think.

I agree, he was decent. People around me were having a go at him for punching, but if that's his style, I don't want him to suddenly change it and start trying to catch balls he can't keep hold of.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #980 on: March 8, 2020, 02:17:30 pm »
He's the Dejan Lovren of goalies.

Inspires zero confidence but can be solid on his day.

Similar to Bravo at City, expect he was a free transfer in case of an emergency and to play in goal for two domestic cups we'd already written off. He's played a lot more than we'd have bargained for and has done very well considering. Just hope the next game or two aren't a step too far because obviously he's not a top keeper, if he was he wouldn't have signed on a free to sit on our bench.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #981 on: March 8, 2020, 03:53:23 pm »
Similar to Bravo at City, expect he was a free transfer in case of an emergency and to play in goal for two domestic cups we'd already written off. He's played a lot more than we'd have bargained for and has done very well considering. Just hope the next game or two aren't a step too far because obviously he's not a top keeper, if he was he wouldn't have signed on a free to sit on our bench.
Do you never tire of posting utter shite?

We signed him ''to sit on our bench'' because he was available, out of contract and willing to join us. You think in that situation we would turn our noses up at him and say ''sorry, you're too good for our bench''?

And the reason he was available, out of contract and willing to join us was because he had, of his own volition, turned down a contract offer at West Ham and put himself out of contract, because he knew he was better than that level and backed himself to be approached by a higher level club. Which is exactly what happened; he got approached by the best side in the world. No brainer.

You can wonder again about how ''top'' he is when he gets loads of offers in the summer and we have a fight to keep him sitting ''on our bench''.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: March 8, 2020, 04:29:44 pm »

We signed him ''to sit on our bench'' because he was available, out of contract and willing to join us. You think in that situation we would turn our noses up at him and say ''sorry, you're too good for our bench''?

And the reason he was available, out of contract and willing to join us was because he had, of his own volition, turned down a contract offer at West Ham and put himself out of contract, because he knew he was better than that level and backed himself to be approached by a higher level club. Which is exactly what happened; he got approached by the best side in the world. No brainer.

You can wonder again about how ''top'' he is when he gets loads of offers in the summer and we have a fight to keep him sitting ''on our bench''.

Agree, we are going to struggle to keep him - he's better than most of the PL keepers, he's certainly better than that clown across the park and would walk into a lot of first 11's in this league.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #983 on: March 8, 2020, 04:36:52 pm »

Too good to sit on the bench at West Ham i'd agree, his last appearance there was a 4-2 defeat in the cup by Wimbledon. Fabianski was their number 1 all last season.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #984 on: March 8, 2020, 04:40:38 pm »

Yep. He’s been better than anyone could have expected this season, especially considering he’s also played more often than anyone could have expected. He’s clearly one of the best, if not the best, back ups in the league.

And to answer your question....no, he doesn’t. At all ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #985 on: March 9, 2020, 11:54:25 pm »

Not sure how you are remembering that but Bravo was signed with a decent amount of fanfare by Pep for nearly 20M, a year later hes deemed not good enough and they spunked another 35M on Ederson

Adrian was an opportunity signing, that we obviously felt could do a decent job for us in a pinch and allowed us to let Mignolet go on his way. He's done absolutely fine for a keeper who knew he what he was being signed for and then is thrown in the deep end a few days after arriving. Hes made one bad error which has been highlighted to the nth degree which is a keepers lot.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2020, 11:59:01 pm by blacksun »

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #986 on: March 10, 2020, 02:54:22 am »
Adrian has been more than good enough for us, he's made less mistakes than Karius & Mig, and we have won most of the matches he has played in. It's pretty damn hard to improve on that unless you can afford to have 2 top keepers and somehow keep them happy. City are paying top dollar for their 2nd keeper but are not getting a top keeper are they?

Hopefully, this big week will bring out the best in him.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #987 on: March 10, 2020, 10:23:53 am »
Hope the lad does well.

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #988 on: March 11, 2020, 10:10:01 pm »
Disappointing.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #989 on: March 11, 2020, 10:11:08 pm »
Thats the kind of keeper he is unfortunately.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #990 on: March 11, 2020, 10:11:35 pm »
Well done

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Adrian
« Reply #991 on: October 1, 2020, 11:07:09 pm »
His topic is locked from before the real lockdown hit... Mods, would you please reopen it?

Just wanted to give the guy some well deserved kudos for saving that shot, a penalty and almost caught the last one. Not too shabby, is he?!

He may not be on par with Alisson, but to those who caused his thread to be locked, name a better second keeper in the league. 
« Last Edit: October 1, 2020, 11:10:45 pm by farawayred »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Adrian
« Reply #992 on: October 1, 2020, 11:10:17 pm »
Yep he did fine tonight, knew he'd save at least one penalty.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #993 on: October 2, 2020, 12:02:44 am »
He had a good game tonight, and did well in the shootout (unlucky not to save two more he guessed direction-wise)

Distribution wise he remains very poor with his feet. Has very poor technique, takes a long time to control a ball and telegraphs what he's thinking of doing next while he does it. Has very little accuracy at all over middle to long distances with his feet.

His strengths aside from the reflex saves and penalty shootouts seems to be his character (that includes letting poor performances/mistakes bouncing off him, as well as being a good influence in the dressing room and a training partner for the best keeper in the world). He's a decent number 2 but not much more. But that's the nature of number 2s, they aren't regulars at top clubs for a reason. Some, like Reina for example, are no longer at the same level. Some, like Adrian, never were.

The 'name a better number 2' is a bad cliche though. Romero (and maybe Henderson), Bravo, Caballero probably (although he's waning fast). Whisper it but Kepa could be also be added here (if he ever recovers mentally from playing in a side that concedes clear chances and set pieces so often it seems deliberate - assume he leaves though).
« Last Edit: October 2, 2020, 12:05:08 am by Classycara »

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #994 on: October 2, 2020, 05:32:06 am »
I love him. He seem like the right character to have at the club. Always smiling and positive, and you can see he's chuffed to be part of this club.

« Last Edit: October 2, 2020, 05:35:11 am by Ravishing Rick Rude »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #995 on: October 2, 2020, 05:35:28 am »
His topic is locked from before the real lockdown hit... Mods, would you please reopen it?

Just wanted to give the guy some well deserved kudos for saving that shot, a penalty and almost caught the last one. Not too shabby, is he?!

He may not be on par with Alisson, but to those who caused his thread to be locked, name a better second keeper in the league. 

Dean Henderson?

Seriously though, he is a really good second keeper because he knows his role in the squad and mixes well with the keeper group. Then when called upon usually does a really good job, so agree there aren't many better around.

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #996 on: October 2, 2020, 06:00:42 am »
Keeper is definitely one position where you're very unlikely to get top class back up.
You need a fella who is pretty reliable when called upon, won't kick up a fuss if not playing, and I think Adrian is that and more.
Capable of some great shot stopping too.

I like him and we'd struggle to do better as a back up.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: October 2, 2020, 12:49:23 pm »
He had an excellent game last night. Some first-class saves and all-round presence in the box was generally very reassuring. Really pleased for him.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #998 on: October 4, 2020, 09:07:26 pm »
I honestly would pick any of our youth keepers for the derby.

I think this will be his last season with us though.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #999 on: October 4, 2020, 09:08:09 pm »
The 3 deflected goals honestly couldn’t have done much about, but the rest was shocking. He set the tone for the game from min 4