Author Topic: FA Cup: Wolves 2 v Liverpool 1 Jimenez ‘37 Neves ‘55 Origi ‘50  (Read 51047 times)

Offline Cheesehead

• What the hell is Brett Favrrrvre doing here?
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FA Cup: Wolves 2 v Liverpool 1 Jimenez ‘37 Neves ‘55 Origi ‘50
« Reply #800 on: January 8, 2019, 09:12:08 am »
We have too many cup competitions. We only need one, fold the League Cup put the FA Cup earlier n the season, managers won't be forced into changing teams in the same way. It's because the cup follows on from the most intense part of the season we get these issues.

This is a modern thing tho, no one was arsed about doing this even 15 years ago. For me, I love both domestic cups and wouldn’t want to see either scrapped as that’d leave us one less trophy to go for each year. Although we don’t seem to be about winning trophies anymore. Fans are brainwashed into this thinking.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #801 on: January 8, 2019, 09:12:40 am »
After 12 games in the space of 45 days - meaning a game every 3.75 days - we were due to heavily rotate the squad. Even so we aggravated our injury situation at centerback, but at least it wasn't VVD we lost to injury. I am immensly happy that we avoided injury to the likes of VVD, Alisson, Salah, Mané, Firmino, Robertson, TAA, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Fabinho and Keita.

Considering how tough that very fixture was just two weeks ago - a 2-0 win with great chances for Wolves in the first half -, the knack of Wolves to get results against very good teams (Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, ManCity), and our own injury problems mounting (especially at center back), even a full strength 11 from Klopp might have not been enough - under the lights, it's the cup, referee let's things go, etc.

Wolves deserve to move on and we know a little bit more about certain squad members.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #802 on: January 8, 2019, 09:15:05 am »
It seems as tho I’m in the minority with w wanting to go through and being gutted at being out. What have we become as a club and fan base?  :butt
It's not what we have become, it's what the FA cup has become.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #803 on: January 8, 2019, 09:17:07 am »
so, let me get this straight:

We play a side with 9 changes, and lose a first class centre-half two minutes into the game against a near as damnit full strength and decent Wolves side.

Three of those changes are promising teenagers one of which is 16, the other 17. Three of the others have only played a handful of games this season, more likely only a few minutes. We had players returning to fitness from injury as well.

It was a side that had NEVER played together

We needed to make that many changes due to injury/illness and the need to plain rest others.

Yet with all that, people are still singling out individuals and sticking the pitchfork in saying they let everyone down/disgrace to the shirt/hanging's too good for 'em/run them out, blah, blah.

Pathetic. And nauseating. We were damned if we did and damned if we didn't. It was a game that, quite frankly, we needed to do this in. As for those bleating on about the FA cup losing it's lustre, the competition was killed years ago by Manchester Utd PULLING OUT of the competition due to going to the World Club championship. Others before us have shown this competition a whole lot less respect than we have and yet BY NECESSITY, we played a (still on paper) decent side, but are getting flayed... worse still, by out own "fans"

What realistically did you expect? No-one likes losing and I personally have some wonderful memories of this competition and finals at Wembley (old and new) and the Millennium. I would have loved to see us go through, but that pales into insignificance when it comes to wanting us to win the league. Last night is an (sorry to say) insignificance. Annoying, yes, but that's how it is.

Lastly, say we'd won last night and Moreno, Lovren had both had Worldies? Lovren would still be slaughtered and Moreno would still be laughed at. Studge could have scored a hat trick (getting the supply he could well have done) but he'd still be dismissed as a bit player and unreliable. Milner is getting on and has had a break in fitness, but is still expected to come back better than he was (watch out Ox) Keita was playing in a completely unrecognisable side where he had no idea who makes what runs, yet was a total failure to some. Mignolet was always doomed no matter what happened.

Point is, that under the circumstances we done okay. Not great and not what we all wanted (a win) but Okay. We navigated a game that was there through necessity and done what was needed. No-one needs or wants the bile and vitriol that some are casting on here and on social media/media outlets, especially from OUR OWN "FANS".

