Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1425235 times)

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
Re: Chasing the Title, The Pack Chasing Us
« Reply #4840 on: February 5, 2019, 09:04:15 pm »

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4841 on: February 5, 2019, 09:25:08 pm »

Don't bother mate, the season is over according to some of our fans. Man city have declared themselves champions anyway, they're picking up the trophy tomorrow after a guard of honour by the everton players...and fans.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4842 on: February 5, 2019, 09:28:34 pm »

Where's this from? Looks like transfermarkt...

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4843 on: February 5, 2019, 09:28:54 pm »

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4844 on: February 5, 2019, 09:29:47 pm »

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4845 on: February 5, 2019, 09:32:29 pm »
Wow Utd conceded 31 by this stage

Yeah that final title win by SAF might have been his greatest achievement as that team was trash.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4846 on: February 5, 2019, 09:32:51 pm »
Where's this from? Looks like transfermarkt...

Yes, it's from transfermarkt.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4847 on: February 5, 2019, 09:33:52 pm »
Trying to find it on there, can you post the link please?

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #4848 on: February 5, 2019, 09:35:57 pm »
Saw this rt'd before

Perception is a funny thing in football isn’t it. In the last ten games City have dropped 12 points, we’ve dropped 7.

City have lost to 3 of the teams outside the top 6, we’ve drawn against 2 of them

Yet Liverpool are percieved as the ones bottling it?

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4849 on: February 5, 2019, 09:37:10 pm »
Yea. Just see they have been made slight favourites for the league aswell and that super computer has them as league winners

Online slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4850 on: February 5, 2019, 09:38:43 pm »
I was leaving work earlier and a fella works with me, a manc said with a big grin on his face "some result for yous last night, its bloody brilliant being a Man Utd fan at the minute"
I didn't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for him, were we like that when Utd were 3 points clear at the top in the past ? i'd like to think not, that baffled me that one

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4851 on: February 5, 2019, 09:42:48 pm »
I think our forward passing needs to be much quicker. It causes panic, disorganisation in defence. More midfield runners. I was watching the city arsenal game and think it was after about 20 mins roughly, city had 8 players in Arsenal’s box during a random attack. Crazy really yet they don’t get caught in the counter a lot.
Too many times in the past few games we are passing sideways, back etc when we get to the final 1/3 then being swamped by their defence and teams are then breaking on us.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4852 on: February 5, 2019, 09:43:38 pm »
Trying to find it on there, can you post the link please?
...any chance?

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #4853 on: February 5, 2019, 09:44:35 pm »
I was leaving work earlier and a fella works with me, a manc said with a big grin on his face "some result for yous last night, its bloody brilliant being a Man Utd fan at the minute"
I didn't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for him, were we like that when Utd were 3 points clear at the top in the past ? i'd like to think not, that baffled me that one

Their standards have fallen so low that bringing in the manager of  Molde has given them a feelgood factor. If City keep winning titles, Utd won't even be the biggest club in their own city anymore. Don't they realize that? Imagine 10 years from now if it continues like this. City keeping winning titles and Utd keep being mediocre.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4855 on: February 5, 2019, 09:49:22 pm »
Saw this rt'd before

Perception is a funny thing in football isn’t it. In the last ten games City have dropped 12 points, we’ve dropped 7.

City have lost to 3 of the teams outside the top 6, we’ve drawn against 2 of them

Going to the last 10 conveniently gives you a 'safe big picture'

City have won 4 out of their last 5 games, including LFC and Arsenal, playing poorly in 1 game.

LFC have won 2 of their last 5 games, playing poorly in every game.

Thats what people are judging it on.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4857 on: February 5, 2019, 09:51:48 pm »

City have won 4 out of their last 5 games, including LFC and Arsenal, playing poorly in 1 game.

Well that conveniently doesn't include the injuries and problems we've had with players being available either, in crucial positions. That's what happens when you aren't bankrolled by a country and can field two sets of teams with not a significant drop off in quality.

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #4858 on: February 5, 2019, 09:51:57 pm »
Saw this rt'd before

I think it's more that City are favourites and we are not, therefore if/when we blow an opportunity, there is a strong likelihood they will take advantage and finish top and it will have been an opportunity missed. From that perspective some could say Liverpool bottled it.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4859 on: February 5, 2019, 09:52:12 pm »
Their standards have fallen so low that bringing in the manager of  Molde has given them a feelgood factor. If City keep winning titles, Utd won't even be the biggest club in their own city anymore. Don't they realize that? Imagine 10 years from now if it continues like this. City keeping winning titles and Utd keep being mediocre.
But haven't you heard, they'll be back next season so us missing out means we'll never win it.

For our fans, that have found it so difficult coping with the pressure of being top, it'll be a relief when city go above us tomorrow night [emoji39]

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4860 on: February 5, 2019, 09:54:43 pm »

Liverpool weren’t poor against City, and could have won. City were awful against Huddersfield and pretty average against Wolves.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4861 on: February 5, 2019, 09:57:05 pm »
I'd have to look at the betting markets but most xG models still have us as low 60% favorites to win the league even after the West Ham result.  538 has us at 61% to win the league and the 3rd rated team in the world for instance.

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #4862 on: February 5, 2019, 09:58:12 pm »
But haven't you heard, they'll be back next season so us missing out means we'll never win it.

For our fans, that have found it so difficult coping with the pressure of being top, it'll be a relief when city go above us tomorrow night [emoji39]

"Next year will be our year." - United fans.

Online goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #4863 on: February 5, 2019, 09:59:18 pm »
Have to say im somewhat conflicted by our season so far. Up until very recently  we have been clinical, professional, frugal with regard to conceding chances and let's be honest, at times things have gone our way in matches that we haven't played well in.

