Author Topic: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)  (Read 464626 times)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)
« Reply #1800 on: May 7, 2020, 06:24:20 am »
Could you imagine the guy who is mocking Vince as World Champion what a terrible look that would be on AEW as a company  ;D

Yeah I can't see it. He's getting that Perfect 10 guy big match. Then he'll stay in the midcard. That's his level.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1801 on: May 7, 2020, 09:12:19 am »
Yeah I can't see it. He's getting that Perfect 10 guy big match. Then he'll stay in the midcard. That's his level.
Yeah he's mid card at best he ain't a great worker and he isn't a great promo what qualities of a main eventer does he have because I can't think of any, Rusev is a free agent at the moment he's far far better than Harper will ever be that's who Moxley should lose to the title to if AEW sign him.

WWE seriously dropped the ball with Rusev he should of been a main eventer with multiple world titles, while that Perfect ten guy and Harper we're exactly where they belonged in that company and they weren't misused as WWE used them at what their level is.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2020, 09:19:55 am by kloppagetime »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1802 on: May 7, 2020, 09:45:28 am »
Jon Moxley Vs Brodie Lee for the title at the next AEW PPV, if Brodie Lee wins the belt then AEW would truly become just another TNA as there is absolutely nothing about Brodie Lee that screams world champion.

From the minimal amount I’ve seen (ie reading spoilers for a couple of minutes once a week maybe) the way they’ve booked Harper is pure TNA. It stinks of ‘come and sign for us and we’ll make you a main eventer’ when he’s never been one and shouldn’t be. A lot of guys aren’t, not everyone gets a main event run. I honestly feel the same with Rusev, he’s a good mid carder.

If this was 1999 you’d have people saying Kurgan needs to leave, he’d be a big star in AEW. There seems to be an idea that if someone isn’t happy with their position in WWE that they’re being held back and could be much better elsewhere. Normally they’re actually where they belong.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1803 on: May 7, 2020, 11:24:37 am »
You have Linda is part of Trump's campaign, Orton usually liked Fox News' tweets, AJ Styles is a flat earth believer, Jericho interviewed Eric Trump on his podcast before and Jake Hager is an open bigot.

The guys who are left leaning are Batista, Rollins and Sami Zayn and that's probably it.

Cena is also probably left leaning because of his Hollywood ties, I remember him criticizing Trump before on one of the morning shows.
Not necessarily, I know the Rock is a Republican, but more in the Schwarzenegger mould of Republicanism rather than the lunatic version currently on show.  Kane I thought was vaguely sensible but turns out he's a Trump fan too.  Rhyno's a Republican, JBL obviously a Republican, Mick Foley is Democrat, then I'm struggling a bit.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1804 on: May 7, 2020, 11:36:59 am »
D-Bry is surely a leftie.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1805 on: May 7, 2020, 11:57:48 am »
From the minimal amount I’ve seen (ie reading spoilers for a couple of minutes once a week maybe) the way they’ve booked Harper is pure TNA. It stinks of ‘come and sign for us and we’ll make you a main eventer’ when he’s never been one and shouldn’t be. A lot of guys aren’t, not everyone gets a main event run. I honestly feel the same with Rusev, he’s a good mid carder.

If this was 1999 you’d have people saying Kurgan needs to leave, he’d be a big star in AEW. There seems to be an idea that if someone isn’t happy with their position in WWE that they’re being held back and could be much better elsewhere. Normally they’re actually where they belong.

Not really. Harper is booked like a monster of the week midcarder, I assume he is losing to Moxley. If anything I assume it is a main event opulled out of necessity due to Corona - the match would likely be Moxley vs MJF or Moxley vs Cody if the build could have been done, but Corona meant it couldn't as Moxley and MJF were stuck in Vegas and New York.

AEW was fucking brilliant last night by the way, with that street fight at the end being properly great.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1806 on: May 7, 2020, 12:00:46 pm »
D-Bry is surely a leftie.

A big one.

I know Killian Dain was quite outspoken against Boris and Brexit as well, which makes up for him being a Manc somewhat.

