Author Topic: Welcome Adrian  (Read 154767 times)

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome Adrian
« Reply #880 on: February 12, 2020, 08:35:52 pm »
Good interview...like the guy but don't think we need to start talking about 40m or this or that amount. I believe his contract is only upto 2021. The club is continuously evaluating him, he has been in important games , they will know enough about him.
To my non professional eyes, he fits the bill for no 2 at Liverpool, if the clubs evaluating is the same, they will offer him an extension and thats that. If not, it still might not be worth the gamble to get a new number 2 for next season, so just let him be for another year.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #881 on: February 12, 2020, 09:55:56 pm »
Yeah.  I realise now my head ruled my heart when I talked about £40m for a backup keeper.   ;D

He's clearly worth that to us, but realistically £20m plus or minus £5m is more likely.  My only rationale was that Pickford went for £30m, and Adrian is clearly far better than him and would be bought as a first choice by most clubs.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #882 on: February 12, 2020, 10:05:19 pm »
Yeah.  I realise now my head ruled my heart when I talked about £40m for a backup keeper.   ;D

He's clearly worth that to us, but realistically £20m plus or minus £5m is more likely.  My only rationale was that Pickford went for £30m, and Adrian is clearly far better than him and would be bought as a first choice by most clubs.

as he is 33, and will have 1 year left on his deal after this season I don't think he'd be going for a big fee, not that it matters.

I'd love it if he stuck around another season, he can get a good 2 or 3 more seasons in eleswhere after! But wouldn't begrudge him if he wanted to go in the summer.

Offline Castel

• Boys Pen
« Reply #883 on: February 12, 2020, 10:20:15 pm »
West Ham made a big mistake in letting him go for nothing.

Adrian moved to the European Champions and Premier League leaders.

He is now at a club where he is part of team not just challenging but winning titles and not looking one bit out of place.

A defined trade up by him.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #884 on: March 3, 2020, 10:21:27 pm »
His push onto the bar was one of the greatest saves I’ve ever seen. Shame it meant nothing in the overall context.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #885 on: March 3, 2020, 11:14:41 pm »
Yes he messed up on the 1st goal but he made some quality saves again today. Can hold his head up high.

Perfect backup keeper and hope he stays on with us.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #886 on: March 4, 2020, 12:08:59 am »
One could say that he did his bit to keep us in the competition until this game. Did a few very special saves during the game as well.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #887 on: March 4, 2020, 01:02:36 am »
Cannot blame him too much but he was in such a rush to play out.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #888 on: March 4, 2020, 11:44:51 am »
I'm very happy with him as a second choice keeper ( who had to play in many meaningful games for us). Even in the game yesterday despite his mistake ( really, why didn't he punch it away to his right?), he saved our ass twice from certain goals.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #889 on: March 4, 2020, 11:49:40 am »
He has not been convincing. Yes, he did a fairly good job during Alisson's absence, but he is as bad as Pickford (who I hear is still England's No. 1 - so not tooo baaad)

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #890 on: March 4, 2020, 12:03:55 pm »
He has not been convincing. Yes, he did a fairly good job during Alisson's absence, but he is as bad as Pickford (who I hear is still England's No. 1 - so not tooo baaad)

Bullshit. He has played his part in our league run. Revisionism based on one error.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #891 on: March 4, 2020, 12:05:37 pm »

no
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #892 on: March 4, 2020, 12:41:58 pm »
Adrian had a rocky moment
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #893 on: March 4, 2020, 01:19:02 pm »
When goalies screw up it usually leads to a goal - when an outfield player screws up it usually leads to a loss of possession.

Shit happens - I like him  :)

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #894 on: March 4, 2020, 01:29:00 pm »
When goalies screw up it usually leads to a goal - when an outfield player screws up it usually leads to a loss of possession.

Shit happens - I like him  :)

Yes he had one moment but that happens to all goalkeepers. He also pulled off some great saves. The main culpret in the first goal was.....well about three players who messed up and gave the ball back to Chelsea.

As a 2nd keeper, Adrian is up there with the best.
#JFT97

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #895 on: March 4, 2020, 01:32:33 pm »
Some shitty comments aimed towards him last night. It was an error. He's hardly put a foot wrong since joining us.

Not sure what people want as a reserve keeper. Alisson standards minus the beard?

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #896 on: March 4, 2020, 02:00:47 pm »
The lad has been fantastic for us. A great acquisition. You don't become a bad keeper after one clanger. He's as good a reserve keeper as you could possibly hope for.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #897 on: March 4, 2020, 03:29:14 pm »
he is as bad as Pickford

I think he's been great for us, involved in some top moments and cemented himself as a proper Liverpool player.

Dropped a bollock last night, but they all do.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #898 on: March 4, 2020, 03:38:22 pm »
I like him a lot, seems a great fella and he's a really good keeper, made a few amazing saves in the 15 or so games he's played.

The first goal last night was poor though, and he's definitely really eager to get the ball back in play straight away, which to be fair, the same could be said for Alisson, just he's better at it.

I still hope he's the number 2 next season, he's got a lot of experience and is reliable.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #899 on: March 4, 2020, 03:38:33 pm »
West Ham made a big mistake in letting him go for nothing.

Adrian moved to the European Champions and Premier League leaders.

He is now at a club where he is part of team not just challenging but winning titles and not looking one bit out of place.

A defined trade up by him.

And you forgot he is a Champion of the World
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #900 on: March 4, 2020, 03:40:38 pm »
And you forgot he is a Champion of the World
You’re wrong. He’s the champion of the wooooooooorld.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #901 on: March 4, 2020, 03:54:32 pm »
Some shitty comments aimed towards him last night. It was an error. He's hardly put a foot wrong since joining us.