Get a fucking grip. Move on to the most important game (Brighton) and look forward. Those who want to wallow in self pity and tear into certain players, feel free to do that in your own World and fill yer boots.

Leave the snide comments on Klopp, the players and the "attitude of Liverpool to the cup" to the gutter press and the bitter ex-players. Be constructive - more importantly, be OBJECTIVE - but for fucks sake stop acting like utter brats and spewing verbal diarrhea. It's frankly embarrassing. 

Personally, I actually enjoyed the game as it was a freebie - yes I winced a few occasions, but the game was pretty awful for long periods, but there were some major plus points through all that. Origi scored a cracker, Shaq hit a cracker free kick that deserved better, Fabinho looked pretty solid overall, Hoever looks a prospect, same for Camacho. Jones has massive potential and Milner got some much needed minutes, as did Keita. Individually, we had players do well, but for the very reason I stated first off - it was a completely unrecognisable side - we didn't (understandably) play well as a team...  and as the old (but true) cliche goes, you win as a team - you lose as a team. But for some on here that's not true is it? We lose because of individuals and we win as individuals.

On to Brighton now though and the need to get three points by hook or by crook. Last night is over and done with. Nothing to see here anymore.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #804 on: January 8, 2019, 09:17:43 am »
Personally I’d happily see us bow out of the CL too if it meant securing the league. I’m philosophical about everything bar the league.

My sentiments too. Win the league then I’ll be arsed about the rest again.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #805 on: January 8, 2019, 09:18:55 am »
We have too many cup competitions. We only need one, fold the League Cup put the FA Cup earlier n the season, managers won't be forced into changing teams in the same way. It's because the cup follows on from the most intense part of the season we get these issues.

There are only 4 trophies up for grabs, we all favour the league and the CL but whilst the FA cup and League cup are less important they are still a trophy and we haven’t won one of those for a long time.

It’s about having a squad to cope with the demands.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Cheesehead

• Main Stander
« Reply #806 on: January 8, 2019, 09:21:53 am »
It's not what we have become, it's what the FA cup has become.

So we have to follow do we. We could buck the trend and go for it? Be different. Be Liverpool.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #807 on: January 8, 2019, 09:22:50 am »
Personally I’d happily see us bow out of the CL too if it meant securing the league. I’m philosophical about everything bar the league.

Love you Hendo.

I thought Jurgen respected the cup a bit too much. I would have left Mo and Bobby on the bench.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #808 on: January 8, 2019, 09:25:31 am »
Why are you being cryptic? What’s this about how the game is being run? We’ve virtually thrown the FA Cup. That’s not on. Or are we above it now?
Honestly, yes.
The prestige of the FA cup has eroded over the years, and now the top teams don't take it very seriously anymore. This further erodes the prestige, etc. It's in a negative spiral, and FA is doing nothing to stop it. Yesterday the currently best team was eliminated since they used their squad players, which erodes the value for whoever wins it in the end. It's not a tournament for the top players anymore.

The FA cup has become a competition for the second tier clubs that see a chance for a title, and I think FA likes it like this. When the top teams prioritize the league and CL, the lesser teams have a better chance. If they really wanted the best players to play, they could make a number of obvious changes. I think it's doomed anyway, and I don't know of any country where the domestic cup isn't struggling.

Offline Cheesehead

• Main Stander
« Reply #809 on: January 8, 2019, 09:25:34 am »
My sentiments too. Win the league then I’ll be arsed about the rest again.

Of course if we win the league, no one will be arsed about the LC or FA cup. But that’s a big IF. Our chances in the league are 50/50 at best and we just let man city have the initiative too whilst we are questioning ourselves.