Cena is actually a known Republican as well, but not MAGA and anti-trump.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1807 on: May 7, 2020, 12:18:29 pm »
Killer (now Karrion) Kross and Scarlett's entrance on NXT was cool, I thought.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1808 on: May 7, 2020, 12:34:29 pm »
Killer (now Karrion) Kross and Scarlett's entrance on NXT was cool, I thought.
Scarlett's part of it was just weird I felt, the whole thing was great but it was just missing a part, or was overacting or something.  Wasn't a home run for me.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #1809 on: May 7, 2020, 01:09:09 pm »
Not really. Harper is booked like a monster of the week midcarder, I assume he is losing to Moxley. If anything I assume it is a main event opulled out of necessity due to Corona - the match would likely be Moxley vs MJF or Moxley vs Cody if the build could have been done, but Corona meant it couldn't as Moxley and MJF were stuck in Vegas and New York.

AEW was fucking brilliant last night by the way, with that street fight at the end being properly great.

Yep. They haven't had the chance to build a Moxley feud with anyone between the PPVs, so if not Brodie Lee, then who? It would probably have been better to just not have a title match but then they'd get criticism for that also.

Really strong first live show back. The main event was just excellent from start to finish (if you watch the Fite TV stream you can hear a very audible "fucking nailed it" after the screen darkens). Archer/Roberts are doing a very effective 'intimidate his whole family' thing on Cody. The only thing I wasn't keen on was Cody's own match, Janela looked way off the pace and it felt plodding. I don't know if it's just ring rust, or if it's just the disparity in ability, but Janela should stick to the more fun stuff on Dark for a while.

Oh, and next week it's Jericho vs his nemesis - Pineapple Pete!
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1810 on: May 7, 2020, 01:34:58 pm »
Yep. They haven't had the chance to build a Moxley feud with anyone between the PPVs, so if not Brodie Lee, then who? It would probably have been better to just not have a title match but then they'd get criticism for that also.

Really strong first live show back. The main event was just excellent from start to finish (if you watch the Fite TV stream you can hear a very audible "fucking nailed it" after the screen darkens). Archer/Roberts are doing a very effective 'intimidate his whole family' thing on Cody. The only thing I wasn't keen on was Cody's own match, Janela looked way off the pace and it felt plodding. I don't know if it's just ring rust, or if it's just the disparity in ability, but Janela should stick to the more fun stuff on Dark for a while.

Oh, and next week it's Jericho vs his nemesis - Pineapple Pete!

The only other one would maybe be like Darby Allin. Could play the match in with the dusty finish last week (shoulders maybe not fully down) as a reward/compensation. Would be a good match as well.

But a classic Face vs Monster Heel is always pretty alright.

The main event was proper DDT wrestling. Omega after a shaky start is maybe the best wrestler in the world right now; he's had a bunch of really great matches this year, and I am not unhappy about bringing DDT style to a more general audience.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2020, 01:36:55 pm by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1811 on: May 7, 2020, 01:38:14 pm »
Haven't watched the past couple of Dynamites but that image of Sammy running from Matt and Kenny in the golf cart was enough to sell me on watching this latest one.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #1812 on: May 7, 2020, 02:19:35 pm »
The main event was proper DDT wrestling. Omega after a shaky start is maybe the best wrestler in the world right now; he's had a bunch of really great matches this year, and I am not unhappy about bringing DDT style to a more general audience.

I've seen a couple of clips and it looked like this was a DDT "Anywhere" style match! I saw him do an Ibushi style moonsault from 20 feet up ;D

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #1813 on: May 7, 2020, 04:06:18 pm »
Haven't watched the past couple of Dynamites but that image of Sammy running from Matt and Kenny in the golf cart was enough to sell me on watching this latest one.

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1814 on: May 7, 2020, 04:19:10 pm »
"run run, young talented wrestler, an old guy from WWE is gonna run you over!"

;D
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1815 on: May 7, 2020, 05:03:59 pm »
Yeah I think the fanbase has moved to the left over the past 10 years or so, but nearly every wrestler I ever see post about politics is right-leaning.

