Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2966873 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #21640 on: May 11, 2022, 12:22:38 pm »
When he hadn't played as much football?

he's been playing non-stop for years more or less. If he's tired - then we are doing a poor job managing his minutes and getting him rest.

Offline WoodenHanger

• Ursine Wanger.
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #21641 on: May 11, 2022, 05:20:44 pm »
Thing is how can it be the African nations cup?

What scientific reason is there?

His head is fucked after losing the final ? That makes no sense. Like he’s taking on a man and then all of a sudden ‘fuck I lost the final to Senegal’

Physically, no way. This tiredness over months of playing I’m after if I just don’t buy into never have. Short term maybe.

To me he’s making different noises since all this contract shit took off. Telling reporters his personal goals for the season is very not like him

I don’t know what’s happening with his contract but it’s the more likely culprit. The only other option is defenders and managers have simply cottoned on to him.

I feel like he's picking up the ball far too tight to the touchline.

Earlier in the season we saw a lot of rotation with Elliot on the right. This would also see Trent picking up this weird deep half space position to deliver crosses from with Henderson or Elliot overlapping.

1. I don't like Trent in this position, I much prefer him doing the overlapping especially if Henderson is the right sided 8. Henderson isn't dynamic enough in the final 3rd to be overlapping a guy like Mo. It's not his game. That should be Trents job.

2. With Mo picking the ball up, often to feet on a touchline this gives chance for a midfielder to come over and cover and the fullback time to get set.

I'd much prefer seeing Trent play a much more basic fullback role, and allow Mo to drift much further inside almost next to Mane.

If Mo is wide I'd like to see Henderson drop into right back and have Trent play like a traditional fullback overlapping Mo, dragging the fullback away and giving Mo chance to run inside more.

It feels like Mo is picking the ball up on the touchline and having to / trying to beat 3/4 people every time he has the ball. The upshot of that is, it's just too much work for one player.

Earlier in the season it felt like "where" he was picking up the ball was far more central than he's currently playing.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21642 on: May 11, 2022, 05:37:46 pm »
Lost momentum at the AFCON, and some physical/mental fatigue impacted his form. Now his main issue seems to be confidence and overthinking things. Against Spurs his decision making was awful. You can tell his goal drought is impacting him.

I don't think his contract issues are having any impact.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21643 on: May 11, 2022, 06:17:03 pm »
Heard Gabby Abgonlahor today discussing Mo's body language ;D

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #21644 on: May 11, 2022, 06:32:48 pm »
He's going to end up with in a lot of ways his best statistical season in a Red shirt since his first season and people are going on about what's wrong with him. Call me crazy but more than likely his hot start was just never sustainable in the first place without a shit load more penalty calls.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #21645 on: May 11, 2022, 11:26:25 pm »
Well the latest quote I’m seeing from him is going to explode like a grenade

I’m finding it hard to believe he meant to say that
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21646 on: May 11, 2022, 11:36:29 pm »
is it this stuff mate?

https://twitter.com/kelarini/status/1524476079523581952

Seems like it's been misquoted. Although it's fair to say I think he could ease up on his constant media appearances at the moment (upside is at least it's not overtly contract related).

He's coming across as trying to justify himself a bit too much. Should try to make the most of what little rest he can outside of the dumb football media bubble, instead of wasting energy trying to set the message.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #21647 on: May 11, 2022, 11:52:27 pm »
is it this stuff mate?

https://twitter.com/kelarini/status/1524476079523581952

Seems like it's been misquoted. Although it's fair to say I think he could ease up on his constant media appearances at the moment (upside is at least it's not overtly contract related).

He's coming across as trying to justify himself a bit too much. Should try to make the most of what little rest he can outside of the dumb football media bubble, instead of wasting energy trying to set the message.

