Author Topic: Coutinho  (Read 510999 times)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
if he keeps up his form won't be surprised with Madrid coming in for him the summer (or next Jan) natural replacement for Bale.

You've said this about three or four times already. It's not complicated enough that we haven't all cracked what you mean.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline FranklyRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly a Red since Kennedy's goal Paris 1981...
https://twitter.com/Chris78Williams/status/949697616241156096

Chris Williams @Chris78Williams

Mundo reporting Coutinho used his own money to prop up a deal bankrolled by Nike. If true, that’s a high level of collaboration

Yes, that was already rumouring around last days. Also he did pay himself around 15 mln Euros to make the deal (no signing fee at Barcelona and probably the 'loyalty bonus' LFC by asking for a transfer)

Qatar paid for Neymar, Nike with the Coutinho error... and wanting him ... makes sense.
He will sell a lot of shirts etc.
"La ocasión hay que crearla, no esperar a que llegue"

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Just don't get this:

We're 4th in the league, in the CL and in the FA Cup.

I'm at a lost to why the player wanted to leave now and if more so why we let our best player go now.

This is madness! Total madness.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My nana just tweeted me...
Eh? Alright then. Ignore everything. Hopefully he's back from injury in time for City.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
This post is just totally bizarre. It's hardly "bedwettery" to be upset at the loss of one of the best players on the planet. And then you go on to boast as if 4th and the 2nd round of the CL is some sort of remarkable achievement, it's nice progress from recent years but we need to be reaching Barcelona's level, not selling them our best players and be like "this is great, we got a big fee and come 4th".

And it's not about Arsenal and Spurs, we should have eyes on City and Utd not the two nothing clubs from London.
One of the best players on the planet. [emoji23]

Behave.

Offline Szemerényi

• Anny Roader
  • We all ride the red and white gallop
This  is like breaking up with your GF, but before she goes she arrives to your house with two supermodels for one last round of hide the banana.

Is that a good or a bad thing?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not surprised. Always seemed likely to happen this month.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
See ya fella. The Winter Olympics might make you happy in a couple of week, see what fun you can get out of that.
bet the answers ''None'' ;D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Good lord the drama queens in this thread.

"The club needs a set of bollocks!"
"We're a selling club!"
"We're a laughing stock!"
"If only we were more like City, but not entirely!"
"I'm done!"

We just got the 2nd highest transfer fee for a player who didn't want to be here and may have feigned an injury to show how sulky he was about it. And I do not understand the complaint of "We always sell our best players!" Who have we sold in the last 5 years besides Suarez? Serious question, because posters are making it sound like every transfer window, we sell our best players. If anything, we have a tendency to overpay, but you know what? Business is business. We knew this was coming and we stood our ground when Barca tried to bully us into a shit price. If anyone needs to grow a set, it's a section of the fan base who react like stroppy children.

and not only the feigning injury, but the clear attempt to derail Liverpool by throwing his strop and transfer request just before our CL qualifier, with the intent being that Liverpool wouldn't qualify, thus making his exit easier.

Yes it's crap that good players get sold, but sometimes it goes beyond that, and this is one of these cases.  For a player to have not 1% respect for his teammates, manager and the club, let alone the fans, means there is no way forward with that player. And all done in the most cowardly way, hiding behind his brothers.

Move on.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
ffs, we are making a big big mistake here. I wouldn't have sold him in January whatever people are trying to argue, we cannot replace him with a player of his caliber this month...we just fucked up on this one, we fucked up big time.

I hope Klopp and the club have a plan, otherwise this whole story doesn't make sense to me.

Not sure about that. We'll have 105m in cash. 99% of clubs will sell their player tomorrow if we offer anywhere near that much upfront.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Just don't get this:

I'm at a lost to why the player wanted to leave now and if more so why we let our best player go now.

Best you get it as he’s gone
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Irakla

• Anny Roader
  • Joe "The real deal" Gomez
Imagine if he had run down his contract like Sanchez and Ozil are doing right now, guess we should be thankful to Michael Edwards for tying him down for another 5 years last year, which gave us an upper hand in negotiations, and we are in much better situation now than we have ever been when Suarez and Torres left, I have put all my trust into our management team.
Apparently Paolo Maldini has a Joe Gomez poster hung on his bedroom wall

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
£105m guaranteed, £4.4m every 25 games for first 100 games, £4.4m for the first two times they qualify for the CL, then £4.4m if they win the CL.

So pretty much all but £4.4m guaranteed to happen.

That’s a big chunk of money. Shit timing, but big chunk of money.

That's only 135.8m.

We are selling a player who wants to join a Spanish giant and who doesn't want to be here. 4th place, and CL last 16 IS a remarkable achievement for US. Do you not remember we had barely been in the CL for years before this year?

This acting like we've been a massive club for the last few years still is bizarre. Why fans can't see that 4th place, last 16 of the CL, spending a world record amount of money on a defender ISN'T progress for a club who have barely scratched the CL in the last 10 years, and were close to going under a few years ago, is beyond me.

£142m for a player who wants out isn't giving up on reaching a higher level. The only people waving the white flag are hysterical fans.

We should be looking to win the CL this season. With all due respect to Porto, we should be favourites to get to the QFs. After that, there is only 4 games to the final. We are 5x European Champions. Once we are in the CL, we are always in with a shout of winning it.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
The way some are carrying off you'd think he was one of the best players we've ever had. Not even fit to lace the boots of the top ten.

Media sheep. Can any red honestly say that when he's not played we've missed him dearly? Or that we did not too bad without him too? Good player, but I don't think we were shite when he wasn't playing.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline FinnanTastic

• Anny Roader
If he leaves, which is increasingly likely, I can only wish him the best of luck as an individual for all he gave the club besides the feigning injury and sulking he stiill gave everything the last few months.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If he leaves, which is increasingly likely, I can only wish him the best of luck as an individual for all he gave the club besides the feigning injury and sulking he stiill gave everything the last few months.

And quit on us at the first opportunity.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I’m done, it’s been fun lads. This club died when hicks and gillett ran them into the ground. We’re just a profit centre now. Can’t compete with the richer clubs so I’m gonna save myself a lot of heartbreak and give up now.

I've had a few of these moments over the years.

I always come back.

Hope you do too friendo.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
Just don't get this:

because the money they pay now will look cheap after world cup.

we should have put him out of the team, untill he deciedes to help us with win FA Cup and Champions League.

but i guess the club and Klopp know better and have alternatives ready to help us fill the void after Coutinho.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Should we expect an open letter? :butt

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
Coutinho is infinitely more replaceable than Suarez and Torres and we survived without the latter two. Also, allow me to repeat, he doesn't want to play for Liverpool. Bizarre that people are railing against our soulless capitalist owners who are destroying the spirit of the club because they sold a player who felt no affection for the spirit of Liverpool FC. Cognitive dissonance.

Offline payback

• is full of shit, shit and more shit, oh and chillies.
  • Legacy Fan
I think we're mad to sell him in mid-season with the CL and when he'd have no choice but to play with a world cup coming up BUT I trust Jurgen Klopp to do what he thinks is best. We could end up a better all round team than we have been and no-one can see how this will play out yet. We've made an enormous profit on him so lets see where we are come Jan 31st.

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
Media sheep. Can any red honestly say that when he's not played we've missed him dearly? Or that we did not too bad without him too? Good player, but I don't think we were shite when he wasn't playing.

He's a very good player, hard to replace his exact skill set with one player, but pretty much agree with this.  Add in that the Club is in a much better place to lose Coutinho than we were when we lost Torres or Suarez. 
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What can he do about it?

Southampton are a midtable selling club.

We're a selling club, most clubs are.

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
Pleased it’s sorted one way or another...

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
As for Coutinho, I'm disappointed we're losing such a talent. But I'm indifferent towards the guy himself and neither wish him well nor harm in the next phase of his career.

He's irrelevant to us now. He can't be called a legend considering his behaviour in the summer while being paid a handsome wage in the process, and his eagerness to throw a spanner in the works once again this winter sticks in the throat personally.

There's no affinity towards the guy. A marvelous player and one who has undoubtedly contributed to helping to take us back from the doldrums. For that, I will be grateful. But there's no affinity with the guy's personality - the modern player rarely has a connection to football clubs or the immediate community that they are playing for, such is the way that they are encumbered by the lifestyle bubble the operate in. Obviously, local heroes like Gerrard or Carra will forever be revered because they subconsciously get it, they know they're not just playing for a club called Liverpool, but for the city and their perception of it.

There will always be players who come to the club and leave, yet retain respect and empathy towards the fans, but they are the exception rather than the rule in todays game.

It is what it is. A great piece of business and a great player, but not a legend. A loss on the field, but no loss in spirit.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2018, 06:10:42 pm by mattD »

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Life goes on but the 'HE WAS SHIT ANYWAY' shouts are pretty embarrassing. He's probably in the top 30 in the world right now. Even the Manc Guardian had him at 24 in their top 100.

We will be a worse team without him, which is why it hurts.

Doesn't mean we won't get better.

Also doesn't mean we should cack our pants that he's fucked off.

Somewhere in the middle. On an island called 'sensible reaction'.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
Not sure about that. We'll have 105m in cash. 99% of clubs will sell their player tomorrow if we offer anywhere near that much upfront.

I don't think all clubs would do that, try and get Aguero, Hazard or Kane for the same amount of money, in January, and you will understand what I mean.

We have nearly no chance to get a player who's as good as him and can play in the champions league this season...no chance. I don't know if you realize it or not, we have just lost OUR BEST PLAYER.

I just hope The club and Klopp have something in mind. Really.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
It was enormously under value, derisory offer. Nice spin though ;)

£142 million pounds is ‘enormously? under value? What planet do you live on? 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Some right fannies on here.

Personally I'm looking forward to who we're bringing in.  Will almost certainly green light further transfer business for us in this window.  8)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

He's on about the other offer last summer
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
Importance of transfer fees when spending - zero.

Importance of transfer fees when receiving - everything.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Should we expect an open letter? :butt

:lmao

Sorry Reds but my heart will go on...blah blah blah...remember my goals...blah blah...YNWA RIP LOL...eh Luis, pass the yerba mate...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control

Would like to see more specifics, but a poster said we won 10 of 12 games that he didn't play in.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Fuck me but Barca must be massively in debt.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just don't get this:

Maybe the club asked for 6 months to get rid of player who didn't want to be here and get a replacement?

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
Guillem Balague saying that after last nights match, Florentino Pérez said he is a big fan of Van Dyke and he looks like he should live in Madrid with his polo neck style
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Tumbleweed

• Anny Roader
  • Pax Bisonica
Funny how we managed to keep Suarez that extra season, but we've not managed to keep a hold of Coutinho. I'm not impressed with him, and I'm disappointed with the club, but we've accepted Barca's offer and offloaded him. I expect Klopp wasn't happy and wanted rid. If that's the case then good riddance.

Cou seemed too diminutive to be a true Klopp player. An incredibly talented individual yes, but he could be bullied out of games. Our midfield has looked seriously weak at times. The team always comes before individuals and I expect Klopp will now find someone who better fits his team dynamic.

All truth be told I'd be a lot happier about this if it happened this coming Summer, but as it is. Fuck him.
“To wage war three things are necessary; money, money, and yet more money”
Gian-Jacopo Trivulzio, Marshall of France (1499)

"The club always goes on. You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club"
Jürgen Klopp (2018)

Offline supaerheraw

• Kopite
He obviously did it for the World Cup.

Offline FranklyRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly a Red since Kennedy's goal Paris 1981...
Coutinho is infinitely more replaceable than Suarez and Torres and we survived without the latter two. Also, allow me to repeat, he doesn't want to play for Liverpool. Bizarre that people are railing against our soulless capitalist owners who are destroying the spirit of the club because they sold a player who felt no affection for the spirit of Liverpool FC. Cognitive dissonance.

Only do not sign Andy Carroll ;-)
"La ocasión hay que crearla, no esperar a que llegue"

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No, I was talking about their summer offer.