The "Brit Wres" fanbase in particular have turned into just a moral high ground, cancel culture circus. It's as fucking ridiculous as it is hilarious when you know. Most of the guys they idolise are either nonces or absolute sex pests and babyface them on Twitter and in merch queues so they'll buy stuff from them. And the American lads they watch on TV are almost all Republicans. Wrestling is the most ridiculous business on planet earth.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1816 on: May 8, 2020, 12:34:10 am »
Matt Hardy: "I did it for Da Rock"

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1817 on: May 11, 2020, 03:20:23 am »
WWE's new cinematic style isn't for me, has to be said. A lot of it just is desperately trying to be cinema and less wrestling, except it is bad cinema action, bad acting, bad comedy, and just comes out stupid as shit. Basically it turns it from wrestling to a bad TV program.

It's funny, I like DDT's take on comedy and (for lack of a better word) stupid wrestling, mainly because it doesn't try to be anything but wrestling, just a whackier version of it, whilst not labouring the point to let you know this is ridiculous stuff.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1818 on: May 11, 2020, 08:03:20 am »
WWE's new cinematic style isn't for me, has to be said. A lot of it just is desperately trying to be cinema and less wrestling, except it is bad cinema action, bad acting, bad comedy, and just comes out stupid as shit. Basically it turns it from wrestling to a bad TV program.

It's funny, I like DDT's take on comedy and (for lack of a better word) stupid wrestling, mainly because it doesn't try to be anything but wrestling, just a whackier version of it, whilst not labouring the point to let you know this is ridiculous stuff.

I think it's just something to change it up a bit. Pure wrestling with no crowd interaction could easily get boring. Crazy spots and high risk moves would be nowhere near as fun for the wrestlers without crowd reaction. The cinematic stuff just gives an alternative. Hopefully it won't continue after the crowds are allowed back
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1819 on: May 11, 2020, 09:26:14 am »
RIP Rey Mysterio and Aleister Black.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1820 on: May 11, 2020, 09:48:17 am »
I think it's just something to change it up a bit. Pure wrestling with no crowd interaction could easily get boring. Crazy spots and high risk moves would be nowhere near as fun for the wrestlers without crowd reaction. The cinematic stuff just gives an alternative. Hopefully it won't continue after the crowds are allowed back

I get that, just WWE isn't very good at it in my opinion. It goes from being wrestling, to being the lamest b movie, and lamest American sitcom you can find.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1821 on: May 11, 2020, 12:16:43 pm »
The first part of The Undertaker documentary is really good.

Been to numerous UK house shows and Raw taping but comfortably the biggest 'moment' I saw was The Undertaker and Kane coming out and fighting the Wyatt family. The crowd just erupted for it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 12:20:05 pm by John_P »
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1822 on: May 11, 2020, 12:25:11 pm »

Been to numerous UK house shows and Raw taping but comfortably the biggest 'moment' I saw was The Undertaker and Kane coming out and fighting the Wyatt family. The crowd just erupted for it.

I was at that same show. I was right next to the stage, and could see into the gorilla position. As such I got a bit spoiled because I saw Harper and Rowen dressing up as taker druids, then saw Kane and Taker waiting in the tunnel to come out

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1823 on: May 11, 2020, 12:30:25 pm »
He shouldn't be wrestling anymore but WWE have done a great job of building Taker as a proper attraction.  He's still really over and will get huge pops anywhere, that's someone who really embraced and ran with their gimmick.  Albeit an awesome gimmick.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1824 on: May 11, 2020, 02:12:47 pm »
Anywhere I can watch it? Saw 15 minutes of it on Youtube, he talks a lot about not having it anymore, etc

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1825 on: May 11, 2020, 04:49:26 pm »
Anywhere I can watch it? Saw 15 minutes of it on Youtube, he talks a lot about not having it anymore, etc

Waiting on it myself, if I find it I'll post it.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1826 on: May 11, 2020, 04:52:56 pm »
Should be here somewhere if you boys are still on the prowl: http://www.desirulez.cc/pay-views-304/

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #1827 on: May 11, 2020, 09:54:52 pm »

Just watched this. As someone who grew up during the Attitude era, I saw most of Taker’s career from 1994ish through to 2002ish, when I stopped watching it. You knew he was a big star, but growing up with Stone Cold and The Rock, I never really appreciated him as much as I should have. Have watched a lot of documentaries that break kayfabe recently, to really understand the ‘art’ of wrestling and the sacrifices each performer makes. Really enjoyed the first episode and can’t wait for the next. Truly appreciating and respecting what Taker has done in his wrestling career now.

