Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2966564 times)

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #21800 on: May 22, 2022, 06:34:56 pm »
That doesn't matter, score a few in the final next week lad.

What doesn't matter?
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #21801 on: May 22, 2022, 06:37:47 pm »
That was as scruffy a goal as he's scored for us. Please let this be the moment he gets his form back, next week he needs to be the Mo from the first half of the season.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #21802 on: May 22, 2022, 06:38:29 pm »
Shame that Son caught up to him but its still a 3rd golden boot in 5 seasons which is nothing to sniff at

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21803 on: May 22, 2022, 06:41:52 pm »
What doesn't matter?

Golden boot. It's just a cherry on top.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21804 on: May 22, 2022, 06:43:31 pm »
That was as scruffy a goal as he's scored for us. Please let this be the moment he gets his form back, next week he needs to be the Mo from the first half of the season.

Yep. Salah seems to get quite a few chances each game we playand you suspect he will get another one against Madrid - either a one on one like today or a half chance to bend one in. Mane and Diaz can be quite erratic in front of goal so we need Salah to step up and be at his clinical best next week.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21805 on: May 22, 2022, 07:54:48 pm »
Shame that Son caught up to him but its still a 3rd golden boot in 5 seasons which is nothing to sniff at

Laughable really, Son is miles a worse a player.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #21806 on: May 22, 2022, 07:56:42 pm »
Yeah, but Salah has been off the boil for months.

Hopefully he signs the fucking contract right after the CL final and get the weight of that stone off his back.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21807 on: May 22, 2022, 07:59:45 pm »
Yeah, but Salah has been off the boil for months.

Hopefully he signs the fucking contract right after the CL final and get the weight of that stone off his back.

Which makes it laughable the plaudits he is getting. There is a reason nobody bids for him.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21808 on: May 22, 2022, 08:10:14 pm »
Which makes it laughable the plaudits he is getting. There is a reason nobody bids for him.
He is a good player in a good for him system. Son and Kane remind me a bit of Keane and Berbatov in the way they play together. Either one going to a different team and style at this stage would probably struggle more than most good players. That, compounded with the price tag they may command, would put many potential buyers away.

Mo is in the same bracket, by the way.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21809 on: May 22, 2022, 08:20:26 pm »
Mo Salah has been top scorer in the top flight for the 3rd time now

Since the 1st world war only jimmy greaves(6) and Thierry Henry(4) have managed it more times (I'm surprised Ian rush and roger hunt only made it once)

Not bad for a winger

« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 08:24:21 pm by markmywords »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #21810 on: May 22, 2022, 08:21:24 pm »
It's great to see him find the net in time for next week. Rest Mo and unleash on Real Madrid and we'll put this behind us.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21811 on: May 22, 2022, 08:41:18 pm »
how in the name of God can they publish this? (click on "Goals")

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/8618/Stages/19793/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2021-2022

by no fukking metric is Son rated higher than Mo, but he's shown as top, with Mo 2nd?  fukk me.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21812 on: May 22, 2022, 08:41:46 pm »
Sign or fuck off Mo, that's yer options

You aren't going to ever better what you get at Liverpool so it's your choice lad, love life or fuck it up, up to you mate

Yes I'm pissed 😂
Jurgen YNWA

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21813 on: May 22, 2022, 08:44:05 pm »

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/8618/Stages/19793/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2021-2022

by no fukking metric is Son rated higher than Mo, but he's shown as top, with Mo 2nd?  fukk me.
Dunno what you're seeing, but the link shows Son 3rd, Salah 2nd, and De Bruyne 1st.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21814 on: May 22, 2022, 08:44:34 pm »
Hopefully the real Mo turns up in the final and not his cousin who's been with us for the last few months. He's good but not as good.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21815 on: May 22, 2022, 08:49:42 pm »
Dunno what you're seeing, but the link shows Son 3rd, Salah 2nd, and De Bruyne 1st.
like I said - click on "Goals".

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21816 on: May 22, 2022, 08:50:56 pm »
like I said - click on "Goals".
Ah, it's the yellow cards then, Mo's got one less...

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21817 on: May 22, 2022, 08:53:04 pm »
Ah, it's the yellow cards then, Mo's got one less...
must be - not enough pashun.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #21818 on: May 22, 2022, 09:15:06 pm »
Anyone could have poked the ball in today.
Or maybe they would have had it blocked by the defender on the line, or likely never even anticipated it enough to be at the right place to poke it in.

He's a goalscorer. We miss him when he's not in the team.

Hope he smashes Real and exorcises his demons from the Ramos assault.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #21819 on: May 22, 2022, 09:24:49 pm »

This is really not worth getting worked up over mate 😂

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21820 on: May 23, 2022, 05:08:34 am »
Made up that Mo scored yesterday... he really needed a goal and hopefully he can get 1 or 2 on Saturday to help us bring big ears back home

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #21821 on: May 23, 2022, 05:33:28 am »
Queue this week of Salah to Madrid rumours starting, they be ramping it up trying to unsettle the team in the lead up to the Final.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21822 on: May 23, 2022, 05:39:08 am »
Queue this week of Salah to Madrid rumours starting, they be ramping it up trying to unsettle the team in the lead up to the Final.
Personal terms will be agreed on Friday, for sure.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21823 on: May 23, 2022, 05:48:49 am »
More gold boots for the King

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21824 on: May 23, 2022, 06:48:39 am »
Kinda feel sorry for him you could tell word of City’s comeback hadn’t quite filtered down to the players on the pitch. The way he celebrated I think he thought Villa were still 2 goals to the good.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21825 on: May 23, 2022, 11:52:48 am »
Delighted for him to have grabbed a goal yesterday, incredible to be top scorer and assister in the same season. He needed that goal for his confidence and I hope he goes into the final with full confidence

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #21826 on: May 23, 2022, 11:56:16 am »
Kinda feel sorry for him you could tell word of City’s comeback hadn’t quite filtered down to the players on the pitch. The way he celebrated I think he thought Villa were still 2 goals to the good.

