Author Topic: The Jordan Pickford thread  (Read 198458 times)

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: The Jordan Pickford thread
« Reply #2040 on: February 14, 2023, 12:50:52 pm »
surely the keeper just needs to be told to dive to the left. The percentages aren't much help to him. Unless they've found a way to determine a player is less likely to go for their favoured spot, in which case knowing their second choice is of use.
Or maybe it's known how often they score in a particular area so the keeper shifts that way a bit , encouraging the shot the other way.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2041 on: February 14, 2023, 12:54:14 pm »
Seems more likely its just a mind-game thing for not very good keepers to try and use on penalty takers.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #2042 on: February 14, 2023, 12:58:05 pm »
 ;D

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2043 on: February 14, 2023, 01:03:40 pm »
He is England number one  ::)
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2044 on: February 14, 2023, 01:19:53 pm »
;D
Robbo asking him about the Calcutta cup?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2045 on: February 14, 2023, 02:04:57 pm »
A lot of sticks to beat the guy with but that isnt one of them

What exactly is wrong with knowing where a penalty taker is likely to go if he has to face them, thats good research.

Not remember a few years ago against City when Achterberg was gesticulating like mad at Alisson for what to do against City?

How is this different?

Dont get me wrong the man is an idiot, he brings a lot on himself
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2046 on: February 14, 2023, 02:31:30 pm »
Why was this idiot screaming at Darwin while he was on the ground after missing that chance from a tight angle?

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2047 on: February 14, 2023, 04:32:26 pm »

What exactly is wrong with knowing where a penalty taker is likely to go if he has to face them, thats good research.

Will Pickford end up, like, standing outside the goalpost as the ball goes straight in the middle of the goal?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2048 on: February 14, 2023, 05:46:53 pm »
Why was this idiot screaming at Darwin while he was on the ground after missing that chance from a tight angle?

Pickford? He hasn't taken his pills, I suppose ...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2049 on: February 14, 2023, 05:58:53 pm »
All that bottle tells me is that Pickford is so thick he needs to take a crib sheet onto the pitch with him to remind him wtf he is supposed to be doing.

Fuck all wrong with that RB. Bit fucking daft letting it be seen, but it's clever from the GK coaches. David Seaman used to watch videos of pen takers so he knew which way it would go, but back then the pan takers usually played 90 minsbut with the 5 subs rule, penalty takers get taken off late in games, so it's easier to mark it down and also know exactly where it will be placed.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2050 on: February 14, 2023, 05:59:38 pm »
Will Pickford end up, like, standing outside the goalpost as the ball goes straight in the middle of the goal?

That's Kepas domain that 😉
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2051 on: February 14, 2023, 06:21:09 pm »
Fuck all wrong with that RB. Bit fucking daft letting it be seen, but it's clever from the GK coaches. David Seaman used to watch videos of pen takers so he knew which way it would go, but back then the pan takers usually played 90 minsbut with the 5 subs rule, penalty takers get taken off late in games, so it's easier to mark it down and also know exactly where it will be placed.

Well admittedly, that makes some sense. And whilst there's always a risk of conceding a penalty, I can't help but think the Everton staff worry about it because they've got Pickford stuck between the sticks!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #2052 on: February 14, 2023, 06:35:13 pm »
Anyone else catch him air head butt the crowd in another angry response after the late save against Salah (I think it was)?

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2053 on: February 14, 2023, 06:47:54 pm »
Anyone else catch him air head butt the crowd in another angry response after the late save against Salah (I think it was)?

I reckon he's on something. He reminds me of those old videos of Hitler at the Olympics (I think??) twitching and fidgeting.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #2054 on: February 14, 2023, 07:52:00 pm »

Thought he promised to calm down and cut out that kind of immature nonsense...obviously not. He's made himself a bit of a laughing stock with his weird antics and it's all his own doing.

Must be a right nightmare to be in his defence. All the true great keepers where calmness personified, look at Clem, 100 per cent focused and barely raised his voice, Pickford is the total opposite.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #2055 on: February 14, 2023, 07:56:08 pm »
I reckon he's on something. He reminds me of those old videos of Hitler at the Olympics (I think??) twitching and fidgeting.

[EDUCATED GUESS]He's 'on the spectrum'.[/EDUCATED GUESS]

;)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2056 on: February 14, 2023, 08:21:40 pm »
Thought he promised to calm down and cut out that kind of immature nonsense...obviously not. He's made himself a bit of a laughing stock with his weird antics and it's all his own doing.

Must be a right nightmare to be in his defence. All the true great keepers where calmness personified, look at Clem, 100 per cent focused and barely raised his voice, Pickford is the total opposite.

I wish I could agree with this, but beyond ourselves and Newcastle, the rest of the English footballing world seems to be generally oblivious to what a raging pillock this man is, as well as not being a very good keeper at all.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2057 on: February 14, 2023, 08:24:44 pm »

;)
All this time I just thought he was a complete bellend.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2058 on: February 14, 2023, 08:48:37 pm »
Pretty open secret that there's an unnamed PL goalkeeper that has severe ADHD.

Not difficult to identify which one.

Symptoms being unable to keep still, constantly fidgeting, inability to concentrate on tasks, excessive physical movement, excessive talking, acting without thinking. Stimulant medication (most commonly prescribed) can help but often comes with side effects such as jitteriness, irritability, moodiness, headaches, stomach aches, fast heart rate, and high blood pressure, so patient compliance is an issue.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #2059 on: February 14, 2023, 08:51:08 pm »
;D
Seen this photo a lot today. Think I laughed every time
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2060 on: February 14, 2023, 08:52:53 pm »
Pretty open secret that there's an unnamed PL goalkeeper that has severe ADHD.

