Author Topic: Amazon win Premier League package from 2019  (Read 26915 times)

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Amazon win Premier League package from 2019
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2019, 11:12:45 am »
I don't know if it will ever happen, and I don't know if it would be good for the game, but I would love to be able to pay 1 company for Liverpool games only. 99% of club football I watch involves Liverpool. In fact the only 2 non-Liverpool games I watched last season were United-City and City-Leicester (for obvious reasons).

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2019, 11:21:48 am »
I don't know if it will ever happen, and I don't know if it would be good for the game, but I would love to be able to pay 1 company for Liverpool games only. 99% of club football I watch involves Liverpool. In fact the only 2 non-Liverpool games I watched last season were United-City and City-Leicester (for obvious reasons).

I agree, I rarely watch football unless it involves us so such a service would be really good.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2019, 11:27:54 am »

If the PL ever streamed on their own service they could arguably have two levels - one to pay for games for just one club, the other for all games/content.

They must surely be looking at this, and whilst it may not happen in the next 5 or so years I can certainly see it being the case within a decade. Too much money to be made by the clubs for them not to be pushing for this.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2019, 12:00:12 pm »
Could they not just keep a certain number of games off the next contract or whatever they call it, when it runs out and try a few then? keep it small for a season and see how it goes?, they stream a few games on youtube already so surely wouldn't be that hard to make the next step.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2019, 12:04:46 pm »
Wasn't that shot down by the non-Big 6 though? If TV (or streaming) revenue is not collective, all but basically Liverpool, United, Arsenal, Chelsea will take a hit (Spurs and City don't have as many fans as the other 4 IMO) so why would they agree to that? Conversely, why would those 4 teams agree to sharing revenue with the others when the streaming will be done by the in-house club channels?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2019, 12:12:05 pm »
Could they not just keep a certain number of games off the next contract or whatever they call it, when it runs out and try a few then? keep it small for a season and see how it goes?, they stream a few games on youtube already so surely wouldn't be that hard to make the next step.

The problem is to set up a dedicated streaming service will have large up front costs, so just having a few games probably wouldn't cover costs.

Surely they know it would be successful though - I mean they'll know the numbers who sub to BT & Sky Sports, and if they price cheaper than these a month it's likely they'll sub to their service (I imagine the vast majority have the internet to do so).

I mean they could maybe piggyback with a paid channel on the likes of Amazon initially maybe.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2019, 12:13:53 pm »
Wasn't that shot down by the non-Big 6 though? If TV (or streaming) revenue is not collective, all but basically Liverpool, United, Arsenal, Chelsea will take a hit (Spurs and City don't have as many fans as the other 4 IMO) so why would they agree to that? Conversely, why would those 4 teams agree to sharing revenue with the others when the streaming will be done by the in-house club channels?

It won't be done in house, it would be done by and paid for by the PL. They'd manage & receive the world wide subs to the service and then the money would be split in either a similar way to it is now or they could maybe adjust it slightly.

The amount each club will receive should be considerably higher so can't see why clubs would be against it.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2019, 12:22:26 pm »
Sky sub with Sports is £45 (£50 for HD) a month, so £540 a year.

BT is £30 a month (£36.50 for HD), so £360 a year.

Amazon is £7, no min contract so just £7 for Dec.

Total is £907. £1045 in HD.

That’s without equipment / one off costs, and doesn’t include internet costs.

Shocking that, even more when you factor in that Sky and BT have recently lost the rights to some leagues and competitions from other countries.

So if you wanted to follow footy from Spain, Italy, Netherlands and Portugal etc ('believe in better - pay more for less'  :no) then it's an additional £120 per year for Premier Sports, and then a further £60 a year for Eleven Sports.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2019, 01:23:24 pm »
Shocking that, even more when you factor in that Sky and BT have recently lost the rights to some leagues and competitions from other countries.

So if you wanted to follow footy from Spain, Italy, Netherlands and Portugal etc ('believe in better - pay more for less'  :no) then it's an additional £120 per year for Premier Sports, and then a further £60 a year for Eleven Sports.

They're always quick to up subscription costs when they pick up new leagues and sports but refuse to lower the price when they can't be arsed going for them again. The MLS is another league that Sky have fucked about with. They used to show a bunch of games every weekend but it's gone down to 1 or 2 games at most.

