Author Topic: England International Dominic Solanke  (Read 273444 times)

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dominic Solanke
« Reply #880 on: August 20, 2017, 10:36:31 am »
His 5th dimension is particularly impressive, I thought. Subspacially dynamic with hints of quantic energy. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts showing hints of astral phase shifting if we give him minutes in the right system.

I had to Google a lot of those words.

Really impressed with this lad so far. A couple of years time he could well be a major player for us.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #881 on: August 20, 2017, 10:45:49 am »
I had to Google a lot of those words.
So did I. ;)
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #882 on: August 20, 2017, 10:51:40 am »
His 5th dimension is particularly impressive, I thought. Subspacially dynamic with hints of quantic energy. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts showing hints of astral phase shifting if we give him minutes in the right system.

Alpha Centauri?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #883 on: August 20, 2017, 10:54:33 am »
Alpha Centauri?
Wolf 359 for me, but it's a question for the experts to debate. It'd be wonderful to listen to a debate between Stephen Hawking and Robbie Savage on the issue, for example.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #884 on: August 20, 2017, 11:09:48 am »
I don't know if it's a coincidence but when he comes on we seem to play better upfront. Really like the look of Solanke and I hope we give him more chances as the season goes on. It's been a while since we've had a young superstar striker in our ranks. Thanks again Chelsea ;D

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #885 on: August 20, 2017, 12:30:40 pm »
Most defenders won't have played against him and don't know what the lad can offer.

I like the element he brings, physical, quick and hungry for goals. Much like when Origi broke through.

Very promising.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #886 on: August 20, 2017, 12:33:53 pm »
??  :o

Height and build. 6'2. Decent build. Can see him being a right so and so to play against when he develops.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #887 on: August 20, 2017, 01:25:54 pm »
Missed that good chance but was great to see him get in that position. He's putting himself about and influencing play when he gets minutes. Definately making progress quicker than many would have expected him to.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #888 on: August 20, 2017, 01:34:49 pm »
Wolf 359 for me, but it's a question for the experts to debate. It'd be wonderful to listen to a debate between Stephen Hawking and Robbie Savage on the issue, for example.

:lmao  :lmao

Offline gloves

• Anny Roader
« Reply #889 on: August 20, 2017, 04:19:50 pm »
I know it's early but to me he already looks like he at least has a better footballing brain than Origi. He just seems better than Origi in almost every respect. Is that harsh?

Offline Rob17

• Legacy Fan
  • The Ultimate Wingman
« Reply #890 on: August 20, 2017, 05:36:35 pm »
I know it's early but to me he already looks like he at least has a better footballing brain than Origi. He just seems better than Origi in almost every respect. Is that harsh?

He looks much more of a goal threat if nothing else!

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #891 on: August 20, 2017, 05:37:33 pm »
Much like when Origi broke through.

I don't quite agree with that. I think he looks much more composed than Origi circa 2015/16. He's also smart with his pressing, especially high up the pitch. The goal yesterday was down to his positional awareness and pressing. He's still a work in progress, but on current eveidence he looks like he's closer to a finished product than Origi was in 2015/16, and as has been said, he seems to have a bit more to his game than Origi, but we'll only really know that for sure when he starts a few games and gets some proper gametime.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #892 on: August 20, 2017, 05:46:21 pm »
Wouldn't mind him or Sturridge starting midweek, go 4-2-3-1 with Firmino behind.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #893 on: August 20, 2017, 05:59:42 pm »
The few signings we have actually made this year look boss so far.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #894 on: August 20, 2017, 06:05:11 pm »
Wouldn't mind him or Sturridge starting midweek, go 4-2-3-1 with Firmino behind.
I am really keen to see something like this but worry about the ability of our midfield 2 to make it work rather than let it break down as it did against Sevilla and various other times that season. I think until we get a midfielder who can link play in a similar vein to Gundogan, the Dortmund 4-2-3-1 is dead in the water.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #895 on: August 20, 2017, 07:27:35 pm »
Helped us when he came on, looking forward to this lad.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #896 on: August 20, 2017, 09:34:17 pm »
I don't quite agree with that. I think he looks much more composed than Origi circa 2015/16. He's also smart with his pressing, especially high up the pitch. The goal yesterday was down to his positional awareness and pressing. He's still a work in progress, but on current eveidence he looks like he's closer to a finished product than Origi was in 2015/16, and as has been said, he seems to have a bit more to his game than Origi, but we'll only really know that for sure when he starts a few games and gets some proper gametime.

