Author Topic: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)  (Read 465330 times)

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)
« Reply #8640 on: February 16, 2024, 03:14:53 pm »
I think the big Aussie is due back anytime now, so might get a little program of United Empire vs Hobbs, Takeshita and Sammy.  Unless Sammy is in the doghouse again after what happened on Rampage.

Yeah Mark Davis is due back soon.

I love that dude - back when Covid first hit he did a podcast with a bunch of UK based wrestlers (Fletcher, Chris Brookes, and Kid Lykos) where half the time he was out of his mind on Magic Mushrooms, talked about stupid ways he injured himself (like package pile driving himself before his then biggest show ever), how wrestlers love the first match as they get to finish early, and how everyone is fucking terrified of taking dives from Fletcher because he is fucking massive and puts his whole fucking body into it when he does outside dives.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8641 on: February 16, 2024, 03:27:16 pm »
I like both the Aussies but feel a bit bad for Davis because he surely knows that Fletcher is the breakout star - way younger, better moveset, more inherent charisma, less injuries, etc.  I hope they stick together for the time being, they're a really good tag combo, but it's only a matter of time with Fletcher.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8642 on: February 17, 2024, 05:05:18 am »
Rock coming out in a tacky $500 top and cutting a heel promo. Didn't expect that in 2024. That was fun.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8643 on: February 17, 2024, 06:19:02 am »
Have there been any replacements for watchwrestling.ai?
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8644 on: February 17, 2024, 08:02:22 am »
Cody Rhodes is BORING.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8645 on: February 17, 2024, 08:42:39 am »
The Rock can't play himself in movies interestingly anymore, he's gotten that complacent.

But you give him a microphone and a wrestling ring and some heel schtick, it's magic still. He could be a WWE president Jack Tunney sorr of character going forward, but I'm enjoying this now. Bloodline is exciting to me for the first time since Jey left.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8646 on: February 17, 2024, 08:49:47 am »
The Rock “shut your mouth fatty before I slap the herpes off your lips!”

Samie “no, no, no, still not a heel”

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8647 on: February 17, 2024, 11:38:36 am »
That was like a mix between 2003 Hollywood Rock and 1999 People's Champion Rock. Can't wait for Mania, the turn is coming.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #8648 on: February 17, 2024, 01:28:06 pm »
I marked for th trailer trash park line. He hasn’t said that since 1999

He definitely needs to change his theme song though, the crowed last night sucked. They didn’t want to boo him

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #8649 on: February 17, 2024, 01:36:46 pm »
Over on the other side, happy to see Queen Aminata finally get a TV win. They mentioned mid match that she's had the most in-ring minutes in 2024 (womens roster) and have been hyping a sit down interview with Paquette, but otherwise have pretty much had her on a 'loser's tour' of AEW with defeats to Deeb, Shida, Toni, Statlander & Willow.

Rampage not only had her match but separate segments with both the Saraya/Ruby thing and also Toni Storm talking about Purazzo. Lots of moving parts in the division at the moment and we're a month out from the whole thing getting upended by Mone's arrival.

Just a reminder there's no Collision this weekend because of some other sport that apparently people like.

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #8650 on: February 17, 2024, 02:45:58 pm »
Rock coming out in a tacky $500 top and cutting a heel promo. Didn't expect that in 2024. That was fun.
It was more than that. It was hillarious...   I saw clips and thought yep, THAT's the sort of thing that had people tuning in week after week

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8651 on: February 17, 2024, 09:17:13 pm »
Saw some clips on Twitter showing Rock pointing at Roman while ostensibly talking about Cody and saying ‘he’ll make sure he leaves Wrestlemania a loser’.

Looked pretty intentional, so maybe it’s a short lived heel turn and he’ll reveal he’s been in cahoots with Cody. My preference would be that he just goes full villain and doesn’t help Roman so that he can take over the Bloodline. Think the latter would be more interesting.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8652 on: February 17, 2024, 09:19:11 pm »
The Rock “shut your mouth fatty before I slap the herpes off your lips!”

Samie “no, no, no, still not a heel”

Not a heel in my book Amir. More tweener like.  ;D

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8653 on: February 17, 2024, 11:15:44 pm »
Not a heel in my book Amir. More tweener like.  ;D

A bit like you on here then. One post you say something adorable then next call someone a motherfucker. ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8654 on: February 17, 2024, 11:43:31 pm »
A bit like you on here then. One post you say something adorable then next call someone a motherfucker. ;D
;D

It was more than that. It was hillarious...   I saw clips and thought yep, THAT's the sort of thing that had people tuning in week after week
Agreed. As someone who doesn't watch wrestling weekly. This was well worth watching. Showed up rest of the roster (in the main).