Offline Stevie_ulster

• Main Stander
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #1828 on: May 12, 2020, 12:09:16 am »
https://watchwrestling.in/sports/wwe-24/

Watch undertaker documentary here
Justice for the 96!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1829 on: May 12, 2020, 12:13:12 am »
This is amazing.

How many camera cuts is that?  How did she manage to make this look so awful when it's pre-taped, was this the best attempt they had?

So many questions.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #1830 on: May 12, 2020, 01:37:53 am »
Lol the Becky Lynch announcement. Bet you Vince has been dying for one of these stories for years.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1831 on: May 12, 2020, 07:18:57 am »

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1832 on: May 12, 2020, 09:18:38 am »
Lol the Becky Lynch announcement. Bet you Vince has been dying for one of these stories for years.

Then again he has lost basically all his stars now with Becky, Roman, Lesnar, and Goldberg gone.

Congrats to Becky by the way as well

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1833 on: May 12, 2020, 10:15:04 am »
WWE's standards must be seriously low these days if they letting a fat tub of lard with short arms win MITB.

How many camera cuts is that?  How did she manage to make this look so awful when it's pre-taped, was this the best attempt they had?

So many questions.
WWE's camera work has been terrible for a while now. They ruined Lesnar's return and AJ's debut, and try to make everything look too dramatic with the cuts.

Online wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1834 on: May 12, 2020, 10:32:45 am »
This is amazing.

So many questions.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1835 on: May 12, 2020, 10:52:03 am »
WWE's standards must be seriously low these days if they letting a fat tub of lard with short arms win MITB.
WWE's camera work has been terrible for a while now. They ruined Lesnar's return and AJ's debut, and try to make everything look too dramatic with the cuts.

Hey I am not sure if he should have won, but Otis is great.

The world's roundest man.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1836 on: May 12, 2020, 04:27:27 pm »
This is amazing.

So many questions.
Excruciating. That's so bad even Claus isn't trying to defend it.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1837 on: May 12, 2020, 05:46:51 pm »
Excruciating. That's so bad even Claus isn't trying to defend it.

Well actually...  ;D

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1838 on: May 12, 2020, 05:55:10 pm »
Asuka’s celebrations :lmao

Fucking brilliant.
AHA!

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #1839 on: May 14, 2020, 10:31:10 am »
Another good Dynamite building to Double or Nothing. MJF is amazing. Shida finally getting that title shot after a dozen straight victories. And RIP Vanguard-1. Jericho emerging in a Pineapple Pete shirt was genius... will probably increase the sales of it tenfold and presumably some of that goes to Suge D.

Double or Nothing so far:

Cody vs. Lance Archer (with Jake Roberts) (TNT title final)
MJF (with Wardlow) vs. Jungle Boy
Jon Moxley (c) vs. Brodie Lee (world title)
Darby Allin vs. Colt Cabana vs. Orange Cassidy vs. Rey Fenix vs. 5 others TBA (Casino ladder match - 2 start and more join every 90 seconds)
Nyla Rose (c) vs. Hikaru Shida (no DQ or countout womens' title)
Britt Baker vs. Kris Statlander
Matt Hardy and The Elite (Adam Page, Kenny Omega, Matt Jackson, and Nick Jackson) vs. The Inner Circle (Chris Jericho, Jake Hager, Sammy Guevara, Santana and Ortiz) (Stadium Stampede match - empty football arena)

Pre-show:

Private Party (Isiah Kassidy and Marq Quen) vs. Best Friends (Chuck Taylor and Trent) #1 contender match