Author Topic: FIFA 18  (Read 47794 times)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FIFA 18
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2017, 09:42:01 pm »
God imagine how awful fifa the journey would be with VR.

Some dickhead walks up to you with his hair swept to one side in a trendy morrissey quiff, says to you "nice game today bruv, you're never getting my spot on the squad ting brappp" then you continue to fistbump until your arm goes numb.

No thanks.
Or getting rubbed down in the physio room. Choose your physio...wisely.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2017, 09:14:51 pm »
Did I hear right that Andy Tate and the guys from ArsenalTV or whatever it's called are going to be in the game? Don't know where I read/heard that, it was a week or so back...

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2017, 10:05:46 pm »
Did I hear right that Andy Tate and the guys from ArsenalTV or whatever it's called are going to be in the game? Don't know where I read/heard that, it was a week or so back...

I don't think so. They were just in the trailer for the Journey (along with a shit load of other people).
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2017, 10:48:08 pm »
So far seen absolutely nothing that sells this game to me. Yet loads of sheep will buy it simply because Ronaldo is on the cover.

Offline Coat Of Arms

• Main Stander
  • Some men just want to watch the Woodburn
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2017, 05:40:47 pm »
So far seen absolutely nothing that sells this game to me. Yet loads of sheep will buy it simply because Ronaldo is on the cover.

Probably more to do with it being 1 of only 2 football games available to be fair.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2017, 06:20:55 pm »
Probably more to do with it being 1 of only 2 football games available to be fair.
and only £40

I was a pro eco fanboy. Loved it when it was ISS. Through uni id play it for hours with mates. Superb game. Then around 07 I got into Fifa as ego was pants and Fifa started to improve. It never matched the gameplay of pro eco 3 and the likes but it did improve.

The license helps too. Last few years small tweaks have improved Fifa and eco has caught up but for the time I get to play them nowadays I don't think the difference between the two is enough for me not to stick with the licenses.

That career mode shite was awful. Poorly scripted and just shite.

I prefer the career modes where you manage and play as the team but although the teams have some variation you still have some teams like hull play like Barca.

I think the whole presentation is fine and they should keep that consistent while refining the gameplay but it's all about fut which is where the money is.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2017, 08:06:56 pm »
Had absolutely every intention of not getting FIFA this year then they announce that legends will be on my platform and real Ronaldo is being added. Damn you EA! :)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2017, 08:33:01 pm »
Go look at the actual gameplay and see if you can spot any difference though.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2017, 12:55:35 am »
Have played every fifa religiously since 09 I say, if this one is like 17 I'm getting rid of it as soon as I buy it, the gameplay is shocking online and I don't play offline. Every game feels as if its scripted losing to terrible players who's AI do all the defending for them then score there one chance.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2017, 01:36:49 pm »
Have played every fifa religiously since 09 I say, if this one is like 17 I'm getting rid of it as soon as I buy it, the gameplay is shocking online and I don't play offline. Every game feels as if its scripted losing to terrible players who's AI do all the defending for them then score there one chance.

Fifa is in need of a long over due engine it's stale, come to the dark side and play PES a proper footy game.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2017, 07:00:26 pm »
Agree with whats been said about the servers. What annoys me is the fact I can play Pro Clubs and 99% of the time there is no lag. Though EVERY game I have on FUT has lag in it, and many to the extent it becomes unplayable. I dont understand how 1 feature can have lag an another cant on the same game?

Not sure I'll be getting 18 as this one annoys me a lot. To splash out £50 on something that annoys me does not compute.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2017, 07:02:10 pm »
and only £40

I was a pro eco fanboy. Loved it when it was ISS. Through uni id play it for hours with mates. Superb game. Then around 07 I got into Fifa as ego was pants and Fifa started to improve. It never matched the gameplay of pro eco 3 and the likes but it did improve.

The license helps too. Last few years small tweaks have improved Fifa and eco has caught up but for the time I get to play them nowadays I don't think the difference between the two is enough for me not to stick with the licenses.

That career mode shite was awful. Poorly scripted and just shite.

I prefer the career modes where you manage and play as the team but although the teams have some variation you still have some teams like hull play like Barca.

I think the whole presentation is fine and they should keep that consistent while refining the gameplay but it's all about fut which is where the money is.

Ha myself and Greame on here were talking about ISS Pro only the other day. Thoses were the days :) Also my mate, who used to post on here, had this amazing knack of nicking goals off me. He'd manage to get to the ball as it was on the goal like and get a touch on it to make it his goal. A little like Craig Johnson in the 1986 FA Cup final v Everton from Rush's shot.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #52 on: August 2, 2017, 02:19:17 pm »
So they've announced the Icons in UT have three versions. KERCHING!
AHA!

