Author Topic: Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - XBOX 1/S/X - Dec12th  (Read 8852 times)

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - XBOX 1/S/X - Dec12th
« on: December 5, 2017, 09:38:15 am »
Nearly here - Released Next Tuesday on Xbox, only €25 squid - who's in?

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/playerunknowns-battlegrounds

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - XBOX 1/S/X - Dec12th
« Reply #1 on: December 5, 2017, 07:45:41 pm »
I only play on the PC but it's a terrific game, not exactly polished but a lot of fun

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 5, 2017, 07:52:27 pm »
I'm gonna wait and see how it runs on the original Xbox one first. Was very interested in it on pc but it has many cheaters and legit players getting banned because streamers reported them. So not a fan of bluehole's practices. With it being on xbl and microsoft helping to manage the port you'd hope that shouldn't be happening.

However it's worrying zero footage has been shown of a game that's sold over 20m on pc. This is a juggernaut and it's really strange why nothing has been shown of it on Xbox

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 5, 2017, 08:40:29 pm »
Any chance of it coming to PS?

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 5, 2017, 08:58:15 pm »
I'm gonna wait and see how it runs on the original Xbox one first. Was very interested in it on pc but it has many cheaters and legit players getting banned because streamers reported them. So not a fan of bluehole's practices.

Have sank 56 hours into it and not ran into a single obvious cheater. My impression is that the majority of the complaints are people salty at getting killed, but hopefully the new killcam feature will clarify things a little.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 6, 2017, 09:35:30 am »
Any chance of it coming to PS?

I'd imagine so yea but they signed an exclusive with Microsoft for Xbox release. It's still in testing by all accounts. There is only one map (though its fucking gigantic) but I know there is another planned for release soon with other vehicles.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 6, 2017, 10:21:17 am »
I'm gonna wait and see how it runs on the original Xbox one first. Was very interested in it on pc but it has many cheaters and legit players getting banned because streamers reported them. So not a fan of bluehole's practices. With it being on xbl and microsoft helping to manage the port you'd hope that shouldn't be happening.

However it's worrying zero footage has been shown of a game that's sold over 20m on pc. This is a juggernaut and it's really strange why nothing has been shown of it on Xbox

The stream sniper bans are an old controversy that was mostly bollocks. Streamers report players who they think are stream-sniping them (joining the same games and using the stream to gain an advantage), Bluehole then use that players history to verify that they are actually stream-sniping before banning them. The one high profile post on reddit that I saw of a legit player was debunked, it turns out he actually was a stream sniper and just didn't realise that Bluehole had looked at his stats before banning him.

The flood of cheaters has been a problem for sure. I never used to see any as they mostly affected the NA servers but lately they've been in EU too, mostly the third person modes.

Have sank 56 hours into it and not ran into a single obvious cheater. My impression is that the majority of the complaints are people salty at getting killed, but hopefully the new killcam feature will clarify things a little.

There's a lot of footage of blatant hackers and Bluehole/Battleye combined have banned hundreds of thousands of them, so it's not people getting salty. The bulk of the cheaters seem to be in TPP squads around peak times across all regions, so if you're not playing that mode you're probably just not running into the bulk of them.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 6, 2017, 10:56:47 am »
The stream sniper bans are an old controversy that was mostly bollocks. Streamers report players who they think are stream-sniping them (joining the same games and using the stream to gain an advantage)

Can't the streamers just delay their stream by 5 minutes or whatever so they're not in the same place as the stream shows. Doesn't really matter to the viewers if they stream is not absolutely live, does it?

Poker streamers do it.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 6, 2017, 11:19:21 am »
Can't the streamers just delay their stream by 5 minutes or whatever so they're not in the same place as the stream shows. Doesn't really matter to the viewers if they stream is not absolutely live, does it?

Poker streamers do it.

The problem with a delay is that it makes it harder for streamers to interact with the chat, which is the draw for a lot of viewers. I can definitely see the viewpoint that streamers choose to stream and so they have to expect stream snipers, but at the same time it's not like Bluehole are banning players without verifying they're actually sniping first.

I've been playing the absolute hell out of this game since it came out, it's a ton of fun and winning a game is one of the most intense gaming experiences I've ever had. It's still very rough around the edges but the devs seem determined to really improve it and the test server version is a huge improvement over what's live at the minute. It looks like there'll be a lot of cool new content with the new map too which should give it a bit more longevity.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 6, 2017, 02:24:07 pm »
If you want to be famous in the game world so badly then you have to put up with people doing stuff like that to you. You're broadcasting an online game live to however many viewers, chances are people will use that info to get an easy kill in a game. If it's such an issue then stop streaming the game

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #10 on: December 6, 2017, 03:25:57 pm »
30 FPS on both XBOXs, good luck. The issue is how they'll optimise it when every asset in the game is store bought and plonked in.

As for the game... the concept is good but I preferred the original Arma mod from the same creator, the shooting just feels off compared to Battlefield, CSGO or Arma - almost as if there's a delay.

Maybe not a fair comparison and I'm probably being a snob.
:D

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 6, 2017, 04:17:37 pm »
If you want to be famous in the game world so badly then you have to put up with people doing stuff like that to you. You're broadcasting an online game live to however many viewers, chances are people will use that info to get an easy kill in a game. If it's such an issue then stop streaming the game

I can see both sides of that argument, I believe Blizzard don't have any rules against stream-sniping in Overwatch but at the same time streaming is the livelihood of a lot of these guys and snipers are just there to aggravate them.

30 FPS on both XBOXs, good luck. The issue is how they'll optimise it when every asset in the game is store bought and plonked in.

As for the game... the concept is good but I preferred the original Arma mod from the same creator, the shooting just feels off compared to Battlefield, CSGO or Arma - almost as if there's a delay.

Maybe not a fair comparison and I'm probably being a snob.

The game definitely needs plenty of work, they could really do with taking another pass at most of the basic features and reworking them properly but they're really against the clock at the moment. Personally I'd love DICE to do a BR mode, either for BF4 or whatever their next game is, they're the only devs that I think could come into the genre and really create something that crushes PUBG.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 6, 2017, 05:11:57 pm »

There's a lot of footage of blatant hackers and Bluehole/Battleye combined have banned hundreds of thousands of them, so it's not people getting salty. The bulk of the cheaters seem to be in TPP squads around peak times across all regions, so if you're not playing that mode you're probably just not running into the bulk of them.

Fairy nuff. I only play solo so I guess I have been lucky!

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 7, 2017, 06:36:10 pm »
This sub genre seems to the one getting ripped off and replicated by other games, new and old, in much the same way the survival sub genre was milked a couple of years ago.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 11:10:01 am »
Anyone invested? Got it through CDkeys for €21. It's good craic. Very much in development with regards to final product but enjoyable none the less. Much harder to kill people using a joypad instead of a mouse (I'd imagine) I rarely get anything decent gun wise, so far mainly shitty handguns, the odd shotgun or m16. Nothing more annoying landing at a house that has just a crowbar and then some fucker comes in blasting a machine gun literally 20 seconds after landing.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 06:57:48 am »
It runs horrendously so gonna pass on it for now. if and when they sort it out later down the line I'll pick it up

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 02:01:55 pm »
I'm in the same boat. It looks great but with the reported framerate issues I'll pass for now. Will probably pick it up with an X next year

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 04:25:49 pm »
If you turn off thr DVR on the xbox the frame rate improves alot. Picked it up today and loving it so far.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 05:55:40 pm »
If you turn off thr DVR on the xbox the frame rate improves alot. Picked it up today and loving it so far.

Can you still record clips if you press guide then "X"?  By turning off the DVR is that the streaming part ie last 5 mins?

thanks

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2017, 01:08:57 pm »
Nice little #2 finish last night, still no dinner though.

Can you still record clips if you press guide then "X"?  By turning off the DVR is that the streaming part ie last 5 mins?

thanks

I'm not too sure mate haven't give it a go since turning it off.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2017, 06:04:45 pm »
Anyone up for duo's give us an add.

Gt: Mondzz

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2017, 11:17:38 pm »
Have given it a try and it's quite fun. Nothing better than being in a house hearing a car approach and just waiting for the guy to walk up the stairs. Finished 7th once and might have got an even better finish but couldn't run a guy over while driving a UAZ. Went around him about a million times and then crashed into a tree so he shot me. Also had one fun start to a game where I went into a house and some other guy came in right behind me. Tried to pick up a crossbow from the floor but only got all the bolts. The other guy picked up the crossbow but had no ammo. We exchanged some blows until he legged it. I tried to find a weapon but didn't find one in the house so the other guy came back and shot me with an assault rifle... :(

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2017, 08:06:07 am »
I really want to get this on the X but I'm a bit put off by the shitty conversion job it's had from pc, any updates lately to improve things?
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2017, 11:35:32 am »
I really want to get this on the X but I'm a bit put off by the shitty conversion job it's had from pc, any updates lately to improve things?

It's still a preview version, the full release isn't until January so I'm guessing there'll be some improvements then at the very least.

I've played this a ton on PC and it's brilliant, every game plays out differently and there are loads of ways to approach playing. Nothing beats that feeling of outplaying numerous people and getting the win, it's also pretty fun to just hide all game and win it with one scruffy kill at the end.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2017, 05:22:10 pm »
It's still a preview version, the full release isn't until January so I'm guessing there'll be some improvements then at the very least.

I've played this a ton on PC and it's brilliant, every game plays out differently and there are loads of ways to approach playing. Nothing beats that feeling of outplaying numerous people and getting the win, it's also pretty fun to just hide all game and win it with one scruffy kill at the end.
It does sound the bollocks mate, I'm so bored of COD style 10 second death play and this sounds much more interesting. I'l defo pick it up

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2017, 11:49:48 pm »

4GB patch yesterday which improved various things.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2017, 11:03:35 am »
Theres a part of me that loves the fact its unpolished. It's a bit batshit crazy sometimes.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2017, 11:16:33 pm »
Just ordered myself a Xim4 with a decent Logitech 502 gaming mouse and keypad as downloaded this and as per usual I suck at it, I've never ever got use to control pads for fps games so finally I can get back to playing them properly :)

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 3, 2018, 12:01:08 am »
Anyone on Xbox playing this? Would be up to give this a try with a squad...
Gamertag is stoaLFC

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #29 on: January 3, 2018, 11:59:09 am »
Gamertag is stoaLFC
I've got it mate but been playing WW2 lately, I'l happily join a team though if you want to start one up. Pezzzer1975

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 3, 2018, 04:25:24 pm »
Just started playing this on pc

Was a bit apprehensive because of what I'd heard about it running on pc and being very cpu heavy. Aside from the first few seconds before you jump it's fine. Runs at a steady 60fps. Not that good at it like but feel like there's a large degree of luck to it also

Anyone play this on pc let me know
« Last Edit: January 3, 2018, 08:48:00 pm by Yulelogs Upinsmoke »

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 3, 2018, 04:28:30 pm »
Gamertag is stoaLFC

Added you mate, up for a few duo games whenever your about.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 3, 2018, 08:01:30 pm »
Watched a few videos of it, looks like a hot mess, I'm not being graphically snobby or anything, just couldn't be bothered with the framerate drops etc, even with an X.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 3, 2018, 09:46:01 pm »
Bought an xbox one X yesterday, it came with a code for this for free... Looks good from what I've read!

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 6, 2018, 01:43:17 pm »
Hadn't played this for about a month what with Christmas and all. I went back to it today, playing 1.0 for the first time. The performance is so much better than it was last time I played. Looks gorgeous too!

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 9, 2018, 10:59:29 pm »
Just got two chicken dinners in a row - https://pubg.op.gg/user/Hector_LeMans?server=as Pretty pleased with that!

Offline Scaryscouse

• Purveyor of shite english lager
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice packet of Crunchy Nut you got here
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2018, 01:12:50 am »
Just got this for xbox last night and had a complete blast playing it. Took me a while to get my head around the controls and the delay in the items menu is quite literally a matter of life and death. Great fun though, can't wait to have another crack this evening.
I remember years ago doing the fart with your fingers pointed like a gun.

I did it to my brother, I had a dressing gown on.

Instead of farting I shat on the floor - my brother thought I was demented.

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2018, 10:15:10 am »
Just got this for xbox last night and had a complete blast playing it. Took me a while to get my head around the controls and the delay in the items menu is quite literally a matter of life and death. Great fun though, can't wait to have another crack this evening.

I still haven't got my head around the controls, particularly in gunfights, I really struggle with it, why did they make it like no game I've ever played?  I do love sneaking around that island and yes, listening to footsteps approaching a house when you have a shotgun aimed at the door is cruel but satisfying.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2018, 11:18:51 am »
Just ordered myself a Xim4 with a decent Logitech 502 gaming mouse and keypad as downloaded this and as per usual I suck at it, I've never ever got use to control pads for fps games so finally I can get back to playing them properly :)

I considered this, as I was longtime PC gamer. A mere 6 months of gamepad use and serious RSI of the trigger finger and I don`t need to buy one  ;)
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2018, 07:19:33 pm »
Don't think the controls are off. They only need to change the aiming so that you're using sights as a default when you use left trigger instead of having to double tap it before or whatever you have to do...