Author Topic: Amazon win Premier League package from 2019  (Read 27037 times)

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Re: Amazon win Premier League package from 2019
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2019, 06:07:36 pm »
So how will pubs be able to show amazon games? Because i'm definitely not watching the derby at home!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2019, 06:09:35 pm »
So how will pubs be able to show amazon games? Because i'm definitely not watching the derby at home!

Log in to someones amazon account on a Firestick plugged into the big telly? Or do it on a laptop and run the tellys as multiple monitors.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2019, 06:11:36 pm »
Really interested in who they'll go with for the commentary teams. They'll need 10 sets of teams.

Probably use the commentators on the world feeds?

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2019, 06:14:06 pm »
Log in to someones amazon account on a Firestick plugged into the big telly? Or do it on a laptop and run the tellys as multiple monitors.

is it that simple though? Think of bars with loads and loads of screens, easy with Sky/BT as it comes from a box and satellite

its going to be a massive blow for pubs

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2019, 06:16:01 pm »
Amazon are like a cancer. Fucking tax dodging parasites!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2019, 06:18:28 pm »
is it that simple though? Think of bars with loads and loads of screens, easy with Sky/BT as it comes from a box and satellite

its going to be a massive blow for pubs

Probably similar to Sky, in that they will have a more expensive Prime package for pubs I would have imagined.

We'll find out how much Amazon are tracking us and our locations when we find out how they do it.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2019, 06:22:12 pm »
Amazon are like a cancer. Fucking tax dodging parasites!

This

Luckily I'm a subscription dodging parasite so they'll be getting fuck all off of me but I'll deffo be watching our games

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2019, 06:59:25 pm »
This

Luckily I'm a subscription dodging parasite so they'll be getting fuck all off of me but I'll deffo be watching our games

:thumbup

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2019, 07:03:22 pm »
Really interested in who they'll go with for the commentary teams. They'll need 10 sets of teams.
id expect them to use the current ones that do commentary on the games for premier league games we can all watch regularly overseas anyway to save expense

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2019, 07:13:16 pm »

Here in Canada, DAZN has bought the rights to all premier league games and had the cl this past season. They're an online subscription service too. The local pub had a lot of difficulties first few games getting them all up on the multiple screens around the place. I think we missed 15 minutes of the beginning of the second half for our first game at home to PSG.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2019, 07:13:23 pm »

Best thing they could do is ask the sides playing if they could use their in commentators and then give the viewer the choice of the two.I am assuming that other sides have comms like we do on LFCtv.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2019, 07:45:31 pm »

Best thing they could do is ask the sides playing if they could use their in commentators and then give the viewer the choice of the two.I am assuming that other sides have comms like we do on LFCtv.

Not a chance will every team have their own commentary team, apart from maybe radio. Plus the LFC commentators are bad.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2019, 08:21:46 pm »
Not a chance will every team have their own commentary team, apart from maybe radio. Plus the LFC commentators are bad.

Ah dont knock Steve Hunter (who's I swear has been there since 1892) and Aldo (who I think got kicked out of Radio city studios, walked out of St Johns beacon, jumped on the 917 bus with the last £2.30 he has, stumbled into the LFCTV studios rain sodden and the guys said 'Can we keep him'). :P
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 08:23:29 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2019, 10:21:15 pm »
The Amazon/Netflix service will be a 5-year interregnum before the Premier League take it all in-house and go down the US sports pathway.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2019, 10:51:54 pm »

I was talking about radio & I like Aldo & Hunter,they're biased as fuck,as they should be on our own station.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2019, 10:52:17 pm »

Worse than Tyler, McManaman etc, etc?

Not a chance.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2019, 10:57:31 pm »
Ah dont knock Steve Hunter (who's I swear has been there since 1892) and Aldo (who I think got kicked out of Radio city studios, walked out of St Johns beacon, jumped on the 917 bus with the last £2.30 he has, stumbled into the LFCTV studios rain sodden and the guys said 'Can we keep him'). :P

It was him who completely lost the plot when Mellor scored the winner VS Arsenal in Rafa's first season, right?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2019, 11:08:22 pm »
Well i already have Amazon Prime so this is good news for me, also anything that erodes Sky's power base is great news.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2019, 12:21:37 am »
Well i already have Amazon Prime so this is good news for me, also anything that erodes Sky's power base is great news.

Disagree. Consumers now need 3 subscriptions to watch things legally. Last season it was 2.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2019, 12:46:29 am »
Disagree. Consumers now need 3 subscriptions to watch things legally. Last season it was 2.

Not necessary, Amazon Prime is free for the first month, both rounds of matches Amazon are showing are in December, & you can cancel anytime.

Just too add, Amazon only got the package as it was so poor value no one else that bid, reached the minimum reserve price, & that it went to another round too.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 12:53:07 am by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2019, 09:04:25 am »
Not necessary, Amazon Prime is free for the first month, both rounds of matches Amazon are showing are in December, & you can cancel anytime.

Just too add, Amazon only got the package as it was so poor value no one else that bid, reached the minimum reserve price, & that it went to another round too.

:D

Aslong as they keep the free trial offer running in December

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2019, 09:08:28 am »
I'm surprised the online thing hasn't taken off already in England though.

Here in India, we have a streaming service called Hotstar (formerly owned by Fox, now part of Disney) that lets you watch every single game live, plus it also has tons of other TV shows and movies including HBO originals, all for less than 12 pounds a year in Full HD with Sky commentary (not sure if that's a good or a bad thing)
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2019, 10:22:43 am »
Premier league should just stick it all on one platform like Netflix and charge say £x a month , I’d see them making much more money and a cheaper service to the fans .

Never have  any Trouble with Netflix streaming .

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2019, 10:28:03 am »
Did I read it’d cost near a grand to get all the live games in England?
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2019, 10:32:25 am »
Did I read it’d cost near a grand to get all the live games in England?

Sky sub with Sports is £45 (£50 for HD) a month, so £540 a year.

BT is £30 a month (£36.50 for HD), so £360 a year.

Amazon is £7, no min contract so just £7 for Dec.

Total is £907. £1045 in HD.

That’s without equipment / one off costs, and doesn’t include internet costs.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2019, 10:33:12 am »
Fuck...
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2019, 10:35:24 am »
Looking at that it would make sense for the PL to launch it’s own worldwide streaming service. You could probably charge £20+ a month (all games) and absolutely rake it in.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2019, 10:38:52 am »
Looking at that it would make sense for the PL to launch it’s own worldwide streaming service. You could probably charge £20+ a month (all games) and absolutely rake it in.

That’s sort of what we get in Australia.

Can watch any/every PL game plus CL plus EL for 15 AUD a month. And that 15 bucks was included free on my phone plan due to the service being hosted by a phone company
Obi-Wan:

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2019, 10:43:37 am »

You know for a fact in the UK they would rather sell a low amount of subs for top dollar than make it affordable for everyone though

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2019, 10:58:45 am »

That is insane. I pay 1,000 rupees a year while you guys would have to pay 1,000 pounds. And even then it's not for EVERY game.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2019, 11:44:19 am »
I've got both  Amazon prime and Netflix, Amazon is shite, wish it was on netflix instead, much better with better content

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2019, 03:36:40 pm »
Does depend on the contract you have. Most packages have films, internet and landline phone thrown in as well.

I pay £89 a month for SKY (sport, movies boxsets etc), BT Sport, Fibre broadband and landline

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2019, 03:43:47 pm »

They sold the TV rights for 4.4billion for 3 seasons wasn't it? That's without the last 2 packages added on. So they would need to charge hundreds and still get a lot of subscriptions to make that much....

Or am I being too simplistic?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2019, 03:44:34 pm »
And that is why we stream.

For what it is worth I pay 1,600 baht for a yearly subscription to Bein Sports here in Thailand. That is literally all Premier League games live. For 41 pounds sterling. On Saturdays you have the choice of 3 o clocks.

But we don't get domestic cups here, and champions league is unreliable at best.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2019, 03:46:27 pm »

Yes!
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2019, 03:48:48 pm »
They sold the TV rights for 4.4billion for 3 seasons wasn't it? That's without the last 2 packages added on. So they would need to charge hundreds and still get a lot of subscriptions to make that much....

Or am I being too simplistic?

Seen some rough figures that viewing figures for us vs United is between 600-700m.

Let's assume, worldwide, a well priced PL streaming service that shows every single game live & on demand gets 100m customers.

Even at just £5 a month that would be a ridiculous amount of money - and that's before adverts and sponsors.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2019, 11:41:31 am »
How is it a misinterpretation of the law? Did Sky not have a monopoly?

Breaking up the monopoly from the customer's perspective would have been to allow multiple companies to show the same games and you then chose who to get them from, all this has done is split it up into multiple smaller monopolies.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: June 15, 2019, 11:48:53 am »
That said, the FA are still stuck in time. In 2018 we should be able to stream ALL games. And that includes 3pm games and shitty Burnley vs Stoke type games too. It's completely unfair for fans a) to have to subscribe to multiple packages; and b) having to wait until MOTD to watch a game.

And we all know 99% of football fans won't miss a game - they will illegally stream. Surely providing a complete streaming service would make them just as much money?!! They offer legitimate streaming in other countries. I just don't get it.

It is supposedly about protecting live attendances, particularly at smaller teams that would suffer if people had the option of watching their main team on the tv instead, it completely overlooks the obvious options of moving lower division games away from 3pm so that people could go out and watch their local side and still watch their main team on the tv, unlike now where they'd just stay in and watch the illegal stream of their main team.

If they did something like move lower league kickoffs to midday on sat and sun, more people might go to those before getting home to watch PL games at say 4pm also being spread over the two days with say one late PL game on each day.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 11:59:47 am by Skeeve »

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2019, 09:27:14 pm »
Breaking up the monopoly from the customer's perspective would have been to allow multiple companies to show the same games and you then chose who to get them from, all this has done is split it up into multiple smaller monopolies.

It’d be good if Sky etc offered football (or Premier League) only packages - BT offer a sports only package I think?. I’d never subscribe to either Sky or BT (definitely not Sky anyway) because I don’t want anything else included in their subs. You’d have to pay a silly amount of money each month to get the max number of televised games legally, but you’d also end up with a load of TV channels that you don’t want and would never watch.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2019, 08:17:12 am »

Thats ridiculous!

No wonder so many people try stream it for free off pirate sites