Author Topic: Ligue 1  (Read 126238 times)

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ligue 1
« Reply #1000 on: February 20, 2022, 09:20:09 am »
That turn and acceleration by Mbappe where he took it inside then rounded the defender before the red card decision was just unbelievable.

Always good to see PSG lose though.

Of course, they had a poor season last year by their standards, but why does there seem to be a cloud looming over Poch’s tenure? I don’t pay enough attention to them to know. They’re 12 or 13 points clear in the league - which they did not win last year - and have been acceptably good in Europe, including holding a first leg advantage over one of the hardest draws in the knockout stages.

Is it player discord? Is it because Messi looks merely human? Are they not playing with enough swagger or dispatching the teams in their league easily enough?

Isn't a lot of it coming from Pochettino's side of things? From what I've read, he hasn't really settled there and he's not happy that he can't implement his philosophy on the team(or any sort of philosophy), because who the fuck is going to get all of Neymar, Messi and Mbappe to follow any sort of instruction? Don't think he has any say in transfers either.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1001 on: March 5, 2022, 11:49:02 pm »

Well in Nice earlier tonight...

Nice [1] - 0 PSG; Andy Delort 88' - https://streamwo.com/v/8m5sp5q4

'Neymar gets frustrated at Gouiri showboating' (pot and kettle) - https://v.redd.it/3bpjc2jc3nl81

Still 13 points off PSG though, unfortunately - www.flashscore.co.uk/football/france/ligue-1
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1002 on: March 10, 2022, 02:57:58 pm »
Neymar and Donnarumma squared up to each other in the dressing room after PSG's UCL exit.
The forward criticised the keeper for Real Madrid's equaliser, before Gigi pointed out that Neymar had conceded possession ahead of Madrid's second

Full story: https://es.pn/369shQA

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1003 on: March 10, 2022, 03:35:24 pm »
Hardly surprising from a gang of mercenaries. Absolute embarrassment of a club, genuinely hate them.

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #1004 on: March 10, 2022, 10:16:51 pm »
Neymar and Donnarumma squared up to each other in the dressing room after PSG's UCL exit.
The forward criticised the keeper for Real Madrid's equaliser, before Gigi pointed out that Neymar had conceded possession ahead of Madrid's second

Full story: https://es.pn/369shQA

I think this has been debunked as fake news. Neymar posted screenshots of their WhatsApp exchange after the game.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1005 on: March 11, 2022, 01:23:18 am »
I think this has been debunked as fake news. Neymar posted screenshots of their WhatsApp exchange after the game.

interesting. surprised that ESPN went with it?

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1006 on: March 12, 2022, 04:44:39 pm »

GK Walter Benitez (Nice) penalty save against Montpellier on 39' (terrible panenka):-

https://streamja.com/Vkwpw

:lmao
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #1007 on: March 13, 2022, 01:01:06 pm »
Apparently the PSG home fans are booing everyone on their team when they make a touch, yet cheering for M'bappe (because he is performing!). The irony should be obvious.

French journos saying Pochettino, Leonardo and Al-Khelaifi are all being chucked out by QSI in the summer, thus the technical staff will have a big reset. 11 years of continental embarrassment despite all the money in the world, fans seen as entitled gloryhunters who don't care about actual domestic success (why would anyone care about winning the fucking Uber Eats League? Its as bad as the Papa John's Trophy). You would say they are about to do some soul searching but they never had one to begin with.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1008 on: March 13, 2022, 01:24:30 pm »
Apparently the PSG home fans are booing everyone on their team when they make a touch, yet cheering for M'bappe (because he is performing!). The irony should be obvious.

Why is this irony? Mbappe is the only one on that team actually playing well. The rest of them are a waste of space.

Mbappe probably wants to leave because of how badly run the club is, and being a Real fan too. I don't see any irony about the fans supporting the only worthwhile player.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #1009 on: March 13, 2022, 01:25:29 pm »
It's the irony of cheering the one who is gonna leave. I guess he is the only one at the club with honest intentions!

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1010 on: March 13, 2022, 02:24:18 pm »
They must be relieved to be back to winning ways…against bottom of Ligue 1 Bordeaux.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1011 on: March 13, 2022, 03:05:32 pm »
If you could just remove PSG somehow from that league it'd actually be alright IMO. Some decent players/teams there just a big history of failure in Europe. Lille and Monaco won it in recent years even against the stronghold PSG have on it but they just can't sustain it, Marseille have been shite for years too. Surprised to see a once big club in Bordeaux seemingly on their way down bottom place.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #1012 on: March 15, 2022, 10:23:21 am »
You would say they are about to do some soul searching but they never had one to begin with.
Unfair on PSG imo, their fans have kept the old perverse PSG fairly close to the surface, despite everything.  Of the petroclubs they’re definitely the ones who are the most interesting by not just behaving like lucky peasants.  Whether that means anything in the long run is another, doomed question of course, but there is still a soul there.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/mar/15/pursuit-of-happiness-the-problem-with-supporting-one-of-footballs-super-clubs  This is quite a good piece on them, and fan frustration more widely.  I didn’t realise Bayern were in a revolt of sorts too.  Depressing though.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1013 on: March 20, 2022, 01:47:01 pm »

