Author Topic: FA Cup: Wolves 2 v Liverpool 1 Jimenez ‘37 Neves ‘55 Origi ‘50  (Read 51250 times)

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FA Cup: Wolves 2 v Liverpool 1 Jimenez ‘37 Neves ‘55 Origi ‘50
« Reply #640 on: January 7, 2019, 11:15:15 pm »
Aside from the pitch quality, they couldn't have been a nicer opponent. Scarcely put in a challenge. Would be delighted to have them at home for the 3rd next year.
For a while after Lovren went off it was almost like they thought it only fair to let the 16 year old settle in for a while. Bizarrely uneventful first half hour.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #641 on: January 7, 2019, 11:15:50 pm »
Name one good journalist out there, who actually writes a good piece on football which doesn't involve agenda, biasety in one form or another? It's all waffle now.

I dont read the fuckin papers I was responding to a post earlier claining the was only one story - I pointed it won't be what's written FFS!

A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: January 7, 2019, 11:16:19 pm »
I'm sure someone said that's the third time we've gone out to a team starting with the letter W.

4th in 4 years under Klopp. West Ham, Wolves, West Brom and Wolves again.

It used to be lower league teams starting with B. Bolton, Bristol City, Blackburn, Burnley, Barnsley all in about 10 years.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: January 7, 2019, 11:16:50 pm »
I imagine he will take them away for some sun training when we have no games. I think that could be a crucial part of how he will prepare the team for the run in.

I would have loved to have won tonight, but now we are out I have to say 4 points clear with a very clear fixture list I'd have jumped at that pre-season.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #644 on: January 7, 2019, 11:17:26 pm »

It used to be teams starting with B. Bolton, Bristol City, Blackburn, Burnley, Barnsley all in about 10 years.

That is well weird.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: January 7, 2019, 11:18:28 pm »
I would have loved to have won tonight, but now we are out I have to say 4 points clear with a very clear fixture list I'd have jumped at that pre-season.

I would agree all the time in the world to prepare for those games in the league and the Champions League now. Hopefully City will suffer the other extreme.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: January 7, 2019, 11:19:40 pm »

It used to be lower league teams starting with B. Bolton, Bristol City, Blackburn, Burnley, Barnsley all in about 10 years.
Looks like Wigan's year next year then! :D

Offline ANFIELDGATES

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #647 on: January 7, 2019, 11:19:40 pm »
Klopp has essentially just given the team a winter break, they should be fresh and set up as can be now going into the second half of the season especially with a ten day break in between some games to come.

Now is the time to get their heads down and push on. Can't wait for Brighton.
..And you think brighton will be worried? We just lost lovren, we are awy from home in a tight pitch and very loud fans, that have a decent manager!! Im not all that optimistic as you on how its going to go but obviously i will be praying for a win...any kind of win. Brighton away is the biggest game of the season.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #648 on: January 7, 2019, 11:21:39 pm »
..And you think brighton will be worried? We just lost lovren, we are awy from home in a tight pitch and very loud fans, that have a decent manager!! Im not all that optimistic as you on how its going to go but obviously i will be praying for a win...any kind of win. Brighton away is the biggest game of the season.

Would Brighton be worried even if we had just won 8-0? They're professional footballers ffs. If they get worried just because we're coming to town then they might as well find a new profession. Who cares what they feel or think, we just have to be the better side on the day.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #649 on: January 7, 2019, 11:22:03 pm »

Went there last year when you could have said the same. Back 3 of Lovren, Gini and Can. Did alright.

Who will start that game who started tonight? Probably Fabinho. At a push one of Keita or Shaq. Don’t think this will have any bearing (baring?) on that game.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: January 7, 2019, 11:22:11 pm »

It's longer and wider than Anfield, but ok

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: January 7, 2019, 11:22:21 pm »
Why are we relying on luck, we need to look after them, which is why you rest them when you can. This is why I can't understand when people complain like today over losing this game. If you think us keeping them fit is just down to luck, then it goes without saying they need to be rested from time to time.

I've made the point before but it gets forgotten, I did not say the players should not be rested. They should all be rested at times throughout the season, the whole squad should be used but not in the way it was tonight.  Tonight it was clear thst players sharpness and the team had no cohesion, we have seen this before again lesser opposition. The fact it was Wolves away, allows us to make excuses and bemoan our bad luck with draws. We have had favourable draws in the past and found that throwing together players that do not regularly play together does not work.