Online jepovic

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #810 on: January 8, 2019, 09:26:53 am »
So we have to follow do we. We could buck the trend and go for it? Be different. Be Liverpool.
Doesn't work like that if the other top teams don't care.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: January 8, 2019, 09:28:24 am »
Of course if we win the league, no one will be arsed about the LC or FA cup. But that’s a big IF. Our chances in the league are 50/50 at best and we just let man city have the initiative too whilst we are questioning ourselves.

Like hell we did,we stepped up when it mattered and got ourselves a 7 point lead and level on GD,all in a 1 month period.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Cheesehead

• Main Stander
« Reply #812 on: January 8, 2019, 09:29:45 am »
Honestly, yes.
The prestige of the FA cup has eroded over the years, and now the top teams don't take it very seriously anymore. This further erodes the prestige, etc. It's in a negative spiral, and FA is doing nothing to stop it. Yesterday the currently best team was eliminated since they used their squad players, which erodes the value for whoever wins it in the end. It's not a tournament for the top players anymore.

The FA cup has become a competition for the second tier clubs that see a chance for a title, and I think FA likes it like this. When the top teams prioritize the league and CL, the lesser teams have a better chance. If they really wanted the best players to play, they could make a number of obvious changes. I think it's doomed anyway, and I don't know of any country where the domestic cup isn't struggling.

The FA Cup is won most of the time by top 4 clubs so it doesn’t seem that everyone else is thinking it’s a 2nd tier competition. If you think we are above the fa cup then that’s embarrassing mate.

Are you from this country? If not I can sort of understand where you’re coming from. If you are then shame on you and anyone thinking the same.

Offline Cheesehead

• Main Stander
« Reply #813 on: January 8, 2019, 09:30:33 am »
Doesn't work like that if the other top teams don't care.

Well other top teams do care as they keep winning the thing!

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #814 on: January 8, 2019, 09:31:26 am »

Our chances of winning the league are the best they’ve been in 5 years, and will probably be for another 5, maybe never. I’ve waited too fucking long for this and I honestly couldn’t give a shiny shite about the FA cup. Before anyone starts, I’ve loved the FA cup all my time watching football, some of my favourite games I’ve been to we’re in it. Liverpool don’t exist to win trophies, they exist to be champions. All the other pots are a bonus.

Online jepovic

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #815 on: January 8, 2019, 09:32:35 am »
Klopp is trying his best to win the league, and that's what matters to me. If we fail, at least he can say that he did everything he could. Part of that was resting some key players yesterday.

Offline Cheesehead

• Main Stander
« Reply #816 on: January 8, 2019, 09:33:37 am »

Like hell we did,we stepped up when it mattered and got ourselves a 7 point lead and level on GD,all in a 1 month period.

We did and we’ve been brilliant so far in the league. Although I wasn’t impressed with how we approached the man city game.

We just lost 2 in a row now and questions are being asked now. The pressure is on and it’s not guaranteed we will cope. Saturday is massive. Don’t win that and everyone will be flapping.

Offline Cheesehead

• Main Stander
« Reply #817 on: January 8, 2019, 09:36:08 am »
Our chances of winning the league are the best they’ve been in 5 years, and will probably be for another 5, maybe never. I’ve waited too fucking long for this and I honestly couldn’t give a shiny shite about the FA cup. Before anyone starts, I’ve loved the FA cup all my time watching football, some of my favourite games I’ve been to we’re in it. Liverpool don’t exist to win trophies, they exist to be champions. All the other pots are a bonus.

I’m the same as you mate. I’m so desperate to win the league it hurts. I’m guessing I’m a similar age to you so I’ve been waiting so long too. Where we are different is your attitude to the cups. LFC exists to win trophies.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #818 on: January 8, 2019, 09:36:35 am »
Well other top teams do care as they keep winning the thing!

Winning the FA Cup a few times in recent years didn’t do Wenger any favours with his own supporters.  Van Gaal and Conte both got sacked after winning it too, which goes to show how much United and Chelsea value it in comparison to the league and Champions League.

