Author Topic: Fabinho  (Read 890775 times)

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Fabinho
« Reply #400 on: May 28, 2018, 10:24:46 pm »
It's early days, but Henderson's place is by no means guaranteed. The captaincy doesn't mean much too Klopp, and I tend to agree with him.

Captaincy doesn't really mean much these days. Honestly, I'm struggling to name the captains of either Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd or Chelsea.

But if we're talking captains material, I think Hendo does well, but VVD seems like the most natural leader of all players in the top six I believe.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #401 on: May 28, 2018, 10:25:03 pm »
Fabinho's Ligue 1 stats for 2017/18:

• Most passes (1,980)
• Most tackles won (112)
• Most aerial duels won (99)

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: May 28, 2018, 10:25:07 pm »
We're going 4-2-3-1 if you ask me. We've toyed with it this season (do we call it last season now?) with Wijnaldum playing deeper. We tried it against Brighton too.

Keita Fabinho
Salah    Fekir    Mane
Firmino

Similar to this except Fekir possibly a bit deeper. I do wonder if playing a '10' would take away a bit part of Firmino's game.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: May 28, 2018, 10:25:22 pm »
:lmao

Guy was wanted by half of Europe's top clubs and was a lynchpin of Monaco's league win.

See above  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #404 on: May 28, 2018, 10:25:44 pm »
Had a quick look on YouTube

Looks like Momo Sissoko shagged Ronaldinho’s mam then.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #405 on: May 28, 2018, 10:26:01 pm »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: May 28, 2018, 10:26:17 pm »
Yeah, odd comment.

Of all the players to compare him to....Assaidi?

Again, see above. Wasn't comparing the players, just that nobody knew about it.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: May 28, 2018, 10:26:41 pm »
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: May 28, 2018, 10:27:52 pm »
We're going 4-2-3-1 if you ask me. We've toyed with it this season (do we call it last season now?) with Wijnaldum playing deeper. We tried it against Brighton too.

Keita Fabinho
Salah    Fekir    Mane
Firmino

Similar to this except Fekir possibly a bit deeper. I do wonder if playing a '10' would take away a bit part of Firmino's game.

I agree with you on the change in formation but I do think that we’ll continue to play 4-3-3 at times too.  We have quite a bit of tactical flexibility with the profile of the players we are bringing in so we should be able to switch formations during games fairly easily if needed as well.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: May 28, 2018, 10:28:17 pm »
If he is a true DM does that mean we’ll go with two more attacking options (Keita plus one) and be really aggressive next year?

Best form of defence is to attack.  Seize the initiative and don't let up. 

Looking at that Arsenal forum and they are well scared.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #410 on: May 28, 2018, 10:28:42 pm »
Remember me insisting we needed a Sven Bender signing for #6 to sort out all sorts of vulnerabilities in the side? Then I talked about how Tactically elite and physically imposing would be ideal - Fabinho was always the #1 example I listed.

Delighted at this. Last summer my #1 want was Keita. This summer it was Fabinho. Good times.

great shout big man.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: May 28, 2018, 10:28:54 pm »
his actual name is Fabio Tavares  :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GQcCRo2b-ZE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GQcCRo2b-ZE</a>
Jurgen YNWA

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: May 28, 2018, 10:28:55 pm »
If the Fekir stuff is real its 7 players for 3 spots - that's a lot

Oh no, we have too many good players : (

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: May 28, 2018, 10:29:03 pm »
A quote from Arsenal-Mania.

"Starting to think that Klopp was really the true master of Dortmund signings and all he left Sven with is outdated data bank of players hence we are seeing ZERO(I honestly typed this very angry) creativity from Sven in the market.

Point Klopp 1 - 0 Hydro."

That takes the credit away from Michael Edwards in all honesty who has done the job brilliantly, but it also shows how influential Klopp is in identifying the type of player he wants. Edwards and co have obviously done their homework and come back with some nifty names.