Not sure what people want as a reserve keeper. Alisson standards minus the beard?

Some right fucking bellends following us these days. He made a couple of great saves that kept us in the game, then got caught out by a mistake after a fuck up by the defence.

He's been great for us.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #902 on: March 4, 2020, 04:11:32 pm »
Fuck-off, he's better than that clown.

Offline muszka

• Anny Roader
« Reply #903 on: March 4, 2020, 07:50:56 pm »
The lad has been fantastic for us. A great acquisition. You don't become a bad keeper after one clanger. He's as good a reserve keeper as you could possibly hope for.

He played in 10 games in the league this season and we won every single one of them. He's gotta be one of the most deserving a medal back-up keeper in a title winning side for sure?

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #904 on: March 4, 2020, 08:45:32 pm »
Anyone got a gif of the push onto the bar? It got a bit lost in the post match reaction but it really was an incredible save.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #905 on: March 4, 2020, 09:32:41 pm »
He helped us so much over the course of this season that he could make a few more howlers and I would still like him.

Offline kaikarden

• Kemlynite
« Reply #906 on: March 5, 2020, 08:30:56 am »
He helped us so much over the course of this season that he could make a few more howlers and I would still like him.

Seems great in the dressing room as well. Let's not forget Alisson has made errors that have lead to goals and got very lucky on occasion. Adrian is a credit to the club.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #907 on: March 5, 2020, 11:02:39 am »
Some right fucking bellends following us these days. He made a couple of great saves that kept us in the game, then got caught out by a mistake after a fuck up by the defence.

He's been great for us.
Yeah always been the odd person that seems to revel in our defeats or using scapegoats.

He has been good for us especially at the start of the season which some seem to have forgot.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #908 on: March 5, 2020, 11:45:59 am »

That's gotta be bait...

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #909 on: March 5, 2020, 11:50:13 am »
Can’t believe Adrian is getting stick, some of our fans are absolute bellends. Probably the same dickheads that were criticizing Klopp for not fielding a full strength team vs Villa is the Haribo Cup.

Offline CaseRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #910 on: March 5, 2020, 11:51:16 am »
Adrian had a rocky moment
This didn't get the credit it deserved. Well Played

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #911 on: March 5, 2020, 01:19:46 pm »
Can’t believe Adrian is getting stick, some of our fans are absolute bellends. Probably the same dickheads that were criticizing Klopp for not fielding a full strength team vs Villa is the Haribo Cup.

I think the players need to be treated equally, and my issue would be that Lovren got a shit load of grief for making mistakes against Watford, whilst people fall over themselves to defend Adrian. He's a good back-up keeper and seems like a great guy, but if people say 'he needs to be able to step in without fault as fourth choice centre back' about Lovren, then the same should be true of Adrian.

He did well when covering for Alisson, and his key strength is that he plays in a very similar style to our number one. But if he makes such a blatant error (despite his great saves) then I think it is fair to criticize - although not call him stupid names, obviously.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #912 on: March 5, 2020, 04:45:06 pm »
He's clearly not as good as Alisson, but is as good a No2 as most sides have.

He had a dodgy start, particularly against Southampton and did something else stupid (got closed down again if memory serves) and yes that was a howler against Chelsea.

Having said that he made a worldie literally a minute earlier against Chelsea and also a wonder save v Napoli away and has been generally solid when called upon.

I've always felt people were generally happy with him as back up seems like a top bloke living the dream to me.

I just think a few people's heads have fallen off recently...

Boris, Brexit, Corona and now Liverpool have lost a couple of games, it's the end of civilisation don't ya know  ;)
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #913 on: March 5, 2020, 04:54:50 pm »
I think the players need to be treated equally, and my issue would be that Lovren got a shit load of grief for making mistakes against Watford, whilst people fall over themselves to defend Adrian. He's a good back-up keeper and seems like a great guy, but if people say 'he needs to be able to step in without fault as fourth choice centre back' about Lovren, then the same should be true of Adrian.

He did well when covering for Alisson, and his key strength is that he plays in a very similar style to our number one. But if he makes such a blatant error (despite his great saves) then I think it is fair to criticize - although not call him stupid names, obviously.

It is not fair to criticise a player for making one mistake. Wish he hadn't made it? Fine? Hope he doesn't repeat it? Fine. However criticism should be reserved for players who consistently return poor performances or who don't put in the effort required. Klopp has none of those players, he has players who have a bad game every now and then and none who don't put a shift in. The problem is throw away lines which used to be reserved for the alehouse now become valid comments whether or not the person has ever been to a game or knows anything about football. It's as though an entitlement has emerged where any ill informed, vitriolic, hyperbolic comment is valid and deserves respect. When other half wits start repeating it, it becomes an accepted view e.g. Lovren is shit, Hendo only passes sideways. The internet is great but is sure makes for some depressing reading.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #914 on: March 5, 2020, 07:20:10 pm »

Those giving Lovren shit need to have a word with themselves as well.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #915 on: March 5, 2020, 08:38:13 pm »
Those giving Lovren shit need to have a word with themselves as well.

Self?
Yes?
Lovren's shit.
Agreed.

:D

(I like Lovren and think he's a good backup CB for us, would start numerous places)

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #916 on: March 6, 2020, 02:17:43 pm »
C'mon you mad bastard, be all you can be.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #917 on: March 6, 2020, 02:20:45 pm »
He has made some amazing saves, and been a hero before for us. Just needs to be calm and rise to the challenge

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #918 on: March 6, 2020, 03:07:31 pm »
Time to shine once again our Spanish super sub goalie.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #919 on: March 6, 2020, 03:11:00 pm »
He's got the cock up out of his system so looking forward to some clean sheets.