I remember seeing Origi at the World Cup and he was a beast albeit a slightly raw. For whatever reasons, following an unsuccessful season in 2015 where he was voted worse player of the French League has damaged his confidence significantly. He was no longer the player we hoped for if he continue with this trajectory.

Solanke on the other end was on the up. A successful U20 World Cup and a pretty fruitful pre-season has really set him up for an upward trend. He was also a lot more clinical and also had a lot more tactical awareness to his game that relies less on physical battles. He could be our Kane.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #897 on: August 20, 2017, 09:37:52 pm »
The few signings we have actually made this year look boss so far.

Yep. Might not have been the most active of summers, but those who have been brought in look tasty.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #898 on: August 20, 2017, 09:56:56 pm »
I remember seeing Origi at the World Cup and he was a beast albeit a slightly raw. For whatever reasons, following an unsuccessful season in 2015 where he was voted worse player of the French League has damaged his confidence significantly. He was no longer the player we hoped for if he continue with this trajectory.

Solanke on the other end was on the up. A successful U20 World Cup and a pretty fruitful pre-season has really set him up for an upward trend. He was also a lot more clinical and also had a lot more tactical awareness to his game that relies less on physical battles. He could be our Kane

Kane was still playing for Norwich then Leicester at the same age and older too. Solanke is doing just fine

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #899 on: August 21, 2017, 01:25:20 am »
Like the look of him. He seems like he ain't doing too much but doesn't give off the impression he is being lazy (something I get with Origi). Hopefully he'll get a couple of goals this season. Seems to positively affect our team shape and style and could be very useful against a low block.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #900 on: August 21, 2017, 01:27:52 am »
He's not 20 yet this lad. I'm not going to get carried away with him but it's obvious he's got a lot of quality. Physical, quick for his size and I love the fact that he's had experience playing in another league for a season.

Hopefully he will bring the best out of Origi too, because he's breathing down his neck for his place in the side. Competition is always good.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #901 on: August 21, 2017, 02:28:53 am »

Solanke on the other end was on the up. A successful U20 World Cup and a pretty fruitful pre-season has really set him up for an upward trend. He was also a lot more clinical and also had a lot more tactical awareness to his game that relies less on physical battles. He could be our Kane.
That's simply not true. He was named in a 'worst XI' by a magazine, but he did score 8 goals in 33 games and was 18 years old. Ridiculous to say he was one of the worst 11 players that season. For comparison, Anthony Martial is born the same year and got 9 goals in 35 games for Monaco that season, a much better side than Lille. Origi was also the 2nd top scorer of his team both in the league and in all competitions in total.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #902 on: August 21, 2017, 03:12:38 am »
I noticed this as well but was too shy to say in case better informed posters took me up on it.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #903 on: August 21, 2017, 03:26:10 am »
He's not 20 yet this lad. I'm not going to get carried away with him but it's obvious he's got a lot of quality. Physical, quick for his size and I love the fact that he's had experience playing in another league for a season.

Hopefully he will bring the best out of Origi too, because he's breathing down his neck for his place in the side. Competition is always good.
That's what I hope. We could have 2 very good young forwards on our books. And by the look of Klopp's subbing, even if mostly friendlies, he thinks the same.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #904 on: August 21, 2017, 08:27:27 am »
??  :o

Tall, dark, and handsome. What's not to like.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #905 on: August 21, 2017, 09:04:17 am »

It's great to have both Origi and Solanke as options off the bench. It's way too early but be making these judgements. Solanke hasn't even started a game or scored a goal for us.

This type of snap judgement remind me of people jumping to conclusions about Jordan Ibe and Raheem Sterling. We should be happy to have both Origi and Solanke. Hopefully that added competition brings out the best in both of them.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #906 on: August 21, 2017, 09:46:33 am »
Really impressed with Solanke since we got him, he deffo belongs with the first team, hope he gets more time, his cameo was very good for me, shame he didn't take his own chance but that will come, hopefully another steal from Chelsea

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #907 on: August 31, 2017, 03:15:40 pm »
Origi's loan deal that is now official is an incredible leap of faith from Klopp that Solanke who is now officially our 3rd no.9 this season is good enough to be relied upon.

