Author Topic: Roma watch  (Read 151038 times)

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
Re: Roma watch
« Reply #360 on: April 25, 2018, 01:08:55 pm »
I suspect the Roma fans didnt realise how much CCTV there is around grounds and even in the street and that they could be pciked out in the ground.

Was going to say, the UK has the densest CCTV grid in the world, it really isn't the place to start kicking off - especially around football stadiums where you'd probably have full camera coverage with multiple angles these days.

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #361 on: April 25, 2018, 01:09:30 pm »
I've travelled to support the team to Italy before and it has never felt safe.
Been to Italy 3 times and 2 times was sound but Naples was moody as fcuk, put me off ever going back there to be honest. I'm all for having the craic on euro aways but when there's a realistic chance of a beating or ending up arrested for defending myself I'll give it a swerve.
Stay safe next week lads if you're travelling.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #362 on: April 25, 2018, 01:10:42 pm »
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS

Domun!!...now write it a hundred times or I'll cut yer balls off!

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #363 on: April 25, 2018, 01:10:48 pm »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline kopite 1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • those were the days my friends
« Reply #364 on: April 25, 2018, 01:11:25 pm »
Was it the Mancs a few years back who got absolutely leathered by the Italian bizzies in Roma despite having been attacked themselves?

Yeah basically stormed the away end and started to truncheon anybody in there way, Liverpool and Roma now need to act quick as this will get pretty serious next week especially if we go through to the final
support the fight for justice dont buy the sun

jft96

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: April 25, 2018, 01:19:17 pm »
Couple of idiots break a window on a bus and the outrage is everywhere. ''ooo ban them from europe, make them play behind closed doors, lock them up'' yada yada yada.

Innocent Liverpool fan gets stabbed, two Roma fans arrested for attempted murder. where's the outrage?
Fucking joke this anti-Liverpool shit.

Realise emotions are high with many fans, especially given the victim is in a rough condition, but this 'anti Liverpool' agenda is entirely in your head.  The accused have been arrested, if they have evidence they'll be charged.  Roma fans do have some bad apples which keep cropping up at various grounds however that's a question for the Italian authorities, but the vast majority of fans are normal match-going fans who I'm sure are just as sick of the dickheads as everyone else.

It may also be worth considering that the Man City bus attack, whilst obviously less 'serious' for any individual, was filmed from multiple angles and featured the most expensive football team on the planet attacked in broad daylight, despite a huge police presence.  That's always going to be bad PR, especially once those videos of the footage became highly visible.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: April 25, 2018, 01:20:20 pm »
Yeah basically stormed the away end and started to truncheon anybody in there way, Liverpool and Roma now need to act quick as this will get pretty serious next week especially if we go through to the final

Hopefully they'll send some police over to help with the protection setup, have zero confidence in the Italian police considering the previous encounters.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #367 on: April 25, 2018, 01:20:27 pm »
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS

;D found that on netflix at the weekend, its still brilliant.
Wonder what Latin for Romans are cowardly shithouses is.
Written 100 times outside the Stadio Olimpico  ;D

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: April 25, 2018, 01:20:51 pm »
You can't really write what you feel about this, can you ?
You know that our lads have to be there next week and will have a better chance to get harassed by the local police than being protected from knife and ax wielding morons from the local ghetto's.

Thinking back at Feyenoord visiting them a few years ago is the only thing that keeps me smiling.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: April 25, 2018, 01:22:22 pm »
Where is the news coming from that the guy was stabbed?

Everything I've read says he was attacked with a belt and believed to have a head injury?

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #370 on: April 25, 2018, 01:25:28 pm »
This is a sensible comment. If as i expect we score in the first half and the tie looks to be over it's going to get ugly quickly. I wouldn't trust the Italian police to protect our supporters at all. No harm the club even paying a fair few off duty coppers or security etc.. to travel and stay with our fans and record anything and everything and most importantly inform the Italian police, Roma and UEFA of same in advance.

I've travelled to support the team to Italy before and it has never felt safe.

Of the utmost importance that Liverpool fans be protected in Rome. Fans will go over there to celebrate and support the team, history says they will be targeted by people who are not football supporters; and not just that, the Italian police will treat all LFC fans with suspicion.

Hope everyone is safe.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: April 25, 2018, 01:27:19 pm »
You can't really write what you feel about this, can you ?
You know that our lads have to be there next week ...

Aye

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: April 25, 2018, 01:31:31 pm »
Trouble is the Italian police are no doubt all die hard Roma fans and so will join in, like they usually do.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: April 25, 2018, 01:34:27 pm »
Trouble is the Italian police are no doubt all die hard Roma fans and so will join in, like they usually do.

