Author Topic: FIFA 18  (Read 47631 times)

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FIFA 18
« Reply #160 on: September 29, 2017, 08:24:11 pm »
Yup...most popular day for buying it, yous thing theyd put on a couple more servers!
But that would cost EA money!!!
They love taking it, but not spending it

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #161 on: September 29, 2017, 08:47:54 pm »
But that would cost EA money!!!
They love taking it, but not spending it

Very true mate, very true.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2017, 01:00:57 am »
Wow online is a mess. Beat real madrid 6-4 defending is non existent

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: September 30, 2017, 01:25:24 am »
Haven't played since Fifa 15. Really shouldn't waste money or time playing Fifa 18. But I still think I might... going to have to go PC this time, sold the console years back.. someone talk me out of it.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: September 30, 2017, 04:32:41 am »
enjoying it so far, more than pes anyway, not arsed about online as i can't be doing with win at all cost tactics and facing the same old teams every game

once again the default settings out of the box aren't great but a bit of tweaking with the sliders has resulted in some good close games with chances hard to come by at either end, didn't play 17 but the opposition turning into 1970 brazil and keeping the ball for long spells has gone thank fuck, will start a career when i get time, usually always end up getting bored though once every game starts playing out the same

here's the sliders i'm using at the moment
World Class/Legendary, 10-15 Mins, Slow Speed

Sprint Speed - 51/51 - Needs more testing, but the attempt here is to increase more physicality, but also to balance the slower animations due to pass speed decrease.
Acceleration - 50/50
Shot Error - 50/50
Pass Error - 60/60 - We liked the decision making here from the CPU, without hurting the variety.
Shot Speed - 45/45 - Kudos to Josh here, fantastic find. Loving the shot animations and the power on the shots still. Really great.
Pass Speed - 35/35 - Probably the breakthrough here thanks to balla. It not only slows the pass speed (Driven pass), but also slows down the animation speeds of all players. Very nice find, and allows us to modify the other values accordingly.
Injury Frequency - 50/50
Injury Severity - 50/50
GK Ability - 45/45 - Kudos to Josh here because the saves, relative to the shot speed, look much more in sync and less twitchy. Seeing some nice save animations and adequate, realistic, goals given up.
Marking - 40/50 - The discrepancy is because the CPU defense is fine, so there is no need to adjust their values away from default anymore. The user's, however, is a bit more chaotic at default. The defenders tend to turn their back and follow the attackers deep into the box. With this lower marking approach, it allows more calmness defensively, and not have the users defenders running around aimlessly. More zonal look means less of chasing an attacker out of position, and more opportunities for offsides.
Run Frequency - 50/50 - With the adjustment to pass speed, and the line values, there is no need to handicap the CPU with a lower run frequency. Thankfully the driven pass is lessened, so now the CPU has to find these players that are making their runs. In addition, it was found that the run frequency affects some physicality chances as well, since on a lower setting, there are not enough players up the pitch - thuse not enough opportunity for physicality.
Height - 50/50
Length - 45/45 - Bit the bullet on this one, reluctantly, as we did not want to modify any line values. Enough was enough though as the length of the pitch was too far decompressed, and resulted in 15-30 yard passes with ease, and to feet. This change, relative to the set, has now allowed a bit more opportunity for physicality and more actual build up.
Width - 48/48 - Lowered this just a bit to compliment the adjustments to length and pass speed. The driven pass tends to occur in more width in the midfield, so lessened the space has helped quite a bit. Have to pay attention to the FBs getting too cramped though, but this should be okay relative to the run frequency and marking settings.
FB Positioning - 50/50
FT Control - 55/55 Allows for a slight bad touch on occasion, and separates quality players form lower level.

https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-fifa-sliders/915625-fifa-18-os-community-sliders.html

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #165 on: September 30, 2017, 05:04:09 am »
Amount of bellends using PSG/Madrid/Barca in online seasons is frustrating. How tf do I get matched with those teams again and again despite picking liverpool who have half a star lower rating than all 3 teams.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: September 30, 2017, 08:36:31 am »
For an average player who found defending on 17 challenging this is just crazy. Haven't even bothered with online yet because of it, just playing squad battles on UT. Defenders so slow and deliberately slower when chasing a through ball from oppo.