For me Klopp is one of the best talent evaluators out there right now and I'm sure this means he's seen more than enough from Solanke in training and in games to know he's grasping our style of football. Against Palace when Solanke's counter-pressing created that chance for Mane, Klopp went berserk over it - it's not a dig at Origi but off top of my head I can't remember him ever causing a turnover in opposition half (I could be badly wrong about this).

I'm convinced Dom won't let us down.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #908 on: August 31, 2017, 03:26:25 pm »
This kid is the real deal.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #909 on: September 1, 2017, 04:23:38 am »
The three big winners from this transfer window IMO are Gomez, Solanke and Moreno. I think the way the squad has panned out they got bigger roles than they'd have expected.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #910 on: September 1, 2017, 04:32:56 am »
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of him this season across our various competitions. I agree that at the moment, I think he suits us a bit better than Origi (who I hope kicks on this year and returns confident and in form). He presses instinctively and gives us a different physical presence.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #911 on: September 1, 2017, 06:36:02 am »
Maybe him, Oxo and Robertson will help us against mid-table busses.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline jmazza14

• Boys Pen
« Reply #912 on: September 1, 2017, 09:17:15 am »
I really like the look of Dom. I think he has the ability to be a real star for us and I think Klopp already in his short time with him can see his value.

From what I have seen, has a real ability to play the striker role as close to, as Firmino. He can hold up the ball, he can press, he can pass (although not as dynamic as Firmino) and he can run the channels. Think he will grow significantly as a play this season under Klopp and by next season we could have a real player on our hands.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #913 on: September 1, 2017, 09:40:00 am »
Maybe him, Oxo and Robertson will help us against mid-table busses.
Yeah, I'd rather see us use Solanke as a target man for crosses, a more traditional striker, than trying to play him like Firmino. That would give us an option when we're stuck and need to change things around, or when we're defending a lead.
Asking him to be our creative focal point and playmaker, like Firmino, is asking way too much IMO. That was the trap that Origi fell into.

Offline jmazza14

• Boys Pen
« Reply #914 on: September 1, 2017, 09:46:38 am »
What I forgot to mention is, although I believe he can play the way Firmino does for us in our system, what is really pleasing is the fact that he can also play as that target man because of his size and his ability to be in the right spots. He really adds unpredictability and finishing qualities that can be really handy for us this season and beyond. Especially against low block teams.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #915 on: September 1, 2017, 09:48:16 am »
The three big winners from this transfer window IMO are Gomez, Solanke and Moreno. I think the way the squad has panned out they got bigger roles than they'd have expected.

just like new signings! ;D

don't ever forget milly being back in midfield.

Of all the players we just signed, I am most excited about Dom. His performance and goals in pre season greatly contributed to that.  And the fact that, Origi is loaned out shows that maybe Klopp does see something in him that makes him think that he is ready for a 1st team role.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #916 on: September 1, 2017, 04:25:27 pm »
Klopp isn't wrong when he says they're like new signings. He's already rotating our fullbacks and using Milner to fill in when necessary in midfield. He obviously sees a lot in Solanke to allow Origi to leave on loan without briniging another striker in. Wonder how far along is Ings on his recovery, and whether Klopp has factored the latter in his planning.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #917 on: September 1, 2017, 04:30:19 pm »
Klopp isn't wrong when he says they're like new signings. He's already rotating our fullbacks and using Milner to fill in when necessary in midfield. He obviously sees a lot in Solanke to allow Origi to leave on loan without briniging another striker in. Wonder how far along is Ings on his recovery, and whether Klopp has factored the latter in his planning.

Ings is back in full training with the first team, and has already played for the U23s this season to help gain his fitness. I'd reckon there is a good chance he will be in the squad for the league cup game vs Leicester.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #918 on: September 1, 2017, 04:32:48 pm »
Ings is back in full training with the first team, and has already played for the U23s this season to help gain his fitness. I'd reckon there is a good chance he will be in the squad for the league cup game vs Leicester.

Nice to hear. Ings getting to speed through cup games could see him be a surprise factor in our forward line. Always wanted to see how a fully fit Ings would fare under Klopp.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #919 on: September 9, 2017, 02:24:32 pm »
Can't really draw many conclusions from a situation like this but he's been strong on the ball, having a very assured first touch and spun Mangala with a lovely turn at one point.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke