Author Topic: What's your bold predictions for the next season?  (Read 156342 times)

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Re: What's your bold predictions for the next season?
« Reply #1000 on: May 29, 2022, 12:55:56 pm »
I've got a feeling we'll come out strong in the league and we'll be top when the World Cup break comes around. City might just struggle a touch in adapting Haaland. Not a big lead, maybe 3 or 4 points, but I think we'll set the pace. Who knows post Qatar.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1001 on: May 29, 2022, 12:58:33 pm »
We need a nice and easy fixture list to start us off to hopefully rack up a few kickings and minimise risk of a hangover. Probably very similar to this season; top 2 in the league, latter stages of the Champions League. Hopefully the breaks go our way this time.

Offline VictoryFor96

• Main Stander
« Reply #1002 on: May 29, 2022, 01:23:14 pm »
Think you’re on the wrong forum thread lid

Isnt that Liverpool are Shirte one??  ;D

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1003 on: May 29, 2022, 01:29:00 pm »
We need a nice and easy fixture list to start us off to hopefully rack up a few kickings and minimise risk of a hangover. Probably very similar to this season; top 2 in the league, latter stages of the Champions League. Hopefully the breaks go our way this time.

Feel the exact same. I think there's two teams that can realistically win the league and a handful you'd expect to see fighting in Europe at the death. I'm not completely discounting anything, if you told me now Chelsea would win the league next season I'd be surprised but not shocked, but you just can't look past ourselves and City and the usual suspects in Europe. As you say next year we might get things our way in one of them, hopefully both.

As for everything else I see no reason why we can't do our best again in the FA Cup or League Cup. I think Klopp's outlook has usually always been to pick a side that can beat the opposition. If we play a League 1 side at home you're going to get squad players and young lads in but we've proven time and time again that can be enough. A firm of teenagers beat a lower league quality side a couple of years back, the win against Shrewsbury at Anfield was really good too. On the other hand if we're playing a side around us in the league in a cup tie you'd expect to see a stronger side to give us more a chance of beating them. I hope that these successes in the domestic cups this season aren't seen as something to just 'complete the set' in a way, I hope we try and win them again going forward in addition to the big ones.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1004 on: May 29, 2022, 01:38:12 pm »
Predictions can wait until we see what we do in the transfer window and who stays or goes. We’ll be ready to go and all will be behind us when the new season kicks off, no concerns there.

I do expect us to shake things up a bit. We need a more consistent and less stressful ways of piercing through low block teams - which is most teams against us. Can easily see some completely unexpected signings and more pronounced roles for some young players like Elliot or Carvalho.

We’ll challenge again and once it comes closer to the end - we’ll be stronger because of the experience of this season.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1005 on: May 29, 2022, 02:17:45 pm »
We'll win the league. I don't think it'll be a blow out like it was when we last won the title but I think it'll be fairly comfortable (relatively speaking) and won't go to the last game of the season.

Reasons why I think this:

1. We were the superior side to Man City in the second half of the season, that is unquestionable when you look at the points accumulated by both teams over the same period. It took awhile to get back into full flow with Van Dijk returning from a serious injury and Klopp trying to find the right balance for the team meant we dropped more points than we should have done in the first half of the season. We're not having to reintegrate key players going into the season so there should be fewer dropped points early on.

2. We'll be more motivated than City to win the league, Klopp will channel the disappointment of missing out by such a narrow margin in a positive way. City of course will be motivated but they'll want the Champions League more than anything and with them winning back to back to league titles they won't have the same level of motivation to win it's only natural and happens to the best teams. When there is not much difference quality wise between the two teams, one team being a little bit more motivated can make a big difference

3. Salah has a full summer of rest coming and gets a long winter break while the world cup is on due to Egypt missing out when so many other top players will be wearing themselves out in the Qatari heat. Could be such a difference maker if he is much fresher compared with everyone else come the business end of the season. I could actually see this being his best season in a Liverpool shirt he was so good in the first half of the season and bailed us out while rest of the team was getting back up to speed but I think physical and mental fatigue with the AFCON took its toll.

4. Players like Diaz, Konate and Jota will have had time to integrate into the team, we know it takes time for players coming into a Klopp system to be at their best so hopefully there is much more to come from them next season.