There's no Lazio fans in the Rome police force, or fans of other/no teams?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: April 25, 2018, 01:35:45 pm »

No.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #375 on: April 25, 2018, 01:39:32 pm »

Yep Man Utd fans had problems there about 10 years ago with both the locals & the local plod wading in, Roma fans even got the Rome derby abandoned after false reports the plod killed a Roma fan, this was  mid 00s, Roma fans even pride themselves as Brothers of Violence, anyone who's going take care & keep your wits about you. 
#Sausages

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: April 25, 2018, 01:40:32 pm »
Unfortunately it looks like the hammer is in the hands of a Liverpool fan.

I do wonder though - all of those police vans, and none of them to be seen outside of the Kop when they know that there will be pockets of Italian fans about. Appears they were probably all outside the Arkles packing away their cameras.

Also read that they were making monkey sounds at people too. Some things never change.

Until yesterday, if Roma got to the final, I'd have supported them. They can fuck off now. Do clubs ever face charges over this kind of stuff? Or are they limited to bus windows?

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: April 25, 2018, 01:41:14 pm »
Crowd funding page has been set up to raise £5,000 to Help support the family of the Liverpool FC supporter Sean Cox who is currently in critical condition at Walton Neurological Centre

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/LFC-Supporter
bollocks

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: April 25, 2018, 01:43:17 pm »
Also read that they were making monkey sounds at people too. Some things never change.

Yeah right after Mane's first miss you can clearly hear the monkey chants.

Wankers.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline CN23

• Has one so long that he can't hold it himself......yeah right.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #379 on: April 25, 2018, 01:43:52 pm »
;D found that on netflix at the weekend, its still brilliant.
Wonder what Latin for Romans are cowardly shithouses is.
Written 100 times outside the Stadio Olimpico  ;D

Romani imbelles shithouses

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: April 25, 2018, 01:43:56 pm »

Although we don't know why, unless there's a video showing the same fan. He might not necessarily be wielding it as a weapon.

Offline CN23

• Has one so long that he can't hold it himself......yeah right.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #381 on: April 25, 2018, 01:44:28 pm »
Romani imbelles shithouses

Romani imbelles foricas

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: April 25, 2018, 01:44:47 pm »
Although we don't know why, unless there's a video showing the same fan. He might not necessarily be wielding it as a weapon.

;D
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: April 25, 2018, 01:46:10 pm »

Maybe he was heading to Anfield to do some impulsive joinery on match day?

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #384 on: April 25, 2018, 01:48:12 pm »
pfff we all do that mate, a friend of mine often takes roof tiles with him to the match in case any needs an emergency roofer

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: April 25, 2018, 01:48:21 pm »

More likely to be an Everton fan in that case.

You know, because their stadium is made out of wood.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: April 25, 2018, 01:49:58 pm »

;D

My point is, he could just have picked it up or could have taken it off a Roma fan. He could be using it for malicious purposes, sure.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: April 25, 2018, 01:51:45 pm »

I swear you're on a different planet to most  ;D

:lmao

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: April 25, 2018, 02:03:23 pm »

I do wonder though - all of those police vans, and none of them to be seen outside of the Kop when they know that there will be pockets of Italian fans about. Appears they were probably all outside the Arkles packing away their cameras.

Until yesterday, if Roma got to the final, I'd have supported them. They can fuck off now. Do clubs ever face charges over this kind of stuff? Or are they limited to bus windows?

judging by the competency of FA and UEFA, my best bet is that we will be fined due to failure of keeping order or some semantics shit.

just hope the guys recover and for those going to Roma, stay safe always.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: April 25, 2018, 02:09:40 pm »
judging by the competency of FA and UEFA, my best bet is that we will be fined due to failure of keeping order or some semantics shit.

just hope the guys recover and for those going to Roma, stay safe always.

Apparently Roma fans have plenty of form.  According to the BBC's Dan Roan Roma fans stabbed six Liverpool supporters in 2001, attacked Middlesborough fans in 2006, Manchester United's in 2007, Arsenal fans in 2009, Tottenham fans in 2012, Feyenoord supporters in 2015 and Chelsea fans in 2017.

Surely UEFA needs to start making these guys play behind closed doors. 

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: April 25, 2018, 02:12:07 pm »

There probably are, but English fans have always been fair game out there. Italian police are inept twats.

We can only hope our fans stick together and don't get separated from their main groups.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline murphs316

• Kopite
  • 5 Star Heros to 7 Hit Wonders
« Reply #391 on: April 25, 2018, 02:17:13 pm »
Apparently Roma fans have plenty of form.  According to the BBC's Dan Roan Roma fans stabbed six Liverpool supporters in 2001, attacked Middlesborough fans in 2006, Manchester United's in 2007, Arsenal fans in 2009, Tottenham fans in 2012, Feyenoord supporters in 2015 and Chelsea fans in 2017.

