Author Topic: Welcome Adrian  (Read 154726 times)

Offline Norse Red

• Kopite
  • Forever Red!
Re: Welcome Adrian
« Reply #1040 on: October 4, 2020, 09:21:34 pm »
I've had just about enough og this guy. Can we have Kelleher in the next game please?

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #1041 on: October 5, 2020, 08:16:20 am »
It’s like having Pickford in goal.
Hey. Hey now. Steady there. Let's not go overboard.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: October 5, 2020, 08:21:09 am »
He set the tone for this shit performance.

Absolute shocking that he is just so bad with the ball at his feet, he cannot even do the simple thing of angling a simple pass to a player 5 yards away.

I'm dreading the Derby now with him as the GK.
I fear any game with him goal I've never ever been more angry with a Liverpool player than I am with this guy, as soon as the opposition see that he's in that lineup that gives them the license to shoot on sight and if they do they are pretty certain they will score. For example that Lacazette chance last Monday night if that's Adrian he's never missing that he only missed that because of the fear of seeing Alisson bearing down on him in front of goal.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1043 on: October 5, 2020, 08:42:56 am »
Just goes to show that Alisson is arguably the most important player in this side.

There is complete trust and organisation in that defence when he plays. Without him they lose the plot.

This is not just on the back of this result, we've seen this play out time and time again.

The players simply don't trust Adrian and they lose their focus and organisation trying to compensate for this somehow.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: October 5, 2020, 08:49:06 am »
He was brilliant last season in the league when Alisson was missing, and winning that super-cup gave him a massive boost . Seems like all that wasn't due to his quality and his mentality but his enthusiasm. Now that enthusiasm tank has emptied, we're left with a GK that nobody wanted on a free.

GK position is crucial. Just look at Chelsea.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #1045 on: October 5, 2020, 08:50:31 am »
A little perspective.

He wasn't great at the very start of last season, but then he hadn't played for a while. He improved, and if you read back in this thread most posters were pretty happy with him.

Then came the game against AM. Again, he hadn't played for a while and made a bad error which got us out of the competition.

Then today, again he hadn't played for a while and made a mistake.

This happens to lots of players. Lovren, Matip both stank the place out after returning from injury then played very well. Not many players play well after a long absence.

He'll most likely be in goal for a fair few games now. Let's see how he does. He won't be Alisson, but then no one is Alisson.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1046 on: October 5, 2020, 08:55:39 am »
Oh here we go again with the toys out of the pram shite.

Slaughter Karius, he's fucking shite get rid blah blah boo fucking hoo. Get a decent back up keeper, isn't to the level of the best keeper in the world, so lets slaughter him, blah blah fucking blah, boo fucking hooo.

Should we go all out to sign Pope from Burnley? Future England No1, never ever ever makes mistakes does he??????
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #1047 on: October 5, 2020, 09:03:53 am »
Oh here we go again with the toys out of the pram shite.

Slaughter Karius, he's fucking shite get rid blah blah boo fucking hoo. Get a decent back up keeper, isn't to the level of the best keeper in the world, so lets slaughter him, blah blah fucking blah, boo fucking hooo.

Should we go all out to sign Pope from Burnley? Future England No1, never ever ever makes mistakes does he??????

Slaughtered Karius and getting Alisson in is another way of looking at it though. Fwiw, I think blind rage towards him is uncalled for, but I think its fair to have concerns over his mental capacity in dealing with his errors and the possible knock-on effect it has on our team.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1048 on: October 5, 2020, 09:07:55 am »
If we can see his not good enough so does Klopp and Edwards. All we can do is back him until he is replaced
This.
They'll know. Just as they knew about Skrtel, Sakho, Ibe, Allen, Benteke etc. They also couldn't have predicted the training ground accident that put Alisson out.

All I can say is thank fuck he didn't cost us the title during the first 10 games last year. While he clearly wasn't to blame for all of the goals, it looks like we are at the stage now where him playing puts doubt in the defenders minds and the Chelsea and Atletico debacles could have contributed to that.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: October 5, 2020, 09:11:16 am »
the mistakes he has made is his relatively little game time is incredible.

