Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2943784 times)

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Reply #28840 on: April 4, 2024, 10:10:00 pm »
It's nothing personal but our attack looks better without him atm. Saying he's in poor form is not an attack but Rawk eh? :D
Can I interest you in a fact that Mo scored 8 goals last 5 games at OT?

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28841 on: April 4, 2024, 10:10:10 pm »
So you'd move someone who has finally got somewhere back to his best lately out of his best position, and bring in a player who has made Salah's last two performances look like Messi at times this season?
Yawn!

I've already said why and it's just an opinion that our attack looks better as a unit without him so you can state your opinion. That's why it's a forum.  I don't  pick the team so I don't get it LOL.

If you don't agree, that's fine. There's no rule that says you have to. This is not an echo chamber

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #28842 on: April 4, 2024, 10:13:00 pm »
I do not get the grief Mo gets on here from some posters. He is a fabulous player and put in some lovely passes that on another day if our players had gambled on Darwin reaching the ball would likely have resulted in goals or at least shots on target.
Yet some people expect him to be world class every minute of every game.
Yes he was pissed off to be subbed and I like that. I would rather him be pissed about coming off rather than being happy and joyful about it.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #28843 on: April 4, 2024, 10:29:21 pm »
He's clearly done, exactly the same way Robbo is. We need to offload the pair of them in the summer.

He's not "done". But he'll be 32 at the start of next season, and it will be harder and harder to keep the same level up.

I think subbing him was the right call as both his performances vs Brighton and today were sub-par. I did like one or two of his balls today but overall the team would have been better with him coming off.

Klopp made the right call and it paid off. Having said that Mo will be crucial to our run in and score some big goals thats for sure.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28844 on: April 4, 2024, 10:35:09 pm »
Gotta find a way to get him the ball closer to goal these days. Him often being our width against a low block is a complete waste of time.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28845 on: April 4, 2024, 10:37:52 pm »
A fired up Salah before the United game?  I like it. 

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28846 on: April 4, 2024, 10:38:24 pm »
Gotta find a way to get him the ball closer to goal these days. Him often being our width against a low block is a complete waste of time.
Agree, he's doing very little out wide and certainly plays better closer to goal.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #28847 on: April 4, 2024, 10:38:57 pm »
I'd start Diaz on the right and Gakpo would come in.

It's nothing personal but our attack looks better without him atm. Saying he's in poor form is not an attack but Rawk eh? :D
One decent cameo from Gakpo, and here are shouts to start him ahead of Mo...

Sorry, mate, but that's nonsense. At the start of the game, Mo was a very good creator and had a few shot opportunities. His presence also occupies defenders more, leaving room for others. Salah is not in his best form and perhaps the fasting has some effect. But even in that form, he starts in the front three. And Darwin and Lucho are undroppable too, IMHO.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28848 on: April 4, 2024, 10:40:16 pm »
One decent cameo from Gakpo, and here are shouts to start him ahead of Mo...

Sorry, mate, but that's nonsense. At the start of the game, Mo was a very good creator and had a few shot opportunities. His presence also occupies defenders more, leaving room for others. Salah is not in his best form and perhaps the fasting has some effect. But even in that form, he starts in the front three. And Darwin and Lucho are undroppable too, IMHO.
Fair points.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28849 on: April 4, 2024, 10:40:57 pm »
Angry Salah on Sunday.

I'm expecting a brace.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28850 on: April 4, 2024, 10:43:46 pm »
Some of the over reactions here is funny. He's going to rip United of absolute bits on Sunday
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
« Reply #28851 on: April 4, 2024, 10:48:58 pm »
He's clearly done, exactly the same way Robbo is. We need to offload the pair of them in the summer.

Ha

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #28852 on: April 4, 2024, 10:50:39 pm »
Think he’s now at the stage where he can no longer play 2 games in a week at the same high level he used to. Probably best starting him in the tougher one and bringing him on for 20-25 mins in the other game

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28853 on: April 4, 2024, 10:54:46 pm »
Great player, not his day today. Our manager, a consummate leader, subbed him off. Many managers would avoid that decision, so well done Jurgen. Salah not so happy with that, but that’s ok, as he would have thought he was about to make a game winning contribution, just a matter of time until it clicked… All top strikers are the same.