Surely UEFA needs to start making these guys play behind closed doors. 

Nothing new sure they were attacking Liverpool fans after the 84 final Roma Ultras are known for it and up until the Quarter Final this year UEFA used the excuse that if it is outside the ground they can't do anything about it. They have since changed that to charge Liverpool for fans throwing stuff at the City bus so they can no longer use that excuse for sweeping it under the carpet, but we all know they will just ignore it as it was not an English team

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #392 on: April 25, 2018, 02:17:15 pm »
You never know when you might be called upon to tackle  bit of joinery, or carpentry. ;)

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #393 on: April 25, 2018, 02:25:12 pm »
Sorry i should have stated i am based in Ireland and there was fuck all about it earlier considering the man is Irish.

It's been on the radio news from 8am this morning on the hour, every hour. Including the sky report from outside Anfield, so this certainly isnt true.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: April 25, 2018, 02:30:21 pm »
"AS Roma condemns in the strongest possible terms the abhorrent behavior of a small minority of travelling fans who brought shame on the club and the vast majority of Roma's well-behaved supporters at Anfield, after getting involved in clashes with Liverpool supporters before last night's fixture."

No they were not getting in clashes, they were a group attacking a 50 year old man on his own with fucking belts.

Imagine that was a member of your family, not worth thinking about. If Roma have a any balls or class about them they will call for immediate life bans for anyone found to be involved instead of empty words and excuses being made for these animals from their PR team.

Offline hkscally

• Boys Pen
« Reply #395 on: April 25, 2018, 02:31:00 pm »
Someone needs to make stand against these c***s. We can go back as far as 77 for stories of them having a pop and the Germans in that final were brilliant. 1984 was horrific and 2001 almost as bad. Every English club suffered and the shitbags keep getting away with it with zero restribution.

So how about we boycottt the second leg and we put pressure on the club to pay up and refund those who planned to travel.

Otherwise in a few years time we will be back to square one, some poor fella in a bad way and thousands who planned to travel shitting themselves knowing we will get zero protection from the police.

Controversial but just a thought

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #396 on: April 25, 2018, 02:36:07 pm »
Someone needs to make stand against these c***s. We can go back as far as 77 for stories of them having a pop and the Germans in that final were brilliant. 1984 was horrific and 2001 almost as bad. Every English club suffered and the shitbags keep getting away with it with zero restribution.

So how about we boycottt the second leg and we put pressure on the club to pay up and refund those who planned to travel.

Otherwise in a few years time we will be back to square one, some poor fella in a bad way and thousands who planned to travel shitting themselves knowing we will get zero protection from the police.

Controversial but just a thought

Not much of a scall ethos there lad - don't go and ask for our money back?

The lad who said earlier abar not going to bars and drinking wants his head feeling.

We'll be fine in Rome and we'll do what we do, we always have.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline hkscally

• Boys Pen
« Reply #397 on: April 25, 2018, 02:41:12 pm »
I get that mate and I’ve been to loads of Euro aways but you and I know some poor f....r or three is gonna get a slap or a slash over and above what we usually expect and if they have the balls to come down the Kop and and do it well they will be all over the place on us over there.

Don’t wanna ruin the away for the boys but these fkrs overstep the line every time, it’s not like the team will need us as we will be 3 up by half time

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: April 25, 2018, 02:44:43 pm »
Realise emotions are high with many fans, especially given the victim is in a rough condition, but this 'anti Liverpool' agenda is entirely in your head.  The accused have been arrested, if they have evidence they'll be charged.  Roma fans do have some bad apples which keep cropping up at various grounds however that's a question for the Italian authorities, but the vast majority of fans are normal match-going fans who I'm sure are just as sick of the dickheads as everyone else.

It may also be worth considering that the Man City bus attack, whilst obviously less 'serious' for any individual, was filmed from multiple angles and featured the most expensive football team on the planet attacked in broad daylight, despite a huge police presence.  That's always going to be bad PR, especially once those videos of the footage became highly visible.

The situation is more fraught than you are making it out to be. The stakes are higher than "some bad apples", and a brick being thrown at a Man City team bus has little relevance to what may be in the offing.

if LFC and Roma fans start fighting next week, which is now suddenly much more likely, and people get seriously hurt or die, then both clubs could get banned from Europe. For many years. Started by Roma fans, and Italian police do nothing? It won't matter.

"Anti-Liverpool agenda is entirely in your head". Don't kid yourself. Many in UEFA have little love for English clubs. They never did.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 02:47:56 pm by FLRed67 »

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: April 25, 2018, 02:46:03 pm »
Wishing a speedy recovery to Sean Cox. Truly awful events.

Be safe to all those travelling next week. Hoping that Merseyside police travel with our fans. I would be frightened to travel as a LFC supporter knowing their past history :(
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4