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8655 on: February 18, 2024, 05:35:52 pm »
WWE coming to O2 arena 19th April. Worth going? Thinking of taking a family member.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8656 on: February 18, 2024, 05:46:40 pm »
WWE coming to O2 arena 19th April. Worth going? Thinking of taking a family member.

If you're into it, for all its faults, they do know how to put on a good show.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8657 on: February 18, 2024, 06:56:22 pm »
If you're into it, for all its faults, they do know how to put on a good show.
Cheers. Seat prices range from £55/56 that is far from the stage and £76 for nearer ones. Will have a look.

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8658 on: February 18, 2024, 06:57:45 pm »

Go for it my brother.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8659 on: February 18, 2024, 09:14:49 pm »

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8660 on: February 19, 2024, 09:14:33 am »
Think if you have the dosh, it's best to go. I can't believe the number of things I have missed out on when I did have money to go, and now, when going is an extravagance, I am able to go less than I might like.

I say go, go go.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #8661 on: February 19, 2024, 01:27:16 pm »
Saw some clips on Twitter showing Rock pointing at Roman while ostensibly talking about Cody and saying ‘he’ll make sure he leaves Wrestlemania a loser’.

Looked pretty intentional, so maybe it’s a short lived heel turn and he’ll reveal he’s been in cahoots with Cody. My preference would be that he just goes full villain and doesn’t help Roman so that he can take over the Bloodline. Think the latter would be more interesting.

i seen that, and when he was calling the crowd self entitled cry baby bitches, he was looking directly at the Bloodline, also at the end he stuck an L in the air with his fingers rather than just one finger like all the bloodline were

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8662 on: February 19, 2024, 09:45:01 pm »
Yep said it since the beginning that it's looking like the plan. Someone also pointed at that the handshake between Rock and Cody was actually an agreement to screw over Roman, so I just hope the writers don't screw it up because it has the makings of a Hollywood movie.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8663 on: February 20, 2024, 08:21:07 am »
Cody taking a pin for only the second time since he returned to WWE. Both involved Solo Sikoa screwing him.

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8664 on: February 20, 2024, 08:27:05 am »
All set up for Drew to win Elimination Chamber and probably the title Wrestlemania.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8665 on: February 20, 2024, 09:22:10 am »
All set up for Drew to win Elimination Chamber and probably the title Wrestlemania.

Yep. And they’re obviously doing Jey vs Jimmy at Mania based on last night.

I’d guess Sami ends up being Gunther’s Mania opponent.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #8666 on: February 20, 2024, 12:32:42 pm »
I'm guessing Drew signed a new contract before getting into it

Rollins must be due soon as well? I'm guessing he'll take some time off after dropping to Drew to recover.

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #8667 on: February 20, 2024, 02:48:06 pm »
WWE have been great of late, the road to WrestleMania is gonna be epic
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8668 on: February 20, 2024, 05:41:36 pm »
A bad Wrestlemania is still Wrestlemania. It is much like a rib meal.

This one has a lot of promise.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8669 on: February 20, 2024, 07:33:12 pm »
Some of the recent Wrestemanias have been truly shite. Can honestly say I can't even recall Mania 34, 35 and 37. Nothing memorable happened in any of them.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8670 on: February 21, 2024, 02:32:50 pm »
Someone just threw up a stat for Orange Cassidy but over his two International Title reigns (a combined 459 days) he has defended the title 42 times - on average a title defence every 11 days.

Not only that but near enough every defence has been excellent and really raised the profile of the title

Orange Cassidy may be the most underrated worker in the world right now, even though it is accepted he is great - for consistency, talent, and pure hard work, he is legit one of the best in the world right now

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8671 on: February 21, 2024, 02:59:33 pm »
Yeah can't really argue with that, he's turned that belt into the workhorse title.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8672 on: February 21, 2024, 04:14:41 pm »
Someone just threw up a stat for Orange Cassidy but over his two International Title reigns (a combined 459 days) he has defended the title 42 times - on average a title defence every 11 days.

Not only that but near enough every defence has been excellent and really raised the profile of the title

Orange Cassidy may be the most underrated worker in the world right now, even though it is accepted he is great - for consistency, talent, and pure hard work, he is legit one of the best in the world right now

He's probably not your main event man in the medium term, but he's a guy you stick in to that mid card and can go. Those are actually quite rare these days because his consistency is insane.