Without a manager who hasn't a clearly defined model for a player, guys like Sven Mislintat at Arsenal - and previously at Klopp's Dortmund - seem aimless. Certainly buying a 29 year old defender as Arsenal have done today from Dortmund seems a bit suspect. No long term value in that surely?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 11:10:27 pm by mattD »

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #414 on: May 28, 2018, 10:29:16 pm »
Great to see some business with a top, top player coming in just days after the disappointment of Kiev.

I imagine our Brazilian connection helped make the deal happen, which is great too.

I don't know what the formation will be next year, and who will play when and where, but it simply doesn't matter. Look at our bench on Saturday and we were missing only Ox, it wasn't strong enough. With Naby and Faby we have added where we were in need, and looking at the quality of player we are upgrading too.

Can't wait to see both of them in our shirts, and hopefully they will settle in fairly quickly.

Welcome to Liverpool Fabinho!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: May 28, 2018, 10:29:26 pm »
Best thing about him seems to be that he is indestructible, no injuries whatsoever.

Yep, he's a huge Alisha's Attic fan.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: May 28, 2018, 10:29:29 pm »
Keita / Fabinho next season . What a fecking upgrade.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 10:33:04 pm by Magz50 »

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #417 on: May 28, 2018, 10:30:00 pm »
A defensive midfielder who can play wing-back/right back: An obvious replacement for Emre Can.
With Milner getting older, Lallana a concern and Ox needing time to recover too - we don't need to sell anyone.
I'd hope we learnt from our problems in the last 2 months.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: May 28, 2018, 10:30:16 pm »
His former teammate Keita Balde:

'There is something in him. He is a bit like Busquets: he is a player that normal people do not look at, they watch Messi, Neymar, Suarez ... But someone who knows football will say that he is beautiful. Fabinho gave me the same feeling as Busquets'

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #419 on: May 28, 2018, 10:31:47 pm »
Keita / Fabinho next season . What fecking upgrade.
Let’s wait and see...

It might be a disaster. I always say that we judge a player when they’ve actually played for us....

Whether they be a big name or not

(Paul Konchesky obviously an exception to this)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #420 on: May 28, 2018, 10:33:16 pm »
FSG have done a great job getting a great management team in place as well as Klopp as manager.  It took a while but things seem to be going really well both on and off the pitch at the club.  Only a matter of time before we start collecting trophies for fun.

The whole club infrastructure and staff, from a commercially savvy CEO through to a world class manager, seems to be finely tuned.

We have a plan and are getting the players to fulfil the plan.

Great stuff.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: May 28, 2018, 10:33:23 pm »
Isn't he supposed to be good?! This fucking ridiculous the way we've just signed a player for 40m out of nowhere.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: May 28, 2018, 10:33:52 pm »
Keita Fabinho
Salah    Fekir    Mane
Firmino

That is fucking sexy

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: May 28, 2018, 10:34:01 pm »
His former teammate Keita Balde:

'There is something in him. He is a bit like Busquets: he is a player that normal people do not look at, they watch Messi, Neymar, Suarez ... But someone who knows football will say that he is beautiful. Fabinho gave me the same feeling as Busquets'

Lovely.

Just what we needed. Welcome Fabinho.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: May 28, 2018, 10:34:03 pm »
Remember me insisting we needed a Sven Bender signing for #6 to sort out all sorts of vulnerabilities in the side? Then I talked about how Tactically elite and physically imposing would be ideal - Fabinho was always the #1 example I listed.

Delighted at this. Last summer my #1 want was Keita. This summer it was Fabinho. Good times.
Starting to think Babu could be Michael Edwards. Would explain the radar project so close to the transfer window ;)

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #425 on: May 28, 2018, 10:34:21 pm »
That's Staunton but he used to be knicknamed Fabinho.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: May 28, 2018, 10:35:10 pm »

Mind giving us the lowdown on him Babu? Don’t know much about the lad myself.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #427 on: May 28, 2018, 10:35:50 pm »

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #428 on: May 28, 2018, 10:35:57 pm »

Keita Fabinho
Salah    Fekir    Mane
Firmino

I wouldn't be so sure. I think we're just finding players who fit the roles better to what the current ones do. Fabinho (Henderson atm)is great at screening, keeping pressure on by winning high balls and playing through teams. Keita is brilliant at controlling play and changing the tempo of the play with quick one touch play and surging dribbles (Wijnaldum) and Fekir is brilliant in 1v1's, getting into the area to finish/set up chances and at creating overloads (Milner/Ox & Lallana last season).

