Author Topic: CL:Liverpool 2 v FC Porto 0 Keita 4' Si Senor Bobby 26'  (Read 28022 times)

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: CL:Liverpool 2 v FC Porto 0 Keita 4' Si Senor Bobby 26'
« Reply #280 on: April 9, 2019, 10:34:39 pm »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #282 on: April 9, 2019, 10:36:27 pm »

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: April 9, 2019, 10:36:36 pm »
Solid win, one more away goal then we are clearly though.
Believer

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #284 on: April 9, 2019, 10:36:56 pm »
Cheers. I would have given it, of course  :wave
No problem I personally don't like VAR but it was spot on today.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #285 on: April 9, 2019, 10:37:02 pm »
Vvd bollocking lovren for playing marega onside,on one occasion. Was Matip injured or what.
VvD needs to focus more on his own game and stop worrying about what other people are doing.

Sloppy tonight.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: April 9, 2019, 10:37:07 pm »
-We were the better team, simple as that
-Lovren's turn radius seemed huge to me, most of their better attacks were due to that
-Thought we struggled to get the balance right between full backs getting forward vs. our 8's.  Understandable as lately we just have been relying on the full backs.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #287 on: April 9, 2019, 10:37:47 pm »
He was a bit lucky mate. That was a naughty one. Any player from the oppo doing that and we would want a red.

Not me. If I was a Porto fan I'd have been relieved that a free kick for shirt pulling wasn't given on the edge of the box. Mo might have won that ball legitimately if he'd not been fouled. But with the tug he was twisted sideways and his weight was all going away from the ball. He still tried to win the ball but he was completely off balance by then.

As a Liverpool fan I wasn't in the least bit concerned. I was furious the defender wasn't penalised.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #288 on: April 9, 2019, 10:45:33 pm »
Driving back from the game having the misfortune to hear Danny Mills describe how crap we were.
Evidently Porto had 6 clear cut chances, we are mis-firing, stumbling and scraping through games and have been for months and Salah is playing terribly and should have been sent off and he was wondering about retrospective action from UEFA! What an absolute bitter wanker.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #289 on: April 9, 2019, 10:46:26 pm »
Also, why did VAR not give Mane's goal, he looked on to me... in fact why did the lino raise his flag was he that certain?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: April 9, 2019, 10:47:14 pm »
When he said at first he thought the Trent one was a penalty, it hit his arm as Allison knocked it out for a corner, it was literally going out of play anyway. Joker.

Still Top result, VAR proved to be wank once again, Can Mo get retrospectively punished if VAR have ruled on it? Any tackle can be made to look bad in slow motion and I thought VAR had to be real time? Also Manes goal was marginal, if VAR is used shoudln't they show lines on the pitch?

Meh, Fuck it. Great result and City finally got a game. A good night!

What I found hilarious is that VAR didn't even find an angle to show the fundamental issue that could have made the subjective call irrelevant - was the ball already out? Jokers

Online Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: April 9, 2019, 10:47:34 pm »
Also, why did VAR not give Mane's goal, he looked on to me... in fact why did the lino raise his flag was he that certain?

Smacked of if the lino hadn't flagged, it was given. Because he did, it wasn't overturned. So marginal, so they went with the on field call.

Offline E2K

• A seriously talented
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: April 9, 2019, 10:47:48 pm »
Silly, silly Mo.

Really should have gone down under that heavy contact from Felipe in the first half. His team would've been facing ten men for most of the game and Porto's best defender would've missed the second leg. So much for the cunning, cheating bastard the media were painting him as a couple of months ago. But I hear he's now a Ryan Shawcross clone? Should we all be making with the "he's not that kind of lad" excuses about now, or...??

::)

In other news: 2-0 with no injuries and Gini getting a well-deserved rest will do fucking nicely, cheers.

Ooh, and a fly in City's ointment, is that right??
Twitter: @e2klassic
Blog: theredstar.home.blog

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: April 9, 2019, 10:49:21 pm »
What in the fuck are these dickheads on about on BT here?

Saying the Trent handball was more of a penalty than the Rose one? Rose is blocking a shot on target ffs, Trent has the ball punched on to him from a yard away and it's the exact same result....a corner to Porto. This VAR shit is getting horrendous.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: April 9, 2019, 10:49:39 pm »

It was offside. Very clear on the still image.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: April 9, 2019, 10:49:49 pm »
Thought Porto were well organised and covered the spaces well but we could have easily added 2 more.

An early goal for them next week will make it nervy but you'd expect Klopp to dare them to play a high line leaving gaps.

Wanted a 3rd and predicted a 2 - 0 result.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #296 on: April 9, 2019, 10:49:53 pm »
Silly, silly Mo.

Really should have gone down under that heavy contact from Felipe in the first half. His team would've been facing ten men for most of the game and Porto's best defender would've missed the second leg. So much for the cunning, cheating bastard the media were painting him as a couple of months ago. But I hear he's now a Ryan Shawcross clone? Should we all be making with the "he's not that kind of lad" excuses about now, or...??

In other news: 2-0 with no injuries and Gini getting a well-deserved rest will do fucking nicely, cheers.

Hope these pricks will be up for the league game though. Too often Cup and league results are reversed.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #297 on: April 9, 2019, 10:51:14 pm »
What in the fuck are these dickheads on about on BT here?

Saying the Trent handball was more of a penalty than the Rose one? Rose is blocking a shot on target ffs, Trent has the ball punched on to him from a yard away and it's the exact same result....a corner to Porto. This VAR shit is getting horrendous.

His arm looked out of play anyway. If they are going to give handball when your arms are off the field, throw ins are going to be interesting!

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #298 on: April 9, 2019, 10:51:21 pm »
Driving back from the game having the misfortune to hear Danny Mills describe how crap we were.
Evidently Porto had 6 clear cut chances, we are mis-firing, stumbling and scraping through games and have been for months and Salah is playing terribly and should have been sent off and he was wondering about retrospective action from UEFA! What an absolute bitter wanker.

Danny Mills has a grudge and is a dick
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #299 on: April 9, 2019, 10:52:21 pm »
Hope these pricks will be up for the league game though. Too often Cup and league results are reversed.

There is another cup game first
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #300 on: April 9, 2019, 10:52:29 pm »

And yet we keep winning. They're just bitter mate. They're prolly pissed City lost as well.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #301 on: April 9, 2019, 10:52:29 pm »

Ok. Thanks. It looked so close I was surprised that the lino didn't wait for VAR. Who knows maybe he knows what he is doing!

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: April 9, 2019, 10:53:03 pm »
Silly, silly Mo.

I said the same earlier but it just seems to be with Mo all he see's or at least tries to see is the back of the net

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: April 9, 2019, 10:54:02 pm »

Ha ha I head his nonsense on the radio too. Oddly bitter fellow.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #304 on: April 9, 2019, 10:54:55 pm »
There is another cup game first
Which is the problem... I can't see them winning all 3. At least they're giving them a workout and putting some doubt in their heads.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #305 on: April 9, 2019, 10:55:38 pm »
Ball recoveries

Also a goal and a drive into the area which could well have turned out to be a great goal.

Two players in one? The first time we’ve really seen the Naby Keita we knew was there.  More to come though
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: April 9, 2019, 10:56:23 pm »
yeah he's a good little player for sure.

He's the player that caused the massive fallout in Dortmund with Thomas Tuchel  ;D  That is who they had scouted and picked to replace Ilkay Gundogan.

Never knew that haha. I really dont like Tuchel, always comes across as a miserable bitter wanker whenever I see him

Think Torres and Marega looked their most threatening players tonight, was glad to see Torres go off

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #307 on: April 9, 2019, 10:59:10 pm »
That Marega was really threatening but seems a poor finisher.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: April 9, 2019, 11:02:51 pm »
Think Militao also showed why we may have wanted him and why Real did want him.  Tall, strong in the tackle, quick.  Don't remember him passing it well but as far as defending you could do a lot worse.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: April 9, 2019, 11:03:02 pm »

Since the image isn't taken perpendicular to the near touchline, in line with Mane, it's not a very clear image (even if it seems like it is)

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: April 9, 2019, 11:05:28 pm »

:lmao

Haven't seen us that comfortable in a while. We had so much space and time, we didn't know what to do with it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #311 on: April 9, 2019, 11:06:36 pm »
Not the most pretty of matches but it is done and we are in the driving seat.