Not difficult to identify which one.

Symptoms being unable to keep still, constantly fidgeting, inability to concentrate on tasks, excessive physical movement, excessive talking, acting without thinking. Stimulant medication (most commonly prescribed) can help but often comes with side effects such as jitteriness, irritability, moodiness, headaches, stomach aches, fast heart rate, and high blood pressure, so patient compliance is an issue.

Literally never heard about such a secret. But I'm fairly certain there will be a whole bunch of footballers with ADHD.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2061 on: February 14, 2023, 08:54:02 pm »
Having ADHD isn't something to ridicule him for. If anything, he should be applauded for playing at the highest level of football if he suffers from it.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2062 on: February 14, 2023, 08:54:40 pm »

;)

This shit needs fucked off too.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2063 on: February 14, 2023, 08:58:21 pm »
Having ADHD isn't something to ridicule him for. If anything, he should be applauded for playing at the highest level of football if he suffers from it.
No hint of ridicule in my post Barney, if anything the opposite to counter people calling him a bellend etc.

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2064 on: February 14, 2023, 08:59:56 pm »
This shit needs fucked off too.

Why?

I haven't insulted him (or anyone).

Having a brother with Autism, I recognise some of the symptoms/signs.

Are we supposed to pretend it doesn't exist? Not mention such things?

Blimey!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2065 on: February 14, 2023, 08:59:58 pm »
No hint of ridicule in my post Barney, if anything the opposite to counter people calling him a bellend etc.

Nice one   :thumbup :thumbup

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2066 on: February 14, 2023, 09:00:49 pm »

Exactly.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2067 on: February 14, 2023, 09:01:40 pm »
Why?

I haven't insulted him (or anyone).

Having a brother with Autism, I recognise some of the symptoms/signs.

Are we supposed to pretend it doesn't exist? Not mention such things?

Blimey!

Apologies if I have taken your post the wrong way. Read like you were taking the piss out of him for it.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2068 on: February 14, 2023, 09:07:25 pm »
Hilarious to see him try and laugh back at Robbo  - the dumb c*nt didn't know how to respond. :lmao
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2069 on: February 14, 2023, 09:11:50 pm »
Apologies if I have taken your post the wrong way. Read like you were taking the piss out of him for it.

No mate, just offering a (possible) explanation for some of Pickford's 'mannerisms' is all.

No offence taken. Peace  :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 09:13:52 pm by A Red Abroad »

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #2070 on: February 14, 2023, 09:14:54 pm »
Like others have hinted at, I think he has a ' problem' actually started to feel some sympathy with him last night, I genuinely think he needs help.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2071 on: February 14, 2023, 09:22:18 pm »
No mate, just offering a (possible) explanation for some of Pickford's 'mannerisms' is all.

No offence taken. Peace  :)

Nice one.

He's still a dickhead  ;D

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2072 on: February 14, 2023, 09:33:19 pm »
He's still a dickhead  ;D
He's just an extremely limited goalkeeper both physically and psychologically, yet one who has somehow carved out a top flight PL career. He's also representative of the kid in school who was shite at football so got shoved into goal where as he went up the age levels, got a reputation for being a bit , well you know...'intense' before being let go from the academy at 16. Yet he managed to avoid that...somehow.

Worth a reminder that Everton paid £30m (yes THIRTY!) for him in 2017 (pre-Neymar market disruption), that he's constantly praised (inexplicably) for being England's first choice (also inexplicable) and will probably end up failing upwards (if it can be called that) with a lucrative move to Spurs when the Bitters get flushed in May.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 09:35:19 pm by rossipersempre »

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2073 on: February 14, 2023, 11:11:14 pm »
 8)
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #2074 on: February 14, 2023, 11:24:21 pm »
If I thought we had infinite lives and just get reborn, I think I would probably spend one of my lives watching Robbo shit housing pickford on a loop for 80 years

I’ve already seen it 100+ times and it’s not nearly old
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2075 on: February 15, 2023, 07:46:39 am »

It's tricky. We take the piss out of him for some if his behaviour. Yet it turns out they are probably symptoms.
If he wasn't diagnosed, can we still take the piss? Not having a dig, more voicing my introspection.

And the fear that we discover his brand of meds stunts limb growth.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2076 on: February 15, 2023, 08:36:00 am »

;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2077 on: February 15, 2023, 08:53:34 am »
Robbo channelling his inner Sam Allardyce

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2078 on: February 15, 2023, 09:50:25 am »
It's tricky. We take the piss out of him for some if his behaviour. Yet it turns out they are probably symptoms.
If he wasn't diagnosed, can we still take the piss? Not having a dig, more voicing my introspection.

He would still be a prick though irrespective. You have permission to call him a prick
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2079 on: February 15, 2023, 10:06:23 am »
It's important to remember not to define a person through their emotional or mental health. I know plenty of good people with issues, and I've also known few dicks.

On balance, Pickford tends to act like a jerk. I dont think a lack of spatial awareness  (for example) excuses him putting Virgil out for a season. Or his antics on a night out in Newcastle.  Plus his oddly goofy behaviour with his time wasting bellyflops.

If he has issues then I hope he is getting them seen to, but until I see him tone it down a bit I can only assume either he isnt - or his condition is so bad that this is as good as he gets. That's not very encouraging.

Popcorn's Art