Remember Southampton last year. Even when we beat Arsenal at Anfield last season he kicked a ball straight to an Arsenal forward.
Huge part on getting knocked out of FA Cup & CL.

Mistake against Lincoln as well. He is nearly guaranteed one huge error a game.
No wonder he celebrates our trophies with no shame. It is like he won the lottery to be in our squad.

Offline lapapa

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1050 on: October 5, 2020, 09:22:06 am »
I really like Adrian, I really do. He stepped in last season and we became world champions while he was in goal.

Just wish he'd learn from his mistakes though!

https://tiger.cdnja.co/v/9j/9jj3r.mp4?secure=qgXqYLeoJrrCi5kogjIS-Q&expires=1601893800

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: October 5, 2020, 09:24:55 am »
A little perspective.

He wasn't great at the very start of last season, but then he hadn't played for a while. He improved, and if you read back in this thread most posters were pretty happy with him.

Then came the game against AM. Again, he hadn't played for a while and made a bad error which got us out of the competition.

Then today, again he hadn't played for a while and made a mistake.

This happens to lots of players. Lovren, Matip both stank the place out after returning from injury then played very well. Not many players play well after a long absence.

He'll most likely be in goal for a fair few games now. Let's see how he does. He won't be Alisson, but then no one is Alisson.

I’d agree if he hadn’t played twice in the previous week  ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: October 5, 2020, 09:30:43 am »
Slaughtered Karius and getting Alisson in is another way of looking at it though. Fwiw, I think blind rage towards him is uncalled for, but I think its fair to have concerns over his mental capacity in dealing with his errors and the possible knock-on effect it has on our team.

The "supporters" slaughtering Karius didn't make a blind bit of difference, what made the difference was Klopp saw the opportunity to buy the best keeper in the world and took it. Klopp does not listen to the crying arses on social media or on forums, he makes his decisions based on what is in front of him. If he feels he can get a better No2 than Adrian, then he will, if he looks around and sees no-one better then he won't change.

The ONLY impact supporters can have is on the player himself. Slaughter him on his social media, slag him in the grounds (when allowed in) and this can affect them mentally, but the manager will not be swayed.

What us as Liverpool Supporters are supposed to do is fully back the players on the pitch, give them all the backing we can - by all means discuss it on a forum, without resorting to hatred, but keep it off twatter, phone ins and shite like that.

Anyone who cannot behave towards a current Liverpool player needs to fuck off out of our fanbase and go and pollute some other fanbase with their bile.
Jurgen YNWA

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1053 on: October 5, 2020, 09:35:58 am »
The "supporters" slaughtering Karius didn't make a blind bit of difference, what made the difference was Klopp saw the opportunity to buy the best keeper in the world and took it. Klopp does not listen to the crying arses on social media or on forums, he makes his decisions based on what is in front of him. If he feels he can get a better No2 than Adrian, then he will, if he looks around and sees no-one better then he won't change.

The ONLY impact supporters can have is on the player himself. Slaughter him on his social media, slag him in the grounds (when allowed in) and this can affect them mentally, but the manager will not be swayed.

What us as Liverpool Supporters are supposed to do is fully back the players on the pitch, give them all the backing we can - by all means discuss it on a forum, without resorting to hatred, but keep it off twatter, phone ins and shite like that.

Anyone who cannot behave towards a current Liverpool player needs to fuck off out of our fanbase and go and pollute some other fanbase with their bile.

Well said. Couldn't have put it better.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #1054 on: October 5, 2020, 09:39:33 am »
I thought he did OK at the start of last season, but the defence seemed to be more solid last season and wasn't tested as much.

It's clear that there's a massive drop in quality when Allison isn't in nets, yes he was poor yesterday, but so was most of the team.

Yeah he might need replaced, realised that after the madrid game last season, but until that happens there's no point in slating the guy on social media etc as it'll only knock his confidence even more.

