Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 771460 times)

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #2600 on: March 5, 2019, 02:17:57 pm »
Klopp doesn't give a shit about clicks. His comments are what they are.

He's playing for the youth side this week - no way he doesn't make an appearance for the firsts this season.
What comments?

Last I read was this - 'Ox is doing 70% of team training. He trains fully but not as much as the others. Then he leaves a bit early to do something else and the things he needs. Everyone is always looking for a reaction but nothing has happened yet. We have to prepare him for his entire career, not just one particular game. When he's in training it looks very nice.'

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2601 on: March 5, 2019, 02:22:08 pm »
What comments?

Last I read was this - 'Ox is doing 70% of team training. He trains fully but not as much as the others. Then he leaves a bit early to do something else and the things he needs. Everyone is always looking for a reaction but nothing has happened yet. We have to prepare him for his entire career, not just one particular game. When he's in training it looks very nice.'

Exactly those comments.

He's able to do the vast majority of training, which given he is playing this week I assume includes contact ball work, so imagine the other 30% is fitness related given he hasn't played for nearly a year.

If he's able to play in competitive game this week then not sure why you'd think he wouldn't be able to make a first team appearance in the last 2 months of the season.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2602 on: March 5, 2019, 02:34:43 pm »
Exactly those comments.

He's able to do the vast majority of training, which given he is playing this week I assume includes contact ball work, so imagine the other 30% is fitness related given he hasn't played for nearly a year.

If he's able to play in competitive game this week then not sure why you'd think he wouldn't be able to make a first team appearance in the last 2 months of the season.
Klopp will definitely be conservative with Oxlade-Chamberlain. For example, he didn't fancy Shaqiri or Keita the other day. In the games that are tight, he will go with the players who have gotten us this far.

I'm not saying he won't make an appearance at all, but he's not going to be making an impact on this season's title race. After such a long lay-off, it'll take time for him to adjust back to full speed and match fitness, plus the likelihood is that he will pick up niggles when he first starts playing competitively.

Words cannot express how much I'd love to be proved wrong though!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2603 on: March 5, 2019, 02:39:35 pm »
Klopp will definitely be conservative with Oxlade-Chamberlain. For example, he didn't fancy Shaqiri or Keita the other day. In the games that are tight, he will go with the players who have gotten us this far.

I'm not saying he won't make an appearance at all, but he's not going to be making an impact on this season's title race. After such a long lay-off, it'll take time for him to adjust back to full speed and match fitness, plus the likelihood is that he will pick up niggles when he first starts playing competitively.

There is no way he is going to be thrown into really big games where we need something. If the title is won or lost with a few games to go then yeah maybe he will get a game.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2604 on: March 5, 2019, 03:00:35 pm »
There is no way he is going to be thrown into really big games where we need something. If the title is won or lost with a few games to go then yeah maybe he will get a game.
Exactly

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2605 on: March 5, 2019, 05:54:05 pm »
As echoed above, he's gonna take some time to get back to what he was, so he'll probably not hit the same heights until next season, might be worth gently easing him back this season, ahead of a full return for the start of next season.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #2606 on: March 5, 2019, 06:13:25 pm »
There's no way Jurgen is going to throw him in if he's not ready for the intensity of a big game.  He won't even do that with Keita ffs and he's been playing all season!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #2607 on: March 5, 2019, 08:52:24 pm »
It's fantastic news, I do think he will make an appearance of two around mid-April, I guess it will depend on his progress and match situations.

I doubt he will play a meaningful part in our games from now till the end but you never know. At the very least it will give the players a big boost to see him on the pitch.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #2608 on: March 5, 2019, 10:02:16 pm »
Hasn't he been named in the CL knockout stage squad ?

Klopp wouldn't do that unless there was some sort of chance of him playing

A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2609 on: March 5, 2019, 11:29:00 pm »
Hasn't he been named in the CL knockout stage squad ?

Klopp wouldn't do that unless there was some sort of chance of him playing

Have you seen all of the players named in that squad?

