Author Topic: Coutinho  (Read 509961 times)

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
I also don't think they sold him over Klopp's head either, so if Klopp has resigned himself to getting on with the job without him, I'll just back that. Not everything has to be peak crisis or toys out of the pram stations. It's a loss, but it's a lot of money and we have a great young team and a top manager to move forward with.

For all the shit being thrown FSG's way, I don't think they've done anything over Klopp's head. In fact, as we've seen with the VVD situation, they've backed him fully. I think Klopp- if nothing else- at least had a say in this transfer, which is why I'm not bothered.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Seawall

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
In the words of Jurgen I couldn’t be less interested we knew he was always leaving and to be fair Jurgen and The team have done an exceptional job at getting first choice transfer targets i’m very excited to see who we’ll bring in, we’re now a destination club ourselves so onwards and upwards ! YNWA

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Between him and Suarez, can safely say this is some of the most extreme stuff I've seen players do to get their move. (Boy do we attract them  ;D)

Obviously not fun to be on the end of it, but when players go that far, think its far to say it really can make things untenable.

A lot of players don't get their immediate wishes, but few go to these levels, especially if they knew a move would happen 6 months later.

Crazy he burned all his goodwill for that.

You're under the misapprehension that that means anything to him. He's not a boyhood fan, he's not coming back to sit on the Kop, I doubt he ever saw himself becoming a club ambassador, and how many times is he likely to play at Anfield again?  He's not going to come up against us 2 or 3 times a season every year for the next 6 or 7 year.

So the lack of goodwill will be confined to message boards, pubs and maybe the odd game here and there in the champions league.  We're not exactly going to be lobbing pigs heads at him are we! It's not going to bother him is it?

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Not midway through the season though. Last January when we didnt sign anyone the line was trotted out that top clubs dont sell their best players midway through the season.

We have proved to be the exception.

I think the crux of it will be counting the pennies spent by 1st of September.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
I don`t understand why the club didn`t put their foot down and make him stay till the summer then give him his wish?

A pissed off but firing Coutinho is better than trying to get a replacement in the hope that the said replacement will hit the ground running.

This seriously disrupts our season at the mid point when we are doing really well.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Only joking. You can keep talking Phil for now.

But this will be closed soon, and we will move on.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Rat.

Nah serious, can't believe people actually thought we would spend £75M on a player with Phil not going. Not anti-FSG, just reality.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Little bit torn with how I feel about Phil now. Was my favourite player (up until the summer) and he's given us some great memories. But the way he's conducted himself since Barca sounded him out has been pretty disrespectful to the club.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
I hope we knock Barca out of the CL

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anyway, let's win the CL now, like we did when that rat Owen left in 2005.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
Fuck him. Won't miss him at all.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Quality player but unlike when Suarez left there’s some real quality players as well so the departure won’t hurt as bad, as well as him not being as good

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Rat.

Nah serious, can't believe people actually thought we would spend £75M on a player with Phil not going. Not anti-FSG, just reality.
Yawn.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Klopp is magic.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
Worst kept secret. Loved him while he's been here, a joy to watch.
Hope he tanks at Barca, been a bit of a dick.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I hope we knock Barca out of the CL

Thats a bit tame. I hope Barcelona get kicked out of Spain.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Genuinely hope this goes as badly as it possibly could for him and Barcelona

The worm has no idea what he’s just put on his shoulders. Not just replacing Neymar, but soon Iniesta and Messi. Suarez too. Excellent player, but I’ll fucking take great joy in watching this go nowhere near as well as he and them think it will.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
I know it's not any sort of consolation, but my Barca supporting friends are not happy with this deal.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
Still can't get my head round the timing. Couldn't we have sorted a deal now for a summer move? Seems not, but surely that would have suited all parties better.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Rat.

Nah, gonna spend £265m on Van Dijk, Lemar and Oblak, mate.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
Rat.

Reality as you see it maybe.

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can't wish him well no matter how well he did for us. Shame really.

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Genuinely hope this goes as badly as it possibly could for him and Barcelona

The worm has no idea what he’s just put on his shoulders. Not just replacing Neymar, but soon Iniesta and Messi. Suarez too. Excellent player, but I’ll fucking take great joy in watching this go nowhere near as well as he and them think it will.

Really think so? I reckon he'll be boss there. Has another level in him I feel.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
90 million for Lemar is an absolute travesty, guy's nowhere near that price tag, he's at the same development stage where Coutinho was when he moved to LFC.

We have Keita coming next summer we have to take that into account as well, my guess is Ox and Lallana will step up, so no need to rush and spend all the money we've got mindlessly.

The fee might be a travesty but I can't agree with that. Coutinho was a bit part player at Inter who'd just completed a promising loan to Espanyol. Sure the talent was there, but he'd played, at best, a tangential role in any trophies Inter had won, plus Inter were happy to sell. Lemar was a key component of a title-winning side and already a full (maybe even regular?) international whose club have no need or desire to sell.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
you know we could end up getting both

Offline Thormo

• Kemlynite
Sad that he isn't staying the season but we will walk on!

to be honest I think we ars stronger as a team with Virgil in and Cou out. This should also motivate the rest of the players for a longer CL run as well.

I hope we can get a good offensive weapon like Mahrez in this window though. My only concern is Manes form right now. If Man and Salah was on fire is wouldn't be concerned at all on the offensive side.

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nah, gonna spend £265m on Van Dijk, Lemar and Oblak, mate.
Oh look. You are peddling the same thing in this thread too!

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
Melissa Reddy hinting his Mrs big reason behind the move, having given her up her life for him early in his career, she wanted to be in Barcelona.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Fuck him. Won't miss him at all.

Dont be daft, he is a class player and will be a loss, we move on but lets not think he was not a massive player.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan

But only after they pay the entire fee.   :D

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Reality as you see it maybe.

Just got a bit fed up with the smugness on here thinking we would keep Phil and buy Virgil.

Have 100% faith in Klopp to identify his replacement, hope he gets backed by the board.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2018, 07:32:46 pm by OOS »
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline jimbo196843

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Move on, show some class like Klopp. Remember the good times like the goal v the Mancs in Europa league

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
Have no clue what the situation with barcas finances is as i simply dont pay that much attention to them but i remember a good few on here saying they simply cant afford to buy Phil... so to those people, how have they managed it?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Melissa Reddy hinting his Mrs big reason behind the move, having given her up her life for him early in his career, she wanted to be in Barcelona.

given up her life  ;D  Bless her.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I trust Klopp to find his replacement. Not long after Klopp came in he mentioned Silva as his dream signing. Now after losing Phil it's even more important we bring in a similar player. Klopps got this. Now let's get these twats in the Champions league and see a closeup of Phil when we dump them out on their fucking ear   :wave