Author Topic: Skybet Championship Thread  (Read 197886 times)

Online Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
Re: Skybet Championship Thread
« Reply #3040 on: January 12, 2024, 09:57:34 pm »
Cracker!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3041 on: January 12, 2024, 09:58:34 pm »
He has deserved that I don't think he's put a foot wrong tonight.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3042 on: January 12, 2024, 10:00:51 pm »
I have been impressed with Morton today such a good passer of the ball.
Not a bad shot on him either :)
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3043 on: January 12, 2024, 10:04:33 pm »
Not a bad shot on him either :)

He's trying to score more goals at the moment, he has a really good shot on him. I hope he and Carvalho link up well at Hull.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3044 on: January 12, 2024, 10:12:08 pm »
Norwich keeper kept them in it. Morton really good.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3045 on: January 12, 2024, 10:47:55 pm »
I have a lot of time for Rosenior as a coach and manager with the way he articulates himself and goes about his business as a coach. I think he has a lot of potential to be managing at the highest level in the PL. Hope he gets a chance in year or two at a PL club.

Astute observation that. Completely agree with you. Good luck to him.

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3046 on: January 12, 2024, 10:55:33 pm »
I have a lot of time for Rosenior as a coach and manager with the way he articulates himself and goes about his business as a coach. I think he has a lot of potential to be managing at the highest level in the PL. Hope he gets a chance in year or two at a PL club.
I always enjoyed his punditry. Seemed a very level-headed guy who analysed match incidents on their merits. I knew he wouldn't last long in modern media. ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3047 on: January 14, 2024, 01:26:06 pm »
Jake Livermore has just score twice in 5 minutes for Watford. This surprised me, as I had t heard that name since…2012 ish? Was he in the books at Spurs and then move to somewhere like Hull? Had no idea he was still going.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #3048 on: January 14, 2024, 01:28:57 pm »
Amazing how Troy Deeney can sit there taking a pay packet to offer his wisdom, when his managerial career is going so badly and he’s blaming everyone but himself for it.
AHA!

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3049 on: January 14, 2024, 04:14:58 pm »
Amazing how Troy Deeney can sit there taking a pay packet to offer his wisdom, when his managerial career is going so badly and he’s blaming everyone but himself for it.

The chairman there has lost the plot. Duncan Ferguson appointed last season - rock bottom and relegated. Troy Deeney this season and they're heading out the EFL.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3050 on: January 15, 2024, 02:33:58 pm »
Jake Livermore has just score twice in 5 minutes for Watford. This surprised me, as I had t heard that name since…2012 ish? Was he in the books at Spurs and then move to somewhere like Hull? Had no idea he was still going.

Was it him who had a break from football for mental health reasons after his child died years ago? Can't believe he's still around!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3051 on: January 15, 2024, 02:57:44 pm »
Was it him who had a break from football for mental health reasons after his child died years ago? Can't believe he's still around!

That does ring a bell. I know it’s really hard to place dates and years since Covid so it might be a lot more recent than I’m thinking but that all feels over 10 years ago. He obviously played for QPR at some point too as he refused to celebrate both goals.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3052 on: January 15, 2024, 02:58:16 pm »
He seemed to very quickly go from an England international to a steady Championship midfielder.  I'm sure there was a season where Hull had two former England international midfielders in the prime of their careers playing in the Championship, the other being Tom Huddlestone.

I think he scored against us once as well.  One of those classic moments where a player that scores once in about every 20 games pops up and bundles one in against us.  Or maybe that was Huddlestone...

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3053 on: January 15, 2024, 03:03:54 pm »
He seemed to very quickly go from an England international to a steady Championship midfielder.  I'm sure there was a season where Hull had two former England international midfielders in the prime of their careers playing in the Championship, the other being Tom Huddlestone.

I think he scored against us once as well.  One of those classic moments where a player that scores once in about every 20 games pops up and bundles one in against us.  Or maybe that was Huddlestone...

Just googled him! He scored in that 3-1 win for Hull against us in 13/14. First capped for England in 2012 and was on a standby list for the 2018 World Cup. Blimey!

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3054 on: January 15, 2024, 03:24:50 pm »

Glad you mentioned Huddlestone as I think in my mind I mix these two up or think of them as the same player sometimes
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3055 on: January 18, 2024, 09:01:50 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68024708

Not sure if there's a League 2 thread elsewhere, but Troy Deeney's illustrious management stint at Forest Green has come to an end after a grand total of 6 games and 3 points. He was doing his pundit gigs the day before matches apparently, publicly shredded his players, and had already got banned for the next four games earlier today. Talk about leadership.

Another one of those predictably disastrous appointments where pretty much every fan could see from day 1 what the experts who hired Deeney could not, just like with Rooney and Birmingham.

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3056 on: January 18, 2024, 09:09:04 pm »
What on earth FGR saw in Deeney in the first place is a complete mystery. He must interview really well...