A lot of the ones moaning about last night would have moaned just as much if we had rotated players over December, slipped up as a consequence and let City close the gap.  Yeah, it’s disappointing to go out, but Klopp can’t really win here, if VVD or Salah or Firmino had started last night and had gotten injured there would be uproar here and people arguing that we’d blown the league.

Online jepovic

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #819 on: January 8, 2019, 09:37:24 am »
The FA Cup is won most of the time by top 4 clubs so it doesn’t seem that everyone else is thinking it’s a 2nd tier competition. If you think we are above the fa cup then that’s embarrassing mate.

Are you from this country? If not I can sort of understand where you’re coming from. If you are then shame on you and anyone thinking the same.
Of course it's a 2nd tier competition. That's a fact, whether you like it or not. Was it ever as important as the league?

No I'm not, just like Klopp, most of the players and most of the fans. I guess that's also one reason why the FA cup is struggling. England is becoming more like other countries.

Offline Cheesehead

• Main Stander
« Reply #820 on: January 8, 2019, 09:37:27 am »
Klopp is trying his best to win the league, and that's what matters to me. If we fail, at least he can say that he did everything he could. Part of that was resting some key players yesterday.

There’s more than one way to skin a cat though.

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: January 8, 2019, 09:39:23 am »
Their fans are a bit cuntish eh?
My thoughts exactly. Flipping numpties singing sign on 2nd game in a row. Hope the irony isn't lost on them.

Fucking balloons!
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline Cheesehead

• Main Stander
« Reply #822 on: January 8, 2019, 09:41:46 am »
Of course it's a 2nd tier competition. That's a fact, whether you like it or not. Was it ever as important as the league?

No I'm not, just like Klopp, most of the players and most of the fans. I guess that's also one reason why the FA cup is struggling. England is becoming more like other countries.

Well this club is in England mate. So everyone coming from afar to own, manage, play and support us should get on board with trying win the fa cup, not us changing for you. LFC wouldn’t be club it is today if it wasn’t for its trophy laden past, that includes winning the domestic cups.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #823 on: January 8, 2019, 09:43:24 am »
Anyone complaining about being knocked out of the cup only needs to look at the gloating weapons on the BBC and realise that Liverpool are better off out.

Personally I lost interest in the FA cup around the same time it became an acceptable kickfest for lower league sides to come up and vent their anger on PL sides.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #824 on: January 8, 2019, 09:43:40 am »
Load of bullshit the top teams don't care about the FA Cup anymore and I don't buy that we need to completely piss around with the starting 11 due to keeping players fresh. We've got 11 days between Palace and Brighton and a 5 days from now until the Brighton game. It's embarrassing we keep whimpering out of cup competitions to focus on the big fish (especially when in seasons gone by we've ducked out of the cup comps and ended up winning the square root of fuck all)

1996–97 
Chelsea 2–0  Middlesbrough  Wembley Stadium (original)  79,160  1997–98 
Arsenal 2–0  Newcastle United  Wembley Stadium (original)  79,183  1998–99 
Manchester United 2–0  Newcastle United  Wembley Stadium (original)  79,101  1999–2000 
Chelsea 1–0  Aston Villa  Wembley Stadium (original)  78,217  2000–01 
Liverpool
2–1  Arsenal  Millennium Stadium  72,500  2001–02 
Arsenal 2–0  Chelsea  Millennium Stadium  73,963 2002–03 
Arsenal
1–0  Southampton  Millennium Stadium  73,726 
2003–04 
Manchester United 3–0  Millwall  Millennium Stadium  71,350  2004–05 
Arsenal 0–0 Manchester United  Millennium Stadium  71,876 
2005–06 
Liverpool 3–3 dagger  West Ham United  Millennium Stadium  71,140  2006–07 
Chelsea 1–0 *  Manchester United  Wembley Stadium (new)  89,826  2007–08 
Portsmouth
1–0  Wales Cardiff City  Wembley Stadium (new)  89,874  2008–09 
Chelsea 2–1  Everton  Wembley Stadium (new)  89,391  2009–10 
Chelsea 1–0  Portsmouth  Wembley Stadium (new)  88,335  2010–11 
Manchester City 1–0  Stoke City  Wembley Stadium (new)  88,643  2011–12 
Chelsea 2–1  Liverpool  Wembley Stadium (new)  89,041  2012–13 
Wigan Athletic 1–0  Manchester City  Wembley Stadium (new)  86,254  2013–14 
Arsenal 3–2 *  Hull City  Wembley Stadium (new)  89,345  2014–15 
Arsenal 4–0  Aston Villa  Wembley Stadium (new)  89,283 
Manchester United 2–1 *  Crystal Palace  Wembley Stadium (new)  88,619 
Arsenal 2–1  Chelsea  Wembley Stadium (new)  89,472  2017–18 
Chelsea 1–0  Manchester United  Wembley Stadium (new)  87,647 
« Last Edit: January 8, 2019, 09:46:06 am by Kelvinlfc »