Monaco [1] - 0 PSG; Ben Yedder 25' - https://streamgg.com/v/1ayzftvc

Monaco [2] - 0 PSG; Kevin Volland 68' - https://streamgg.com/v/6snvq942

Monaco [3] - 0 PSG; Ben Yedder penalty 84' - https://streamgg.com/v/nmjk20p9

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: March 20, 2022, 01:49:35 pm »
This is one of the worst title winning teams I've seen. It's sad that they are so far ahead of the rest on the table, but for the money spent, it's a very forgettable team. Poch won't be here next season.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1015 on: March 20, 2022, 01:55:51 pm »
PSG 3-0 down at Monaco today. Looks like the players have given up again. Just labouring to the league title in the last weeks of the season after being knocked out of Europe and the cup. Crazy how Pochettino has gone there and finally won something but still massively underwhelmed. I wonder who goes there next.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline OOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: March 20, 2022, 01:59:25 pm »
PSG 3-0 down at Monaco today. Looks like the players have given up again. Just labouring to the league title in the last weeks of the season after being knocked out of Europe and the cup. Crazy how Pochettino has gone there and finally won something but still massively underwhelmed. I wonder who goes there next.

Zidane. He's one of the few who can manage the team on the pitch, and the politics off it.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1017 on: March 20, 2022, 02:16:51 pm »
They will get Zidane and Utd gets Pochettino imo

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1018 on: March 20, 2022, 02:24:37 pm »
They will get Zidane and Utd gets Pochettino imo
Will maybe work better for the both. I still think that Pochettino should’ve got the Utd job a few years back and would have made something of it had they allowed him enough control; Zidane is an ego manager and very good at that side of it, but I’m not convinced yet he has much tactical acumen and would work outside of the Madrid bubble. We shall see.

Zidane manages in the way that Tom Cruise acts; he’s not an actor, he’s a movie star.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1019 on: March 20, 2022, 03:53:51 pm »
It would actually be a really good league without PSG. Full of decent teams that play good football and look to bring through young players, and anyone of about 10 teams would have a shout at the title (if you consider Lyon are currently 11th).
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline OOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1020 on: April 23, 2022, 09:46:26 pm »
10 men RC Lens score a 87th minute equaliser against PSG....

Offline OOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1021 on: April 23, 2022, 09:50:38 pm »
PSG have just won the league and they get booed at full time by thier fans.

Circus of a club.  ;D

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1022 on: April 23, 2022, 09:50:48 pm »
PSG are so wank. Imagine spending that much money and serving this shit up against post office managers.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1023 on: April 23, 2022, 09:51:37 pm »
They've just won the league and the crowd are booing  ;D

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1024 on: April 23, 2022, 09:53:21 pm »
Probably booing because they see a group of players that are overpaid, overrated and don't try very hard. Unlike Man City, PSG have always had a passionate fan base before the money and seeing your team swan around like they don't give a single fuck and conceding goals against 10 men probably doesn't fill you with a lot of happiness.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: April 23, 2022, 09:54:53 pm »
PSG are such a pointless club. I couldn’t stomach watching them every week. If nothing is done about the likes of PSG and City, people are going to start losing interest in the game. Lots of kids already swerve it.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1026 on: April 24, 2022, 06:03:47 am »
from the bbc

'The club's ultras, annoyed by the club's Champions League exit to Real Madrid, started to leave the stadium 15 minutes before the final whistle rather than celebrate with the players. The ground was empty 10 minutes after full-time and the players did not do a lap of honour afterwards.'

PSG have now won eight of the past 10 Ligue 1 titles, with this latest triumph taking them level with St-Etienne for most wins in the professional era.

While the champions league exit was the trigger point for fans booing and appearing to be disillusioned with this group of players, i wouldn't read anymore into it as regards 'not being happy' despite their sports washing cheating success domestically - they still celebrated and i imagine there is plenty of bravado in the fanbase about drawing level with St-Etienne on leagues (10 each). They're only pissed off because they went out of the CL with a team full of stars that bottled it yet again with a number of their most prestigious players walking around the pitch as tho running was beneath them. So if anything they're pissed off with the lack of success.

If there's enough sports washing states out there eventually you'll see all of the major leagues where buying a club outright is an option (eg Bundesliga doesn't allow for that) becoming nothing but a playground for cheaters across europe, diluting leagues and european competitions into 'trophy wives' of the rich.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 06:14:22 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Red Being

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1027 on: April 24, 2022, 10:39:47 am »
WE are what's preventing the PL from turning into Ligue 1 at the moment.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1028 on: April 24, 2022, 12:52:24 pm »
exactly

it's not just that we took a league off them, it keeps them 'honest' in the league at least, without us he could field kids in the latter half of the season and concentrate on cups, making it more likely of cleaning trophies up
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1029 on: April 24, 2022, 01:05:44 pm »
from the bbc

'The club's ultras, annoyed by the club's Champions League exit to Real Madrid, started to leave the stadium 15 minutes before the final whistle rather than celebrate with the players. The ground was empty 10 minutes after full-time and the players did not do a lap of honour afterwards.'