But we have seldom been paticularly brilliant in the way that title winners usually are for a spell and we ourselves have sporadically been in the previous few seasons.

The confliction is because I find myself one day thinking this is a good thing to the next thinking it's not. One day I think this team will move to a different level and with the title on the line will throw in a ten game streak where we will press the opposition into submission. The next I'm thinking, we haven't showed that side of ourselves this season, am I sure it is still there? One day I'm thinking we are at the top of the league without setting the world alight, the next thinking that we aren't actually capable of setting the world alight anymore. In other words, one day I'm a believer, the next day I'm a bedwetter!

One thing I'm not conflicted about though is that I've learned over the years that you can't win the league in the first 25 games, but you can certainly lose it.  Im happy we are in a great position, not just have we gave ourselves a chance, we are in pole position. Don't think we can ask for much more than that.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #4864 on: February 5, 2019, 10:02:10 pm »
Liverpool weren’t poor against City, and could have won. City were awful against Huddersfield and pretty average against Wolves.
Thing is,when utd have won league titles the line ''Good teams get results when playing badly'' is trotted out time and time again,yet when we do it,were fucking shite

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4865 on: February 5, 2019, 10:10:46 pm »
"Next year will be our year." - United fans.
Oh the irony [emoji23]

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4866 on: February 5, 2019, 10:19:21 pm »
On a slightly unrelated note - Carragher has slowly slipped high up my shit list.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4867 on: February 5, 2019, 10:19:53 pm »
On a slightly unrelated note - Carragher has slowly slipped high up my shit list.

He's been on there for me since he's been in the media. he's getting worse and worse.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4868 on: February 5, 2019, 10:21:17 pm »
I thought you lot were being paranoid when you said the world had become Anyone But Liverpool fans, but then I read the top-rated comments on the BBC's articles re: offside decisions at West Ham.

So apparently, Pellegrini dredging up some game 7 years ago in a different competition, between two different clubs, was "a class act, what we've all been thinking but the media refuses to report!". A comment claiming a conspiracy between the EPL, Referees Association and media to hand Liverpool the title had 130 likes, 30 dislikes. And in a great irony, posts calling Liverpool fans incorrigible whingers came top of the pile.

What's hard to tell is whether this collective football-related mental derangement has gotten worse with Brexit. I'd say it probably has. Think I might have to institute a self-imposed media blackout: it's starting to feel like that moment when you stop laughing at someone and realise there's something seriously wrong.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4869 on: February 5, 2019, 10:23:30 pm »
United away is going to be massive. It is the standout fixture and will be our game in hand.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4870 on: February 5, 2019, 10:24:37 pm »
I still think we’re winning this, as disappointing as the last few games have been.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4871 on: February 5, 2019, 10:25:32 pm »

He’s an utter bellend. Grateful for the player we had but he comes across as a clueless tit. The Robertson criticism yesterday was absolutely bizarre, doesn’t hack or get enough yellow cards?! Funnily enough I remember Carra hammering Moreno on Sky for recklessly diving in all the time so we just can’t win really.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4872 on: February 5, 2019, 10:30:41 pm »

Exactly,could easily have won that game and were only a gnats cock away from a draw.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4873 on: February 5, 2019, 10:33:52 pm »
Exactly,could easily have won that game and were only a gnats cock away from a draw.

Had City not got that goal on the stroke of half-time we would have been in a really good position going into the second half, one bit of magic changed the game. But those are the fine margins in a year like this one. No reason, why we cannot get back on form though and we are still in a great position. We just need to push on.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4874 on: February 5, 2019, 10:36:44 pm »
I still think we’re winning this, as disappointing as the last few games have been.

Is it just a feeling you have or do you see clear advantages for us that you think will get us there?  Note, I tend to agree with you.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4875 on: February 5, 2019, 10:52:14 pm »
the media love ramping up the pressure on us. we really do get different treatment to other teams.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4876 on: February 5, 2019, 10:55:12 pm »
Is it just a feeling you have or do you see clear advantages for us that you think will get us there?  Note, I tend to agree with you.
Just a feeling really. Even in our “blip” we’ve still picked up points whereas City lost to Newcastle, lost to Leicester, lost to Crystal Palace. Everyone expects us to drop points again, and we probably will, but based on this season so far how can anyone then say that City won’t? We’re ahead of them because we’ve been better than them. Once TAA is back and our defence is settled again I think we’ll be fine.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4877 on: February 5, 2019, 10:55:59 pm »
the media love ramping up the pressure on us. we really do get different treatment to other teams.

If I were Guardiola I would be telling my players to look on social media and the internet and see how Liverpool’s own fans are turning on them, ramping up the pressure and seeing how the media is making them lose their heads.

That was probably part of the thinking of bringing the game forward against Everton. He will be using all this hysteria to keep his players motivated and believing that we will lose and they have to take advantage.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4878 on: February 5, 2019, 10:56:37 pm »

But why do they do it? Because it works, they know social media will react to it and it does. Besides which why does anyone care what people think about us or the club? The media should be treated with utter comtempt.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4879 on: February 5, 2019, 10:58:44 pm »
Just a feeling really. Even in our “blip” we’ve still picked up points whereas City lost to Newcastle, lost to Leicester, lost to Crystal Palace. Everyone expects us to drop points again, and we probably will, but based on this season so far how can anyone then say that City won’t? We’re ahead of them because we’ve been better than them. Once TAA is back and our defence is settled again I think we’ll be fine.

Once the Champions League will start it will be a help as well, getting in the habit of playing regular games again which means we can refind some of the rhythm we have currently lost. Though as you say, at least we are still adding to the points.