Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1381827 times)

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General
« Reply #25080 on: April 6, 2024, 07:28:36 pm »
Yay the refereeing gods have now decided that a touch on the ball doesn't mean anything if you foul in the box

:lmao

Offline masher

• Legacy Fan
  • hippie at heart
« Reply #25081 on: April 6, 2024, 07:42:12 pm »
It was an even game till Arsenal were given the penalty. Lamptey got the ball and yet it’s a foul, WTF

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #25082 on: April 6, 2024, 08:55:38 pm »
Wolves been fucked over again?
Yep, horrible decision. Worse than ours with Endo. Insanity.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline crewlove

• Main Stander
« Reply #25083 on: April 6, 2024, 09:04:35 pm »
I don't think it was a bad decision against Brighton. Lamptey touched the ball but it's hard to say he won it. Despite that the problem is that two weeks ago we heard that it's okay to attack somebody if you had a touch on the ball.

With Gvardiol I think they've been lenient about that since VAR's coming in. Still a bearhug but wasn't specifically surprised with the decision. Especially when Tierney wasn't going to give it in real time. Still, on one hand we have Webb talking about high bar for potential reviews and on other hand we have VAR interventions like one with penalty on Mudryk last week. I just don't know and don't understand what is a foul and what is not in this league.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25084 on: April 6, 2024, 09:56:25 pm »
I don't think it was a bad decision against Brighton. Lamptey touched the ball but it's hard to say he won it. Despite that the problem is that two weeks ago we heard that it's okay to attack somebody if you had a touch on the ball.

With Gvardiol I think they've been lenient about that since VAR's coming in. Still a bearhug but wasn't specifically surprised with the decision. Especially when Tierney wasn't going to give it in real time. Still, on one hand we have Webb talking about high bar for potential reviews and on other hand we have VAR interventions like one with penalty on Mudryk last week. I just don't know and don't understand what is a foul and what is not in this league.

The issue is the same as always, no consistency.

Doku got a touch on the ball and that's why it wasn't a pen
Lamptey, got a touch on the ball... doesn't matter

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #25085 on: April 6, 2024, 10:50:27 pm »
Getting decisions we should get would have put us far clear. If we got decisions that we shouldn’t get, like Abu Dhabi and VARsenal did today, we’d have wrapped the title up already. Absolutely scandalous how this title race has been influenced by officials

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #25086 on: April 6, 2024, 10:54:45 pm »
Getting decisions we should get would have put us far clear. If we got decisions that we shouldn’t get, like Abu Dhabi and VARsenal did today, we’d have wrapped the title up already. Absolutely scandalous how this title race has been influenced by officials

Absolutely.  We should have had a nice cushion to work with at this stage. Scandalous how Arsenal get away with their antics game after game without a peep out of the media

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #25087 on: April 6, 2024, 11:25:36 pm »
Absolutely.  We should have had a nice cushion to work with at this stage. Scandalous how Arsenal get away with their antics game after game without a peep out of the media

I agree. A lot of these decisions are memorable. Some have been forgotten about.

I recalled today how much we were messed around in the arsenal league match.

Still can't believe how the Martinelli goal (to make it 2-1,) was allowed to stand.

The only reason he was able to slot home into an empty net, was because his clear shove on VVD, meant Álisson looks as if he has made a mess, when the reality is he has had to adjust from clearing the ball to safety, to unexpectedly having to adjust and try to clear the ball and catch VVD at the same time.

It's a clear foul. And at a time when we were in the ascendancy in the match.
It's really worth another look. It's a clear foul. It's disgraceful.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #25088 on: April 7, 2024, 12:53:29 am »
Wolves been fucked over again?

Indeed. Just watched MOTD, and Gary O’Neil was extremely circumspect. But he was correct - the decision to deny the equaliser was inexplicable. The standard of refereeing under PGMOL is in the toilet. I think I can guarantee that we will all witness superior officiating in this coming week’s European ties.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25089 on: April 7, 2024, 02:45:27 am »
I thought the Arsenal penalty was the correct call.

For the Wolves disallowed goal, I haven't seen a replay angle that shows the alignment of ball, keeper and offside attacker. If they were approximately aligned, then it would seem to be a correct decision, even if it feels harsh.

Edit: here it is. Looks a correct call to me
« Last Edit: April 7, 2024, 02:47:39 am by GreatEx »

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #25090 on: April 7, 2024, 02:51:51 am »
^^^ I think it's the correct call too, but I hate the rule. A player in line between the keeper and the ball should not be punished if not playing. If he pushes the keeper and prevents him from moving toward the ball, than yes, but this guy is a yard in front of the keeper.