I completely understand that we need to rotate, wrapping players up in cotton wool does not guarentee they remain fit. Look at the CL final, we lost Salah and you could instanly see the swing.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: January 7, 2019, 11:23:36 pm »

Every game we play from now on, will be the biggest game of the season though. No matter who we are playing. They are certainly decent but we should be able to put most of our strongest team out. We also tend to get going in the latter stages of the season.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #653 on: January 7, 2019, 11:23:47 pm »
The game has changed since those days, it's must faster then it was in the 70's and 80's.

You're right it was a mans game then, when you could put your foot in, play on a mud bath and go out to win every game in a red shirt.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: January 7, 2019, 11:24:17 pm »
I've made the point before but it gets forgotten, I did not say the players should not be rested. They should all be rested at times throughout the season, the whole squad should be used but not in the way it was tonight.  Tonight it was clear thst players sharpness and the team had no cohesion, we have seen this before again lesser opposition. The fact it was Wolves away, allows us to make excuses and bemoan our bad luck with draws. We have had favourable draws in the past and found that throwing together players that do not regularly play together does not work.

I completely understand that we need to rotate, wrapping players up in cotton wool does not guarentee they remain fit. Look at the CL final, we lost Salah and you could instanly see the swing.

So with hindsight, which league games in December would you go back and rotate in?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: January 7, 2019, 11:24:53 pm »
It's longer and wider than Anfield, but ok

;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #656 on: January 7, 2019, 11:25:54 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: January 7, 2019, 11:25:56 pm »
You're right it was a mans game then, when you could put your foot in, play on a mud bath and go out to win every game in a red shirt.

It was also slower. Also we didn't win every game. The whole league set up was different you cannot compare the two.

Offline ANFIELDGATES

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #658 on: January 7, 2019, 11:28:31 pm »
;D
Ok,always thought it looked compact and i know wolves are pros but with lovren out,it just changes the dynamic and its going to be a right battle and not as comfortable as some people may think.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #659 on: January 7, 2019, 11:28:42 pm »
It was also slower. Also we didn't win every game. The whole league set up was different you cannot compare the two.

Shhh. It doesn't fit the narrative. You had to be real hard to play back then. We won all our games and never suffered shock cup exits. All players nowadays are female genitalia and aren't fit to polish the boots of [insert name of player here].

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #660 on: January 7, 2019, 11:30:22 pm »
Shhh. It doesn't fit the narrative. You had to be real hard to play back then. We won all our games and never suffered shock cup exits. All players nowadays are female genitalia and aren't fit to polish the boots of [insert name of player here].

We lost to a lot of shite in the Cup in the 80s didn’t we? Brighton twice, Luton, Ron Atkinson’s United...

I know you know this by the way!

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: January 7, 2019, 11:32:16 pm »
So with hindsight, which league games in December would you go back and rotate in?

Would have looked at all of them leading up to the City game.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #662 on: January 7, 2019, 11:33:11 pm »

Wolves away?
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #663 on: January 7, 2019, 11:33:56 pm »
That definitely won't be the headline in the nationals tomorrow morning Yorky.

Didn't say it would be. But that's just fish and chip paper.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: January 7, 2019, 11:33:57 pm »
Well its the senior ones who deserve it to be fair.

Bullshit.

Young or old, they didn't go out there to play badly. No Liverpool player deserves being slated by their own.

Constructive criticism? Analysis? Summaries? Fine.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: January 7, 2019, 11:36:14 pm »
Wolves away?

That would have been a tough one, remember we're assuming in that situation that players are sharp and ready but that wouldn't be the case due to the lack of gametime given

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: January 7, 2019, 11:37:25 pm »
Wolves away?

;D

Well that's vague.

How would you have done it cohesively? When would you have given the three teenagers their debuts, so they could integrate before the big match today? Which game would you have put Mignolet in? You'd have started Origi in more games? Which games would Sturridge have started?

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jόrgen!
« Reply #667 on: January 7, 2019, 11:38:48 pm »
I wonder what the critics would say if VVD had started this game and he'd be the one who had to be taken off in the fifth minute. I really do.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskαs before the game against England in 1953

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: January 7, 2019, 11:40:14 pm »
I wonder what the critics would say if VVD had started this game and he'd be the one who had to be taken off in the fifth minute. I really do.