PSG have now won eight of the past 10 Ligue 1 titles, with this latest triumph taking them level with St-Etienne for most wins in the professional era.

While the champions league exit was the trigger point for fans booing and appearing to be disillusioned with this group of players, i wouldn't read anymore into it as regards 'not being happy' despite their sports washing cheating success domestically - they still celebrated and i imagine there is plenty of bravado in the fanbase about drawing level with St-Etienne on leagues (10 each). They're only pissed off because they went out of the CL with a team full of stars that bottled it yet again with a number of their most prestigious players walking around the pitch as tho running was beneath them. So if anything they're pissed off with the lack of success.

If there's enough sports washing states out there eventually you'll see all of the major leagues where buying a club outright is an option (eg Bundesliga doesn't allow for that) becoming nothing but a playground for cheaters across europe, diluting leagues and european competitions into 'trophy wives' of the rich.
Yeah I watched it live. Just shows how hollow they are.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1030 on: April 24, 2022, 01:53:54 pm »
Champions League race is really exciting. Marseille, Rennes, Monaco, Strasbuorg, Nice all fighting it out, and you could possibly include Lens and Lyon too. Some will get Europa and Conference League at the minimum. Rennes just beat Lorient 5-0, and have only scored one goal less this season than PSG in the league.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1031 on: April 24, 2022, 06:34:44 pm »
Le Parisien claiming Pochettino is on his way out. Conte apparently wants the job. I wonder if Man Utd have the receipt for ten Hag.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1032 on: April 24, 2022, 09:20:20 pm »
If it wasn't for PSG leading to Qatar basically running European football in the background you'd have to say their purchase of the club has been just a monumental failure. Even adding Messi to Neymar and Mbappe, nobody cares. The league is a farce, it's not competitive and they've basically ruined Ligue 1. Who watches their games? Locals and ???? Basically the opposite of what you want sports washing to do but again they've already seemingly insulated themselves in the halls of power on the continent anyway. I do somewhat wonder after the World Cup if they'll cut back on their spending as there isn't really any further benefit to be had without Ligue 1 become way more competitive or them lucking into some good CL draws.. They're pitching Mbappe a 2 year extension so he's around for the World Cup when I'm sure France will one of the favorites again but then he can leave for example.

Edit: As far as Poch and Conte swapping spots, again who cares. We'd see Conte all of twice or three times when it matters and Poch to me seems broken from how it ended at Spurs. He shouldn't go back there.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1033 on: April 26, 2022, 08:00:23 pm »
The fans were apparantly protesting that PSG are being turned into a marketing scheme rather than a football team. Sports Washing gone wrong in Paris!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1034 on: May 5, 2022, 07:36:01 pm »
La Parisien saying Mbappe has agreed a 2 year contract extension.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1035 on: May 10, 2022, 02:38:09 am »
What a fall from grace for Bordeaux. Champions in 2008/09. Now almost certainly relegated

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #1036 on: May 10, 2022, 08:45:46 am »
Speaking of PSG, I think the only true solution would be that the other 19 clubs refuse to play them until they're satisfied FFP regulations are followed. If every single team throws a walkover and then agree to have their own league trophy in their remaining games there's nothing Qatar or the French federation can do. Literally: no PSG games so long as they pay one player more than the second team's entire wage budget is.

They have to be prepared to go on strike or I'll never respect the other clubs for taking such abuse on the chin. It might make them banned from European football for a while but PSG will be stranded and forced to give in eventually. With no home games to televise anymore, there's no way they can cook the books. It's 19 v 1 and the other teams have the power. Make PSG play in the Qatari league if they don't want to follow the rules.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 08:47:52 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1037 on: May 15, 2022, 10:09:56 pm »
Idrissa Gueye’s absence from PSG team sheet for "personal reasons" raising questions as he misses matchday dedicated to LGBT+ rights campaign for second year running. (L'Éq, LP)

RMC Sport reporting that Gueye's absence was indeed down to his opposition to playing in a shirt with the rainbow flag.

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1525922466308169729?s=20&t=htq9QQUzY4U9qJjmwRgdiw

Gueye is a charming fellow isn’t he  ::)

But also, PSG having rainbow flags in their shirts and going along with such campaigns with their owners? Whole thing is pathetic, same here of course with the rainbow laces campaign that Man City take part in with no hint of irony.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #1038 on: May 21, 2022, 03:54:01 pm »
Mbappe turns down Real Madrid to sign a new deal with PSG.  I honestly can barely believe this.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1039 on: May 21, 2022, 04:23:01 pm »
That signing on fee should about cover the down payment on Versailles.

Here's the direction football is going with (so far) 3 oil state clubs who have 100 times times the wealth of the next richest group and no FFP,there's going to be these clubs competing for this caliber of star players and everyone else for the rest.