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: May 28, 2018, 10:36:01 pm »
We've just played the whole of the last month and a bit with three fit CMs!

Milner is 33 next time, Lallana is already 30...their playing time will naturally diminish. Can is gone. If we are to compete and win a trophy or two we have to have real quality in depth.

I love how this was done. I love how United thought they would get him. I love how us getting to final raised our profile enough to land him.

Klopp sees pre-season as really important so he's getting shit done early. Fekir next?

What a shot in the arm after Saturday.

Increasingly I love everything about this transfer.  Beating United - or at least their fan's assumption of such - shows them they're not the be all and end all destination in the Prem anymore.  It also shows that City and Chelsea aren't able to hoover up all the talent.  Players are looking at our Liverpool side and seeing a hungry, competitive squad that is getting closer and closer.  They want in on that.

Injuries last season left our squad threadbare by the time of the final.  If we want to compete on multiple fronts then we need that much vaunted strength in depth.  We need the flair to battle for the CL and the fire to crush those obstinate mid table sides in the Prem.  And we will still need the likes of Milner and Lallana etc to shepherd our youngsters.  Expect to see a lot of seniors in the cup competitions next season.

It will be criminal if we don't lay our hands on a pot next year.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #430 on: May 28, 2018, 10:36:30 pm »

Yeah I preferred old Morrissey too.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: May 28, 2018, 10:36:36 pm »
First Mendes client we’ve had?
Meireles was the first i think.

If not then we must be the last of the reknowned big clubs in Europe to deal with him,he has a huge network of players.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #432 on: May 28, 2018, 10:39:02 pm »
Stan and his wife on instagram on a private jet on the way back from Liverpool today.

https://twitter.com/lfctikitaka/status/1001203714722541570?s=21

Another one for the “what would you be if you weren’t a footballer”. “A virgin” category..

Bloody hell.
That is one pretty woman. Lord!

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #433 on: May 28, 2018, 10:40:22 pm »
Ffs. I wasn’t even ready for this wank.

What a signing!

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: May 28, 2018, 10:40:26 pm »
He may have the body of Can the brain of Petit...

But he’s got my fucking hair not theirs,

:lmao
Football is a lie

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: May 28, 2018, 10:41:05 pm »
Keita Fabinho
Salah    Fekir    Mane
Firmino

Park your bus now Jose.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: May 28, 2018, 10:41:30 pm »
Sounds like a lot, but when you consider that we had to play the last month of the season with only 3 out of 6 players fit for midfield, then that 7th player would have been a huge help.

We won't keep all those players. No chance. I reckon we will try the same concept as this season, just with different players. Fabinho takes Can's place. Keita will take someone else's. If I was to guess we are going with Fabinho, Keita, Henderson, AOC and Wijnaldum for the roles in CM.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: May 28, 2018, 10:42:26 pm »
Klopp will not sell Lallana,he loves him to death.

I like how people take what Klopp says to the media as Gospel.

Klopp is one of the best man managers in the game. Do you think he is going to come out and say he doesnt like any of his players? No

Lallana may not be sold this summer because Ox is injured and thats the only reason why. But you people are naive to think Lallana isnt on the chopping block. He is 30 and his value will only decrease and even more so with limited playing time.

Do you honestly think he has a spot in the midfield if Fekir comes in? Ox and Fekir would be ahead of him for the #10 and he does not have the pace to fill in for Mane or Salah. And is not an #8 or #6.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: May 28, 2018, 10:42:38 pm »
Ooh, I’d like to kiss her!

Another round of ladyboys.
No time for caution.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: May 28, 2018, 10:42:48 pm »
Amazed at how quickly and quietly we wrapped this up. All credit to the club.

And I love the fact he's got a RAWK nickname as well. Welcome to Anfield, Stan.
Thank you Jurgen