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3057 on: January 18, 2024, 09:17:54 pm »
What on earth FGR saw in Deeney in the first place is a complete mystery. He must interview really well...

Bear in mind, this is a club that also hired Duncan Ferguson as manager.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3058 on: January 18, 2024, 09:21:29 pm »
Deeney must have come across like Professor Brian Cox after dealing with Ferguson.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #3059 on: January 18, 2024, 10:20:02 pm »
Not to worry, I’m sure Sky will be filling his pockets at the weekend for some more wisdom. Money for old rope.
AHA!

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3060 on: January 18, 2024, 10:28:35 pm »

Didn't they appoint a woman as manager for about 2 days last summer and then got rid? Two days longer than Duncan Ferguson ever should have lasted at anything more than putting the cones out.

Owner has lost the plot there.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3061 on: January 18, 2024, 10:30:42 pm »
Didn't they appoint a woman as manager for about 2 days last summer and then got rid? Two days longer than Duncan Ferguson ever should have lasted at anything more than putting the cones out.

Owner has lost the plot there.
Yes, Hannah Dingley.  She's still there as the academy coach.  It must be galling for her to see the procession of neanderthals rolling through the top job.

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3062 on: January 19, 2024, 07:57:01 pm »
Morton and Carvalho start for Hull vs Sunderland.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3063 on: January 19, 2024, 08:04:44 pm »
Morton and Carvalho start for Hull vs Sunderland.

Any streams for this? My usual one seems to have disappeared.

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3064 on: January 19, 2024, 08:09:14 pm »
The first one here is currently working.

https://v8.soccerstreamlinks.com/detail-match/11372750

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3065 on: January 19, 2024, 08:44:20 pm »
Morton gets booked for a cynical challenge.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3066 on: January 19, 2024, 08:45:07 pm »
Carvalho mostly lazying around the pitch.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3067 on: January 19, 2024, 08:51:41 pm »
The first one here is currently working.

https://v8.soccerstreamlinks.com/detail-match/11372750

Cheers.

Seems to be something lacking in this Hull side watching the last couple of games. Particularly going forward.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3068 on: January 19, 2024, 09:32:36 pm »
Carvalho scores.
Heavily deflected shot.
He has been otherwise utterly horrible.

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3069 on: January 19, 2024, 09:33:52 pm »
Big deflection but excellent technique.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3070 on: January 19, 2024, 09:35:06 pm »
Carvalho scores.
Heavily deflected shot.

They've struggled generally going forward. The goal was the the first thing they've done all game.

Looked a cracking goal on first viewings but may have been an OG. Carvalho does have that ability to come alive in the box.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3071 on: January 19, 2024, 09:39:42 pm »
It’s not just their attack, which has been horrible, but his level of effort. I counted half dozen times he lost the ball and then switched off for 30 seconds, stopped running altogether.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3072 on: January 19, 2024, 09:44:05 pm »
It’s not just their attack, which has been horrible, but his level of effort. I counted half dozen times he lost the ball and then switched off for 30 seconds, stopped running altogether.

I think his problem is he's a luxury player which can work in the right setup like he had at Fulham, but he's not a grafter like Elliott.

Hull in more need of a striker and some pace out wide from what i've seen of them, the forward line looks woeful and Carvalho hasn't got much to play around with their attack.

Offline BeingJohnMarkovic

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #3073 on: January 19, 2024, 09:52:26 pm »
Carvalho scores.
Heavily deflected shot.

Just been awarded player of the match :D
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #3074 on: January 19, 2024, 09:54:26 pm »
I still hope we can do something with Morton. Question is if not next season where do you loan him next? I think it's well established now he's a top Championship midfielder. He probably could have done a job in our squad this season.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #3075 on: January 19, 2024, 09:57:33 pm »
I still hope we can do something with Morton. Question is if not next season where do you loan him next? I think it's well established now he's a top Championship midfielder. He probably could have done a job in our squad this season.

He definitely has a bit of class about him. I'm not sure if another loan next year would achieve much. It might be time for him to either slot into our squad and see how he develops, or be sold to a good Championship or lower level PL team. I'd like to see him get a chance in our squad.
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3076 on: January 19, 2024, 09:57:57 pm »

It depends if Klopp gives him a pre-season with us or not. What may count against him is we're overloaded with good youngsters in midfield (18-22), we need a bit more experience if anything and a better age blend (particularly if Thiago goes).

He's good enough to play for Liverpool though. Question is where he is in relation to Bajcetic and whether we can actually get and keep Baj fit.

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3077 on: January 19, 2024, 09:58:18 pm »
Hull hold on 1-0.

They're back in the play off positions for now. I'm pleased for Liam Rosenior.

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #3078 on: January 19, 2024, 10:09:12 pm »
Hull hold on 1-0.

They're back in the play off positions for now. I'm pleased for Liam Rosenior.

I like Rosenior. He's doing a good job there.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3079 on: January 19, 2024, 10:22:50 pm »
I see some people are desperate for Carvalho to fail at Hull, so they can be proven right :lmao