Cpu just slicing through me at will.

Wondering if anyone had any advice? Last year you had to play the narrow formations but I'm wondering if wingers might be good in this one?

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 30, 2017, 09:48:21 am »
Amount of bellends using PSG/Madrid/Barca in online seasons is frustrating. How tf do I get matched with those teams again and again despite picking liverpool who have half a star lower rating than all 3 teams.
go to match settings and set opposition team ratings to restrictive. Should only search for 4.5 star teams

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: September 30, 2017, 09:52:31 am »
For an average player who found defending on 17 challenging this is just crazy. Haven't even bothered with online yet because of it, just playing squad battles on UT. Defenders so slow and deliberately slower when chasing a through ball from oppo.

Cpu just slicing through me at will.

Wondering if anyone had any advice? Last year you had to play the narrow formations but I'm wondering if wingers might be good in this one?
the last few fifas I've averaged around a goal or less conceded per game but this is just crazy at the moment. Played 2 last night and won 6-4, 4-2 but the games were so open. I think they've made the X tackle a lot less affective so its easy to miss those 1 on 1 tackles. Holding x seems to do a 'Power' tackle now and tapping it tries to knick the ball. Think i need to learn the timing of them

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #169 on: September 30, 2017, 11:12:48 am »
Is the heat seeking missile defending gone then? That would be great.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #170 on: September 30, 2017, 12:14:52 pm »
Just seen someone hit the post with a pen, no touch from anyone else and the taker was able to shoot from the rebound.
AHA!

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: September 30, 2017, 03:40:02 pm »
Well had 2 games things were going well. Then lost 3-8. He played as spurs with a narrow diamond with son and alli in midfield. Seems the aim this year is to keep the ball central and shoot at will.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: September 30, 2017, 04:16:17 pm »
How do you do a low and hard cross? Triple tap doesn't work anymore.

Online chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #173 on: October 1, 2017, 01:29:22 am »
It’s so hard to fucking defend on this game..
YNWA - JFT97

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 1, 2017, 01:36:40 am »

Double tap square on PS4

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: October 1, 2017, 01:36:42 am »
It’s so hard to fucking defend on this game..
Wait.....you can defend on this game?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #176 on: October 1, 2017, 03:36:37 am »
Anyone got any tips for getting plenty of coin/good players more easily on Ultimate Team? Squad building challenges etc?

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #177 on: October 1, 2017, 09:01:28 am »
Depends if you can be arsed with trading/sniping and the like. Personally I always stay away from that side of the game and this year Squad Battles is a godsend for me, six or seven wins and I'm guaranteed 12,000 coins and 2 Jumbo Premium packs.
AHA!

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #178 on: October 1, 2017, 03:19:25 pm »
Double tap square on PS4

Really? When ive done that for a medium cross the fucker just lofts in short and high.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #179 on: October 1, 2017, 03:20:56 pm »
Anyone got any tips for getting plenty of coin/good players more easily on Ultimate Team? Squad building challenges etc?

Previous ones you could find a cheap ish player and buy them all up and sell at a profit. Helps if you are unemployed/student. Buy said player in the night from our American cousins and then sell at home for more ;)

Depends if you can be arsed with trading/sniping and the like. Personally I always stay away from that side of the game and this year Squad Battles is a godsend for me, six or seven wins and I'm guaranteed 12,000 coins and 2 Jumbo Premium packs.

trading/sniping...whats the sniping part of that mate?

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #180 on: October 1, 2017, 03:34:47 pm »
Essentially it's searching out players that are up for BIN cheaper than they're actual worth, signing them and turning a profit.

Seems like a hassle to me, but then I've always preferred to do packs only. If you know what you're doing, you can make loads of coins I'd imagine.
AHA!

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: October 1, 2017, 03:35:31 pm »
Previous ones you could find a cheap ish player and buy them all up and sell at a profit. Helps if you are unemployed/student. Buy said player in the night from our American cousins and then sell at home for more ;)

trading/sniping...whats the sniping part of that mate?
Like say for instance there's a player that goes for 35k or something like that, sometimes people who sell them don't know what they're actually worth and will put them up on the market for much cheaper. Basically just search for that particular player and lower the Buy It Now on the search function to a lowish amount and just checking. It's difficult to do if you get bored easily and tons of other people do the same tactic so it can be hard to actually get them. You can make mad profit off of it though!