Things are on the up.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: April 9, 2019, 11:08:36 pm »
VvD needs to focus more on his own game and stop worrying about what other people are doing.

Sloppy tonight.
VVD was sloppy? I thought he was excellent.

The whole team looked very comfortable, I thought. In a CL quarter final, you would expect the opposition to have a few chances. We should probably have scored a couple more, but Porto seemed determined to just limit the damage in the second half, and take a 2-0. Which will be fuck all use to them in the return, I would think.
We are the only team they've failed to score against in the competition so far.

If we reach the semis, that's 2 finals and at least a semi in 3 European competitions under Klopp.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #313 on: April 9, 2019, 11:08:59 pm »
That Marega was really threatening but seems a poor finisher.

Marega has a bit of everything and muscles like a beast, in most aspects of the game he's close to world class... excluding on this occasion the shooting technique of his compatriot Momo Sissoko (bless him), which is something we should be glad of tonight  :wave I hope I'm not tempting fate, because the worst-case scenario is that a player like him could have a stormer in the return leg if we're not careful. He's a budget Lukaku. Even at his age of 28, he'd be a good punt for many European teams in bigger leagues.

I don't think we did well in the second half at all to be honest, but as far as a first leg in a European tie, it's a very good result. There's a strong uphill for Porto at Dragão, they'll have to throw everybody forward and give acres of space for the famous three to run on the break. If we score one, they'll need four. Finally, both Alisson and van Dijk looked a bit sketchy by their standards but still we kept a clean sheet even as they had so-so moments. We managed to score twice, but I feel like we'd scored at least one more with Robbo on the pitch. The wings were rather deserted at times as their full-backs edged towards the middle. Him being back for the rebound should be a massive boost!

I really hope Matip is back in for Chelsea. It should help a bunch. When injury-free, he's one level above Lovren for me.

Porto as a whole are probably on a similar level as Leicester and Everton. We solved this task better than those games at home this season. That's always a plus.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2019, 11:15:54 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #314 on: April 9, 2019, 11:13:49 pm »
Job done despite Lovren's best efforts.

Hmmm...confirmation bias is an odd thing

Offline stevieheighway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Were Gonna win the League
« Reply #315 on: April 9, 2019, 11:14:06 pm »
Brilliant result really.

Strange, we seem to be breezing our way to the CL semi finals while simultaneously killing fellas on the Kop during heart wrenching league games.

We seem to be playing with more freedom and abandon in the Cl, the players know just how massive the league is for everyone LFC and the tension definitely has an effect on the team in League games, makes it all the more incredible that we are pulling off the results we are. It's the other way around for City no real pressure on in the league but they're shitting themselves in CL. If Spurs dump them out of CL they might well crumple in the league, leaving us to swoop in for an Epic double :) :)
I'm really looking forward to the future. People can say it's going to be grim if they want but i'm a Liverpool fan...and I don't fucking believe them.

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: April 9, 2019, 11:21:08 pm »
Not me. If I was a Porto fan I'd have been relieved that a free kick for shirt pulling wasn't given ......

....I was furious the defender wasn't penalised.

me too i was annoyed the commentators were going about a red card

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #317 on: April 9, 2019, 11:21:56 pm »
Suspended.

Right, thought Jill meant Robertson when she said Moreno...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: April 9, 2019, 11:22:08 pm »
Since the image isn't taken perpendicular to the near touchline, in line with Mane, it's not a very clear image (even if it seems like it is)

Have seen it again. Definitely offside.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: April 9, 2019, 11:22:54 pm »
Good Win. We in control most of the game. Got the goals early too which was nice