Salah will probably start against Man Utd and if he is fired up and we get a few extra percent because of it, bring it on!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28854 on: April 4, 2024, 10:56:32 pm »
We just lost a goal, he's bound to be pissed off. I bet that he knew before the game started that he'd be getting subbed when he did, got United and Europe to worry about.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28855 on: April 4, 2024, 11:04:42 pm »
We just lost a goal, he's bound to be pissed off. I bet that he knew before the game started that he'd be getting subbed when he did, got United and Europe to worry about.
Exactly mate.

Some of the shite posted about Mo is frankly bizarre.
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #28856 on: April 4, 2024, 11:05:32 pm »
You only need a bad half and your career is up these days

Not even sure he was that bad
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28857 on: April 4, 2024, 11:06:41 pm »
You only need a bad half and your career is up these days

Not even sure he was that bad

Seconded.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #28858 on: April 4, 2024, 11:06:55 pm »
Hopefully he’ll be pissed off against United and will destroy them.
#JFT97

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #28859 on: April 4, 2024, 11:10:17 pm »
With the Mancs up next I'm glad he was subbed...pissed off Mo > happy Mo ....a scowl and a point to prove is the ideal recipe....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28860 on: April 4, 2024, 11:14:16 pm »
Exactly that.  The substitutions on the hour mark are rarely tactical, they always seem to be pre-planned and about managing minutes of players.

Grav and Mo have both recently returned from injuries and they were the two that were taken off on the hour mark.

If Mo had come off smiling just after we'd conceded an equaliser then he'd have got pelters on here.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28861 on: April 4, 2024, 11:17:16 pm »
I doubt his inner monologue was about the substitution or maybe the Boss is trying to force him out.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28862 on: April 4, 2024, 11:24:03 pm »
You're forgetting to add Van Dijk to that list.

Offline fancy lad

• Kemlynite
« Reply #28863 on: April 4, 2024, 11:37:35 pm »

I don’t get what all the fuss is about . Of course he was pissed.  He’s mo salah and wants to play a full 90 all the time. How did people think he would react at getting subbed off? 

It just shows how hungry and competitive a player he is. I love it.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28864 on: April 4, 2024, 11:39:31 pm »
Mad how we’re top considering the fact we’re littered with shit players that we should get rid of.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28865 on: April 4, 2024, 11:43:40 pm »
Mad how we’re top considering the fact we’re littered with shit players that we should get rid of.

And booting our manager before his contract is up.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #28866 on: April 4, 2024, 11:43:53 pm »
Has Mo ever looked anything other than completely pissed when subbed. It’s a non story
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28867 on: April 4, 2024, 11:46:19 pm »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #28868 on: April 4, 2024, 11:46:34 pm »
That was one of his more subdued reactions to being subbed off in fairness  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28869 on: April 4, 2024, 11:48:45 pm »
https://x.com/tashaaa2000/status/1775995676301693040

It's all about the team.
Nah, that was a "That should have been me!" reaction...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28870 on: April 5, 2024, 12:00:00 am »
Nah, that was a "That should have been me!" reaction...

Why do you think he pulled the hood over his face?

It's a classic meme on the internet with the happy face but behind the guy is fuming and crying.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28871 on: April 5, 2024, 12:21:39 am »
Mo is second in the league for Goals and assists combined, 1 assist behind a player that has played 6 more games. He's had a couple of off days lately, so fucking what?

Maybe he's not into full swing after his injury, maybe he's having a bit of adjustment to Ramadan or maybe he's just like every other player who's ever played the game (with the possible exception of Messi) and has ups and down in form.

He's an elite player, there isn't that many at his level, you find solutions, you don't drop them for players not even vaguely on the same level.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #28872 on: April 5, 2024, 10:35:07 am »
Mo is second in the league for Goals and assists combined, 1 assist behind a player that has played 6 more games. He's had a couple of off days lately, so fucking what?

Maybe he's not into full swing after his injury, maybe he's having a bit of adjustment to Ramadan or maybe he's just like every other player who's ever played the game (with the possible exception of Messi) and has ups and down in form.

He's an elite player, there isn't that many at his level, you find solutions, you don't drop them for players not even vaguely on the same level.
Messi probably has off days. We just don't frequent mauve and blue kop.
Thing is, for me, salah swings between unplayable and major threat.  An off day for him and defenders are always having to watch out for him. His numbers are just so good, that he can have his worst game of the season and there's still a decent chance of him grabbing the winner, or stalemate breaking goal. Anyone coming in has to be on a good day, to rival his bad days.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28873 on: April 5, 2024, 01:30:05 pm »
I'd be more concerned if he wasn't pissed being subbed off. Shows how committed he is to the cause. My god he's going to tear that United defence a new one on Sunday you'd almost feel sorry for them  :wave
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #28874 on: April 5, 2024, 01:36:04 pm »

He's being compared with the prime version of himself, who was an insane player. He's still a great player though.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28875 on: April 5, 2024, 01:57:34 pm »
Messi probably has off days. We just don't frequent mauve and blue kop.
Thing is, for me, salah swings between unplayable and major threat.  An off day for him and defenders are always having to watch out for him. His numbers are just so good, that he can have his worst game of the season and there's still a decent chance of him grabbing the winner, or stalemate breaking goal. Anyone coming in has to be on a good day, to rival his bad days.
It's impossible for anyone to play well all the time. Even Pele.

Our other attackers could take more responsibility and not overrely on Mo. They are top players too. It's like they are in his shadow at times and it's easy to pass it off to him in big pressure games. We had the same issue with Coutinho. We're just more predictable which shouldn't be the case but it's fine when he's in top form which he won't always be in.

That's the point I was making yesterday because anything short of "he was brilliant" is automatically a personal attack for some or it means he's "finished". It's a team game and no player can be amazing all the time. If one player has an off game, others can step up. That's the actual point being a team but we're playing as if we expext him to be amazing all the time.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2024, 02:19:41 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28876 on: April 5, 2024, 01:59:19 pm »
not following the whole thread but if anyone is saying Mo shouldn't start on Sunday, they need to give their head a sharp shake.

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #28877 on: April 5, 2024, 02:10:11 pm »
He was crap.  But I suspect it won't last long.

In the interest of a debate, have we looked a better team without him at times this season?  The period with Nunez/Jota/Diaz/Gakpo all available we were absolutely flying.

The reality is a bit like this...if Salah is having an off day its absolutely amplified because our players gravitate towards him because he's Mo Salah. When he is not on the pitch there is no burden of having a superstar ahead of you waiting for the ball so it gets a bit more mixed up and unpredictable. Players play with a bit more responsibility without him.

Having said that our best attack is with Mo Salah starting and just not being awful. He's not been great vs Brighton/Sheffield but he will bang them in during the run in. Starting on Sunday!

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #28878 on: April 5, 2024, 03:14:36 pm »
It's impossible for anyone to play well all the time. Even Pele.

Our other attackers could take more responsibility and not overrely on Mo. They are top players too. It's like they are in his shadow at times and it's easy to pass it off to him in big pressure games. We had the same issue with Coutinho. We're just more predictable which shouldn't be the case but it's fine when he's in top form which he won't always be in.

That's the point I was making yesterday because anything short of "he was brilliant" is automatically a personal attack for some or it means he's "finished". It's a team game and no player can be amazing all the time. If one player has an off game, others can step up. That's the actual point being a team but we're playing as if we expext him to be amazing all the time.

Fair point.You're essentially saying, that other player play with more freedom when Salah isn't on the pitch.  And that gain is more than what we get when a sub-par Salah is on.
Can argue till the cows come home how sub-par he needs to be, but it's a point that can't be dismissed out of hand.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28879 on: April 5, 2024, 03:21:12 pm »
You would have to be out of your fucking mind to not play Mo Salah away at Old Trafford. Like fully playing bongos with your undies on your head and pencils up your nose shouting wibble kind of out of your mind.