Yeah I felt for him. Barren goal spell and then scoring the goal to potentially give us the most legendary of title wins taken away from him

Hopefully he'll get his big moment in the final

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #21827 on: May 23, 2022, 12:00:23 pm »
He will feel fine, when he gets the goal in Paris, great to see him scoring again.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21828 on: May 23, 2022, 12:12:27 pm »
Sign or fuck off Mo, that's yer options

You aren't going to ever better what you get at Liverpool so it's your choice lad, love life or fuck it up, up to you mate

Yes I'm pissed 😂

I can't think of a single player who left us as an established top player and then was just as successful somewhere else. They all ended up playing less, scoring less, and often leave again.

With less senior players it sometimes happens - some players we basically let go and they carve out decent careers elsewhere, but not in a top team - Coady for example, or Shelvey.

The only player left us and had good success elsewhere is probably Sterling, and he was still a bit of a youth player when he left.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21829 on: May 23, 2022, 12:13:39 pm »
I can't think of a single player who left us as an established top player and then was just as successful somewhere else. They all ended up playing less, scoring less, and often leave again.

With less senior players it sometimes happens - some players we basically let go and they carve out decent careers elsewhere, but not in a top team - Coady for example, or Shelvey.

The only player left us and had good success elsewhere is probably Sterling, and he was still a bit of a youth player when he left.

Suarez, Mascherano, Alonso, Arbeloa
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #21830 on: May 23, 2022, 12:15:41 pm »

Keegan Euro Footballer of the Year at Hamburg...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21831 on: May 23, 2022, 12:18:21 pm »

Arguable if he was established fully with us, but let's be real Sterling has had a pretty great career as well since leaving us

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21832 on: May 23, 2022, 12:19:09 pm »

Honestly, I'd only count Mascherano, partly due to transforming into a defender. Everybody else ended up playing less regularly.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21833 on: May 23, 2022, 12:24:19 pm »
Arguable if he was established fully with us, but let's be real Sterling has had a pretty great career as well since leaving us
His career has been good, but I don’t think as an individual he ever fulfilled the potential he had.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #21834 on: May 23, 2022, 12:24:57 pm »

Yeah there's a fair few that people have named....but none of them left when we were really at our best either. I think thats the kicker here. Owen, Torres, Alonso, Masch, Suarez, Sterling, Stevie. They all left when we were either at a bit of a low ebb (Owen, Torres, Masch, Sterling, Stevie), left because we clearly didn't have the resources to kick on (Xabi) or left after a bit of a freak season when he was the catalyst (Suarez).

When they left it was always a bit of a case of 'fucking hell what does that leave us with?'. If Mo decides to go (still dont think he will) we can do the same and go 'Okay Alisson, Trent, Virg, Ibou, Robbo, Thiago, Fab, Naby, Diaz, Mane, Bobby, Diogo and more AND a load of really promising kids AND an amazing manager who has just extended his contract. We are in a much, much stronger position than when any of those guys left.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21835 on: May 23, 2022, 12:30:02 pm »
Yeah maybe that's it, we usually improved once they'd left, while they went to a team with more competition and where they weren't as much a standout player as with us before.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21836 on: May 23, 2022, 12:32:01 pm »
Honestly, I'd only count Mascherano, partly due to transforming into a defender. Everybody else ended up playing less regularly.

I'm afraid this is clearly and identifiably not true.

Generally, you are correct, not many go on to greater success after they leave Liverpool but the 4 mentioned there clearly had more successful careers after they left us, and they had pretty similar game time/were first team players.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21837 on: May 23, 2022, 12:33:09 pm »

I'm not sure that's true is it?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #21838 on: May 23, 2022, 12:35:12 pm »
Yeah maybe that's it, we usually improved once they'd left, while they went to a team with more competition and where they weren't as much a standout player as with us before.

Nah thats not really true. I mean Suarez in particular was an absolute monster at Barca (think he's about their third top goalscorer of all time). Xabi was the same, huge for Real Madrid.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21839 on: May 23, 2022, 01:01:12 pm »
Nah thats not really true. I mean Suarez in particular was an absolute monster at Barca (think he's about their third top goalscorer of all time). Xabi was the same, huge for Real Madrid.

Haha, maybe you're right, it might be my perception because I probably didn't watch them as often for them as I did for us.

Anyway, having thought about this a bit, apart from the point about our relative weakness when Alonso, Masch, etc left us, to bring it back to Salah, I think his age might be against him. Or am I wrong again about Alonso , Suarez etc being a bit younger than Salah when they left?