5. No Covid related disruptions (hopefully) other teams got devastated by this over Christmas while Man City were fortunate this did not happen to them, it should be a more even playing field next season

Of course injuries can skew predictions like this, so this assumes similar injury levels to the season just gone where there were no catastrophic season ending injuries early on in the season. Not going to predict specific cups as luck comes into it a lot more (see last night for a prime example) but I'd say we'll win at least 1 cup given the overall quality of our squad.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1006 on: May 29, 2022, 02:21:13 pm »
We'll win the league. I don't think it'll be a blow out like it was when we last won the title but I think it'll be fairly comfortable (relatively speaking) and won't go to the last game of the season.

1. We were the superior side to Man City in the second half of the season, that is unquestionable when you look at the points accumulated by both teams over the same period. It took awhile to get back into full flow with Van Dijk returning from a serious injury and Klopp trying to find the right balance for the team meant we dropped more points than we should have done in the first half of the season. We're not having to reintegrate key players going into the season so there should be fewer dropped points early on.

2. We'll be more motivated than City to win the league, Klopp will channel the disappointment of missing out by such a narrow margin in a positive way. City of course will be motivated but they'll want the Champions League more than anything and with them winning back to back to league titles they won't have the same level of motivation to win it's only natural and happens to the best teams. When there is not much difference quality wise between the two teams, one team being a little bit more motivated can make a big difference

3. Salah has a full summer of rest coming and gets a long winter break while the world cup is on due to Egypt missing out when so many other top players will be wearing themselves out in the Qatari heat. Could be such a difference maker if he is much fresher compared with everyone else come the business end of the season. I could actually see this being his best season in a Liverpool shirt he was so good in the first half of the season and bailed us out while rest of the team was getting back up to speed but I think physical and mental fatigue with the AFCON took its toll.

4. Players like Diaz, Konate and Jota will have had time to integrate into the team, we know it takes time for players coming into a Klopp system to be at their best so hopefully there is much more to come from them next season.

5. No Covid related disruptions (hopefully) other teams got devastated by this over Christmas while Man City were fortunate this did not happen to them, it should be a more even playing field next season

Of course injuries can skew predictions like this, so this assumes similar injury levels to the season just gone where there were no catastrophic season ending injuries early on in the season. Not going to predict specific cups as luck comes into it a lot more (see last night for a prime example) but I'd say we'll win at least 1 cup given the overall quality of our squad.

Sir your dissertation has been so logically laid out. I award you a first 😁
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: May 29, 2022, 02:25:20 pm »
I will say something a bit controversial here but now that Kloppo and the majority of this squad have won evrey major available to us after the Cup wins this season, I'd "fuck off" the FA Cup and League Cup next season.

It's not a stick you can beat Kloppo with now that he doesn't take the Cups seriously.  Focus on League and Champions League again.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1008 on: May 29, 2022, 02:34:33 pm »
Depends on the reinforcements…

Right now the fact is we scored less goals than usually…

Offline Andre

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1009 on: May 29, 2022, 06:36:43 pm »
Make it to all three finals and be in contention for 1st place in league come gameweek 38.

Nah, just kidding. No team is that good.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1010 on: May 29, 2022, 07:47:31 pm »
Not sure about these shouts of fuckin off the domestic cups. Weren’t we 14 points behind before we even started the FA Cup. It’s not like during the early rounds any of the main first 11 play much. The main difference this season was we got some decent draws for a change.

I don’t think us going all the way in the Cups had a massive impact on us not winning the other two, we don’t focus on them above the league or CL. If we’d have not won them we may have ended up with nothing this season.

No doubt we all know which are the two priorities at the start and I’m sure we’ll be challenging for both once again, but if we can pick up bonuses along the way I’m all for it
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1011 on: May 29, 2022, 08:19:54 pm »
League and CL Champions.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1012 on: May 29, 2022, 08:21:18 pm »
Charity Shield
League Cup
FA Cup
League Title
European Cup
World Cup
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1013 on: May 29, 2022, 08:25:43 pm »
The usual priorities
League. Though with the sports washers involved it's a near perfect season required
CL. There are really only a few teams still geared to win it, Us, Madrid, city and maybe Chelsea / psg anyone else would be a surprise.
Any other cup is a bonus

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: May 29, 2022, 08:27:18 pm »
Not sure about these shouts of fuckin off the domestic cups. Weren’t we 14 points behind before we even started the FA Cup. It’s not like during the early rounds any of the main first 11 play much. The main difference this season was we got some decent draws for a change.

I don’t think us going all the way in the Cups had a massive impact on us not winning the other two, we don’t focus on them above the league or CL. If we’d have not won them we may have ended up with nothing this season.

No doubt we all know which are the two priorities at the start and I’m sure we’ll be challenging for both once again, but if we can pick up bonuses along the way I’m all for it

Yeah fuck that,we'll win the lot or at least go down trying.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #1015 on: May 29, 2022, 08:40:25 pm »

Problem with injuries is that we get hit pretty rough with them. Last season was a complete phenomena and probably not repeatable. I still rub my eyes in disbelief that Matip, Gomez, Keita and Origi were not laid out on treatment tables for half the season.

Sadly, I see a bit of correction happening with those four (well three, Origi's gone). As a result we'll need the likes of Rhys Williams getting more game time than I'd like.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: May 29, 2022, 08:41:40 pm »
We are winning all 4 next season. Going to be epic  :wave
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1017 on: May 29, 2022, 08:42:03 pm »
We are winning all 4 next season. Going to be epic  :wave
Yes mate! Roll on next season :)

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1018 on: May 30, 2022, 01:22:36 am »
I think we'll lose a few legends eg Divock, possibly Sadio and a few others who might want more football in a world cup year eg Ox, Taki, Gomez. I think we'll also sign perhaps 2 more players for our project.

I have no idea how they season will go, but I think id like to see the younger lads get a chance to go deeper in the cups eg even if we are in the semis or final get Kelleher, Kostas, Curtis, Morton, Carvalho and Harvey on. They need the experience of playing in big games against good players, how else are they going to be useful for the next CL final or the next etc.

I think we have enough talented players to go again. The world cup might throw a spanner in the works.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1019 on: May 30, 2022, 02:37:17 am »
Fuck all the cups off bar the CL and go all out for the league.

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite
« Reply #1020 on: May 30, 2022, 02:39:14 am »
Number 20 will happen. I don't know what else we'll win but just a gut feeling already that there is determination from Klopp and the players to take command of the title race from the off like we did in 2019-20.

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #1021 on: May 30, 2022, 04:21:16 am »
- Luis Diaz finally realising he isn't a LW, but a mercurial no.9
- Konate making Haaland looking like a child.
- Jota to win golden boot.

No.20

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1022 on: May 30, 2022, 07:14:03 am »
Fuck all the cups off bar the CL and go all out for the league.

What he said…we need to aim for 30 wins in the league really. They used to say don’t look at the league table until October, but every game is like it’s a must win from the start against Abu Dhabi fc.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 07:17:24 am by Brain Potter »

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1023 on: May 30, 2022, 07:21:25 am »
It was great to win those two domestic trophies this season. No doubt the extra games had a bearing on our season. Not sure we drop points to Spurs, we looked leggy that game.

I think Klopp will prioritise PL and CL next season in terms of how he approaches the League Cup and FA Cup, regardless how far we get in those two I think he will put out considerably weaker teams.

I think we will be just as strong next season, the question is to what extent Haaland improves city and their overall form. I think we get 90 plus points again and make the final of the CL again.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 07:23:25 am by naYoRHa2b »

Offline Mini Soda Scousephile

• Give us a snog, now.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • At the end of the storm there's a golden sky
« Reply #1024 on: May 31, 2022, 12:00:46 am »
We don't lose a single match in any competitions.

Hey, have to stay positive
(Plus it gives some wiggle room with draws  :D )

Also, I move to England!
(Hey, one of these years it has to happen  ;D Help  :butt )

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: May 31, 2022, 12:15:59 am »
We will win the Premier ( by a wide margin) and Champions League.

Offline Red Dane

• Kopite
  • Probinate nobis similibusque
« Reply #1026 on: May 31, 2022, 12:47:36 am »
Win PL, and CL (if we don't face Real in the final)
Every power draws its ultimate consequences at every moment. Supposing that this also is only interpretation-and you will be eager enough to make this objection?-well, so much the better. (Nietzsche; Beyond Good & Evil, p. 30-31).