I know what I'd have been saying and it most definitely would not have been nice. I didn't even want Salah or Firmino to come on when we were losing.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #669 on: January 7, 2019, 11:41:46 pm »

Players are far fitter now to cope with the extra pace, also we now have more subs allowed and have bigger squads. Plus I never said we won every game.The football cup calendar was harder then with  2 legged League Cup games/countless replays on occasions when required.

And as I said we played on some terrible, strength draining pitches, it's all piss easy these days, hardly any real contact allowed.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2019, 11:43:19 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: January 7, 2019, 11:43:17 pm »
Everyone has opinions everyone is entitled to them, whether they be nonsense or not, thats fine with me. I am not arsed about lazy opinions and analysis from other groups, supporters of different clubs, pundits in the media, I don't pay attention to it. However what really perplexes me is the opinions of some supporters on here. Lazy opinions, overemotional opinions without objectivity without perspective without full logic and reason.

For the record I am gutted for the traveling Kop as they paid hard earned money to see the Red's tonight and it ended in disappointment. I am disappointed myself with the result, anytime we play I want us to win, regardless of who we line up. I said after the City game that I felt that winning as quickly as possible is important, winning breeds winning, it becomes a habit, but I didn't expect a full strength line up because of several obvious factors which I'll get into later.

Now when this draw was made, we got the worst draw out of all the top sides.
1. We got a draw against Wolves
2. We got a draw against Wolves away at Anfield, a side that has beaten top sides this year and we just experienced how difficult it is to play them with a full strength side two weeks ago. They didn't rest anyone today they played a full strength side.

I said at the time when the draw was made, that our line up will depend on where we are in the league. If we are drift from City too much, we'll might give it a go against Wolves, but if that isn't the case then the line up will not be near the full strength potential. So here were are top of the league, 4 points clear of City, which absolutely positively does not guarantee anything come end of May. However it does play a factor in terms of preparing for the 2nd half of the season. This club was built on winning trophies and I want us to win every trophy BUT, in the modern game, it's not easy being a manager and there are times when you have to make a decision between poor/unpopular choices. We've already had a grueling intense first part of the season perhaps with the most difficult set of fixtures compared to everyone else, playing at the intensity that we're playing and we are already short on players at the back. And with Van Dijk who was perhaps supposed to start tonight [and Klopp said that he couldn't play he hinted that there was a knock or an issue with him] we start with Lovren and Fabinho.

Within 5 minutes, Lovren pulls his hamstring. So right now we have 0 fit senior centerbacks perhaps Van Dijk isn't an issue and he plays at the weekend, but that still leaves us majorly short. So then how do you expect given this, and given the fact what is ahead of us in terms of games,schedule, and what is stake, that Klopp sends a full strength side in this fixture? Not ignoring already that Van Dijk for instance has played every game except one, Wijnaldum has missed 2 games, Salah has missed one or two games, Mane no more than a handful,etc.. Robertson rested once or twice and so on.

If Matip and Gomez are fit tonight you see a relatively strong B side minus Camacho,a 16 year old centerback and perhaps minus even Jones who played.  It's not like we sent out the players to Dubai and fielded the U13-s and got battered tonight. The senior players bar Fabinho, very massively disappointing but it's certainly not because they didn't have the quality to perform or do better than they did

Last season we played a full strength side against Everton and against West Brom in the FA Cup. We got knocked out. Different circumstances in the league last year in comparison to this year, that is clear. We are in a unique position and while there are no guarantees in football, additional fixtures certainly don't help us in any way shape or form get any closer to our goal, whether it be the league or progressing further in Europe. We do have a bigger squad than usual and a better squad in usual, but your squad is only as good as the injuries or lack of them, only City have the ability to compete in 4 fronts.

BUT it is absolutely ridiculous to suggest or hint that Klopp and the club are not trying to win a trophy. As it's been already pointed out on here in the last several years we've been to 3 cup finals we've been to semi-finals, we've been on the brink of winning, so anyone suggesting that Klopp or the club don't care about it or aren't wanting it badly enough clearly has been sniffing too much glue, that's as kindly as I can put it.

How all of this is hard to see and understand and comprehend is beyond me, and I wanted US TO WIN TONIGHT REGARDLESS. But why is it so difficult to grasp the context of the situation?

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: January 7, 2019, 11:47:54 pm »
;D

Well that's vague.

How would you have done it cohesively? When would you have given the three teenagers their debuts, so they could integrate before the big match today? Which game would you have put Mignolet in? You'd have started Origi in more games? Which games would Sturridge have started?

I would have played Allison and told Clyne we need him. The teenagers would have played minutes during the season if they were good enough and ready.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: January 7, 2019, 11:48:47 pm »
What an absolute bollock of a night that was.

First things first... hats off to the Wolves manager there who threw out a pretty full strength side out to the league leaders, whilst kicking about for the 'who knows/fingers crossed' 7th spot. 7th for Wolves looks fully deserved going by the way they go about things. Dad was a Wolves fan so maybe feeling a bit soft, but as soon as those team sheets appeared... after the City match, this looked a tough ask.

It asked questions and the answer was no.

Wolves won that game. They won because they knew we were going to have to rest players, which we did. Manager gave them a challenge and they rose to it brilliantly. Inadvertantly, he's sent out a clear message to many of the other Premier League managers not currently fighting for other things... that the FA Cup was worth playing for. I mean what sort of idiot wouldn't? So fair fucks.

Am not going to plough into our team, but fuck me.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: January 7, 2019, 11:50:29 pm »
I would have played Allison and told Clyne we need him. The teenagers would have played minutes during the season if they were good enough and ready.
In which games are you playing Clyne?

You missed out Sturridge Origi and Moreno too. What games should they have started in December?

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: January 7, 2019, 11:50:39 pm »
The exception to that of course was another gusto performance of 'Sign On'. Wake the fuck up you stupid c*nts.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: January 7, 2019, 11:50:46 pm »

But we didn't and became the first side in donkeys years (maybe ever) to take maximum points from those games.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: January 7, 2019, 11:52:36 pm »

You can't play the teenagers ahead of other players in the squad who are clearly good enough to be part of the side. There's a reason why we went 19 games unbeaten in the league and won as many points as we have. You only have 7 spots on the bench and there were times when fit, Clyne,Lovren/Matip,Lallana and Fabinho couldn't even make the bench let alone play in the first team.

This isn't football manager.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: January 7, 2019, 11:54:23 pm »
What an absolute bollock of a night that was.

First things first... hats off to the Wolves manager there who threw out a pretty full strength side out to the league leaders, whilst kicking about for the 'who knows/fingers crossed' 7th spot. 7th for Wolves looks fully deserved going by the way they go about things. Dad was a Wolves fan so maybe feeling a bit soft, but as soon as those team sheets appeared... after the City match, this looked a tough ask.

It asked questions and the answer was no.

Wolves won that game. They won because they knew we were going to have to rest players, which we did. Manager gave them a challenge and they rose to it brilliantly. Inadvertantly, he's sent out a clear message to many of the other Premier League managers not currently fighting for other things... that the FA Cup was worth playing for. I mean what sort of idiot wouldn't? So fair fucks.

Am not going to plough into our team, but fuck me.
I think you are being soft, I don't think they were anywhere close to brilliant.

One great shot from range and a 2v1 counter that we set up for them against a one man midfield on a midfield. Thought they were distinctly average. Against a pair on the right side of our defence who barely add up to 35 years of age together.

If we could have played one of Henderson or Fabinho, as hoped pre-CB injuries, I think we'd have shown them up.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: January 7, 2019, 11:55:07 pm »

But why is it so difficult to grasp the context of the situation?

It's not difficult.

Thanks for the effort mate. I am glad it wasn't a draw myself. I was happy with the team and despite obviously never playing together competitively before managed for most of the game to contain and dominate a full strength Wolves away from home.Fair play to Milner, Fabinho, Hoever, Jones, Comacho of the starters, I thought Origi had his moments, likewise Shaq.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: January 7, 2019, 11:58:55 pm »
In which games are you playing Clyne?

You missed out Sturridge Origi and Moreno too. What games should they have started in December?

What difference do my awnsers make mate, you won't agree and I respect that. If we win the league or miss out whilst going toe to toe with City then you're probably right in your opinion.

I would have been happy playing Clyne in any of those games if it meant having Trent tonight. I felt Clyne was superb in the United game.

Starting a sharp Sturridge against Newcastle or Shaqiri in place of Salah instead of a CM player or Lallana was an option. I would have used Origi early in the 2nd half against Arsenal.