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #825 on: January 8, 2019, 09:45:10 am »
Well this club is in England mate. So everyone coming from afar to own, manage, play and support us should get on board with trying win the fa cup, not us changing for you. LFC wouldn’t be club it is today if it wasn’t for its trophy laden past, that includes winning the domestic cups.

What are you talking about?

Offline Cheesehead

• Main Stander
« Reply #826 on: January 8, 2019, 09:45:57 am »
Winning the FA Cup a few times in recent years didn’t do Wenger any favours with his own supporters.  Van Gaal and Conte both got sacked after winning it too, which goes to show how much United and Chelsea value it in comparison to the league and Champions League.

A lot of the ones moaning about last night would have moaned just as much if we had rotated players over December, slipped up as a consequence and let City close the gap.  Yeah, it’s disappointing to go out, but Klopp can’t really win here, if VVD or Salah or Firmino had started last night and had gotten injured there would be uproar here and people arguing that we’d blown the league.

So if Klopp won the FA Cup he would have been sacked? Don’t think so.

It’s not the team that was put out that’s the problem. It’s attitude that it doesn’t matter that’s the problem. Like it’s a positive that we got beat. Loads saying the same after man city beat us.

Also man city have closed the gap on us.

Offline Cheesehead

• Main Stander
« Reply #827 on: January 8, 2019, 09:48:32 am »
What are you talking about?

Jepovic said he’s not bothered about the FA Cup. I asked him if he was from this country. He said no like the majority of fans, players and our manager and said maybe that’s why the FA Cup is becoming like cup competitions in Europe.

Offline Cheesehead

• Main Stander
« Reply #828 on: January 8, 2019, 09:50:02 am »
Anyone complaining about being knocked out of the cup only needs to look at the gloating weapons on the BBC and realise that Liverpool are better off out.

Personally I lost interest in the FA cup around the same time it became an acceptable kickfest for lower league sides to come up and vent their anger on PL sides.

When have we ever cared what others think or say?

Offline Cheesehead

• Main Stander
« Reply #829 on: January 8, 2019, 09:50:31 am »
Load of bullshit the top teams don't care about the FA Cup anymore and I don't buy that we need to completely piss around with the starting 11 due to keeping players fresh. We've got 11 days between Palace and Brighton and a 5 days from now until the Brighton game. It's embarrassing we keep whimpering out of cup competitions to focus on the big fish (especially when in seasons gone by we've ducked out of the cup comps and ended up winning the square root of fuck all)