Grey line...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25091 on: April 7, 2024, 03:00:35 am »
Yeah I agree it's harsh, but a necessary rule... imagine if Newcastle tasked Dan Burn with standing a couple of feet in front of Kelleher/Ali and moving side to side to block his view of play... not really in the spirit of the game (such as it is these days)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #25092 on: April 7, 2024, 03:37:35 am »
Yeah I agree it's harsh, but a necessary rule... imagine if Newcastle tasked Dan Burn with standing a couple of feet in front of Kelleher/Ali and moving side to side to block his view of play... not really in the spirit of the game (such as it is these days)
Well yeah, the moving would be a problem. That would mean that the player is actively participating in the play. But I saw the play live and it didn't seem to be the case. Could be wrong though...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #25093 on: April 7, 2024, 05:26:45 am »
It was an even game till Arsenal were given the penalty. Lamptey got the ball and yet it’s a foul, WTF

Yet Doku gets the ball (he didn't) and it's not a foul. VAR doesn't know whether they are coming or going.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #25094 on: April 7, 2024, 05:34:50 am »
Osula’s two footed scissor tackle on Konate on 67' - https://twitter.com/matthewscarb/status/1775987965992292410? (40 second video; best angles at the end)

^ referee Atwell seemed to only interested in letting people know it wasn't a penalty... and nothing on the Osula's lunge at Konate. No VAR review it seems, either.

Edit: here too https://twitter.com/MrBDK_YT/status/1775991106318045363

The ref as a clear view of that dangerous tackle and doesn't call a foul. Oliver has a clear view of a chest-high challenge with studs showing and doesn't call a foul. Gravenberch has a horrible challenge on his ankle. VAR see all three incidents and do nothing.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25095 on: April 7, 2024, 06:59:45 am »
I thought the Arsenal penalty was the correct call.

For the Wolves disallowed goal, I haven't seen a replay angle that shows the alignment of ball, keeper and offside attacker. If they were approximately aligned, then it would seem to be a correct decision, even if it feels harsh.

Edit: here it is. Looks a correct call to me

The thing that makes this a ridiculous decision in my view is that there is just absolutely no way Fabianskj is ever saving that header. Yes someone is in his way, but it's from five yards out and is bulleted into the corner. There is no goalkeeper in the world that is going to get near it, so has he really been interfered with?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Devastatin' Dave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25096 on: April 7, 2024, 08:46:43 am »
Don’t really get the frustration with the Wolves decision. The player is right in-front of the keeper in an offside position.

The same football people complaining about the decision are the same that say “if he’s not interfering with play what is he doing on the pitch”.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25097 on: April 7, 2024, 09:10:05 am »
You might not agree with the rule, but if a player is offside and in keepers line of vision, which he was, then it’s ruled out. Hardly the ‘worst decision I’ve ever seen’ as the wolves manager said.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25098 on: April 7, 2024, 09:19:22 am »
The thing that makes this a ridiculous decision in my view is that there is just absolutely no way Fabianskj is ever saving that header. Yes someone is in his way, but it's from five yards out and is bulleted into the corner. There is no goalkeeper in the world that is going to get near it, so has he really been interfered with?

Needs a law change. This was said when Harvey's goal was disallowed when Mo was pushed offside, the keeper was never getting it, so why disallow it.

If you wanna see harsh, look under the old laws, seen 1 vid of Kevin Sheedy scoring an absolute screamer of a volley and it got disallowed as someone was stood offside about 10 yards to the left of the keeper
Jurgen YNWA

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25099 on: April 7, 2024, 09:42:14 am »

Exactly my thoughts on it. But would say that it was still the correct decision as the laws stand. But with the refs we have, could you trust them with more subjectivity.

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #25100 on: April 7, 2024, 09:43:54 am »
Thread on Red Cafe about how Anthony Taylor favours other teams when he officiates Man U games in order to cancel out any perceived bias, the records seem to agree with that idea.

problem might occur when he refs Uniteds rivals when he can then be a little biased against those teams
« Last Edit: April 7, 2024, 09:45:25 am by Kloppage Time »
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25101 on: April 7, 2024, 09:46:04 am »
Thread on Red Cafe about how Anthony Taylor favours other teams when he officiates Man U games in order to cancel out any perceived bias, the records seem to agree with that idea.

Yep, defo felt favoured when he was ignoring Ronaldo kicking Jones, Fernandes assaulting Jones, Maguire hauling Jota down when through on goal and an attempt by Pogba to end Keita's career hehe. (though VAR finally corrected him on the latter one)

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25102 on: April 7, 2024, 09:51:38 am »
Yep, defo felt favoured when he was ignoring Ronaldo kicking Jones, Fernandes assaulting Jones, Maguire hauling Jota down when through on goal and an attempt by Pogba to end Keita's career hehe. (though VAR finally corrected him on the latter one)

Yeah, I imagine it might be different in games against us, the feeling is too strong, (there's a song there I think)

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25103 on: April 7, 2024, 10:01:37 am »
Yeah, I imagine it might be different in games against us, the feeling is too strong, (there's a song there I think)

Or a film set in space with a little green puppet
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #25104 on: April 7, 2024, 10:16:15 am »
Why would any Liverpool fan be on Red Cafe?....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25105 on: April 7, 2024, 10:28:18 am »
Needs a law change. This was said when Harvey's goal was disallowed when Mo was pushed offside, the keeper was never getting it, so why disallow it.

If you wanna see harsh, look under the old laws, seen 1 vid of Kevin Sheedy scoring an absolute screamer of a volley and it got disallowed as someone was stood offside about 10 yards to the left of the keeper

"Can the keeper get to it?" is an extremely subjective question to add to the rules. The last thing we need is more subjective calls for officials to make, as it'll just add even more inconsistency and abuse.

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25106 on: April 7, 2024, 10:34:16 am »
Why would any Liverpool fan be on Red Cafe?....

It's actually a very good forum, whilst I'm not a member and don't post I find the debate there rather decent.
Blue moon on the other hand is bordering on insane.
My son complains when I watch Fox news, I tell him to be informed you need to listen to both sides regardless of whether you agree with them or not, their opinion is generally legitimate.
Rawk is akin to Facebook et al, you are fed biased opinions which then feed your bias, unless you broaden your search and get the other sides perspective you will continue to live in a bubble which while probably ok in Sport (this however is exactly the type of behavior that feeds hate chants etc) politically it can be dangerous, and we live I believe in dangerous times
Sorry ...you did ask!

Jurgen Klopp

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25107 on: April 7, 2024, 11:24:10 am »
The non-footballing threads are actually startlingly similar to some on here.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25108 on: April 7, 2024, 12:18:19 pm »

Hate the way this has crept into the game generally but Arsenal have taken it to a whole new level.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #25109 on: April 7, 2024, 12:26:02 pm »
It's actually a very good forum, whilst I'm not a member and don't post I find the debate there rather decent.
My son complains when I watch Fox news, I tell him to be informed you need to listen to both sides regardless of whether you agree with them or not, their opinion is generally legitimate.
Rawk is akin to Facebook et al, you are fed biased opinions which then feed your bias, unless you broaden your search and get the other sides perspective you will continue to live in a bubble which while probably ok in Sport (this however is exactly the type of behavior that feeds hate chants etc) politically it can be dangerous, and we live I believe in dangerous times
Sorry ...you did ask!

So let me get this right. The fanbase that tragedy chant en masse, their largest forum is not a bubble which is why you read it. Forums that are bubbles lead to tragedy chanting, but theirs isn't a bubble, even though 40000 of them will be tragedy chanting today.

The fanbase that don't tragedy chant en masse, their largest forum is a bubble. Again forums that are bubbles lead to tragedy chanting and theirs is a bubble, but there will be no tragedy chanting en masse from thier fanbase.

Make it make sense? Oh you watch Fox News, carry on.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #25110 on: April 7, 2024, 12:29:03 pm »

problem might occur when he refs Uniteds rivals when he can then be a little biased against those teams

In the 5-0 he didn't send Pogba off. he didn't send Ronaldo off. He let their players kick fuck out of us for 90 minutes and was as bent as they come.

'But.. but... but.. but.. but... we won 5-0 which means that he couldn't have been fucking bent."

He rarely gives anything bad or good for us - he just ignores shit like the handball in the first game of the season.

You might as well get an elephant to have a huge shit, put it in a bucket then pour it onto the pitch on the halfway line and put a PGMOL shirt and some cards on it for all the good his does in games.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25111 on: April 7, 2024, 12:39:27 pm »
Sorry ...you did ask!

The fuck it is, sick fucking place.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25112 on: April 7, 2024, 01:52:35 pm »
Sorry ...you did ask!
I think I'm fairly happy in my LFC and left-wing bubble. Everything else is a load of bullshit  ;D

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #25113 on: April 7, 2024, 01:55:40 pm »
Sorry ...you did ask!

yikes!

The red cafe one fine, whatever rocks your boat - there’s some absolute dreadful Liverpool ‘fans’ on there, so it seems plenty of oppo fans love the place.

but fox news? :lmao Legitimate? :lmao As if you need to choose to watch that to be informed. Come on!

Also what’s with that arrogant nonsense I’ve bolded? You think people are here and ONLY here?

That’s a crackers post :lmao

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25114 on: April 7, 2024, 01:58:55 pm »
Missed that he watches fox news, don't need me to explain why that pisses me off no end.

Won't be getting banned for him though.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #25115 on: April 7, 2024, 02:20:15 pm »
I mean, sit down and think of the dumbest shit you can think of for an hour and you've basically done the same as watching Fox news for an hour

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #25116 on: April 7, 2024, 02:40:24 pm »
I mean, sit down and think of the dumbest shit you can think of for an hour and you've basically done the same as watching Fox news for an hour

Nah if you actually watch a clip from there it's dumber than you're capable of conjuring up yourself.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25117 on: April 7, 2024, 02:47:43 pm »
To put this into perspective, my Manc, been everywhere with Utd, seen them win everything, brother in law, thinks Redcafe is fucking shite full of knobheads.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25118 on: April 7, 2024, 03:40:05 pm »
Taylor lets foul after foul go City v Arsenal.

Bradley booked 6 mins in.

Yeah good one.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25119 on: April 7, 2024, 03:41:26 pm »
Taylor lets foul after foul go City v Arsenal.

Bradley booked 6 mins in.

Yeah good one.

That was predictable.