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #53 on: August 2, 2017, 02:40:35 pm »
Not getting it on launch, probs will when price goes down but cannot justify it with no changes, it's fucking shite they only focus on UT, rinse everyone through it and never actually improve the game, people keep falling for it too

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 2, 2017, 03:41:15 pm »
Yeah this won't be a day one purchase for me for the first time in a few years.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #55 on: August 2, 2017, 04:05:46 pm »
Not getting it on launch, probs will when price goes down but cannot justify it with no changes, it's fucking shite they only focus on UT, rinse everyone through it and never actually improve the game, people keep falling for it too

It takes forever for the price to drop though, then the next one is out soon.

I agree with you about them never improving the game. It wouldnt surprise me if they could improve the game exponentially, but they dont so they can just add a little bit to 16, then to 17, then to 18 and so on. For me they should release the best game that they can, and if you cant make very noticeable improvements, then just charge say £20 for an update after the transfer window closes in August and £10 for the winter one. Still will make money, but no, its not the £50 they can rinse us for each year.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #56 on: August 2, 2017, 06:41:24 pm »
I know I'll still be buying on the first day. Probably the game that spends the most time in my PS4 so it's well worth the money for me over the course of the year.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 2, 2017, 07:53:48 pm »

I agree with you about them never improving the game. It wouldnt surprise me if they could improve the game exponentially, but they dont so they can just add a little bit to 16, then to 17, then to 18 and so on. For me they should release the best game that they can, and if you cant make very noticeable improvements, then just charge say £20 for an update after the transfer window closes in August and £10 for the winter one. Still will make money, but no, its not the £50 they can rinse us for each year.

£50?!  :o Where are you buying it? Don't think I've ever paid more than £30 for a release day Fifa.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #58 on: August 2, 2017, 08:27:02 pm »
£50?!  :o Where are you buying it? Don't think I've ever paid more than £30 for a release day Fifa.

£30? Where the fuck are you buying it!?!??!

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #59 on: August 2, 2017, 08:28:38 pm »
Currantly the cheapest pre order you can buy is £49.99 and it doesnt drop buy that much on the release date.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #60 on: August 2, 2017, 08:31:49 pm »
Price?

Prices will likely start at £49.99 for the Standard Edition to around £80 for the Super Deluxe package.

Last year, Smyths Toys sold the game for £34.99 (PS3 or Xbox 360) or £36.99 (PS4 or Xbox One) if you enter the code 'FIFA5' .

Tesco Direct priced the game at £42 (PS4 or Xbox One), Zavvi online sold it for £44.99 (PS4 or Xbox One, and Currys ' price was £45.99 (PS4 or Xbox One), while Amazon's was £41.85 (PS4 or Xbox One).

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fifa-18-date-release-preorder-11942603?service=responsive#r3z-addoor

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: August 2, 2017, 08:41:08 pm »
£30? Where the fuck are you buying it!?!??!

I haven't looked this year but normally Tesco or Asda do a midnight release deal then it goes up about a tenner the morning after. Last year I got it from Morrisons, I get 10% there courtesy of the wife (at least she's useful for something).

Edit: Paid £34 last year according to my bank account so not quite £30 but not far off.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2017, 08:45:48 pm by sminp »
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 2, 2017, 08:45:09 pm »
Get mine free every year. Game have been doing bonus trade ins around august so i usually get about 50 quid back for fifa and pes. Haven't had to buy fifa for the last 2 years

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #63 on: August 2, 2017, 08:52:30 pm »
I haven't looked this year but normally Tesco or Asda do a midnight release deal then it goes up about a tenner the morning after. Last year I got it from Morrisons, I get 10% there courtesy of the wife (at least she's useful for something).

Edit: Paid £34 last year according to my bank account so not quite £30 but not far off.

Hahahaha. Might wonder down to Tesco this year then if you get a teener of. Club card points too. I dunno though, Feed up of shelling out £'s on the same game every year that annoys the shit out of me at times.

Get mine free every year. Game have been doing bonus trade ins around august so i usually get about 50 quid back for fifa and pes. Haven't had to buy fifa for the last 2 years

Nice!