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1027 on: May 31, 2022, 12:52:01 am »
I will say something a bit controversial here but now that Kloppo and the majority of this squad have won evrey major available to us after the Cup wins this season, I'd "fuck off" the FA Cup and League Cup next season.

It's not a stick you can beat Kloppo with now that he doesn't take the Cups seriously.  Focus on League and Champions League again.

Agreed. I've moaned about us not taking them seriously in the past but we've won them under Klopp now, they can wait a few years if needs be. Our second string is still good enough to progress far in those competitions but I wouldn't risk any key players in them before the final next season.

It's time to win the PL again.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #1028 on: May 31, 2022, 12:56:18 am »
We’ll get 99 points in the league but the cheating sports washers will get 100.   That’s unless the premier finally get their act together and find them guilty of cheating FFP, I won’t hold my breath.   In the champions league we’ll get to the final again where if we play Madrid again we’ll get beat Orr if it’s anyone else we’ll win on pens.  Up the mighty reds.

In all seriousness I want number 20.  That’ll do for me.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1029 on: May 31, 2022, 02:57:51 am »

Klopp even when winning the cups this year played the youth and reserves until the semi finals mostly. He really only uses the key Player in the attack the last 30 minutes of a cup game if needed. The Focus is always on League and Champions League but Good draws in the Cups helped go far along with the reserves and youth players doing the job.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1030 on: May 31, 2022, 08:16:01 am »
My bolt prediction is that either Liverpool or Man City are out of sight from the other by January (8+ points)

What team it is depends on if Haaland hits the ground running or not.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1031 on: May 31, 2022, 09:36:21 am »

If we had the same team i`d fancy us to go on a long unbeaten run like our championship winning team. Unfortunately, that`s a big if. It looks like we will have to bed in new players. I guess Juergen would initially ease these guys in and stick with what`s left of the "old guard" first though.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1032 on: May 31, 2022, 03:16:42 pm »
Will win either PL or CL. Footy relies on a bit of good fortune but am 100% the lads will be spurred on after the weekend. Us fans are typically up for it. Bring it on!
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1033 on: May 31, 2022, 03:35:27 pm »
WINNING TE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
2ND IN THE LEAGUE

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1034 on: May 31, 2022, 04:12:39 pm »
The first part of the season will be hectic with 16 league games and 6 CL group games to be played before the break for the World Cup on 13th November. By the same date last season we had only played 11 league games and 4 CL games. 7 extra games with the season only starting a week earlier. There are two less league cup rounds and only one international break in September but it seems there will be more midweek Premier League rounds in the first half of the season than we're used to.

We will have quite a few players not going to the WC - Salah, Keita, Diaz, Matip, Jones, Tsimikas, Gomez(?), Konate (?) and possibly Robbo. They should be fit and fresh for the second half of the season, starting back on Boxing Day. The only City players I can think of that will miss the WC are Haaland and Mahrez.

I think if we can hit the ground running next season and be top of the league by the time the break comes we'll win it fairly comfortably.

I also think Salah will score 30+ league goals next season.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #1035 on: May 31, 2022, 05:43:21 pm »
English Champions.

CL semi-finalists. But if we reach the Final, then Champions of Europe too.

Deep in both domestic cups.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #1036 on: June 4, 2022, 06:07:35 pm »
Premier League champions and Champions League champions. We go again the mighty reds!!!

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1037 on: June 4, 2022, 08:14:53 pm »
Similar to the season just gone, challenge for everything, win a couple of pots, no idea which ones though.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1038 on: June 4, 2022, 10:43:27 pm »
The built on the deaths of slaves World Cup will fuck our season up, but no one will give a shit about the 6500 lives lost just so long as we don't win the league
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #1039 on: June 4, 2022, 11:27:22 pm »
Premier League or Champions League winners. I think we will be out of the FA cup in the 4th or 5th round, and the league cup in the quarter finals.  It will be Man City who everybody will be talking about regarding the quadruple.   
« Last Edit: June 4, 2022, 11:29:15 pm by Red1976 »