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2610 on: March 6, 2019, 03:29:44 pm »
Klopp said a while back that he expects Ox to play again this season. But anyone expecting him to offer what he was offering when he got injured or even close to that is likely to be disappointed. He's work his way to full sharpness in the first 2 months of next season. There's nothing quite like playing competitive PL/CL games every week.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2611 on: March 6, 2019, 07:14:36 pm »
Really looking forward to seeing him step out on the pitch on Friday. That in itself is a huge step forward.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2612 on: March 6, 2019, 07:19:25 pm »
Klopp said a while back that he expects Ox to play again this season. But anyone expecting him to offer what he was offering when he got injured or even close to that is likely to be disappointed. He's work his way to full sharpness in the first 2 months of next season. There's nothing quite like playing competitive PL/CL games every week.
Quite agree.

This is a long preseason for him.  Anything more is a bonus
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2613 on: March 6, 2019, 08:02:37 pm »
Just looking forward to seeing him back in action. Stick him on the bench for the last 5 or so games and give him a run if we are cruising.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #2614 on: March 7, 2019, 12:39:51 am »

Nailed on for a 30yarder against Wolves
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #2615 on: March 7, 2019, 01:40:17 pm »
Just looking forward to seeing him back in action. Stick him on the bench for the last 5 or so games and give him a run if we are cruising.

Exactly how I see it pan out. Of course if you ask some other people, they expect the player he was before he got injured right away.  ;D
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2616 on: March 7, 2019, 05:01:31 pm »
Jürgen Klopp has confirmed Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is set to take a significant step on his road back to full fitness by participating in Liverpool U23s’ fixture with Derby County on Friday afternoon.

The midfielder will feature for Neil Critchley’s side at the Rams’ training centre in what will be his first appearance since sustaining a knee ligament injury in the Champions League semi-final tie with AS Roma at Anfield last April.

“The plan is to give him some match time” Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com as he confirmed Oxlade-Chamberlain’s involvement.

“All that we saw so far in training looks really good, it looks really exciting, but we all know it is a massive difference between each training session you have and playing a proper game.

“It’s not about the opponent, it’s about judging situations, a bigger pitch, higher intensity, a different concentration level. The preparation for a match is different to a normal training session, so players after a long period [out] need to get used to that.

“There is absolutely no expectation on the game [for him] apart from go through it, tick that box, come back and go on training again. It doesn’t say anything about him 'being ready for five days later' or whatever, it is just a first – and very, very important – step. As I said, in training Ox is back but now we have to make sure we really prepare him for the rest of his career and the rest of this season.”

Oxlade-Chamberlain is likely to figure for 45 minutes against Derby, along with Nat Phillips, who will also be returning to action for the first time since undergoing surgery for an ankle injury sustained in November.

Klopp continued: “Probably it will be 45 minutes and that’s absolutely OK. It is a bit difficult for Critch when the manager tells you to make a change at half-time, but it’s nice for Ox.

“Nat Phillips will play for the first time I think as well after not as long, but a long enough period, so that’s all good. Rhian [Brewster] is on the way back, so it’s really positive, and Joe [Gomez] is close.”

Despite the importance of the milestone Oxlade-Chamberlain will reach on Friday, Klopp outlined why Liverpool will continue to err on the side of caution with his fitness.

The manager added it is unlikely the No.21 will be considered for any involvement at first-team level until after the forthcoming international break at the earliest.

“The boys worked really hard and a lot with him in rehab, but you cannot do it like it is a normal football game,” Klopp said. “The intensity cannot be that high or you kill a player then. He needs matches and as many as possible, but we are in the middle of the season and will not say now, ‘You need six or seven matches until you are ready.’

“It is about getting him the experience again on the pitch, getting him back in this one and then using him minute-by-minute on the pitch. As long as all the other players are fit and stuff like that, we will have to see who can help the team more when he is finally back. In the moment, he looks brilliant, everything is really, really good. Now let’s play football.

“What people make of that, he should not care. I don’t care if people then say, ‘Why is he not playing?’ and stuff like that. Come on! I am happy people didn’t ask after one session if he could play at the weekend! He’s had a couple of sessions and now he has a first game and that’s really cool.

“I am really excited about it, but he was so long out that having him in training is already a massive difference. Now having him back on the pitch is the next step, but you cannot make that only step back onto the pitch and then you are the same as before.

“Let’s see how he reacts, how he feels and all that stuff. But it is not in the plans, there is nothing to think about before the international break, but this game, maybe another game and having a bit longer and then having the international break, which from now is around three weeks I think, so then let’s see.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/340676-jurgen-klopp-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-u23s

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2617 on: March 7, 2019, 06:06:49 pm »
Exactly how I see it pan out. Of course if you ask some other people, they expect the player he was before he got injured right away.  ;D

Which people are those?  ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2618 on: March 8, 2019, 11:36:37 am »
Just posted this in the injury thread.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is set to figure as Liverpool U23s visit Derby County in Premier League 2 on Friday - and you can watch the game live on LFCTV and LFCTV GO from 1.30pm GMT.