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #182 on: October 1, 2017, 06:41:15 pm »

Hold R1 ;)
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #183 on: October 1, 2017, 07:36:00 pm »
Like say for instance there's a player that goes for 35k or something like that, sometimes people who sell them don't know what they're actually worth and will put them up on the market for much cheaper. Basically just search for that particular player and lower the Buy It Now on the search function to a lowish amount and just checking. It's difficult to do if you get bored easily and tons of other people do the same tactic so it can be hard to actually get them. You can make mad profit off of it though!

Ah righto, thanks for that...yea dont think i can be arsed ;D

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #184 on: October 1, 2017, 07:36:16 pm »
Hold R1 ;)

And still tripple tap or not?

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #185 on: October 1, 2017, 07:39:46 pm »
And still tripple tap or not?

No. A normal cross is square. To do a high/lofted cross, hold L1. To do a low/drilled cross, hold R1.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #186 on: October 1, 2017, 07:40:30 pm »
No. A normal cross is square. To do a high/lofted cross, hold L1. To do a low/drilled cross, hold R1.

Ah...cheers kid. Why do they have to change things ffs! Im 42...I dont do change!

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #187 on: October 1, 2017, 07:44:02 pm »
Ah...cheers kid. Why do they have to change things ffs! Im 42...I dont do change!

I only figured it out yesterday when I kept trying to do the early cross with L1 and it kept going about a mile into the air  :butt

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #188 on: October 1, 2017, 07:45:43 pm »
I only figured it out yesterday when I kept trying to do the early cross with L1 and it kept going about a mile into the air  :butt

Hahah thats what happened to me when I double tapped O (got the pro evo settings. Like I said, cant teach an arl dog new tricks) it just looped in the air going no distance!

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: October 2, 2017, 12:56:07 am »
So this happened a few hours ago.....

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #190 on: October 2, 2017, 09:26:05 am »
Packs seem far more rewarding this year, I've already had like 5 84+. None as good as Ronaldo, like.
AHA!

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: October 2, 2017, 11:10:44 am »
You gonna keep him or sell him and buy your self a team
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: October 2, 2017, 11:12:14 am »
I'd recommend keeping him, the best players in the game are undefendable this year.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: October 2, 2017, 11:24:03 am »
You could probably sell your PSN/Xbox Live account with Ronaldo in your team for a decent amount of cash.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: October 2, 2017, 01:10:26 pm »
Packs seem far more rewarding this year, I've already had like 5 84+. None as good as Ronaldo, like.

I’ve opened about 20 packs and not got anything over 80
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: October 2, 2017, 03:06:49 pm »
Yeah I'll be keeping him for sure, always a sucker for a 1st owner card and I have one of the best now  ;D

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #196 on: October 3, 2017, 05:35:24 am »
Just finished the Hybrid Nations SBC, and got this little beauty in my Rare Mega Pack...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AvB7Y_y4WUQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AvB7Y_y4WUQ</a>

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #197 on: October 3, 2017, 09:13:29 am »
Can't defend to save my life.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 3, 2017, 12:10:20 pm »
Can't defend to save my life.
Try avoid using the tackle button unless you know for certain you will win the ball. You can usually intercept a through ball by just marking the striker closely and jostling the ball away from them. It’s difficult though and more down to anticipation than anything.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: October 3, 2017, 01:48:35 pm »
I'm not having too much difficulty with the defending to be honest. As above, really, I never dive in.

You can second guess what your opponent will do the majority of the time.

I do like the rewards for the Squad Battles stuff, too. I've just looked up the format though and you actually don't get the reward for a week. There is literally 44 games over the week for you to play in order to get your points up to get decent prizes. Even if you're only playing World Class level, 10 wins means you'll finish in Elite 1 -  which means 39.8k coins and 2 Mega Packs. Once I get to that level I'll not bother playing the rest of the squad battle stuff until it resets.