1996–97 
Chelsea 2–0  Middlesbrough  Wembley Stadium (original)  79,160  1997–98 
Arsenal 2–0  Newcastle United  Wembley Stadium (original)  79,183  1998–99 
Manchester United 2–0  Newcastle United  Wembley Stadium (original)  79,101  1999–2000 
Chelsea 1–0  Aston Villa  Wembley Stadium (original)  78,217  2000–01 
Liverpool
2–1  Arsenal  Millennium Stadium  72,500  2001–02 
Arsenal 2–0  Chelsea  Millennium Stadium  73,963 2002–03 
Arsenal
1–0  Southampton  Millennium Stadium  73,726 
2003–04 
Manchester United 3–0  Millwall  Millennium Stadium  71,350  2004–05 
Arsenal 0–0 Manchester United  Millennium Stadium  71,876 
2005–06 
Liverpool 3–3 dagger  West Ham United  Millennium Stadium  71,140  2006–07 
Chelsea 1–0 *  Manchester United  Wembley Stadium (new)  89,826  2007–08 
Portsmouth
1–0  Wales Cardiff City  Wembley Stadium (new)  89,874  2008–09 
Chelsea 2–1  Everton  Wembley Stadium (new)  89,391  2009–10 
Chelsea 1–0  Portsmouth  Wembley Stadium (new)  88,335  2010–11 
Manchester City 1–0  Stoke City  Wembley Stadium (new)  88,643  2011–12 
Chelsea 2–1  Liverpool  Wembley Stadium (new)  89,041  2012–13 
Wigan Athletic 1–0  Manchester City  Wembley Stadium (new)  86,254  2013–14 
Arsenal 3–2 *  Hull City  Wembley Stadium (new)  89,345  2014–15 
Arsenal 4–0  Aston Villa  Wembley Stadium (new)  89,283 
Manchester United 2–1 *  Crystal Palace  Wembley Stadium (new)  88,619 
Arsenal 2–1  Chelsea  Wembley Stadium (new)  89,472  2017–18 
Chelsea 1–0  Manchester United  Wembley Stadium (new)  87,647

Great post la

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #830 on: January 8, 2019, 09:51:47 am »
I’m the same as you mate. I’m so desperate to win the league it hurts. I’m guessing I’m a similar age to you so I’ve been waiting so long too. Where we are different is your attitude to the cups. LFC exists to win trophies.

Any other year

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #831 on: January 8, 2019, 09:51:49 am »
We did and we’ve been brilliant so far in the league. Although I wasn’t impressed with how we approached the man city game.

We just lost 2 in a row now and questions are being asked now. The pressure is on and it’s not guaranteed we will cope. Saturday is massive. Don’t win that and everyone will be flapping.

That just goes to show how fickle the modern fan is and moreso, the foreign fan (I say this as a foreigner albeit living in the UK since age 10)

People seem to be unable to cop with failure these days, Liverpool at the moment look a better side (first XI) than since I have been following them (1998) to be me that brings me great joy and belief, belief in us as a club and Klopp as a manager, slowly he is shaping this teams to be great, we aren't quite there yet because after our initial XI there is a big drop in quality at present which City for example simply don't have, they could field their "second XI" and still put a lot of the league to the sword, we cannot do that because we are building the team in a more financially sound manner, after H&G that is also great for me as a fan to see, the club ran responsibly so it will be here for many more years to come without questionable owners.

We lost our first game of the season last week, on BBC/Twitter/Instagram some reds were already saying WTF, we are shit/bottlers and yes, I even saw Klopp out, same after last night, admittedly a lot of those were our more fickle foreign lot and I get they don't have the same allegiance to the club but still... how are people this stupid/ignorant, a start to the season without losing a single game, we finally lose (to the best team in the world as well it could be said) and people are saying we are bottling it....what!?!?

Honestly, the modern football fan - the ones you find on the net mostly... is a pathetic creature.

I see a Liverpool on the verge of something great, a few players more to upgrade our backups and I feel we can go big places... maybe even this season we have a strong chance for the league, we are certainly in a position to do so provided our XI stay healthy and focused but yeah, people need to get a grip.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: January 8, 2019, 09:52:00 am »
All those saying we disrespected the FA cup now, will be praising us cum may 2019 when we lift the premier league trophy.