Absolutely

Someone has to be telling him what a minefield it is when you start playing the press game. They will end up getting you saying your a nazi if you let them if English isn’t your first language
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21648 on: May 12, 2022, 05:55:40 am »
I can see why he has chosen to remind people. The likes of Diaz, Son and Mane have kind of stolen his thunder a bit since January.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #21649 on: May 12, 2022, 11:10:34 am »
I can see why he has chosen to remind people. The likes of Diaz, Son and Mane have kind of stolen his thunder a bit since January.

Mane has been amazing since he joined.  If he took pens his numbers would be amazing.  I see them as equals.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21650 on: May 12, 2022, 11:55:03 am »

Remind people?
He was asked during an interview at FWA awards. Some say you are selfish when you are the player with the most assists ? he answered I don't let this talk affect me and if you compare me to other players at my position now and the past few seasons you will find I am the best. Pretty obvious he meant the one with best numbers as a reply to the ones who said he is selfish.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21651 on: May 12, 2022, 12:43:05 pm »
Mane has been amazing since he joined.  If he took pens his numbers would be amazing.  I see them as equals.

Also if he wasn't asked to do all the defensive work with great effort, compared to Salah who is free from that duty. Even when he tries to do some defensive work, with all due respect, he's no better than a training cone.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #21652 on: May 12, 2022, 12:49:57 pm »
The shitting on Salah continues. I am not sure some of you deserve him. As for this pathetic attacking of one of our players to make another one look even better, it's beyond stupid and worse dishonest.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21653 on: May 12, 2022, 12:52:34 pm »
Also if he wasn't asked to do all the defensive work with great effort, compared to Salah who is free from that duty. Even when he tries to do some defensive work, with all due respect, he's no better than a training cone.

Where does this weird idea come from that Salah is free from doing defensive work. The way people talk about it, you would think that Salah is just camped at the midfield line and only decides to move when we get the ball back.

and the bolded part - that's just absurd.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21654 on: May 12, 2022, 12:54:09 pm »

The hatred you have for Mo is so weird. What's caused it?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21655 on: May 12, 2022, 12:54:15 pm »
Where does this weird idea come from that Salah is free from doing defensive work. The way people talk about it, you would think that Salah is just camped at the midfield line and only decides to move when we get the ball back.

It's like they don't understand how their own teams actually plays. As if we'd win half our games if the whole front three didn't get through all the defensive work they have to do.  ::)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #21656 on: May 12, 2022, 01:03:32 pm »

He's made some vital tackles in our own penalty box on occasion when he's been the quickest one back, let along the defensive work he does on the wing. Just a weird take all round.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #21657 on: May 12, 2022, 01:06:45 pm »
The shitting on Salah continues. I am not sure some of you deserve him. As for this pathetic attacking of one of our players to make another one look even better, it's beyond stupid and worse dishonest.

Salah is crap compared to _______ if you can only remember the past several games though.
I enjoy the idea of him proving his worth allll over again very soon!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #21658 on: May 12, 2022, 01:09:18 pm »
Jesus some awful posts here

the quotes are being jumped on, he could very well have been taken out of context

Salah is a lot of things, but arrogant isnt one of them
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #21659 on: May 12, 2022, 01:13:18 pm »

the quotes are being jumped on, he could very well have been taken out of context

Yeah, he says a lot of things in a jokey, tongue in cheek kind of way that written down look a bit suspect, but it's just the way he is.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21660 on: May 12, 2022, 01:16:59 pm »
All will be forgiven if he turns up against Chelsea and Real Madrid.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21661 on: May 12, 2022, 01:18:35 pm »

There is nothing wrong with those comments, taken out of context or not.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21662 on: May 12, 2022, 01:44:11 pm »
It's like they don't understand how their own teams actually plays. As if we'd win half our games if the whole front three didn't get through all the defensive work they have to do.  ::)

Ah,but what was his body language like when he made those comments?

That's what we want to know.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #21663 on: May 12, 2022, 01:48:30 pm »

dont know

he did have a new hat though
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21664 on: May 12, 2022, 01:49:29 pm »
Yep. Time to show it on the pitch.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21665 on: May 12, 2022, 03:00:54 pm »

He admitted himself that he's terrible at defending.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21666 on: May 12, 2022, 03:06:17 pm »

When? And did he also say that he was relieved of any defensive duties because of that?

And I'm so confused because Klopp is praising his defense: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=salah+playing+defense&docid=608007076959037463&mid=4F2BB1240925C4780B804F2BB1240925C4780B80&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

But maybe you know something we don't?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #21667 on: May 12, 2022, 03:08:15 pm »

But you said 'compared to Salah who is free from that (defensive) duty’.

Where do you get that idea from?

Salah does defend in the situations he needs to defend in. Doesn’t matter how good a player he is, he can’t play on a Klopp team and not do some defensive work to help the fullback. 

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21668 on: May 12, 2022, 03:14:42 pm »
When? And did he also say that he was relieved of any defensive duties because of that?

And I'm so confused because Klopp is praising his defense: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=salah+playing+defense&docid=608007076959037463&mid=4F2BB1240925C4780B804F2BB1240925C4780B80&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

But maybe you know something we don't?

As you would expect from Klopp. He used to say that Karius is a brilliant GK. He will never throw his players under the bus

Watch it at 2:52

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/IiPgg9vsoHM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/IiPgg9vsoHM</a>

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21669 on: May 12, 2022, 03:20:46 pm »
As you would expect from Klopp. He used to say that Karius is a brilliant GK. He will never throw his players under the bus

Watch it at 2:52

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/IiPgg9vsoHM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/IiPgg9vsoHM</a>

So - let's just admit that you are wrong and be done with it. Using a FIFA card ranking and mo having fun with U9 players - amazing.

Nice agenda though.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 03:22:23 pm by newterp »

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21670 on: May 12, 2022, 03:38:58 pm »
So - let's just admit that you are wrong and be done with it. Using a FIFA card ranking and mo having fun with U9 players - amazing.

Nice agenda though.

Ugh?  :wave

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21671 on: May 12, 2022, 03:44:08 pm »
There's stuff to forgive?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21672 on: May 12, 2022, 04:31:28 pm »

I'd forgotten we have a team of body language experts on here, silly me.  :D

Offline Tacchini

• Boys Pen
« Reply #21673 on: May 12, 2022, 05:25:29 pm »
The original translation appears to be ''Not including players on Liverpool'' or something to that extent.

That aside, there's always been a weird narrative against Salah, not just from the outside but from a certain portion of our own supporters, probably just online but if you look through this very same thread, there are numerous nonsensical comments about him before this whole contract stalemate situation has gone on. [There are plenty if you go through them]

When someone says all is forgiven, there really isn't anything to forgive [the comment could be a throwaway joke], he's put up spectacular numbers for a number of years, and has provided amazing memories for us all. Apart from his very first season, he has always had a spell of games where he isn't as effective as he usually is, whether it be a goal drought or just poor performances, that has happened. That's usually the case for most attacking players, it's not a new phenomenon, and I don't think it's related to the contract situation. [Afterall he was scoring plenty at the start of the season]

There has also been this persistent agenda to put him up against Mane and vice versa, whether from the media or others. To me, they excel in different areas, and they're asked to do different things, overall I believe Salah is the bigger threat because of his skillset, I think he's a far more creative player than Mane is [not that he isn't it at all, but the numbers don't lie] and he's been dealing with absolutely godawful officiating since he's been with us. I believer there was a report recently where he's the least fouled player in the final third, or something to that extent? I mean we've seen defenders get away with ''murder'' when it comes to marking him, and he rarely gets a call, it's a miracle when it happens. For whatever reason Mane doesn't have that problem but it's clear as day.

He's also usually marked by several players, so it's not an easy role for him to fullfill, but he does a great job of doing so anyway. Does that mean that he always makes the best decisions? No absolutely, no player really does, but he's in top 3 in chances created in our side in addition to actual assists, to go along with the goals that he's scoring. He also does track back on a regular basis, we'd be absolutely murdered down that side if he left Trent on an island, that's not to say that he's great at defending, but all of our wide players track back including him.

It would be amazing if he contributed in the remaining games and helped us win obviously, but there's nothing to forgive, the guy did score one of the most important penalties in our recent history in a European Cup final not that long ago among other numerous big matches as have our other attacking players.

Mane had an atrocious season last year up until the last 10 or so games, where he started to get back on track, but he faced no where near the same amount of scrutiny as Salah is anytime he goes to one of his barren spells as he is now.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #21674 on: May 12, 2022, 06:15:27 pm »
Do you just watch the ball when watching the game?

Heads gone.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #21675 on: May 12, 2022, 06:16:12 pm »
This, all day long.

This thread is becoming a fucking disgrace.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #21676 on: May 12, 2022, 06:22:08 pm »
The original translation appears to be ''Not including players on Liverpool'' or something to that extent.

That aside, there's always been a weird narrative against Salah, not just from the outside but from a certain portion of our own supporters, probably just online but if you look through this very same thread, there are numerous nonsensical comments about him before this whole contract stalemate situation has gone on. [There are plenty if you go through them]

When someone says all is forgiven, there really isn't anything to forgive [the comment could be a throwaway joke], he's put up spectacular numbers for a number of years, and has provided amazing memories for us all. Apart from his very first season, he has always had a spell of games where he isn't as effective as he usually is, whether it be a goal drought or just poor performances, that has happened. That's usually the case for most attacking players, it's not a new phenomenon, and I don't think it's related to the contract situation. [Afterall he was scoring plenty at the start of the season]

There has also been this persistent agenda to put him up against Mane and vice versa, whether from the media or others. To me, they excel in different areas, and they're asked to do different things, overall I believe Salah is the bigger threat because of his skillset, I think he's a far more creative player than Mane is [not that he isn't it at all, but the numbers don't lie] and he's been dealing with absolutely godawful officiating since he's been with us. I believer there was a report recently where he's the least fouled player in the final third, or something to that extent? I mean we've seen defenders get away with ''murder'' when it comes to marking him, and he rarely gets a call, it's a miracle when it happens. For whatever reason Mane doesn't have that problem but it's clear as day.

He's also usually marked by several players, so it's not an easy role for him to fullfill, but he does a great job of doing so anyway. Does that mean that he always makes the best decisions? No absolutely, no player really does, but he's in top 3 in chances created in our side in addition to actual assists, to go along with the goals that he's scoring. He also does track back on a regular basis, we'd be absolutely murdered down that side if he left Trent on an island, that's not to say that he's great at defending, but all of our wide players track back including him.

It would be amazing if he contributed in the remaining games and helped us win obviously, but there's nothing to forgive, the guy did score one of the most important penalties in our recent history in a European Cup final not that long ago among other numerous big matches as have our other attacking players.

Mane had an atrocious season last year up until the last 10 or so games, where he started to get back on track, but he faced no where near the same amount of scrutiny as Salah is anytime he goes to one of his barren spells as he is now.
Brilliant first post.

Welcome! :)

Offline Cozzymoto

• Main Stander
« Reply #21677 on: May 12, 2022, 09:02:06 pm »
Not that I care about personal achievements but looks like Son is nibbling at the top scorer for the league. Hopefully it would allow Salah to focus rather than all this talk about Ballon D’or etc …

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21678 on: May 12, 2022, 09:16:08 pm »
Not that I care about personal achievements but looks like Son is nibbling at the top scorer for the league. Hopefully it would allow Salah to focus rather than all this talk about Ballon D’or etc …
he's been getting headlines for his mouth, not his feet, recently.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21679 on: May 12, 2022, 09:22:21 pm »
he's been getting headlines for his mouth, not his feet, recently.
Funny.