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #64 on: August 2, 2017, 09:00:31 pm »
Never played ultimate team, dont even have a clue how it works. I only buy it for career mode but its shit. When you win a competition or the league, no special features its just an extra 10 million in your budget, fuckin shite. It usually drops down a bit on Ebay after a few weeks so I'll get it then. Not even worth 49.99.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: August 3, 2017, 12:38:07 am »
So they've announced the Icons in UT have three versions. KERCHING!
They look cool, but every year they add new features without ever actually fixing the gameplay or the servers.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 3, 2017, 04:53:21 am »
Only thing changed from gameplay video i have seen, that they changed awful looking 'goal post' to something realistic.

Animation looks worse then it was before. Thought there will be special animation for some players. cristiano doesn't moves like cristiano at all.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2017, 04:05:04 pm by Kopout »

Offline Stand Free

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #67 on: August 3, 2017, 03:18:56 pm »
No chance I get this at the beginning this year, gave up on 17 very early. Surely at some point the majority will become sick of the same flawed game every year and they'll see a drop in sales.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #68 on: August 3, 2017, 03:41:13 pm »
No chance I get this at the beginning this year, gave up on 17 very early. Surely at some point the majority will become sick of the same flawed game every year and they'll see a drop in sales.

Thats what I hope too mate, but I just cant see it. Every kid wants the latest toy, and after a doubtful slow start sales, im sure they will pick right up around Christmas.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: August 4, 2017, 10:31:20 pm »
I love how everyones saying they're not getting it on release and they're not falling for EA's shenanigans again.
Then there's me sitting on my digital pre-order getting ready to splash my cash on Ultimate Team  ;D ;D

#Weakness

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #70 on: August 4, 2017, 10:34:31 pm »
I love how everyones saying they're not getting it on release and they're not falling for EA's shenanigans again.
Then there's me sitting on my digital pre-order getting ready to splash my cash on Ultimate Team  ;D ;D

#Weakness

;D

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #71 on: August 5, 2017, 11:16:21 am »

#Weakness

I actually didn't buy Fifa 17 and realised I only played it for the very first time about a week ago at a friends place. Planning on buying Fifa 18 though so I don't get embarrassed at our annual Fifa Tournament, I won the fifa 16, how far I have fallen in just a short year.
We beat Real Madrid

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2017, 07:37:54 pm »

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2017, 10:36:13 pm »
Some of the leaked stuff for career mode looks a welcome addition.

Face to face interactions between club reps when buying and selling players, being able to add sell on percentages and release clause aswell.

Also like that there's now press conferences to announce new players.

Just need the gameplay to not be shite now.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2017, 01:24:32 am »
Some of the leaked stuff for career mode looks a welcome addition.

Face to face interactions between club reps when buying and selling players, being able to add sell on percentages and release clause aswell.

Also like that there's now press conferences to announce new players.

Just need the gameplay to not be shite now.

Yeah, that whole "shite gameplay" thing is something that EA should probably look into at some point in the future rather than just smearing more and more lipstick on the pig. 

I only got FIFA 17 a couple of months ago (was playing a modded FIFA 15 prior to that) and it's bloody horrendous.  The input lag alone (on or offline) makes me want to chew my own thumbs off by the end of a couple of games.  I haven't bought PES for a while but think that this is gonna be the year. 

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2017, 01:35:32 pm »
Yeah, that whole "shite gameplay" thing is something that EA should probably look into at some point in the future rather than just smearing more and more lipstick on the pig. 

I only got FIFA 17 a couple of months ago (was playing a modded FIFA 15 prior to that) and it's bloody horrendous.  The input lag alone (on or offline) makes me want to chew my own thumbs off by the end of a couple of games.  I haven't bought PES for a while but think that this is gonna be the year. 
I definitely recommend the PES demo when it's out (rumour is August 30th) - if they've kept it close to how the beta was, it's very good.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2017, 06:15:42 am »
I definitely recommend the PES demo when it's out (rumour is August 30th) - if they've kept it close to how the beta was, it's very good.

Cheers mate.  Will have a look.

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2017, 10:14:52 am »
Honestly, if we could just combine the Pes gameplay with Ultimate team I probably would not play anything else for the entire year.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2017, 11:05:36 am »

I'll be honest, I probably will get it despite my ramblings but that's down to playing Pro Clubs with my friends, that's my maind raw to the game.

I do get annoyed at the AI and gameplay at times and it doesn't improve, Pro Clubs AI for defense is either very good or just diabolical, sometimes you press right and throught ball (triangle) and it goes down or across, it's fucking mental how it does what it wants at times instead of what you ask for...but there's little choice and I can't get Pro Evo if all my mates get FIFA 18.... EA have us by the balls!!  :'(

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2017, 11:07:05 am »
One of these days they'll actually make Clubs into the MMOish spectacle I want it to be.
AHA!