Lets beat brighton and start a new run shall we
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #833 on: January 8, 2019, 09:55:05 am »
That just goes to show how fickle the modern fan is and moreso, the foreign fan (I say this as a foreigner albeit living in the UK since age 10)

People seem to be unable to cop with failure these days, Liverpool at the moment look a better side (first XI) than since I have been following them (1998) to be me that brings me great joy and belief, belief in us as a club and Klopp as a manager, slowly he is shaping this teams to be great, we aren't quite there yet because after our initial XI there is a big drop in quality at present which City for example simply don't have, they could field their "second XI" and still put a lot of the league to the sword, we cannot do that because we are building the team in a more financially sound manner, after H&G that is also great for me as a fan to see, the club ran responsibly so it will be here for many more years to come without questionable owners.

We lost our first game of the season last week, on BBC/Twitter/Instagram some reds were already saying WTF, we are shit/bottlers and yes, I even saw Klopp out, same after last night, admittedly a lot of those were our more fickle foreign lot and I get they don't have the same allegiance to the club but still... how are people this stupid/ignorant, a start to the season without losing a single game, we finally lose (to the best team in the world as well it could be said) and people are saying we are bottling it....what!?!?

Honestly, the modern football fan - the ones you find on the net mostly... is a pathetic creature.

I see a Liverpool on the verge of something great, a few players more to upgrade our backups and I feel we can go big places... maybe even this season we have a strong chance for the league, we are certainly in a position to do so provided our XI stay healthy and focused but yeah, people need to get a grip.

Anyone flaming the club on twitter and saying the shit like Klopp out are not "modern" fans, they are not fans at all and should fuck off and support City.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: January 8, 2019, 09:55:46 am »
To be fair, I didn't realise we were carrying so many with knocks or illness when I made my comments last night.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: January 8, 2019, 09:56:11 am »

That is the only important thing this morning. Focus on the next game and see where we are at the end of that. Then focus on the next one.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #836 on: January 8, 2019, 09:57:25 am »
So if Klopp won the FA Cup he would have been sacked? Don’t think so.

It’s not the team that was put out that’s the problem. It’s attitude that it doesn’t matter that’s the problem. Like it’s a positive that we got beat. Loads saying the same after man city beat us.

Also man city have closed the gap on us.

You missed the point spectacularly but well done.

The cold, hard reality is that for Liverpool, City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs, the Premier League and Champions League will take much greater  precedence over the FA Cup.  Success in those competitions or, in the case of Arsenal and Chelsea now, qualification for the Champions League take priority over the FA Cup - Van Gaal and Conte won the FA Cup and got sacked in large part because they didn’t meet expectations in the PL and CL.  That’s how it is now, as great as winning trophies is and as much as we all want Liverpool to win some, the FA Cup is not viewed by the bigger clubs in this country as a real barometer of success.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2019, 10:01:24 am by Djimi Smicer34 »

Offline Cheesehead

• Main Stander
« Reply #837 on: January 8, 2019, 09:57:40 am »
All those saying we disrespected the FA cup now, will be praising us cum may 2019 when we lift the premier league trophy.

Of course buts that’s a long way off. Don’t win the league or cL and people will question the decisions in the cups.

Everyone also just assumes we will be back on it at Brighton, but it doesn’t work like that.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #838 on: January 8, 2019, 09:59:24 am »

I'm English. I'm 50 years old. I never gave much of a shit about the FA Cup - because we never did very well in it, while we were winning league titles and European Cups. The players never gave much of a shit at all about the League Cup, until they decided to prove they could win it if they wanted to, and did so 4 years in a row. The first game I ever went to was a League Cup game at Sheffield United in 1978. We lost (my uncle supported Sheffield - "Does that make us European Champions now?"). Clemence, Neal, Thompson, Hughes, Kennedy, Case, McDermott, Souness, Kennedy, Heighway, Dalglish. European Champions. Sheffield United were in the 2nd Division. They got relegated to the 3rd that season.

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: January 8, 2019, 10:01:48 am »
I cannot believe the number of idiots who have insinuated that Klopp set the team up and sent them out to fail,some dickheads have also claimed that Jurgen looked upset when we equalised.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill