Author Topic: Fabinho  (Read 894273 times)

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Fabinho
« Reply #440 on: May 28, 2018, 10:43:27 pm »
Wowser, that's an interesting one. I guess we really did decide to go for a tall player who can tackle and break up play in midfield rather than a controller. Great to have him as an option at the very least, we've missed that since pre-injury Lucas. Seems to know where the goal is too - really curious to see how he fits into the team.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #441 on: May 28, 2018, 10:43:51 pm »
 Tell you what, last time we lost a Champions League final, Rafa came out and lost  it publicly with our owners. We made some good signings that summer but it was really the beginning of the most toxic, damaging period in our club’s history.

48 hours after Kyiv we’ve just signed a world class midfielder, with more on the way. The Reds are fucking back lads. The Reds are fucking back.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #442 on: May 28, 2018, 10:44:42 pm »
I’m not up to speed on him either as I don’t watch the French league. We have been crying out for an ariel presence in the six role though,reading this on here he looks strong in that department.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: May 28, 2018, 10:45:14 pm »
Feels like we are back exactly where we were in the Summer of 2007 but with proper owners in place.

I said something similar a few posts above or before yours (can't remember). And I don't think the feeling is borne from a knee-jerk giddiness following a great surprise transfer. There is a real appreciable positivity around this club that has been growing for a few years now and has persisted even through a Champions League final defeat as recent as two days ago

:scarf

EDIT: Ay, join the club!

Tell you what, last time we lost a Champions League final, Rafa came out and lost  it publicly with our owners. We made some good signings that summer but it was really the beginning of the most toxic, damaging period in our club’s history.

48 hours after Kyiv we’ve just signed a world class midfielder, with more on the way. The Reds are fucking back lads. The Reds are fucking back.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #444 on: May 28, 2018, 10:46:03 pm »
Meireles was the first i think.

If not then we must be the last of the reknowned big clubs in Europe to deal with him,he has a huge network of players.

Meireles was the last deal I remember anything like this out of nowhere, Mendes must be able to keep things in house when needed.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #445 on: May 28, 2018, 10:47:13 pm »
Yeah I agree. Wijnaldum seems like very much a Klopp player.

I think we might go with a 442 like Monaco and Leipzig next season. Keita and Fabinho in the middle with Mane and Fekir/someone else wide and Firmino and Salah upfront. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Or Klopp's own 4-2-3-1. Keita & Fabinho in midfield, Mane and Fekir wide, but cutting in with Salah as the striker and Firmino behind him.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: May 28, 2018, 10:47:28 pm »
He looks the business whenever I've seen him. That's two massive upgrades for next season already... we're fucking coming for you, Ramos et al!

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #447 on: May 28, 2018, 10:49:11 pm »
Will sound proper thick here, but why is he being called Stan Fabinho here?

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #448 on: May 28, 2018, 10:49:40 pm »
Matches the United one.  Well, sort of, some of them are being reasonable, which is terrifying.  But mostly hilarity.  Lots of this:

Think Utd are being overly nice because they've come across as small time c*nts since Saturday, there wasn't anywhere near the same amount of gloating from other fans about our final loss, many actually felt sympathy for us.

Utd went way OTT. Even Scholes was saying it's small time.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: May 28, 2018, 10:49:43 pm »
It does seem like we have a plan now. A transfer like this does not come out of the blue without no one knowing about it. It seems like we have made the first big signing of the summer and have made a statement that we will be stronger next season by strengthening the weakest part of our team.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #450 on: May 28, 2018, 10:51:18 pm »
Yeah exactly this. If you see the game tactically then players like Fabinho, Petit, Makelele, Mauro Silva - they win you titles. If we had Fabinho on the pitch on Saturday, we probably don't surrender territory and possession to Madrid. I mentioned after the game that I think Klopp will have a hard look at the core of the team now that have lost him 3 finals and ask tough questions. This is probably the first step there. Interesting times.

Definitely. All 3 finals had problems in midfield to some extent. If we at least had Ox, that would've given us a different dimension and taken the focus off the deeper midfield area. Probably Hendo, Gini & Ox would've been the strongest midfield of the 3 finals, but unfortunately not to be with the injury. Now, we're getting even better. I think it's the end for Milner in midfield. Maybe wide in some games? It's looking promising.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: May 28, 2018, 10:52:01 pm »
So many positive comments about our Club... usually just see a bunch of shite trolling on most fan forums.  :o

Liverpool is still heavy do not mess.

This is my favourite through Google translate.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: May 28, 2018, 10:52:22 pm »
His former teammate Keita Balde:

'There is something in him. He is a bit like Busquets: he is a player that normal people do not look at, they watch Messi, Neymar, Suarez ... But someone who knows football will say that he is beautiful. Fabinho gave me the same feeling as Busquets'

Said it  before, I seen Busquets play and he was absolutely phenomenal.   I was stunned with just how good he was. If Fabinho is in that bracket, we're elected

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: May 28, 2018, 10:52:44 pm »
Shame he didn't make the world cup squad. Now for a GK and a forward.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #454 on: May 28, 2018, 10:52:58 pm »
A quote from Arsenal-Mania.

"Starting to think that Klopp was really the true master of Dortmund signings and all he left Sven with is outdated data bank of players hence we are seeing ZERO(I honestly typed this very angry) creativity from Sven in the market.

Point Klopp 1 - 0 Hydro."

That takes the credit away from Michael Edwards in all honesty who has done the job brilliantly, but it also shows how influential Klopp is in identifying the type of player he wants. Edwards and co have obviously done their homework and come back with some nifty names.

Without a manager who hasn't a clearly defined model for a player, guys like Sven Mislintat at Arsenal - and previously at Klopp's Dortmund - seem aimless. Certainly buying a 29 year old defender as Arsenal have done today from Dortmund seems a bit suspect. No long term value in that surely.

The scouts do the identifying based on what the manager wants. Kloppo will give all the credit to them and Edwards as he always does, it's about working without ego and working with trust. That is the big dfference to how it used to be.

It is why it worked well at Dortmund too for sure - and then stopped working so well at Dortmund when he left.  One of Kloppo's greatest strengths is his humility, he doesn't need to be the top dog getting the credit, and he doesn't want to be, he understands and wants the input of others who are experts in their field.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: May 28, 2018, 10:53:16 pm »
See above  ;D

You're not the only one Barney mate ;D Apparently the extent of Assaidi's legacy at Liverpool is the out-of-the-blueness of his transfer announcement. Here's hoping Fabinho will be remembered for so much more! (P.S. Quite liked Assaidi to be honest)

The last time a signing caught me by surprise like this was probably.......Raul Meireles? I can't think of anything more recent that came out of the blue like this.
Assaidi.

Reminds me of Assaidi, except it's Fabinho (does that make sense? ;D )... Crazy!
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #456 on: May 28, 2018, 10:55:54 pm »
Welcome Fabinho YNWA

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: May 28, 2018, 10:56:52 pm »
Shame he didn't make the world cup squad. Now for a GK and a forward.

If he did, we probably wouldn't have got this done so quick, or else for a much higher fee,

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #458 on: May 28, 2018, 10:58:18 pm »
Can he play in goal ?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #459 on: May 28, 2018, 11:00:55 pm »
Jurgen Klopp played the pivotal role in enabling Liverpool to beat a host of Champions League rivals to the signature of Brazil international Fabinho.

During the last 18 months, Internazionale, Juventus, Manchester City, Manchester United, Napoli and Paris Saint-Germain have all been involved in discussions to extract the versatile midfielder from AS Monaco.

That Liverpool secured Fabinho to a five-year contract after agreeing an initial €50million transfer fee with Monaco on Monday has been attributed to Klopp’s ability to sell his Anfield project to the Brazilian. According to a close friend of Fabinho’s, Liverpool started the recruitment process several months ago.

“Klopp convinced Fabinho to join Liverpool,” the source told Yahoo Sport. “They met and the boy was very happy with what the manager told him. He said ‘I like Klopp’, and asked that everything be stopped with other clubs.”

Duncan Castles
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #460 on: May 28, 2018, 11:01:00 pm »
Completely out of the blue when it popped up on my Insta feed. I love how we go about doing our business.
Welcome Fabinho. YNWA.

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #461 on: May 28, 2018, 11:02:02 pm »
This signing has actually made me happy for the first time since the final. The first thing that made me smile was the video of Klopp singing at 6 am in Kiev, but this news has permanently restored my mood in a better place I feel. It's a very reassuring signing for me, both in terms of our ambition but also our direction and initiative. We got hit hard in the gut in Kiev, but instead of feeling sorry for ourselves, we are already moving forward and making progress. Never felt this confident in the direction of the club since the days of Rafa. Good things are coming, and the victory will feel even sweeter after what we've been through.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: May 28, 2018, 11:04:16 pm »
Love the fact he wins so many ariel duels in thd middle, been a big problem of ours for a long time now.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: May 28, 2018, 11:05:01 pm »
All feels a bit like that player we signed that nobody had heard of, done fuck all then went to Stoke. Ousmane Assidi or some shit.

This is him v City in the Champions League - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaupQLvBfIc

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: May 28, 2018, 11:06:02 pm »
Getting there, lads and lasses.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #465 on: May 28, 2018, 11:06:23 pm »
Looks like we're looking at a summer of quality rather than quantity. Never thought I'd be buzzing so soon after Saturday.
AHA!

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #466 on: May 28, 2018, 11:06:26 pm »
Didn't see anything this morning, and I'm coming late to the party on p.12. Welcome! Nnow nothing about him, other than he's signed on my daughter's birthday.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: May 28, 2018, 11:10:20 pm »
I like how people take what Klopp says to the media as Gospel.

Klopp is one of the best man managers in the game. Do you think he is going to come out and say he doesnt like any of his players? No

Lallana may not be sold this summer because Ox is injured and thats the only reason why. But you people are naive to think Lallana isnt on the chopping block. He is 30 and his value will only decrease and even more so with limited playing time.

Do you honestly think he has a spot in the midfield if Fekir comes in? Ox and Fekir would be ahead of him for the #10 and he does not have the pace to fill in for Mane or Salah. And is not an #8 or #6.

I will take what he says over what you say every time fella.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #468 on: May 28, 2018, 11:10:24 pm »
Kinell, Keita and Fabinho in front of VVD's defence. I won't be shocked if we concede less than 30 goals in the league. Up the defensively strong Reds.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #469 on: May 28, 2018, 11:10:30 pm »
He's like Milan Skriniar of Inter, in the sense they both win clean tackles & yet the opponent player usually falls over due to bouncing off these big lads, all by themselves. The standard of refereeing I've seen in France is better & they usually wave away appeals for clean tackles, but the English refs  :butt

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #470 on: May 28, 2018, 11:10:33 pm »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #471 on: May 28, 2018, 11:11:06 pm »
He looks taller than 6'2 in the compilation videos. Glad we've finally bought a DM. I think I've had a holding midfielder at the top of my transfer wishlist since Mascherano left

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: May 28, 2018, 11:11:16 pm »
Duncan Castles

I don't care what he says, that prick should never be quoted on here!

Offline Lazy Gun

• Anny Roader
  • My wife, Jurgena.
« Reply #473 on: May 28, 2018, 11:12:57 pm »
Just watched the vid and it looks like he has the “ Hamman crumple” down pat as well.  Hell of a signing. 
Believer

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: May 28, 2018, 11:13:37 pm »
Wow. I did not see this coming.

His quite literally what I saw as the perfect no.6 in Klopp's team.  I remember discussing it over the last 12 months several times but didn't see any links and had resigned from the idea thinking he'd go to Man Utd. One of the best athletes going around, he can play as a no.6, RB, RWB, defensive winger or midfield runner in a no.8 role. He great in the air, gets stuck and is solid on the ball. Not Alonso on the ball but a good range of passing and can dribble and score goals.

I think he provides a range of tactical possibilities. While Oxlade is out he could cover the right side protecting A.Arnold and Salah, and bomb forward (he had a goal in him). He obviously can be our no.6 and I think will be our starter there long term IMO. It's a question of if that's the best role for him in the immediate future or if he should play further forward until Oxlade returns.

Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #475 on: May 28, 2018, 11:14:31 pm »
I don't care what he says, that prick should never be quoted on here!

You're welcome to your opinion.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: May 28, 2018, 11:15:48 pm »
You're welcome to your opinion.

I know I am :)

The guy is a wanker of the highest order who's been sticking the boot into our manager on a regular basis, while having his head so far up Mourinho's arse, he can surely not see the light of day.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #477 on: May 28, 2018, 11:16:22 pm »
I’m encouraged that you like him.

Is he brave? Does he want to get on the ball? Does he tend to have an idea of what he wants to do with it before he gets it?

Understands the importance of the free man. Moves out with the ball to attack spaces. Or when moving to receive the ball he isn't blocking passing lanes off but giving an angle instead. One thing that bugs me is how often we see midfielders come out of the opposition shape and just walk straightup to a center back and take it off them. He won't do that.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/m0ttY_Ir01A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/m0ttY_Ir01A</a>

Against City last season - was one of the main reasons Monaco beat them.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OaupQLvBfIc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OaupQLvBfIc</a>
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #478 on: May 28, 2018, 11:18:13 pm »
I know I am :)

The guy is a wanker of the highest order who's been sticking the boot into our manager on a regular basis, while having his head so far up Mourinho's arse, he can surely not see the light of day.

So do you think it might be quite interesting that someone close to Mourinho has that perspective? Or do you want to crack on telling us what we've known for years since Duncan was pillaging the Portuguese sporting press for quick stories? I'm not arsed mind but it looks a bit silly.

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
« Reply #479 on: May 28, 2018, 11:18:50 pm »
Kept wondering who he looks like.. now I've got it. Vincent Kompany. Hope he turns out to be just as good as him.