Author Topic: Coutinho  (Read 510980 times)

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Stevie nearly moved to Chelsea ffs!

Transfers are a part of football. If a player wants to be elsewhere, then let them go as long as the money is right.

Look At that nearly word you put in

Kills your argument. Sound like a bloody Manc saying that
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Who says mate? Coutinho won us fuck all and is a bad egg. I saw Kevin Keegan, Graeme Souness and Ian Rush leave this club before Coutinho was even born.
Not arsed one bit.

+1.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
That's my only concern. Bobby's performance and general happiness.
Get him some more veneers..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
I'm just sad today. We're losing one of our best three players this decade and we didn't even get to say bye properly. My attachment to footballers decreased after Torres but it still leaves a sour taste.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
VVD wanted to come here, Keita turned down Barcelona to come here (in the summer), Salah wanted to come here, Mane wanted to come here. Those are the kind of players we want and need in the squad, and Klopp seems to be a genius at picking the right players for his team. It might hurt that Coutinho has left like this now, but Klopp is building something special here. Yes, we sold one of our best players, but we aren't a one man team.

Offline andyw79

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I would of made him stay and if he didn't want to play, well he don't play, but if he played that card he would of been jeopardizing his world cup place.
If he sat out the rest of the season sulking with us its not like it would decrease has value much as every one knows he's a quality player

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He didn't want it.

He played up in the summer and played up again.

He disrespecting the Manager, fans and his team mates.

Fuck him.

I was the first to say get rid in the summer, I understand that argument but we didn't. There is no reason to do it now that didn't exist in the summer. The timing is terrible.

Offline Irakla

• Anny Roader
  • Joe "The real deal" Gomez
90 million for Lemar is an absolute travesty, guy's nowhere near that price tag, he's at the same development stage where Coutinho was when he moved to LFC.

We have Keita coming next summer we have to take that into account as well, my guess is Ox and Lallana will step up, so no need to rush and spend all the money we've got mindlessly.

Apparently Paolo Maldini has a Joe Gomez poster hung on his bedroom wall

Offline AndreTheMidget

• Kopite
Definitely makes no sense this lads.

Player submits transfer request last summer, player gets family to turn the screw, player fakes injury. New window open, player fakes injury again, Nike have it on their store, his mate Paulinho chatting away about signing him.

Oh and he definately doesn't want to play for us anymore.

But yeah absolutely 100 fucking percent makes no sense. None at all.

Wake up, seriously and move the fuck on or go and support someone else.

Yeah everyone, if you are unhappy a brilliant player has left go support someone else!!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That's my only concern. Bobby's performance and general happiness.

He still has Alberto around! :)

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lets hope other players dont use that tactic.
They all use that tactic. Including the one we just signed for £75m.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
I was the first to say get rid in the summer, I understand that argument but we didn't. There is no reason to do it now.

Every reason to get rid.

Massive fee for a little shit stirrer.

Trust the Manager and owners.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Get him some more veneers..
I actually attend the same dentist as him on Brodie Avenue :)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
They all use that tactic. Including the one we just signed for £75m.

Well me might be a bit fucked then.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Every reason to get rid.

Massive fee for a little shit stirrer.

Trust the Manager and owners.

Why not sell last summer then?

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Why Bother To Wait For Official News That thelinnen, sorry, Coutinho Has Gone?
« Reply #5416 on: January 6, 2018, 06:56:23 pm »
Sad to hear this, even though it was inevitable.

Honestly, Coutinho even more than Suarez, was the player that told me the club was beginning to head in the right direction after the horror signings of 2010-2012 (Adam, Carroll, Konchesky, Cole etc). Here was the kind of technically gifted player that the clubs above us would be envious of. Once he added the end product to his game he went up another level and from then it was only a matter of time until the bids rolled in.

Very disappointed I won’t get to watch Coutinho in a Liverpool shirt again. One of my favourite foreign players to ever play for us.

A huge loss, but unlike the Suarez departure, there are others here who can pick up the slack.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

We will be fine.

As others have said: Salah, Keita, VVD and Mane all joined cause of Klopp.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
In the final analysis it’s been completely mismanaged - could have done the deal last summer ... or next summer. Just an unnecssary gamble with our season and our CL prospects for next season.
Don’t really begrudge him his move despite him acting like a tit - don’t really have any feelings about him any more - but it’s really frustrating it’s been done in a way that’s weakened us mid season

Barcelona didn’t offer 142m in the summer. We must have assumed that Phil would do the decent thing and stay until the summer window.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Who says mate? Coutinho won us fuck all and is a bad egg. I saw Kevin Keegan, Graeme Souness and Ian Rush leave this club before Coutinho was even born.
Not arsed one bit.

Stopped being arsed about him the moment he put in a transfer request BUT the fact remains there is still 5 months of the season left and we needed his quality for the challenges we have to come. A deal for the summer would've been acceptable but I don't see how this helps barring another mad spree from us. Sure he was probably going to go on strike again but fuck him, he would've come back a few weeks later.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Between him and Suarez, can safely say this is some of the most extreme stuff I've seen players do to get their move. (Boy do we attract them  ;D)

Obviously not fun to be on the end of it, but when players go that far, think its far to say it really can make things untenable.

A lot of players don't get their immediate wishes, but few go to these levels, especially if they knew a move would happen 6 months later.

Crazy he burned all his goodwill for that.   

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why? This is modern football. This is how players get moves and how clubs (including us) get the players they want.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
He didn't want it.

He played up in the summer and played up again.

He disrespecting the Manager, fans and his team mates.

Fuck him.

Yes, I love this idea of, "Well, he's under contract. Make him play." While he may be acting like a child, he's not one; you can't make someone play, as we saw earlier in the season with him. Not only that, I do worry somewhat about leaving transfers in the same year there's a World Cup. There is no guarantee concerning the player's health after a tournament where their country is expected to go far.

Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Why not sell last summer then?

Because Barca didn't offer enough. That's my guess.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
So I guess you have missed that Pearce is saying the club believes Lallana and Ox are good enough to fill the void the rest of the season and no replacement will be brought in.

That'll get the "VVD 4 COUNTS" brigade moist as hell....

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Meh. We've got a good squad, just need to make we reinvest in the right players to continue building the squad Klopp wants. Klopp obviously saw him as part of the team, but I guess he'd rather just get it over and done with and try and continue to do well this season, while also preparing for next season so it's not such a shock.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Bold Warrior

• Anny Roader
Hugelly dissapointing that we havent made him stay until the summer but you would assume that Klopps had the last word and if hes told him he can go thats good enough for me.
Its dissapointing that weve taken a step backwards but where we were taking one step forward and two backwards,we seem now to be bringing quality in quicker than were losing it. VVD,Keita,Ox and Salah in and Coutinho and Sakho out.
At some point if we carry on like this were going to start winning things.If we can get someone who has 75% of Phils ability and add Keita plus maybe one or two of good quality in the summer where miles ahead of the end of last season.

At the end of the day the most important person at the club is JK and the team seems light years ahead of where Brendan left us.

Onwards and upwards,any team would miss PC but Klopp will sort it.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Yes, I love this idea of, "Well, he's under contract. Make him play." While he may be acting like a child, he's not one; you can't make someone play, as we saw earlier in the season with him. Not only that, I do worry somewhat about leaving transfers in the same year there's a World Cup. There is no guarantee concerning the player's health after a tournament where their country is expected to go far.

I also don't think they sold him over Klopp's head either, so if Klopp has resigned himself to getting on with the job without him, I'll just back that. Not everything has to be peak crisis or toys out of the pram stations. It's a loss, but it's a lot of money and we have a great young team and a top manager to move forward with.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Stopped being arsed about him the moment he put in a transfer request BUT the fact remains there is still 5 months of the season left and we needed his quality for the challenges we have to come. A deal for the summer would've been acceptable but I don't see how this helps barring another mad spree from us. Sure he was probably going to go on strike again but fuck him, he would've come back a few weeks later.
It's a fair point, but I presume Klopp has just had enough and that's good enough for me.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Sad to hear this, even though it was inevitable.

Honestly, Coutinho even more than Suarez, was the player that told me the club was beginning to head in the right direction after the horror signings of 2010-2012 (Adam, Carroll, Konchesky, Cole etc). Here was the kind of technically gifted player that the clubs above us would be envious of. Once he added the end product to his game he went up another level and from then it was only a matter of time until the bids rolled in.

Very disappointed I won’t get to watch Coutinho in a Liverpool shirt again. One of my favourite foreign players to ever play for us.

A huge loss, but unlike the Suarez departure, there are others here who can pick up the slack.

And we have a manager who knows where we are going and can attract players who want to play here.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
Pretty much everyone spoke about how fucked they were before this season kicked off.... They've sewn up the league sans their star signing... Life's unpredictable.

Yes, but in fairness, their new manager is a major improvement on Enrique's poor final season. Even he won't be able to halt the tides of time!

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
I'm just sad today. We're losing one of our best three players this decade and we didn't even get to say bye properly. My attachment to footballers decreased after Torres but it still leaves a sour taste.

He said goodbye when he faked injury for our last 2 important matches.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
I just hope we have a replacement in mind and much needed ground work done already, if not then we’re even more stupid than it looks.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me

Exactly this

Our problem is conceding. We will score without him, we've got to stop letting them in

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Why? This is modern football. This is how players get moves and how clubs (including us) get the players they want.

Not midway through the season though. Last January when we didnt sign anyone the line was trotted out that top clubs dont sell their best players midway through the season.

We have proved to be the exception.

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
We have Keita coming next summer we have to take that into account as well, my guess is Ox and Lallana will step up, so no need to rush and spend all the money we've got mindlessly.

This just doesn't make any sense, sorry mate. So, wee loose our best player and all we can come up with is not replacing him at all? this can't be serious.
I hope they have already something in mind, both Klopp and the club, otherwise selling Phil just now is complete madness.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Also, the hypocrisy of football fans in times like these is hilarious. If Coutinho acted this way to come to our club we’d all love him for it.

Torres, Coutinho, Suarez...never expect players to share your love of the club - you’ll end up heartbroken.

Offline andyw79

• Kopite
Barcelona fleece psg for neymar, why the hell haven't we done the same to them????
« Last Edit: January 6, 2018, 07:02:40 pm by andyw79 »

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah everyone, if you are unhappy a brilliant player has left go support someone else!!

No it's the constant, I don't understand, cryarsing about it. I'd understand my 6 year old being bewildered (he's not though by the way because he realises at the tender age of 6 that life goes on) but for people who have supported this club for years and seen us sign top talent from other clubs and lose top talent it's just no worth it.

On top of that people keep bringing up Alonso, Mascherano and such. Yeah well the slight issue with that was we replaced them with Poulsen, and promoted Jay Spearing.

When we lost Suarez it was a kick in the teeth because for one he was the most gifted player ever to play for us and two we basically seen the last good year of Stevie oh and signed Balotelli too.

This time we have proven better recruitment under this Manager and not reliant on one single player.

Have a little perspective, I saw one poster say he was done with the club. I mean Christ on a bike.