Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2962696 times)

Offline kop306

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Reply #28800 on: March 31, 2024, 10:10:39 pm »
will be interesting to see how many minutes mo will play next thursday

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #28801 on: March 31, 2024, 10:20:13 pm »
It’s a testament to him and his teammates that even when he’s stinking the gaff out he still gets chances and they still keep creating for him. He’s had a few of those over the years but he still finds a way to decide games. His mentality is second to none.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28802 on: March 31, 2024, 11:04:45 pm »
 8)

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28803 on: March 31, 2024, 11:08:57 pm »
In the words of The Bangles, "Fast fucking Egyptian!" .
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28804 on: March 31, 2024, 11:13:57 pm »
On his day, he would have had a hat-trick of goals and hat-trick of assists. The one that he didn't square to Nunez and later on to Lucho on the counter were criminal decisions. And yet, what a game he had!
Yeah. He could have assisted 2.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #28805 on: March 31, 2024, 11:24:33 pm »
Yeah. He could have assisted 2.

Should have passed to Mané...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28806 on: April 1, 2024, 01:51:23 am »
Should have passed to Mané...
That too.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28807 on: April 1, 2024, 03:45:02 am »
I was really surprised with some of the stuff I was reading about him on social media - I’m sure it was just the frustration of a difficult game getting to people, but I thought he was on it from the first minute. Sure, he missed some chances, but he misses chances every game. The numbers speak for themselves. The amount of matches that he has won for us with winning goals is only surpassed by a handful of people in the history of our club. Just a wonderful player who we are so lucky to have.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28808 on: April 1, 2024, 01:40:00 pm »
The thoughts that went racing through my head during the Brighton game.

“Man he can be  selfish, I love him 😁”

He just has this amazing quality to keep believing in himself and keep going and going and going, and keep getting into killer positions and make killer runs. And despite all this selfish talk, he still makes more assists than anyone else. Just a supremely elite mentality.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #28809 on: April 1, 2024, 01:53:17 pm »

He just has this amazing quality to keep believing in himself and keep going and going and going, and keep getting into killer positions and make killer runs. And despite all this selfish talk, he still makes more assists than anyone else. Just a supremely elite mentality.

I love the way he'll just have a rueful smile on his face after he misses a chance, he knows another one at least will come along and that he's likely to score one.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #28810 on: April 1, 2024, 03:49:57 pm »

I don't really see him as selfish. He is a supremely confident finisher and if a chance comes his way he is going to attempt to take it, more so if he hasn't already scored. Once he scores, which he almost always does, he is always looking for the assist.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28811 on: April 1, 2024, 06:39:56 pm »
I don't really see him as selfish. He is a supremely confident finisher and if a chance comes his way he is going to attempt to take it, more so if he hasn't already scored. Once he scores, which he almost always does, he is always looking for the assist.

I agree … you don’t get the number of assists he does and be a selfish player. But he can be selfish when it comes to wanting a goal at times, and I mean that in the good, necessary way which you need to be. You also don’t get the number of goals he gets without having that streak. Unique combo really
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline kop306

• Kopite
« Reply #28812 on: April 1, 2024, 10:39:51 pm »
ive got mo as captain in fpl  so i need at least 4 goals from him on thursday night

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #28813 on: April 1, 2024, 10:50:36 pm »
ive got mo as captain in fpl  so i need at least 4 goals from him on thursday night

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28814 on: April 2, 2024, 08:47:33 pm »
Torres still hanging around the club.  ;D

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #28815 on: April 3, 2024, 08:36:21 am »
Torres still hanging around the club.  ;D

Now imagine Mo providing assists to Torres
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #28816 on: April 3, 2024, 09:34:46 am »
Torres clearly told him to stop being a scruf

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28817 on: April 3, 2024, 09:47:33 am »
New contract?

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #28818 on: April 3, 2024, 10:01:07 am »
New contract?

Yup. The new bond after Aaron Taylor-Johnson distanced himself from the speculation. Mo has got this
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28819 on: April 3, 2024, 01:03:55 pm »

training sessions are getting way too soft.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28820 on: April 3, 2024, 01:05:51 pm »
training sessions are getting way too soft.

Haha good luck running in those sponers.. Like when you'd forget your trainers for PE and you'd be in your shoes, slippy!

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #28821 on: April 3, 2024, 05:54:48 pm »
New contract?
It's for the James Bond video.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #28822 on: April 3, 2024, 06:06:58 pm »

He's playing in that on Sunday. That's how close the United defenders will be getting to him.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28823 on: April 4, 2024, 09:36:20 pm »
He's in poor form. I wouldn't start him against United because Mo Salah in poor form takes a lot away from our attack. When he's not on the pitch, our players are more willing to think for themselves.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28824 on: April 4, 2024, 09:37:36 pm »
He's in poor form. I wouldn't start him against United because Mo Salah in poor form takes a lot away from our attack. When he's not on the pitch, our players are more willing to think for themselves.

Eh? Some of his passes to create chances was great, we were just collectively shit till the 65th minute.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28825 on: April 4, 2024, 09:37:55 pm »
Yep, offering very little. Really important for us in the run in so need him on it.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28826 on: April 4, 2024, 09:38:49 pm »
Eh? Some of his passes to create chances was great, we were just collectively shit till the 65th minute.
He's just not playing well and the other players are leaning on him. We're not Mo Salah FC, that's why we have a squad
« Last Edit: April 4, 2024, 09:41:26 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #28827 on: April 4, 2024, 09:40:05 pm »
He was crap.  But I suspect it won't last long.

In the interest of a debate, have we looked a better team without him at times this season?  The period with Nunez/Jota/Diaz/Gakpo all available we were absolutely flying.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28828 on: April 4, 2024, 09:41:18 pm »
Kudos to Klopp to have the bravery to sub him.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28829 on: April 4, 2024, 09:43:27 pm »

You can be delusional some times, I guess that applies for us all, but that’s a silly comment, given Salahs record against united and his overall level.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28830 on: April 4, 2024, 09:43:49 pm »
He was crap.  But I suspect it won't last long.

In the interest of a debate, have we looked a better team without him at times this season?  The period with Nunez/Jota/Diaz/Gakpo all available we were absolutely flying.
We certainly didn't miss  him that much.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28831 on: April 4, 2024, 09:45:10 pm »
You can be delusional some times, I guess that applies for us all, but that’s a silly comment, given Salahs record against united and his overall level.
He was poor in the last game at OT so what's your point?

Delusional.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28832 on: April 4, 2024, 09:45:51 pm »
He's just not playing well and the other players are leaning on him. We're not Mo Salah FC, that's why we have a squad

Bizarre because he’s been back for three games, he scored against United, scored his last game and the game before he got injured he scored and assisted within 45 mins.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28833 on: April 4, 2024, 09:46:32 pm »
Bizarre because he’s been back for three games, he scored against United, scored his last game and the game before he got injured he scored and assisted within 45 mins.
Another scoreboard analyst  :D

Agree to disagree.  Bye.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28834 on: April 4, 2024, 09:47:40 pm »
He was poor in the last game at OT so what's your point?

Delusional.

He scored a goal, how poor can he be, he wasn’t poor he just wasn’t anything special but he played his part in what should have been a win for us.

He’s had a couple poor games where he still contributes only a absolute mad man will bench your best player in one of the biggest games of the season against a team he has like 12 goals and 4 assists in the same amount of games.

Lucky Klopp is not a mad man.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28835 on: April 4, 2024, 09:49:48 pm »
Another scoreboard analyst  :D

Agree to disagree.  Bye.

Scoreboard analyst? What the hell are you on about Salah stills create more chances than all our other attackers even when having a bad game, he’s had two average Pl games one where he scored, that’s not a good enough reason to drop him, anybody who replaces him will see a drop off.

If we were going to bench him it would be for a game like today, not against an Arsenal United City Villa or Spurs.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #28836 on: April 4, 2024, 10:03:20 pm »

So are you saying you'd start Harvey Elliott ahead of Mohamed Salah? Or Cody Gakpo from the right? Come off it.

If we want to have a serious discussion about not starting Salah at Old Trafford, then that will have to wait until next season after we sign a credible alternative who can play to a high level off the right flank.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28837 on: April 4, 2024, 10:04:34 pm »
He's clearly done, exactly the same way Robbo is. We need to offload the pair of them in the summer.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28838 on: April 4, 2024, 10:05:49 pm »
So are you saying you'd start Harvey Elliott ahead of Mohamed Salah? Or Cody Gakpo from the right? Come off it.

If we want to have a serious discussion about not starting Salah at Old Trafford, then that will have to wait until next season after we sign a credible alternative who can play to a high level off the right flank.
I'd start Diaz on the right and Gakpo would come in.

It's nothing personal but our attack looks better without him atm. Saying he's in poor form is not an attack but Rawk eh? :D

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #28839 on: April 4, 2024, 10:07:24 pm »
I'd start Diaz on the right and Gakpo would come in.

It's nothing personal but our attack looks better without him atm.

So you'd move someone who has finally got somewhere back to his best lately out of his best position, and bring in a player who has made Salah's last two performances look like Messi at times this season?