Offline andyw79

• Kopite
« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2019, 02:55:28 pm »
Will an iptv subscription have these Amazon games?
Not that it will matter entirely as you can usually get the game on via a us, Canadian or foreign channel that means you don't have to listen to Neville or Tyler moan and groan when we score!

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2019, 03:03:41 pm »
Will an iptv subscription have these Amazon games?

I am sure they'll find a way. They do for just about every other game and PPV event.

Like you say anyway it'll be on Amazon for UK viewers. But you can easily get the same game with England comms from a US or Middle Eastern channel if you know where to look or pay a fraction of what Sky/BT/Virgin charge.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Amazon Prime
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2019, 01:49:29 pm »
Couldn’t see a specific thread on this service.

Was just wondering what people who have it think of it?

Gonna get a free months trial in the next couple of days to enable me to watch the Everton & Leicester games. Will they be showing them in UHD does anyone know?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Amazon Prime
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2019, 01:57:22 pm »
Streaming in 4k.

Prime is good value for money & you can even keep signing up for the free month by just setting up a new account with a different email,use the same address & car each time.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 01:59:03 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2019, 02:04:32 pm »
Streaming in 4k.

Prime is good value for money & you can even keep signing up for the free month by just setting up a new account with a different email,use the same address & car each time.

If you've got a gmail account just add a . between two of the letters and it still works. Then move it the next time. << used to work anyway, assume it still does.

It's good value as includes the shipping, which as I order a fair bit from Amazon works out pretty good. If it was just for TV I'm not sure it's got enough decent content that would make me pay for a sub every month.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2019, 02:14:24 pm »
Cheers chaps. I’m guessing I probably won’t continue my subscription after the month is up. Although if I find enough stuff to watch I might try your suggested cheat haha

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2019, 02:15:28 pm »
Cheers chaps. I’m guessing I probably won’t continue my subscription after the month is up. Although if I find enough stuff to watch I might try your suggested cheat haha

Before you do cancel make sure you watch The Boys.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2019, 02:19:53 pm »
Before you do cancel make sure you watch The Boys.
Is that the one with Superhero’s gone bad? Will give it a go sounds like something my other half would like. Was the thing with Orlando Bloom & Cara Delthingy any good?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2019, 02:20:21 pm »

In that case cancel it as soon as you sign up,it'll try everything to keep you but keep hitting to cancel,you still get all your benefits for the rest of the month

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2019, 02:25:02 pm »
In that case cancel it as soon as you sign up,it'll try everything to keep you but keep hitting to cancel,you still get all your benefits for the rest of the month
Ta. I looked up the cancel instructions the other day as I know they like to catch you out with things like giving a months notice, it didn’t seem like in this case it was needed but will probably do so

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2019, 02:57:52 pm »
Ta. I looked up the cancel instructions the other day as I know they like to catch you out with things like giving a months notice, it didn’t seem like in this case it was needed but will probably do so

If you forget to cancel then you get billed for the next month.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2019, 03:02:28 pm »
If you forget to cancel then you get billed for the next month.
Ah when I said didn’t need to do it I meant cancel straight away as opposed to not cancelling at all. Don’t worry I’ll be cancelling ahead of the trial period ending if that’s what I decide to

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2019, 04:01:10 pm »
Can anyone shed some light on how the PL games will work?

Have Prime and watch a fair bit of content but with something live, how far behind normal play will it be? And will the stream be perfect? Have they ever streamed a live sporting event before with potentially millions watching?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2019, 04:03:36 pm »

Have Prime and watch a fair bit of content but with something live, how far behind normal play will it be? And will the stream be perfect? Have they ever streamed a live sporting event before with potentially millions watching?

The tennis coverage was all spot on & I'd think they have everything in order for this as it was a massive move by them.

Perfect and seconds (like Sky) I'd guess.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2019, 04:28:09 pm »

I recently started using DAZN which shows premier league football on a similar service in the likes of Canada and Spain. The Palace match on Saturday was about 30 seconds behind Radio 5 live's coverage. But even if you're watching Sky/BT they are a few seconds behind the radio. The stream never skipped once. I imagine the Amazon coverage will be the same.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2019, 04:31:46 pm »
I watch sky stuff on their Sky Go app, and BT on their BT Sports app and both tend to be around 30-90 seconds behind live play.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2019, 04:39:16 pm »
I watch sky stuff on their Sky Go app, and BT on their BT Sports app and both tend to be around 30-90 seconds behind live play.

I've found the sky go app to be much better in the last couple of months. I was watching the Villa match on my ipad last night then put it on the tv with the ipad still on and it was only 3-4 seconds behind. It used to be 60-90 seconds behind. There was a period where it kept jumping back 30 seconds every so often as well but they seem to have sorted that.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2019, 04:43:41 pm »
I've found the sky go app to be much better in the last couple of months. I was watching the Villa match on my ipad last night then put it on the tv with the ipad still on and it was only 3-4 seconds behind. It used to be 60-90 seconds behind. There was a period where it kept jumping back 30 seconds every so often as well but they seem to have sorted that.

Yeah it's got much better, but I'd say it's still more towards to 30s mark for me than just 3-4 seconds.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2019, 04:45:39 pm »
It's good value for money.

Free same day and next day delivery is incredibly worth it alone, the streaming stuff is a bonus :)

My whole family share the same account too at 3 different addresses, never had an issue using it like this.
:D

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2019, 04:47:36 pm »
Yeah it's got much better, but I'd say it's still more towards to 30s mark for me than just 3-4 seconds.

I wonder is it because my app is now Sky Go Extra since we changed to the Sky Q box?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2019, 04:52:10 pm »
I wonder is it because my app is now Sky Go Extra since we changed to the Sky Q box?

Mine's the same.

Are you using it in the same house as Sky? Not sure if it would make a difference, but I nick my parents Sky (they have Sky Q) and stream it via the app either on my iPad or from Mac to tv.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2019, 04:57:06 pm »
I recently started using DAZN which shows premier league football on a similar service in the likes of Canada and Spain. The Palace match on Saturday was about 30 seconds behind Radio 5 live's coverage. But even if you're watching Sky/BT they are a few seconds behind the radio. The stream never skipped once. I imagine the Amazon coverage will be the same.

I would imagine Amazon have already an infrastructure that can deal with loads of traffic. Dazn used to show the PL here in Austria and when it started I think they might have struggled a bit because the whole service was new. They sorted it out after a short while and it worked without issues.

I have also found that it can also depend on what app or device you're using. From this season on Sky are showing the PL here in Austria and their app on PC stutters for me from time to time, while the app on my smart TV shows a flawless stream, which is a bit strange because my pc has a wire connection to the internet while my TV is on wifi...

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: November 26, 2019, 04:57:32 pm »
Mine's the same.

Are you using it in the same house as Sky? Not sure if it would make a difference, but I nick my parents Sky (they have Sky Q) and stream it via the app either on my iPad or from Mac to tv.

Yeah same house. Strange that.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2019, 05:08:49 pm »

It's good, i often watch NFL TNF on Amazon Prime, the stream is great, no issues like buffering or the stream freezing & having to reload
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2019, 05:43:38 pm »
The tennis coverage was all spot on & I'd think they have everything in order for this as it was a massive move by them.

Perfect and seconds (like Sky) I'd guess.

Sky Go is over a minute behind Sky TV, phone on silent when we are on so our kid doesn't text me and ruin it, although if its a bit tight in our games I sometimes flick SSN on in stoppage time to check the result - Manes goal at Villa a prime example of knowing we'd scored before I saw it
Jurgen YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2019, 06:03:38 pm »
Thanks for the info. I keep on getting messages from Amazon about Prime and have ignored them up to now.

I'll give it a whirl.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2019, 07:41:02 pm »
And Leicester on the 26th December as well.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2019, 07:47:09 pm »
And Leicester on the 26th December as well.
Yep not starting the trial until tomorrow at the earliest to make sure it reaches Boxing Day

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2019, 07:48:52 pm »
Yep not starting the trial until tomorrow at the earliest to make sure it reaches Boxing Day

Glad I've dragged my heels signing up then.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #158 on: November 27, 2019, 08:44:40 am »
Its OK. The free next day delivery is great, there are quite a few good shows (depends on taste of course) and you can share the account around.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: November 27, 2019, 08:57:29 am »
I bought something off Amazon a few weeks ago, signed up for the free delivery with Prime then cancelled it when the item arrived.

I don't use it (Amazon) and we have IPTV so no need for it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk