Author Topic: Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - XBOX 1/S/X - Dec12th  (Read 8851 times)

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - XBOX 1/S/X - Dec12th
« Reply #80 on: February 6, 2018, 04:04:39 pm »
Don't get on too often but give it a go when I can... happy to team up!

XBox - Shots Revenge

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #81 on: February 6, 2018, 06:30:03 pm »
Don't get on too often but give it a go when I can... happy to team up!

XBox - Shots Revenge

Yeah. Same for me.
Xbox - stoaLFC

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: April 7, 2018, 07:32:29 pm »
Completely addicted to this now. Put around 70 hours in over the last few weeks.

I've still only ever won once but I enjoy pretty much every game I play regardless of where I finish.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: April 7, 2018, 10:07:33 pm »
Completely addicted to this now. Put around 70 hours in over the last few weeks.

I've still only ever won once but I enjoy pretty much every game I play regardless of where I finish.

Same, I don't know if you got a chance to try the new map on the test server but it's brilliant.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: April 8, 2018, 08:12:55 am »
Same, I don't know if you got a chance to try the new map on the test server but it's brilliant.

That the 4x4 one?

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #85 on: April 9, 2018, 10:55:13 pm »
Playing this on PC currently, just won my first squad game, didn't kill anyone.
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2018, 11:16:32 am »
This game is so unforgiving and difficult to master, but I just can't seem to stop picking it up and having a go when I get the chance.  I think I am addicted to the tension, but after spending 20 minutes without seeing a soul, making it to top 10 and being one shot sniped by an unseen player, is really rough.

One question - when I am getting shot at and hit, is there any indicator as to direction the shots are coming from other than sound?  If there's something obvious I'm missing, that's because I am usually shitting myself trying to find cover!

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2018, 11:41:31 am »
That the 4x4 one?

Yeah, hopefully they bring it back for more testing soon.

This game is so unforgiving and difficult to master, but I just can't seem to stop picking it up and having a go when I get the chance.  I think I am addicted to the tension, but after spending 20 minutes without seeing a soul, making it to top 10 and being one shot sniped by an unseen player, is really rough.

One question - when I am getting shot at and hit, is there any indicator as to direction the shots are coming from other than sound?  If there's something obvious I'm missing, that's because I am usually shitting myself trying to find cover!

You should also keep an eye out for impact effects, if you hear a bullet crack (the sound of a bullet going past you) and then you see an impact off to your left, you can deduce that the player shooting you is behind you to your right. It's also often a good idea to jump, spin and scan for enemies when you get shot at rather than trying to run for cover, knowing their position gives you a better chance of picking a good hiding spot or just killing them before they kill you. You also need to learn the difference between the crack sound and the actual gunshot, one of those tells you where the player is and the other just tells you which side the bullet passed you on.

If you're sneaking into the top 10 without seeing players a lot then you're not getting enough combat practice, drop somewhere busy (a town that's early on the flight path is usually a good call) and fight people until you feel confident you can take on multiple players one at a time, you'll learn a lot playing that way. Also if you're getting sniped in the head a lot it means you're standing still too much, you should always be moving even if it's just side to side behind a tree.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2018, 12:30:45 pm »

If you aren't using headphones use them. I'd agree with Schmidt's advice. The issue with dropping into a busy area like Pecado or a Military base for example is your most likely gonna end up grabbing a pistol or shotgun as your first loot, which helps up close but doesn't do much for practicing your mid range shooting. The chances are someone else who is better is gonna kill you before you find anything worthwhile.. Remember if you have a 8x scope you can zero in on your target (Not sure if your on pc or Xbox here; Page up/down on pc)

I tend to drop into quieter areas and even if that means taking a bit longer to find better weapons and armour then so be it. It does do my head in a bit when your playing squads and everyone wants to jump into the hottest areas, you just end up with a clusterfuck of deaths, but I was playing with some Chinese guy who wasn't playing it for the chicken dinners, he just wanted to kill people. And then it kinda occurred to me that some people aren't bothered about making the zones and staying alive, they treat it more like a tdm

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2018, 03:42:23 pm »
Yeah, hopefully they bring it back for more testing soon.

You should also keep an eye out for impact effects, if you hear a bullet crack (the sound of a bullet going past you) and then you see an impact off to your left, you can deduce that the player shooting you is behind you to your right. It's also often a good idea to jump, spin and scan for enemies when you get shot at rather than trying to run for cover, knowing their position gives you a better chance of picking a good hiding spot or just killing them before they kill you. You also need to learn the difference between the crack sound and the actual gunshot, one of those tells you where the player is and the other just tells you which side the bullet passed you on.

If you're sneaking into the top 10 without seeing players a lot then you're not getting enough combat practice, drop somewhere busy (a town that's early on the flight path is usually a good call) and fight people until you feel confident you can take on multiple players one at a time, you'll learn a lot playing that way. Also if you're getting sniped in the head a lot it means you're standing still too much, you should always be moving even if it's just side to side behind a tree.

Thanks for the advice about when getting shot at, have to learn not to panic and move more aggressively even when under fire - I know in my head its the right thing to do but this game does funny things to my nerves! 

I always tend to drop in to busy areas, usually towns but once I'm armed I then work out how best to escape the town undetected than actively hunting other players.  Again , need to be more aggressive.

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2018, 03:43:47 pm »
If you aren't using headphones use them. I'd agree with Schmidt's advice. The issue with dropping into a busy area like Pecado or a Military base for example is your most likely gonna end up grabbing a pistol or shotgun as your first loot, which helps up close but doesn't do much for practicing your mid range shooting. The chances are someone else who is better is gonna kill you before you find anything worthwhile.. Remember if you have a 8x scope you can zero in on your target (Not sure if your on pc or Xbox here; Page up/down on pc)

I tend to drop into quieter areas and even if that means taking a bit longer to find better weapons and armour then so be it. It does do my head in a bit when your playing squads and everyone wants to jump into the hottest areas, you just end up with a clusterfuck of deaths, but I was playing with some Chinese guy who wasn't playing it for the chicken dinners, he just wanted to kill people. And then it kinda occurred to me that some people aren't bothered about making the zones and staying alive, they treat it more like a tdm

I do use headphones and I'm on XBox.  I like the analogy of treating like a tdm, though I usually play solo so more of a FFA for me.  I suppose I've always been assuming that everyone is playing the main objective like me, but apparently not!

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 03:46:04 pm by Andy_lfc »

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2018, 12:58:17 pm »
Am I the only one who cannot connect to a game on XBox One at the moment?  I have already switched my location from Europe to North America which helped with matchmaking. 

Now for example I will try to play Squad, I appear to find a team to play with, it does the countdown to start a match, the normal black PUBG screen appears and then just stays for a while before kicking me back out to the home screen with the Error message "Connection Timeout 0.7.5"

I cannot find any advice online about this, though it seems I am not alone?

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2020, 06:19:12 pm »
Anyone plays PUBG? Mobile, PC, anything?
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.