The midfielder is set to take a significant step on his road to full fitness by playing for 45 minutes in the fixture following Jürgen Klopp's confirmation of his involvement on Thursday afternoon.

Kick-off at the Rams' training centre is scheduled for 2pm, but our coverage begins half an hour earlier when Rob Jones will be joined by former Reds Chris Kirkland and Dominic Matteo.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #2619 on: March 8, 2019, 11:53:20 am »
Stay safe out there Alex, good luck, and above all: have fun!
Linudden.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #2620 on: March 8, 2019, 01:53:31 pm »
Right that's me finishing work (at home) in five minutes to watch his comeback!

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2621 on: March 8, 2019, 02:01:46 pm »
God damn hoped I'd be home by now to watch this but still at work!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #2622 on: March 8, 2019, 02:10:05 pm »
Is there any way to watch it if you don't have LFCTV? I usually don't watch u23 matches but might give this one a watch to see the Ox make his return.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2623 on: March 8, 2019, 02:12:06 pm »
Is there any way to watch it if you don't have LFCTV? I usually don't watch u23 matches but might give this one a watch to see the Ox make his return.

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/42405/Derby_County_U23_vs_Liverpool_U23.html

watching it with the link above now. quality pretty decent i think.

Offline Perham

• Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #2624 on: March 8, 2019, 02:19:46 pm »
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2625 on: March 8, 2019, 02:21:35 pm »
http://www.hesgoal.com/news/42405/Derby_County_U23_vs_Liverpool_U23.html

watching it with the link above now. quality pretty decent i think.

I know not to expect much etc. but I am absolutely shitting it every time anyone's near him that his knee is just going to explode.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline GMac1984

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2626 on: March 8, 2019, 02:23:43 pm »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2627 on: March 8, 2019, 02:24:46 pm »
How's he looking?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #2628 on: March 8, 2019, 02:25:16 pm »
I know not to expect much etc. but I am absolutely shitting it every time anyone's near him that his knee is just going to explode.
Lallana was on the receiving end of a pretty dangerous tackle in one such game. Jack Wilshere had the same thing happen to him. They both lashed out, understandably.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2629 on: March 8, 2019, 02:25:25 pm »
How's he looking?

With his eyes...  ;D

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2630 on: March 8, 2019, 02:27:18 pm »
How's he looking?

Breathing out of his arse 20mins in bless him!

Understandable

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2631 on: March 8, 2019, 02:29:00 pm »
Breathing out of his arse 20mins in bless him!

Understandable

A fair summary! He just did that bent in half hands on knees thing me and my mates do 2 minutes into a game of 5 a side.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2632 on: March 8, 2019, 02:33:43 pm »
A fair summary! He just did that bent in half hands on knees thing me and my mates do 2 minutes into a game of 5 a side.

And this fella

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2633 on: March 8, 2019, 02:41:57 pm »
And this fella

yeah but he had done 20 Lambert and  Butler before lunch.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2634 on: March 8, 2019, 02:44:55 pm »
Anyone getting excited about him making the difference in this season's title race ought to have calmed down after seeing this half of football.

Important step for him today on what's still a very long road. Good luck to him.

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2635 on: March 8, 2019, 02:46:02 pm »
and he has been subbed off

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2636 on: March 8, 2019, 02:48:18 pm »
Strange time to be subbed off, 5 mins from half time?

Offline Perham

• Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #2637 on: March 8, 2019, 02:49:34 pm »
Anyone getting excited about him making the difference in this season's title race ought to have calmed down after seeing this half of football.

Important step for him today on what's still a very long road. Good luck to him.
I agree that he probably wont make a difference this season but he showed some good touches and made some impressive passes so there's a lot to be excited about but I agree that this season's probably too early for him

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2638 on: March 8, 2019, 02:49:56 pm »
Strange time to be subbed off, 5 mins from half time?

Pre-planned I imagine.

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2639 on: March 8, 2019, 02:50:47 pm »
Good to see him get some minutes under his belt. Hopefully everything goes to plan regarding to how his body reacts.