A guy like Gunther, he's probably an example of someone who has made a mid card title his ticket to the main event (I think he might legit be the best package in wrestling atm) but Cassidy is offering a little more of what AEW need, and that's a consistent presence in the mid card.

I don't want to see him trading canadian destroyers again, but, by and large, his matches have been a fair cut above. I do think that people recognise that though, AEW hardcore fans especially.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8673 on: February 21, 2024, 04:20:25 pm »
He's probably not your main event man in the medium term, but he's a guy you stick in to that mid card and can go. Those are actually quite rare these days because his consistency is insane.

A guy like Gunther, he's probably an example of someone who has made a mid card title his ticket to the main event (I think he might legit be the best package in wrestling atm) but Cassidy is offering a little more of what AEW need, and that's a consistent presence in the mid card.

I don't want to see him trading canadian destroyers again, but, by and large, his matches have been a fair cut above. I do think that people recognise that though, AEW hardcore fans especially.

Agreed. I wouldn't mind him having a short top title run, I think he is good for the big Babyface title win followed by the crushing heel defeat a month or 2 later.

But he is absolutely your workhorse. Your guy who you can depend on to pull something out when you got a gap

He is your modern day Arn Anderson or Ricky Steamboat in terms of being your steady but brilliant workhorse

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8674 on: February 21, 2024, 04:29:51 pm »
Agreed. I wouldn't mind him having a short top title run, I think he is good for the big Babyface title win followed by the crushing heel defeat a month or 2 later.

But he is absolutely your workhorse. Your guy who you can depend on to pull something out when you got a gap

He is your modern day Arn Anderson or Ricky Steamboat in terms of being your steady but brilliant workhorse

to be honest, I think there is a bit of difference between Arn Anderson and Ricky Steamboat. Arn was a great tag guy, great singles enforcer, but he's probably not gonna grasp the title.

Steamboat is a level above that. You can see him with the world title (he did win it) but he's, as you described there, a short term champion when used best. I think Cassidy's level is above Anderson, I don't think he's reaching Steamboat, but he might. And that's exciting.

I think only one performer in AEW and maybe even WWE is on Steamboat's level across their career, and that's Bryan Danielson. There are a few knocking around there but I genuinely think Steamboat is in elite conversations in-ring.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #8675 on: February 21, 2024, 05:30:24 pm »
Don't forget Cassidy was in that triple threat match with Pac for the main title when Omega was champion, and not only was it excellent all round but as the Face he was the obligatory whisker away from winning before shenanigans ensued.

And in the near-3 years since he's only proved himself further. I wouldn't be pining for long or multiple OC reigns, but if you're going to pinball the title around a little bit more than usual then he's in the conversation to have his name on the list.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8676 on: February 21, 2024, 06:33:46 pm »
Sounds like AEW are getting staging which is a better fit for smaller arenas.

A good thing I say, if you can't fill out massive stadiums get small intimate ones. The return show to Daily Place was great AND a great crowd cause it was full and hot.

The guy who did touring left and the new guys dates are starting from March, hopefully a sign of recognizing mistakes from 2023. Booking wise they very much have, so hopefully they are in promoting and touring too.

If you aren't going to focus on touring you may as well stick to Daily's place all shows other than PPV's and special shows (like Grand Slam)

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #8677 on: February 21, 2024, 07:41:09 pm »
Some of the recent Wrestemanias have been truly shite. Can honestly say I can't even recall Mania 34, 35 and 37. Nothing memorable happened in any of them.

I still haven't found the time to watch it but supposedly Night 1 of 2023 Mania is GOATed

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8678 on: February 21, 2024, 10:13:14 pm »

Triple H and Steph versus Kurt and Ronda at Mania 34 is a genuinely brilliant bit of sports entertainment. Also had Daniel Bryan’s first match back from retirement and two very good title matches in Charlotte/Asuka and Rollins’/Miz/Balor.

35 is pretty rubbish in retrospect but did have Kofi getting the big title win over Bryan which is a great moment. And the first ever women’s main event with Becky - the hottest act in the company - going over. But that one suffered from a weak ending with Becky winning via a controversial roll up.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #8679 on: February 21, 2024, 10:17:16 pm »
35 is pretty rubbish in retrospect but did have Kofi getting the big title win over Bryan which is a great moment. And the first ever women’s main event with Becky - the hottest act in the company - going over. But that one suffered from a weak ending with Becky winning via a controversial roll up.

This is the one I went to and I had a great time. I think the finish in the main event was rushed because within 5 mins of Becky leaving the entrance ramp celebrating, the heavens opened and the whole city got drenched. Luckily we'd already made it into a taxi!