If the 10 in front of them play like they can, then it shouldn't be any major drama having him in nets until Allison is back.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: October 5, 2020, 09:40:20 am »
Nothing against the lad, he obviously seems a popular character in the squad and knows his role, but he's not good enough and he's never been good enough, even for a second choice. The amount of mistakes made per game played going back to last season is nothing short of staggering. We have enough resilience and quality to bounce back from this and go back to our winning ways despite his glaring shortcomings, but Ali being out for 4/6 weeks (if confirmed) is the only thing I'm genuinely worried about after yesterday.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Online sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1056 on: October 5, 2020, 09:41:45 am »
It’s really frustrating to watch him at times. He makes some really good saves but then his mistakes are way too frequent. I guess not being a regular starter doesn’t help to build his confidence levels but right now I’m all for giving Kelleher a chance.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: October 5, 2020, 09:44:12 am »
In football you can only make judgements on what is to come based on what has happened prior. Alissons injuries no matter how unfortunate they may be and our lack of an acceptable goalkeeper to step in for him could be the difference between one of the greatest period in the clubs history vs a great side. 2 clean sheets in 10 league games(sheffield and burnley) and a career low save % since he joined.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: October 5, 2020, 09:44:45 am »
It's the same mistakes again and again which is the biggest problem. He thinks he's better with his feet then he actually is and rather than just clearing his lines at times he tries to replicate Alisson's ability with a fraction of the talent.

And before anyone comes out with the whole "oh we must tell him to play like that" you can clearly see Klopp gesturing to clear the ball out when he fucks up.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #1059 on: October 5, 2020, 09:45:00 am »
Lovely chap, but he is not up to it. He is even worse than Mignolet.
He did an OK job last season when Alisson was out - saying he did great or that we were raving about him is an exaggeration. Every time he is in goal, you can see he is a poor keeper.

Offline muszka

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1060 on: October 5, 2020, 09:47:52 am »
His part in yesterday's trashing is bigger than some may think. It took only 3 minutes for the whole team to start thinking: "Fuck there is still 90 minutes to play with him in goal". That is a confidence killer and although players shouldn't be influenced by that they're only human and it can happen.

About Adrian, he's not good with his feet. Just kick the ball as hard as you can up the pitch when you don't feel comfortable, how hard is that?

As for 3 deflected goals. I still remeber the discussion when Alisson was in godmode and strikers were missing shots just because they knew that to score against him they need to make an absolutely perfect shot. With Adrian it's shoot at first sight because he's bound to make mistakes and they got lucky with 3 deflections.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2020, 09:51:00 am by muszka »

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1061 on: October 5, 2020, 09:58:59 am »
He makes the mistakes. But, seems like the rest of the team are de-moralized a bit too much after the mistake. Same thing against Atletico. Granted it was extra-time, but the lads downed tools. Same thing today, as if everyone was willing to shirk responsibility of fighting in midfield.
He set the tone, but then I was expecting others to show more fight. Being bullied by the likes of Barkley and Grealish isn't good.
We just weren't up for it physically. Trent put in a horrendous performance. It was as if no one fancied putting much effort and expected an easy game. Fabinho is a mystery as well, he is generally very good, but when he has a bad day he has an absolute stinker in midfield.
So although Adrian doesn't inspire confidence, we need to be realistic and know that too many players put in a bad performance.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: October 5, 2020, 10:24:28 am »
He makes the mistakes. But, seems like the rest of the team are de-moralized a bit too much after the mistake. Same thing against Atletico. Granted it was extra-time, but the lads downed tools. Same thing today, as if everyone was willing to shirk responsibility of fighting in midfield.
He set the tone, but then I was expecting others to show more fight. Being bullied by the likes of Barkley and Grealish isn't good.
We just weren't up for it physically. Trent put in a horrendous performance. It was as if no one fancied putting much effort and expected an easy game. Fabinho is a mystery as well, he is generally very good, but when he has a bad day he has an absolute stinker in midfield.
So although Adrian doesn't inspire confidence, we need to be realistic and know that too many players put in a bad performance.

Pretty much this.

I'm more disappointed in the other players than I am Adrian.

We know he isn't very good, it's not a major shock... But we don't expect the team to down tools like they did.

Adrian isn't as big a concern as many make out. He wasn't very good last year, and he played many games. Yes he cost us in a big game... but that's one game. One game wont cost us the league.

What will cost us, is if we don't sort out that high line nonsense.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1063 on: October 5, 2020, 10:24:30 am »
Allison suffers an injury some expect Allison to replace Allison.
Despite any shortcomings Adrian may have he is still a very good No2 here.
Worse than Mignolet & Karius..not for me.
Take a look at No2's elsewhere..Kepa, Runarrson, Carson for example..better than some No1's stealing a living in the prem.
Perspective & a bit of respect too.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: October 5, 2020, 10:25:06 am »
James Pearce saying don't expect any more incomings, it's all about outgoings today for us.

Offline Carra-ton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: October 5, 2020, 10:27:44 am »
Pretty much this.

I'm more disappointed in the other players than I am Adrian.

We know he isn't very good, it's not a major shock... But we don't expect the team to down tools like they did.

Adrian isn't as big a concern as many make out. He wasn't very good last year, and he played many games. Yes he cost us in a big game... but that's one game. One game wont cost us the league.

What will cost us, is if we don't sort out that high line nonsense.
Don't agree that we should not play a high line. That is the most effective way to dominate a match. We just kind of were not up to the fight of winning challenges. Without earning the right to play you can never succeed.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: October 5, 2020, 10:33:15 am »
He can’t be trusted in goal for another match and I don’t think he’ll be picked again. Too many errors in him, last night and madrid last season was pretty unbelievable really and I think those players felt a sense of deja vu after that first went in last night, I know they should be stronger mentally, but it doesn’t ooze confidence when it keeps happening, their still only human.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1067 on: October 5, 2020, 10:38:46 am »
Look he's clearly not the best back up we could have but he's not as bad as some are making out. Obviously at fault for the first and fuck knows what he was doing for the header against the bar but no fault attached to him for the rest. Goalkeepers all over the shop making mistakes currently, including Ali, so not just him.

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1068 on: October 5, 2020, 10:40:03 am »
He can’t be trusted in goal for another match and I don’t think he’ll be picked again. Too many errors in him, last night and madrid last season was pretty unbelievable really and I think those players felt a sense of deja vu after that first went in last night, I know they should be stronger mentally, but it doesn’t ooze confidence when it keeps happening, their still only human.

With Alisson out for up to 6 weeks, it’s either Adrian or Kelleher in goal. Now I’ve never seen Kelleher play, but the guy has never played a single minute of premier league football, and with the next game being the derby, do you stick with Adrian and hope he remembers how to be a keeper or put an untested youngster in? 

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1069 on: October 5, 2020, 10:44:03 am »
I don't want to pile on the bloke, he played his part in the league for us last season, but it does feel now like we're at the same point with him as we were with Karius where just his presence in the team is causing confusion and uncertainty.

I don't think he's a terrible goalkeeper, but if you go back to the FA Cup game against Chelsea and the CL game against Atletico Madrid, he's begun to make mistakes that are costing us goals every time he plays. We know that distribution is an issue with him, I can't believe that no one on the coaching staff or the squad hasn't told him by now to just kick it down the pitch rather than try to play out from the back, because we know he can't do it well enough.

Last night was a collective failure, but his mistake for the first goal set the tone and I worry that the defence do not have any confidence or trust in him. He's become a big concern and it's very difficult, almost impossible at this point, to have any confidence that he's not going to cost us again in the weeks ahead while we wait for Alisson to recover.

Offline muszka

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1070 on: October 5, 2020, 10:48:45 am »
do you stick with Adrian and hope he remembers how to be a keeper or put an untested youngster in?

Well as the worst thing a youngster could do would be to literally pass the ball the the opponent I don't think we have much to lose as Adrian does it on a daily basis.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #1071 on: October 5, 2020, 11:00:22 am »
Look he's clearly not the best back up we could have but he's not as bad as some are making out. Obviously at fault for the first and fuck knows what he was doing for the header against the bar but no fault attached to him for the rest. Goalkeepers all over the shop making mistakes currently, including Ali, so not just him.

Pretty much this  :scarf
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1072 on: October 5, 2020, 11:00:57 am »
Even looking past the massive drop off in quality from Alisson to Adrian, there's a couple more concerning aspects to it.

First off, because of how good Alisson is, we're not in a situation where Adrian might play 10 world class games in a row and be breathing down his neck, he knows his role, and that is a good thing, but he knows bar injury he'll never displace Alisson. Second thing is, at the age of 33 and his career into it's final act, we can all safely say it's never going to get better for him than it did last season. He didn't make his top flight debut with Betis until he was about 26, and the most impressive thing you can give him before last season's contributions was the fact he played over 100 league games for West Ham, where the fans seemed to have a lot of time for him, if not all for his keeping abilities. Not faulting his experience or even his character, but honestly, and I hate overreacting to defeats, but in the next few games that he'll be in for, and he does probably have to play them with only Kelleher behind him, I'm feeling very wary that another hiding may come. I fucking pray it's not in the derby or against abu dhabi.

So here we are again, and we're going to have to rely on him for some massive games ahead. How I wish we could be in the stadium to get behind him, but that's just not the way it is. Like I say, I'd definitely keep him in for the games ahead, but make no mistake, if he fucks up again we'll have to play Kelleher and get shut in January.

Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Carra-ton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: October 5, 2020, 11:01:32 am »
I think the team has given up on Adrian though. The way the team reacted to that mistake, was very much the way the team reacted to Mignolet towards the end of his time here, they simply lost all confidence.
I think Klopp has a major decision to make, because I just think Kelleher is an infinitely better keeper.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: October 5, 2020, 11:06:29 am »
Can’t see why he’s taking so much of the flak. He was responsible for 1 of the 7 goals... it was a shocking performance from the whole team and not just the goalkeeper. To react the way we did and be second to everything across the pitch - like we did, was the reason we got battered more than anything.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: October 5, 2020, 11:09:35 am »
Obviously really poor for the first goal (although so was Robertson and so was Gomez) and I do think teams now playing against us with him in goal have not as much to fear, but I can’t see Klopp essentially scapegoating for making the push for a goalkeeper today. Seems like the kind of short-term decision that we’ve not went for since he’s been in charge.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: October 5, 2020, 11:12:14 am »
Can’t see why he’s taking so much of the flak. He was responsible for 1 of the 7 goals... it was a shocking performance from the whole team and not just the goalkeeper. To react the way we did and be second to everything across the pitch - like we did, was the reason we got battered more than anything.

I think it wasn't just Adrian and yes the whole team where utter gash but i don't think you can underestimate the importance of having a goalkeeper the defence can trust. Besides the regular mistakes he makes you'd forgive that if he was a top rate shot stopper but he's not. He's also completely rancid with the ball at his feet. He's the complete polar opposite to what the lads are used to.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1077 on: October 5, 2020, 11:13:03 am »

Opta stats: Adrián has made five errors directly leading to opposition goals in his 21 appearances for Liverpool in all competitions; as many as counterpart Alisson has in 92 such matches.

That doesn't even account for his general shit aura and panic that he causes.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: October 5, 2020, 11:14:42 am »
James Pearce saying don't expect any more incomings, it's all about outgoings today for us.

So you’re saying there is a chance he might leave  ;)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1079 on: October 5, 2020, 11:19:42 am »
Went through this with Mignolet so not massively up to arguing about it again but when you see a shitshow of a defence with defenders playing way below their level you’re missing the point if you’re posting ‘it’s not on the keeper’ - you’re misunderstanding how back line work

As for Adrian as an individual
We can’t play with a keeper who doesn’t / can’t sweep
The gap between the back line and him is a yawning chasm. If we drop the line to counter this we can no longer press as we want to. He massively affects how we play

Aside from style he’s a mile off where we need him to be. His save analytics are some of the worst in the league and his distribution is horrible

People will point to positive results we’ve had with him in goal. We’re an outstanding team so we’ll have great results whoever is in goal. But you can take his best period in the side (the start of last season) and look at our actual performances not just results. Since then it’s been a downhill slide and right now he looks totally lost as a player regardless of ability

He really should have been moved on at the end of last season.
It’s a situation that requires ruthlessness simply because he’s always one player away from the first team.